**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Gifting Badge Discussion [Merged Threads]

Comments

• DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,861 ★★★★★
    DukeZman said:

OMC_Pinto said:

I would like to see Kabam comment on the factors for determining that 300 units was the ideal amount? People who have used the gifting badge after purchase prob spent more units sending items to teammates that they wouldnt have normally spent without the badge. Obviously quantifying an exact unit amount would be a large undertaking but I would have expected the number to be closer to the minimum units provided for purchasing (850 in the $29.99 package).

It's pretty hard to decide what the value of any given thing is to everybody. Technically, the Gifting Badge had no value, as it was a free add on to a Unit Pack that contained 850 Units, but that doesn't mean that it had no value to everybody, as some may have purchased the package just for that and not the units.
    Lazy answer. It may have been a "free add on" but tons of people like me ONLY spent the $30 on units because we wanted the gifting function. The Units to me were the "free add on" as they had zero determining factor on my $30 purchase. Be honest. People were buying the gifting badge and taking the units only because they came with it.
    Are you going to have them reverse the purchases made with the 850 units as well and any other domino effect actions taken because of what you purchased? You used the 850 units did you not? You got what you paid for. End of story. It's really not that hard to understand. The badge was free. The units cost $29.99.
  • IKONIKON Posts: 1,332 ★★★★★
    Kabam: People are being fraudulent and making purchases with stolen information that is negatively affecting people whos information was stolen. We're doing the responsible thing and freezing these type of transactions until we can ensure they're protected.

Community: to hell with those people, this affects ME!

Give your head a shake people.
  • MedjarMedjar Posts: 8
    FTS
  • Corvus_mitoCorvus_mito Posts: 1
    edited March 2019
    Vao toma no rabo kabam. Empresa fdp so quer roubar o usuário.
  • Jedi_HawkeJedi_Hawke Posts: 955 ★★★
    edited March 2019
    This is not correct. This is not the behaviour that we were concerned with. The Fraud we're talking about involved stolen information, and was harmful to people.

I kinda wanna know more about this.
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★

Someone may have already asked.. but why not just ban the accounts found committing fraud.. unless they figure it's the entire community.. and that's why everyone is being affected..

This is much larger than just one player to player, and just banning the Accounts that we find guilty of it will not fix the issue. This is a much larger issue that we need to tackle, and this is the first step.
    Plus banning the people doing this would hurt them even more cause I'm sure alot of the whales are involved.
    They never said those accounts weren't banned.
    Its hard to ban them. When a refund happen the app stores just tell them there was a refund, not which account the refund came from.
  • YoungjocYoungjoc Posts: 2
    Yea 300 units worth to take my badge naw I’m good, I also paid the 30 dollars for it give me my moneys worth
  • Josh056Josh056 Posts: 126
    Considering it was an add on to the 850 unit deal, they actually don’t owe us anything. They could have literally taken it away and given us nothing and we would have gotten what we paid for...850 units.
  • Jedi_HawkeJedi_Hawke Posts: 955 ★★★

Waboba said:

So how did people abuse it?

They created a second account and bought the gifting badge so they could keep sending potions, energy reffils etc.. to the main account.
    What is strange to me is why has this never been adressed by the game team..people have done this since the introduction of the gifting badge, but now that act 6 just dropped, people are using this for potions and reffils, spending less money, and out off knowhere kabam realises that they are losing amount of cash, making them mad.
    Kabam should really reconsider how they are treating their costumers..
    And not even the 30$ the costumers spent was refunded.
    This is not correct. This is not the behaviour that we were concerned with. The Fraud we're talking about involved stolen information, and was harmful to people.
    Gotcha. I mean, I wouldn't want my info stolen.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    IKON said:

Kabam: People are being fraudulent and making purchases with stolen information that is negatively affecting people whos information was stolen. We're doing the responsible thing and freezing these type of transactions until we can ensure they're protected.

Community: to hell with those people, this affects ME!

Give your head a shake people.

"I want the Units I used, plus the Units you compensated me with, plus the use I got out of the free gift, plus my money back. Bait and switch." XD
  • Fugitive21Fugitive21 Posts: 221
    Apple will not refund you if the purchase was over 90 days ago.
  • WabobaWaboba Posts: 262 ★★

Vao toma no rabo kabam. Empresa fdp so quer roubar o usuário.

eitaaa @Corvus_mito , deviam levar com isso e muito mais.
    fodass, caralhos de merda a arruinar esta puta de jogo.
  • SoldierSoldier Posts: 8

Badrose said:

May someone explain what fraud are we talking about? It's just for people sending stuff to their second account???

No, we mean real world Fraud that includes stolen information and fraudulent purchases.

So the problem is with the purchases, not with gifts, remove the purchase hability
    edited March 2019

I still a credit card. I sell you $30 worth of items for $10 payable by paypal, I just made $10. the original card holder dose a charge back, apple gives the money back but does not tell kabam what account the money came from so it is hard for kabam to take action, even if they did take action the account owner just creates a new one. As for the account that purchased the units, how do you know it was purchased or just given to them.
  • PlantesanPlantesan Posts: 335 ★★
    @Kabam Miike assuming you guys get this corrected and the possibility of the badges making a return is there, would the player base outside of the abusers get their badges back...or would it be a “spend another $30 offer for units and the gifting badge”
    Youngjoc said:

Yea 300 units worth to take my badge naw I’m good, I also paid the 30 dollars for it give me my moneys worth

you got 850 units with the badge, now you are getting 1150 units for $30, you got the value.
  • SoldierSoldier Posts: 8

So the problem is with the purchases, not with gifts, remove the purchase hability
  • WabobaWaboba Posts: 262 ★★
    edited March 2019
    Soldier said:

Badrose said:

May someone explain what fraud are we talking about? It's just for people sending stuff to their second account???

No, we mean real world Fraud that includes stolen information and fraudulent purchases.

This.
    btw how did ya managed to put those letters..like that.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,861 ★★★★★
    Lormif said:

Youngjoc said:

you got 850 units with the badge, now you are getting 1150 units for $30, you got the value.
    Not sure why it's so hard to understand. This is exactly true.
  • Josh056Josh056 Posts: 126
    The real question everyone should be asking is what happened to the people who committed the fraud. Did they get banned? Or did they just lose their gifting badges and get 300 units?
    Isman1998 said:

Isman1998 said:

Isman1998 said:

undefined
    The only way to get the badge permanently was to spend 30 dollars? How is that not buying the badge?

The Badge was a free add-on that came with the one-time purchase of 850 Units. The Unit Offer IS the purchase. Same price as that Offer always is. People bought and used 850 Units. The Badge came as a free gift.
    I don't like it either. It was nice to borrow a Rev now and then from my guys when I needed it. However, when we're talking Theft and Fraud, that's no joke. Unfortunately, that's the length of the greed that some people have. They don't care. They just hock off whoever they want, and the end result is no one can use it.
    If I can't get the badge permanently any other way it's not free. I paid for that badge. Unless there was some way to unlock it without spending money I paid for the badge, units, and whatever else came in that deal as far as I'm concerned.
    850 Units isn't just whatever comes with it. That's the Offer. That's the Offer every day. The Badge was a free gift, and it was abused. So they had to remove it.
    GW I get what you're saying. I honestly truly do, but I wouldn't had bought the offer if it wasn't for the gifting badge. I don't need to buy units.
    Like someone already said in this thread, whoever bought the offer most likely had the thoughts of "I want the gifting badge." not "I want the Units and hey look a gifting badge."
    then would you be willing to give back 850 units to get your money back? when I bought it I had the idea, "man I get the units and the gifting badge? cool, count me in." I can count on my fingers and toes the number of times I have gifted.
  • Wakandas_FinestWakandas_Finest Posts: 811 ★★★★
    Isman1998 said:

Isman1998 said:

Isman1998 said:

undefined
    The only way to get the badge permanently was to spend 30 dollars? How is that not buying the badge?

The Badge was a free add-on that came with the one-time purchase of 850 Units. The Unit Offer IS the purchase. Same price as that Offer always is. People bought and used 850 Units. The Badge came as a free gift.
    I don't like it either. It was nice to borrow a Rev now and then from my guys when I needed it. However, when we're talking Theft and Fraud, that's no joke. Unfortunately, that's the length of the greed that some people have. They don't care. They just hock off whoever they want, and the end result is no one can use it.
    If I can't get the badge permanently any other way it's not free. I paid for that badge. Unless there was some way to unlock it without spending money I paid for the badge, units, and whatever else came in that deal as far as I'm concerned.
    850 Units isn't just whatever comes with it. That's the Offer. That's the Offer every day. The Badge was a free gift, and it was abused. So they had to remove it.
    GW I get what you're saying. I honestly truly do, but I wouldn't had bought the offer if it wasn't for the gifting badge. I don't need to buy units.
    Like someone already said in this thread, whoever bought the offer most likely had the thoughts of "I want the gifting badge." not "I want the Units and hey look a gifting badge."
    So you never bought a unit deal other than the one time just for the gifting badge?
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    To be fair, I understand that people are upset. I'm not trying to snub them off. I'm just explaining what's going on so people understand. This was necessary. People were being scammed and frauded. That goes beyond just the monetary value in a multitude of ways.
  • IKONIKON Posts: 1,332 ★★★★★
    Put it another way, if this was your credit card that was being used, would you be ok with them not doing anything to stop it?
  • Isman1998Isman1998 Posts: 520 ★★★
    Lormif said:

Isman1998 said:

Isman1998 said:

Isman1998 said:

undefined

then would you be willing to give back 850 units to get your money back? when I bought it I had the idea, "man I get the units and the gifting badge? cool, count me in." I can count on my fingers and toes the number of times I have gifted.
    I've legit said in this thread at least 3 times that they can take the units back if they give me my money back lol.
This discussion has been closed.