**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Gifting Badge Discussion [Merged Threads]

Comments

• BlackOracleBlackOracle Posts: 254 ★★★
    Soooo...is the 300 units like an initial downpayment for the 850 units it cost to get the badge? When will the 2nd installment be paid out?
  • Isman1998Isman1998 Posts: 520 ★★★

Isman1998 said:

Lormif said:

Isman1998 said:

Isman1998 said:

Isman1998 said:

undefined
    The only way to get the badge permanently was to spend 30 dollars? How is that not buying the badge?

The Badge was a free add-on that came with the one-time purchase of 850 Units. The Unit Offer IS the purchase. Same price as that Offer always is. People bought and used 850 Units. The Badge came as a free gift.
    I don't like it either. It was nice to borrow a Rev now and then from my guys when I needed it. However, when we're talking Theft and Fraud, that's no joke. Unfortunately, that's the length of the greed that some people have. They don't care. They just hock off whoever they want, and the end result is no one can use it.
    If I can't get the badge permanently any other way it's not free. I paid for that badge. Unless there was some way to unlock it without spending money I paid for the badge, units, and whatever else came in that deal as far as I'm concerned.
    850 Units isn't just whatever comes with it. That's the Offer. That's the Offer every day. The Badge was a free gift, and it was abused. So they had to remove it.
    GW I get what you're saying. I honestly truly do, but I wouldn't had bought the offer if it wasn't for the gifting badge. I don't need to buy units.
    Like someone already said in this thread, whoever bought the offer most likely had the thoughts of "I want the gifting badge." not "I want the Units and hey look a gifting badge."
    then would you be willing to give back 850 units to get your money back? when I bought it I had the idea, "man I get the units and the gifting badge? cool, count me in." I can count on my fingers and toes the number of times I have gifted.
    I've legit said in this thread at least 3 times that they can take the units back if they give me my money back lol.
    How would you go about doing that? How many Accounts bought the Offer? Would you just send $30 to every Account used to purchase the Badge and hope it hits its target? That's not feasible.
    Unfortunately, the Refund Policy is in the TOS.
    You can send the refund to the card used to purchase the badge. Or if the same card ain't used send an email to the players and let them know. It is feasible, ain't no different from how Steam does it. If you ask for a refund on Steam they send you your money back and take away the game you want refunded.
    Same concept would work in this situation. Whoever bought the badge and wants a refund should get their 30 dollars back and the 850 units taken away.
  • 850 krediye karşılık sadece 300 kredi geri verdiler insanları iyice salak yerine koyuyorlar. Parası ile alınmış hakkın geri almak çok aptalca bunun tazminatı çok daha fazla olmali.....
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    It’s $30 guys... if you got it recently, yeah Maybe u should get your money back, but I bought mine with a unit deal with a bunch of handy resources so it was “worth” my money
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    Isman1998 said:

Isman1998 said:

Lormif said:

Isman1998 said:

Isman1998 said:

Isman1998 said:

undefined
    The only way to get the badge permanently was to spend 30 dollars? How is that not buying the badge?

The Badge was a free add-on that came with the one-time purchase of 850 Units. The Unit Offer IS the purchase. Same price as that Offer always is. People bought and used 850 Units. The Badge came as a free gift.
    I don't like it either. It was nice to borrow a Rev now and then from my guys when I needed it. However, when we're talking Theft and Fraud, that's no joke. Unfortunately, that's the length of the greed that some people have. They don't care. They just hock off whoever they want, and the end result is no one can use it.
    If I can't get the badge permanently any other way it's not free. I paid for that badge. Unless there was some way to unlock it without spending money I paid for the badge, units, and whatever else came in that deal as far as I'm concerned.
    850 Units isn't just whatever comes with it. That's the Offer. That's the Offer every day. The Badge was a free gift, and it was abused. So they had to remove it.
    GW I get what you're saying. I honestly truly do, but I wouldn't had bought the offer if it wasn't for the gifting badge. I don't need to buy units.
    Like someone already said in this thread, whoever bought the offer most likely had the thoughts of "I want the gifting badge." not "I want the Units and hey look a gifting badge."
    then would you be willing to give back 850 units to get your money back? when I bought it I had the idea, "man I get the units and the gifting badge? cool, count me in." I can count on my fingers and toes the number of times I have gifted.
    I've legit said in this thread at least 3 times that they can take the units back if they give me my money back lol.
    How would you go about doing that? How many Accounts bought the Offer? Would you just send $30 to every Account used to purchase the Badge and hope it hits its target? That's not feasible.
    You can send the refund to the card used to purchase the badge. Or if the same card ain't used send an email to the players and let them know. It is feasible, ain't no different from how Steam does it. If you ask for a refund on Steam they send you your money back and take away the game you want refunded.
    Same concept would work in this situation. Whoever bought the badge and wants a refund should get their 30 dollars back and the 850 units taken away.
    This is the problem... They cant. They cannot send any money to the card because they do not process the payments, google or apple does, and they dont get that info
  • Kdog76Kdog76 Posts: 60
    Why not cap the number of items a person can gift and use a time clock to reset- similar to the glory store? You get a certain number over 5 days and after you hit the cap you can’t send more.

People should only need to gift in low quantities and it would allow alliances to help each other. You could also only allow gifting to people within the same alliance.

Lots of ways to minimize the transfer of illegal purchases and still let alliances help each other.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    Isman1998 said:

Isman1998 said:

Lormif said:

Isman1998 said:

Isman1998 said:

Isman1998 said:

undefined

That's an insane amount of internal work.
    What if they don't have the 850 Units? Then that just compounds the problem.
    There's a reason they have a non-refundable policy.
  • Wakandas_FinestWakandas_Finest Posts: 811 ★★★★
    HksBindra said:

Kabam wants to curb the misuse of the gifting badge, that doesn't seem unfair. Kabam i say this to you -
    You should stop it, but you should hire some smart people who actually work hard at solving your problems and not creating new ones while doing that.
    There's actually very simple ways in which you could've achieved what you wanted.
    1. Set a limit on how many gifts one can send in a day/week/month.
    2. Ask everyone to set a pre defined list of a certain number of people they can send gifts to. People in this list can only be altered using units like name changing token. You can even monitor people who change this list often to weed out the sellers.

I think this solution will work for everyone and everyone will be "not pissed"!!
    If someone here can show me a problem with my solution, i can offer some more ideas on how to make this work.

But Kabam, what you've done is cheating and it has certainly pushed me over the edge. We don't mind spending on this game of our own accord, but you backing us into a corner like this is taking advantage and that's very poor ethics. I'm certainly quitting if things don't look up.

Good luck Kabam. You're gonna lose a lot of the community, if you keep this up.

When you realize that the fraud was actual fraud in that players personal information was being compromised because of the exploit you'll realize that a limit on gifting won't fix the real issue
  • MrBanksMrBanks Posts: 950 ★★★
    Where is my $10?
  • Repto23Repto23 Posts: 731 ★★★
    What most people dont realize is most of us spent the $30 for the gifting badge. the 850 units it came with was the bonus
  • TeleusTeleus Posts: 94
    Seems like this might be time to finally make health potions percentage-based as they always should have been.
  • ScottryanScottryan Posts: 464 ★★★
    I paid good money for my permanent gifting badge. I didnt pay for it to go away, I paid for it to be permanent. Maybe instead of solving the problem of exploiters by striking down on everyone actually try and solve the issue. It's pathetic that you choose the easy way out of your problems instead of actually trying to solve things and help out the players that play fair. I dont want 300 units i want my 30 dollars. Disgusting solution and disgusting compensation. I dont expect better from kabam but I wish I could
    Kdog76 said:

Why not cap the number of items a person can gift and use a time clock to reset- similar to the glory store? You get a certain number over 5 days and after you hit the cap you can’t send more.

People should only need to gift in low quantities and it would allow alliances to help each other. You could also only allow gifting to people within the same alliance.

Lots of ways to minimize the transfer of illegal purchases and still let alliances help each other.

If they've handed out Compensation for it, it's likely a done deal by now. We won't use it again until the next Event.
  • Sketch1037Sketch1037 Posts: 52
    I get everyone complaining about the change because it was unexpected. This is a first step to correct a problem. Hopefully, Kabam figures out a way to follow through and correct it so those not playing fairly can be given a consequence while those of us who do play fairly can be given back what we deserve as well. Until then, just play the game.
  • Liss_Bliss_Liss_Bliss_ Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★
    Isman1998 said:

Isman1998 said:

DoodLuv said:

Bait and Switch Kabam

You are the Fraudsters here.

Make no mistake

You can’t honesty sit there and make this Kabams fault.....it’s the people using this feature for nefarious means that caused this. Yes the value we got sucks and it’s not a good position to be in, but this isn’t a bait and switch. It’s not like they sold us this with intent to take it back, that is the definition of bait and switch.
    It's not their fault (bait and switch wise) but I can't defend them robbing us of 30 dollars. Nobody wants those funky 300 units. This some straight bull.
    I’m not saying it’s reasonable how they compensated us. But that person claiming “Classic Kabam” is just trying to start a fire. I believe we should get full value back, but this is not Kabams fault. Just how they are dealing with it.
    So we're on the same page tbh lol.
    Only if that page is 394
  • Jedi_HawkeJedi_Hawke Posts: 955 ★★★
    Yea, I don't have 850 units right now. In fact, I already spent the 300 they sent me today. Needed a mastery core, and that 300 covered it. But if you all can get them to send me more units, I say go for it. I am still 1 carbonadium core and 2 stony cores away from being able to finish my re-do of masteries. So I will take units however I can get them right now, aside from real money of course lol. Once this is done, I can start saving units again.

Side note: Please don't adjust any masteries soon. Every time I re-do them, whatever I change them too gets nerfed
  • Jrendon13Jrendon13 Posts: 42

OMC_Pinto said:

I would like to see Kabam comment on the factors for determining that 300 units was the ideal amount? People who have used the gifting badge after purchase prob spent more units sending items to teammates that they wouldnt have normally spent without the badge. Obviously quantifying an exact unit amount would be a large undertaking but I would have expected the number to be closer to the minimum units provided for purchasing (850 in the $29.99 package).

It's pretty hard to decide what the value of any given thing is to everybody. Technically, the Gifting Badge had no value, as it was a free add on to a Unit Pack that contained 850 Units, but that doesn't mean that it had no value to everybody, as some may have purchased the package just for that and not the units.
    I know I got the offer just for the badge, it’s kind of necessary to have in big alliances at this point
  • PrathapPrathap Posts: 581 ★★★
    Don't get me wrong... But with having gifting badge., I'm not getting any benefit for myself right .. just the ability to help out others .... I'm gonna get something only if others also have.a gifting badge and willing to send something right???
    Jrendon13 said:

OMC_Pinto said:

I would like to see Kabam comment on the factors for determining that 300 units was the ideal amount? People who have used the gifting badge after purchase prob spent more units sending items to teammates that they wouldnt have normally spent without the badge. Obviously quantifying an exact unit amount would be a large undertaking but I would have expected the number to be closer to the minimum units provided for purchasing (850 in the $29.99 package).

It's pretty hard to decide what the value of any given thing is to everybody. Technically, the Gifting Badge had no value, as it was a free add on to a Unit Pack that contained 850 Units, but that doesn't mean that it had no value to everybody, as some may have purchased the package just for that and not the units.
    I know I got the offer just for the badge, it’s kind of necessary to have in big alliances at this point
    no it is not...
  • HomercoleHomercole Posts: 1
    To those who have spent real money on the gift badge and will only see 300 units: please remember, Kabam does not tolerate competiton in cheating!
  • ScottryanScottryan Posts: 464 ★★★

I get everyone complaining about the change because it was unexpected. This is a first step to correct a problem. Hopefully, Kabam figures out a way to follow through and correct it so those not playing fairly can be given a consequence while those of us who do play fairly can be given back what we deserve as well. Until then, just play the game.

Youve dealt with kabam before right? They dont care about the average player. They just care about themselves. This is the easiest and fastest solutions for them. I dont expect them to go any further than this
  • MagsMags Posts: 132

Mrmcsexy said:

I paid real money for this gifting badge. I want my real money back. Not 300 stupid in game units. That was the only reason i bought that dumb package. I want my $30 back since you are changing what was supposed to be a permenant addition

Are you prepared to also give them back the 850 units + the 300 they just gave you?
    Sure! I'd be happy to make that trade if they aren't going to bring gifting back. I'm more disgusted about this whole thing than I am about buying rank up and sig packages a week before they dropped 12.0 on us.
    I'm a guy that gifts when it's needed.
    I regularly send revives to mates that need help in war, or stuck in some difficult quest - and I never ask for re-payment.
    I also gift duel credits as a last ditch effort to contact players (via push notification) that have gone silent, or might be at risk of missing placement.. ya know, when they mute Line chats.

What disgusts me, is thinking about how many players there are that DO expect repayments for items gifted. Those players just got Kabamed on an epic level!

Legitimate gifting plays a HUGE roll in every day mcoc life, taking it away because of a few players actions, is a horrible idea.
  • Jrendon13Jrendon13 Posts: 42
    Mixalis said:

@Kabam Miike Apple's TOS state, whatever we purchase in cash can't be removed. You just violated their TOS. I bought that badge

Jetenyo said:

Jetenyo said:

If Gifting returns will all those who already had it have it again?

If yes, 300 units is a nice compensation in the short term and we can look forward to gifting in the future.

If No, A full refund should be provided to those who purchased the gifting badge since what they purchased is no longer being provided. Or something of equal value at the very least.

I'm sure in the subtext somewhere Kabam has the right to just take everything back and we can't do anything about it. I doubt anyone has actually read the Terms before posting on this thread, I know I haven't. I'll just have to hope instead of being dirtbags Kabam will actually try to do right by the customer.

Bad news all, if you read the ToS they got this covered, last update was also prior to today so it's not like they changed it to match.

Let's enjoy our 300 Units I guess...
    Doesn't Apple TOS say whatever we buy in cash can't be removed?
    Technically no
  • Isman1998Isman1998 Posts: 520 ★★★
    Lormif said:

Isman1998 said:

Isman1998 said:

Lormif said:

Isman1998 said:

Isman1998 said:

Isman1998 said:

undefined

This is the problem... They cant. They cannot send any money to the card because they do not process the payments, google or apple does, and they dont get that info
    They better start hitting up Google and Apple then and work something out with them. Say something like if a user made a 29.99 purchase for our game refund them one time or something idk.
    They can try to figure something out. Better than just giving us 300 units and not even having a long term plan to solve this issue around the gifting badge.
  • kmac_qtpkmac_qtp Posts: 62
    edited March 2019

kmac_qtp said:

This idea doesn't need to be perpetuated any further. If someone bought 850 units without the gifting badge, that's what they bought. If they bought 850 units with the gifting badge, that's what they bought. The cost of the units vs. the cost of the units plus the badge doesn't make them the same - they weren't the same item - and in this situation people bought it with the badge.

No one understands that concept better than Kabam. Sometimes you spend 200 units and get a 3 star crystal. Sometimes you spend 200 units and get a Cavalier crystal. By virtue of them both costing 200 units, you can't revoke every 4*, 5*, and 6* champion anyone has pulled and justify it by saying "well, it cost the same as a 3 star crystal." Conversely, if they were capable of doing so, Kabam probably wouldn't be fond of offering to revoke 3* champs that people got out of 200 unit crystals and giving cavalier crystals in place of them and that's perfectly fair. Why? Because those people didn't buy cavalier crystals. They bought something knowing what they were getting - non-negotiable.

I understand that Kabam has a very real problem to address, but that responsibility is not on the customers or their wallets.
    That's not how it works, actually.
    The Offer is the Units. They're there day in and day out for the same price. That IS the Offer.
    They came with an in-game Badge to Gift. That was disabled because of abuse. That's about it.

Also, we didn't actually purchase anything we own. We rented the license to use their product.
    AH, that clears it up. So it just doesn't work that way and if you bought the unit package with the intention of getting the gifting badge, well, sucks for you because that's not what you bought even though that's what we told you you were buying. But... you never owned any of it anyways, so you should just thank your lucky stars that we even made a game you could play.

Aside from your inability to understand the concept of people seeing a deal and purchasing it as it is, you understand that what Kabam is doing is how game development studios fail? And I'm not really sure what your goal is aside from being a contrarian at all times, but you're definitely not helping the situation by minimizing the fact that people spent money for no reason other than to get that badge.

HksBindra said:

Kabam wants to curb the misuse of the gifting badge, that doesn't seem unfair. Kabam i say this to you -
    You should stop it, but you should hire some smart people who actually work hard at solving your problems and not creating new ones while doing that.
    There's actually very simple ways in which you could've achieved what you wanted.
    2. Ask everyone to set a pre defined list of a certain number of people they can send gifts to. People in this list can only be altered using units like name changing token. You can even monitor people who change this list often to weed out the sellers.

I think this solution will work for everyone and everyone will be "not pissed"!!
    If someone here can show me a problem with my solution, i can offer some more ideas on how to make this work.

But Kabam, what you've done is cheating and it has certainly pushed me over the edge. We don't mind spending on this game of our own accord, but you backing us into a corner like this is taking advantage and that's very poor ethics. I'm certainly quitting if things don't look up.

When you realize that the fraud was actual fraud in that players personal information was being compromised because of the exploit you'll realize that a limit on gifting won't fix the real issue

HksBindra said:

That's what my main concern is. If we're talking Credit Card Fraud, that's an insane amount of damage. Not only being violated, but changes to your Credit last years. Some companies will honor Fraudulent Charges. Not all. It's major stuff.
    kmac_qtp said:

kmac_qtp said:

This idea doesn't need to be perpetuated any further. If someone bought 850 units without the gifting badge, that's what they bought. If they bought 850 units with the gifting badge, that's what they bought. The cost of the units vs. the cost of the units plus the badge doesn't make them the same - they weren't the same item - and in this situation people bought it with the badge.

No one understands that concept better than Kabam. Sometimes you spend 200 units and get a 3 star crystal. Sometimes you spend 200 units and get a Cavalier crystal. By virtue of them both costing 200 units, you can't revoke every 4*, 5*, and 6* champion anyone has pulled and justify it by saying "well, it cost the same as a 3 star crystal." Conversely, if they were capable of doing so, Kabam probably wouldn't be fond of offering to revoke 3* champs that people got out of 200 unit crystals and giving cavalier crystals in place of them and that's perfectly fair. Why? Because those people didn't buy cavalier crystals. They bought something knowing what they were getting - non-negotiable.

I understand that Kabam has a very real problem to address, but that responsibility is not on the customers or their wallets.
    That's not how it works, actually.
    The Offer is the Units. They're there day in and day out for the same price. That IS the Offer.
    They came with an in-game Badge to Gift. That was disabled because of abuse. That's about it.

Also, we didn't actually purchase anything we own. We rented the license to use their product.
    AH, that clears it up. So it just doesn't work that way and if you bought the unit package with the intention of getting the gifting badge, well, sucks for you because that's not what you bought even though that's what we told you you were buying. But... you never owned any of it anyways, so you should just thank your lucky stars that we even made a game you could play.

Aside from your inability to understand the concept of people seeing a deal and purchasing it as it is, you understand that what Kabam is doing is how game development studios fail? And I'm not really sure what your goal is aside from being a contrarian at all times, but you're definitely not helping the situation by minimizing the fact that people spent money for no reason other than to get that badge.
    No, it litterally is not.. People will get upset, some will quit, most will not. The people who pay for the game will not care, after all you made it clear you do not pay for the game.
This discussion has been closed.