**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Gifting Badge Discussion [Merged Threads]

Comments

• SkxxxtySkxxxty Posts: 86
    edited March 2019
    This is totally bogus cow pies! I want my badge or my 30$ I bought it a long time ago to help support my alliance in war and quest. I would not have made that purchase if not for the badge. This is fraud! Some players cheated the game so the game cheated the rest of us. Enter rage face here.
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★

Lormif said:

Isman1998 said:

Isman1998 said:

Isman1998 said:

undefined
    The only way to get the badge permanently was to spend 30 dollars? How is that not buying the badge?

The Badge was a free add-on that came with the one-time purchase of 850 Units. The Unit Offer IS the purchase. Same price as that Offer always is. People bought and used 850 Units. The Badge came as a free gift.
    I don't like it either. It was nice to borrow a Rev now and then from my guys when I needed it. However, when we're talking Theft and Fraud, that's no joke. Unfortunately, that's the length of the greed that some people have. They don't care. They just hock off whoever they want, and the end result is no one can use it.
    If I can't get the badge permanently any other way it's not free. I paid for that badge. Unless there was some way to unlock it without spending money I paid for the badge, units, and whatever else came in that deal as far as I'm concerned.
    850 Units isn't just whatever comes with it. That's the Offer. That's the Offer every day. The Badge was a free gift, and it was abused. So they had to remove it.
    GW I get what you're saying. I honestly truly do, but I wouldn't had bought the offer if it wasn't for the gifting badge. I don't need to buy units.
    Like someone already said in this thread, whoever bought the offer most likely had the thoughts of "I want the gifting badge." not "I want the Units and hey look a gifting badge."
    then would you be willing to give back 850 units to get your money back? when I bought it I had the idea, "man I get the units and the gifting badge? cool, count me in." I can count on my fingers and toes the number of times I have gifted.
    Yeah I would give my 850 units back. It's amazing how some of you ppl will do anything to support kabaam. Its honestly **** pathetic. Get off ur knees an take a breath.
    In those cases I see potential to fix the issue. how about instead of personal attacks because I disagree with you and can see Kabam's side, you argue an actual rational argument....
  • So someone flagged my last post because I'm trying to give perspective on this? Real mature. From what I can see, when someone sees that this is bigger than the game, they start to understand why this is happening. Those posts I included are buried. So figured help make them visible to those just joining. But I guess that's offensive... somehow. Sorry, but I agree with their decision here and hope they can fix it.

I'm sorry to whomever you are that you found this 'flag' worthy. Amongst the others that were flagged for seemingly no reason. Apparently having an open minded opinion is bad around here in the eyes of some. To those that see the big picture, good. This whole thing is rough. Again, best of luck Kabam in sorting all this out.
  • Isman1998Isman1998 Posts: 520 ★★★

Isman1998 said:

Isman1998 said:

Isman1998 said:

undefined
    The only way to get the badge permanently was to spend 30 dollars? How is that not buying the badge?

The Badge was a free add-on that came with the one-time purchase of 850 Units. The Unit Offer IS the purchase. Same price as that Offer always is. People bought and used 850 Units. The Badge came as a free gift.
    I don't like it either. It was nice to borrow a Rev now and then from my guys when I needed it. However, when we're talking Theft and Fraud, that's no joke. Unfortunately, that's the length of the greed that some people have. They don't care. They just hock off whoever they want, and the end result is no one can use it.
    If I can't get the badge permanently any other way it's not free. I paid for that badge. Unless there was some way to unlock it without spending money I paid for the badge, units, and whatever else came in that deal as far as I'm concerned.
    850 Units isn't just whatever comes with it. That's the Offer. That's the Offer every day. The Badge was a free gift, and it was abused. So they had to remove it.
    GW I get what you're saying. I honestly truly do, but I wouldn't had bought the offer if it wasn't for the gifting badge. I don't need to buy units.
    Like someone already said in this thread, whoever bought the offer most likely had the thoughts of "I want the gifting badge." not "I want the Units and hey look a gifting badge."
    So you never bought a unit deal other than the one time just for the gifting badge?
    One time for the gifting badge and one time for the 1 dollar 4 star crystal. 🤷🏾‍♂️
  • I didn't buy your package for the stupid units. I bought the badge. Who do I contact for my $30 refund?
  • SkxxxtySkxxxty Posts: 86
    I won’t claim this insult of a reimbursement
    Drooped2 said:

To be fair, I understand that people are upset. I'm not trying to snub them off. I'm just explaining what's going on so people understand. This was necessary. People were being scammed and frauded. That goes beyond just the monetary value in a multitude of ways.

Correct I bought a gifting badge and got scammed because I dont have it.

Fixing fraud by committing fraud? That's a new solution for sure
    This is not fraud, it is hardly even a bait and switch since the gifting badge had a value of 0
  • kmac_qtpkmac_qtp Posts: 62

This idea doesn't need to be perpetuated any further. If someone bought 850 units without the gifting badge, that's what they bought. If they bought 850 units with the gifting badge, that's what they bought. The cost of the units vs. the cost of the units plus the badge doesn't make them the same - they weren't the same item - and in this situation people bought it with the badge.

No one understands that concept better than Kabam. Sometimes you spend 200 units and get a 3 star crystal. Sometimes you spend 200 units and get a Cavalier crystal. By virtue of them both costing 200 units, you can't revoke every 4*, 5*, and 6* champion anyone has pulled and justify it by saying "well, it cost the same as a 3 star crystal." Conversely, if they were capable of doing so, Kabam probably wouldn't be fond of offering to revoke 3* champs that people got out of 200 unit crystals and giving cavalier crystals in place of them and that's perfectly fair. Why? Because those people didn't buy cavalier crystals. They bought something knowing what they were getting - non-negotiable.

I understand that Kabam has a very real problem to address, but that responsibility is not on the customers or their wallets.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,192 ★★★★★
    Isman1998 said:

Lormif said:

Isman1998 said:

Isman1998 said:

Isman1998 said:

undefined

then would you be willing to give back 850 units to get your money back? when I bought it I had the idea, "man I get the units and the gifting badge? cool, count me in." I can count on my fingers and toes the number of times I have gifted.
    I've legit said in this thread at least 3 times that they can take the units back if they give me my money back lol.
    How would you go about doing that? How many Accounts bought the Offer? Would you just send $30 to every Account used to purchase the Badge and hope it hits its target? That's not feasible.
    Unfortunately, the Refund Policy is in the TOS.
  • Jridenhour_3Jridenhour_3 Posts: 348 ★★
    Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Isman1998 said:

Isman1998 said:

Isman1998 said:

undefined

Yeah I would give my 850 units back. It's amazing how some of you ppl will do anything to support kabaam. Its honestly **** pathetic. Get off ur knees an take a breath.
    In those cases I see potential to fix the issue. how about instead of personal attacks because I disagree with you and can see Kabam's side, you argue an actual rational argument....
    Rational argument. I spent 30 dollars to buy the badge. Not the units. refund me my 30 dollars an take back 850 units. That's my argument.
  • HksBindraHksBindra Posts: 38
    Kabam wants to curb the misuse of the gifting badge, that doesn't seem unfair. Kabam i say this to you -
    You should stop it, but you should hire some smart people who actually work hard at solving your problems and not creating new ones while doing that.
    There's actually very simple ways in which you could've achieved what you wanted.
    1. Set a limit on how many gifts one can send in a day/week/month.
    2. Ask everyone to set a pre defined list of a certain number of people they can send gifts to. People in this list can only be altered using units like name changing token. You can even monitor people who change this list often to weed out the sellers.

I think this solution will work for everyone and everyone will be "not pissed"!!
    If someone here can show me a problem with my solution, i can offer some more ideas on how to make this work.

But Kabam, what you've done is cheating and it has certainly pushed me over the edge. We don't mind spending on this game of our own accord, but you backing us into a corner like this is taking advantage and that's very poor ethics. I'm certainly quitting if things don't look up.

Good luck Kabam. You're gonna lose a lot of the community, if you keep this up.
  • Jedi_HawkeJedi_Hawke Posts: 955 ★★★
    The gift badge was the first and last thing I ever bought because I kind of thought it was a scam after I bought it. I didn't really know I would have to spend units to gift stuff, at the time I purchased it I thought I could gift stuff in my inventories. They never really mentioned that before part before I paid for it. So, it really wasn't what I expected it would be, and I never used it, and it was a red flag for me for spending money on stuff. That's my gifting badge story. For that one thread about dumbest thing you did in this game, mine would probably be buying the gifting badge.

OK, I guess I did buy that 99 cent crystal, so technically not my last purchase.
    Drooped2 said:

IKON said:

Put it another way, if this was your credit card that was being used, would you be ok with them not doing anything to stop it?

I'd call my credit card company and reverse the charges as fraud and move on with my life
    And then Kabam is out that money, plus the fees.
  • I didn't buy your package for your stupid units. I bought the badge. Who do I contact for my $30 refund?
  • Help so many summoners with my gifting badge. Why, why, why !? What are you doing !? Now everyone must buy something to be a good ally again. :(
  • SoldierSoldier Posts: 8
    @Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit

So the problem is with the purchases, not with gifts, remove the purchase hability

if the problem is buying fraud, it does not make you feel any harm to your longtime customers and the entire community closing the gifts.

The source of the problem is in the sale, not in the after sale.
  • Stagedear85Stagedear85 Posts: 774 ★★★
    If anyone want to go into business this is exactly what not to do, you cant be so out of touch with your player base. How you refund 300 units and think that's ok like who sat down and thought of this. These comments could've been avoided with a simple " it was brought to our attention that this gifting system in game is being abuse by large amount of people in the community to prevent this following tomorrow system maintenance we will be disabling the gifting badge until further notice. We don't have an answer as to when we will be re enabling it. We will be giving each one that had the permanent gifting badge 850 units, again we apologize for the inconvenience and will be looking at ways to bring back the badge for future events. That simple
  • SDPSDP Posts: 1,622 ★★★★
    Everyone is saying they paid $30 to get the badge, but you also got 850 units with that package. As did I. So, what logic is being used to apply a $30 price tag on just the badge itself?
  • JetenyoJetenyo Posts: 138
    edited March 2019
    Mixalis said:

@Kabam Miike Apple's TOS state, whatever we purchase in cash can't be removed. You just violated their TOS. I bought that badge

Jetenyo said:

Jetenyo said:

If Gifting returns will all those who already had it have it again?

If yes, 300 units is a nice compensation in the short term and we can look forward to gifting in the future.

If No, A full refund should be provided to those who purchased the gifting badge since what they purchased is no longer being provided. Or something of equal value at the very least.

I'm sure in the subtext somewhere Kabam has the right to just take everything back and we can't do anything about it. I doubt anyone has actually read the Terms before posting on this thread, I know I haven't. I'll just have to hope instead of being dirtbags Kabam will actually try to do right by the customer.

Bad news all, if you read the ToS they got this covered, last update was also prior to today so it's not like they changed it to match.

Let's enjoy our 300 Units I guess...
    Doesn't Apple TOS say whatever we buy in cash can't be removed?
    I cannot speak for Apple but if it is similar to the Google Play store the Apps themselves can be refunded, in game purchases are between the buyer and the Developer.

Lormif said:

Lormif said:

Isman1998 said:

Isman1998 said:

Isman1998 said:

undefined

Rational argument. I spent 30 dollars to buy the badge. Not the units. refund me my 30 dollars an take back 850 units. That's my argument.
    Except they did not sell a badge for $30, they sold $30 worth of units with a free gifting badge. They cannot know what was in your mind at that time. Like I said if they have the capability to take 850 units from you and you currently have them I can see a potential fix, I just dont know if they have programmed this capability. It may be an issue with the app store anyways, Ia m sure they can give you an app store credit, but I am not sure you would even be happen with that. Remember they dont process payments so they cannot give you an actual refund.
  • IKONIKON Posts: 1,334 ★★★★★
    Yes, shut down all purchases is an alternative solution. So when the game ends in two weeks where we all moving to?
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,192 ★★★★★
    kmac_qtp said:

This idea doesn't need to be perpetuated any further. If someone bought 850 units without the gifting badge, that's what they bought. If they bought 850 units with the gifting badge, that's what they bought. The cost of the units vs. the cost of the units plus the badge doesn't make them the same - they weren't the same item - and in this situation people bought it with the badge.

No one understands that concept better than Kabam. Sometimes you spend 200 units and get a 3 star crystal. Sometimes you spend 200 units and get a Cavalier crystal. By virtue of them both costing 200 units, you can't revoke every 4*, 5*, and 6* champion anyone has pulled and justify it by saying "well, it cost the same as a 3 star crystal." Conversely, if they were capable of doing so, Kabam probably wouldn't be fond of offering to revoke 3* champs that people got out of 200 unit crystals and giving cavalier crystals in place of them and that's perfectly fair. Why? Because those people didn't buy cavalier crystals. They bought something knowing what they were getting - non-negotiable.

I understand that Kabam has a very real problem to address, but that responsibility is not on the customers or their wallets.
    That's not how it works, actually.
    The Offer is the Units. They're there day in and day out for the same price. That IS the Offer.
    They came with an in-game Badge to Gift. That was disabled because of abuse. That's about it.

Also, we didn't actually purchase anything we own. We rented the license to use their product.
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,151 ★★★★★
    You bought a unit package that, at that time and for no extra money, included a gifting badge. Normally the same package is only for the units -- same cost, same number of units.

Kabam has taken back the badge, but you got to keep those units.

The value of your purchase included some value for the badge, but there is no logical reason to think that the badge is valued at the total cost of that package. The package cost included the units and the badge.
  • ManGlitterManGlitter Posts: 15
    Lormif said:

Youngjoc said:

Yea 300 units worth to take my badge naw I’m good, I also paid the 30 dollars for it give me my moneys worth

you got 850 units with the badge, now you are getting 1150 units for $30, you got the value.
    The argument is not about the total number of units received. It’s about paying with the intent of being able to gift. And the value of having that ability taken away.
  • Jridenhour_3Jridenhour_3 Posts: 348 ★★

Everyone is saying they paid $30 to get the badge, but you also got 850 units with that package. As did I. So, what logic is being used to apply a $30 price tag on just the badge itself?

People bought the 30 dollar offer strictly for the badge. Can get units for free anytime u want. Not the badge. You had to pay 30 dollars to get the badge. therefore it has 30 dollar value.
This discussion has been closed.