**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Gifting Badge Discussion [Merged Threads]

Comments

• Repto23Repto23 Posts: 731 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    @moonmebaby got one for android? πŸ˜…
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian
    Dshu said:

Lormif said:

Dshu said:

Lormif said:

Drooped2 said:

To be fair, I understand that people are upset. I'm not trying to snub them off. I'm just explaining what's going on so people understand. This was necessary. People were being scammed and frauded. That goes beyond just the monetary value in a multitude of ways.

Correct I bought a gifting badge and got scammed because I dont have it.

Fixing fraud by committing fraud? That's a new solution for sure
    This is not fraud, it is hardly even a bait and switch since the gifting badge had a value of 0
    If the badge had a value of 0 why wasn't it available in game for purchase with units or added to all unit offers. It appears to be valued at 30 dollars since that is the only way to get it
    It is not valued at $30, 850 units is. As an added bonus you could get the free gifting badge. You get $30 value from the units and a FREE gifting badge.
    If the badge is free why are you required to buy the 30 dollar deal to get it. The units are free the badge costs 30 dollars
    You don't get to decide that. The seller gets to decide that. If they say the units cost money and the badge is free, then that's the offer. You don't get to say you want the badge, so the badge costs money because that is the only way to get it. You do not get to dictate to sellers what they must sell and under what conditions. If I choose to give things away to customers if they purchase something else, that's my choice, and mine alone. I have the first, last, and only say about that.

There are services we offer that we *only* offer if the customer is purchasing specific other services. There is no way to get those services for any amount of cash under any circumstances. Some customers do in fact buy the services in question just to get or primarily to get the free service. But that service is still free, and they are still paying for the service that's being offered at a cost.
  • Fred_JoeityFred_Joeity Posts: 1,168 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Repto23 said:

No ammount of units is worth a gifting badge, otherwise we could have bought it ingame. Only way to obtain the GB was with Cash. Kabam if youd like to take it back then refund us, not much to it.

There’s actually a lot more to it. What if the player doesn’t have 850 units to take? What if they actually wanted the units? How the heck are they going to do it, since purchases are processed through Apple? There’s probably a lot more stuff, but I think I’m done with dealing with people now
  • MRMOJO77MRMOJO77 Posts: 215 β˜…
    This is an issue that's been going on for a long time.. people would have 50 or so alt accounts the during free gifting would send themselves in main account a **** ton. So kabam answers this with theft? Stealing the money from people who use it honestly and then calling 300 units a "compensation". In no way shape or form is 300 units close to the actual benefit cost of the badge. The many ways your fellow alliance members can help each other out is astronomical. Only true compensation for this is to refund the 30$ and lower the cost of potions in the store and increase drop rate in crystals.
  • DshuDshu Posts: 1,503 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Lormif said:

Dshu said:

Lormif said:

Dshu said:

Lormif said:

Drooped2 said:

To be fair, I understand that people are upset. I'm not trying to snub them off. I'm just explaining what's going on so people understand. This was necessary. People were being scammed and frauded. That goes beyond just the monetary value in a multitude of ways.

This is not fraud, it is hardly even a bait and switch since the gifting badge had a value of 0
    If the badge had a value of 0 why wasn't it available in game for purchase with units or added to all unit offers. It appears to be valued at 30 dollars since that is the only way to get it
    It is not valued at $30, 850 units is. As an added bonus you could get the free gifting badge. You get $30 value from the units and a FREE gifting badge.
    If the badge is free why are you required to buy the 30 dollar deal to get it. The units are free the badge costs 30 dollars
    the unit package costs $30, you can go look now.
    Free is something you get without cost. Was there ever a way to get a permanent gifting badge without spending money? Was the gifting badge offered whith any other in game purchases at lower price point? If the only way to get the permanent gifting badge was from the 30 dollar offer then that was what people were buying. Any units or other items that were given at the time of purchase would have been the bonus items. Yes the unit pack is the same cost as the one offered with the gifting badge but that isn't the point. The only way to get the permanent badge is to spend 30 dollars so it was never free.
  • bloodyCainbloodyCain Posts: 910 β˜…β˜…β˜…

OMC_Pinto said:

I would like to see Kabam comment on the factors for determining that 300 units was the ideal amount? People who have used the gifting badge after purchase prob spent more units sending items to teammates that they wouldnt have normally spent without the badge. Obviously quantifying an exact unit amount would be a large undertaking but I would have expected the number to be closer to the minimum units provided for purchasing (850 in the $29.99 package).

It's pretty hard to decide what the value of any given thing is to everybody. Technically, the Gifting Badge had no value, as it was a free add on to a Unit Pack that contained 850 Units, but that doesn't mean that it had no value to everybody, as some may have purchased the package just for that and not the units.
    That's a stupid answer.
    Even if you put the Gifting Badge offer to Peter Paker's wallet units offer, people will buy because of the badge.
    It's the value of Gifting Badge that made people bought it.
    I bet that probably less than half people will not buy it if the Badge was put together with an Odin units offer because it's too expensive for most of us.
    So yeah, those that bought the Gifting Badge did so because of the badge and the units were the free add on of that offer.
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    loader187 said:

OMC_Pinto said:

I would like to see Kabam comment on the factors for determining that 300 units was the ideal amount? People who have used the gifting badge after purchase prob spent more units sending items to teammates that they wouldnt have normally spent without the badge. Obviously quantifying an exact unit amount would be a large undertaking but I would have expected the number to be closer to the minimum units provided for purchasing (850 in the $29.99 package).

It's pretty hard to decide what the value of any given thing is to everybody. Technically, the Gifting Badge had no value, as it was a free add on to a Unit Pack that contained 850 Units, but that doesn't mean that it had no value to everybody, as some may have purchased the package just for that and not the units.
    Yes, but it would be different if we could of bought the gifting bag for $4.99 but in order to get a permanent item we had to pay $29.99. If it had no Value than why didn't you give it to us for free. That makes no sense. No value but we had to pay to get it??????? Explain that one to me.
    they did, it was a free add on to 29.99. It was an incentive to get you to buy those units.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,731 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Guess you missed the merged thread
  • Thefist80Thefist80 Posts: 4 β˜…
    Another terrible decision by Kabam. Real money 29.99 for a gifting badge that’s taken away and replaced w an inadequate amount of fake units. This says lawsuit all over it. Refund my real money and keep your fake units. Should at least be 850 units. That’s the only reason peep bought in the first place! Kabammed yet again. You should take care of your customers not cheaters.
    Dshu said:

Lormif said:

Dshu said:

Lormif said:

Dshu said:

Lormif said:

Drooped2 said:

Free is something you get without cost. Was there ever a way to get a permanent gifting badge without spending money? Was the gifting badge offered whith any other in game purchases at lower price point? If the only way to get the permanent gifting badge was from the 30 dollar offer then that was what people were buying. Any units or other items that were given at the time of purchase would have been the bonus items. Yes the unit pack is the same cost as the one offered with the gifting badge but that isn't the point. The only way to get the permanent badge is to spend 30 dollars so it was never free.
    mathematically you got it without cost. you paid $30 for 850 units, you got 850 units, that leaves a net 0, you then for that 0 got a gifting badge. It was a free incentive to get you tobuy because they known on average if they can get you to buy they can get you to buy more
  • Π“ΠšΠ§ΠŸΠ“ΠšΠ§ΠŸ Posts: 2
    edited March 2019
    from the developer of the game is fraud pure water,many have spent their finances to purchase this icon (the giver). And the office after a long time received money for the purchase of icon and suddenly descended upon them mana from heaven and they decided, let's remove the icon,as this icon are violators of the game and fraudsters. But the fact that the money was paid by not honest users and when you found out you just blocked them access to the game,but the money is not returned that were spent on this icon. Further, you have long been aware of the fact that a lot of violators play the game and use the scripts for the arena that would farm a silver. But what you may not have predprenimatel ,and just banned players forever. But the money spent was not returned to the blocked players. Moreover, after half a year ,you have decided to take the badge from honest players and not to return them the money,but the full amount for the donor. 300 silver can be collected in two arenas spending just one day, and maybe less. My opinion is deception and fraud on your part. You stole from podesavate having a badge giver. Now I am sure that you are not playing fair. As the saying goes the fish rots from the head. Moreover,you should always start with yourself, and not blame the game users.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian
    Mixalis said:

Doesn't Apple TOS say whatever we buy in cash can't be removed?

Nope, and such a requirement would make a whole range of apps essentially impossible to support in the app store. The only requirement remotely close to this is the requirement on purchasing in-app currencies: if they are purchased through the in-app purchase system (which presumes you are buying with cash) they cannot expire. This requirement applies only to in-app currencies. It does not apply to things like subscriptions which obviously must have a way to expire, or things being rented, or things being consumed, or things like in-game items that themselves could be changed at any time due to game changes.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    It’ll be interesting to see if anyone actually sues Kabam over this and, even more interestingly, on what grounds. Lol
  • loader187loader187 Posts: 222 β˜…β˜…

Waboba said:

So how did people abuse it?

They created a second account and bought the gifting badge so they could keep sending potions, energy reffils etc.. to the main account.
    What is strange to me is why has this never been adressed by the game team..people have done this since the introduction of the gifting badge, but now that act 6 just dropped, people are using this for potions and reffils, spending less money, and out off knowhere kabam realises that they are losing amount of cash, making them mad.
    Kabam should really reconsider how they are treating their costumers..
    And not even the 30$ the costumers spent was refunded.
    This is not correct. This is not the behaviour that we were concerned with. The Fraud we're talking about involved stolen information, and was harmful to people.
    How does a gifting badge steal information? Maybe you should do a better job of your security because I don't understand how anyone can use a gifting badge to steal information so whats the real story. You are losing money because people will play 2 accounts and gift stuff to there main account from their second account.

I guess I don't really care about the reason because this was the last straw and I am quitting at the end of the AW season. I was hoping with all the changes that were made that were not geared toward loyal fans that things would change but apparently not.

• HurricaneWarningHurricaneWarning Posts: 22 β˜…
    Some of you bought the $30 package to get the badge. Well I bought an Odin @ $99.99. I purchased this to get the units to fix my masteries. It was nice that I was given a gifting badge as an add on. I hate to be a Kabam supporter on this because I am usually not. But you bought units, plain and simple, the badge was a gift. Even if the badge was your motivation behind your purchase. You bought units. Sorry but those calling for a refund, you are due NOTHING. Myself included. I’ll take the extra 300 units and wish it had been more. Thanks Kabam.
    Drooped2 said:

Thefist80 said:

Another terrible decision by Kabam. Real money 29.99 for a gifting badge that’s taken away and replaced w an inadequate amount of fake units. This says lawsuit all over it. Refund my real money and keep your fake units. Should at least be 850 units. That’s the only reason peep bought in the first place! **** yet again. You should take care of your customers not cheaters.

Returning an item doesnt mean you get 2 items.

You should get money back the unit arguement is asinine.
    No it is not asinine, that is what you bought with the $30, if you want your money back you should be required to return what you actually bought.
  • JChanceH9JChanceH9 Posts: 764 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    I will probably sound like Grounded Wisdom, but I actually appreciate Kabam eliminating this item as it was being used to break the law, and ToS. We should really be mad at the people who mess good things up for the rest of us. They are cheaters and thieves. I’m glad there is now one less way for criminals to exploit this game.
  • SancakSSancakS Posts: 5
    Any update @Kabam Miike
    loader187 said:

Waboba said:

So how did people abuse it?

They created a second account and bought the gifting badge so they could keep sending potions, energy reffils etc.. to the main account.
    What is strange to me is why has this never been adressed by the game team..people have done this since the introduction of the gifting badge, but now that act 6 just dropped, people are using this for potions and reffils, spending less money, and out off knowhere kabam realises that they are losing amount of cash, making them mad.
    Kabam should really reconsider how they are treating their costumers..
    And not even the 30$ the costumers spent was refunded.
    This is not correct. This is not the behaviour that we were concerned with. The Fraud we're talking about involved stolen information, and was harmful to people.
    How does a gifting badge steal information? Maybe you should do a better job of your security because I don't understand how anyone can use a gifting badge to steal information so whats the real story. You are losing money because people will play 2 accounts and gift stuff to there main account from their second account.

I guess I don't really care about the reason because this was the last straw and I am quitting at the end of the AW season. I was hoping with all the changes that were made that were not geared toward loyal fans that things would change but apparently not.

Why at the end of AW? If your going to quite may as well do it now (today is the last day)

Second this has nothing to do with their security... People steal credit cards and then sell items for cheap allowing them to launder the money. That is what they are preventing.
  • DshuDshu Posts: 1,503 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Lormif said:

Dshu said:

Lormif said:

Dshu said:

Lormif said:

Dshu said:

Lormif said:

Drooped2 said:

mathematically you got it without cost. you paid $30 for 850 units, you got 850 units, that leaves a net 0, you then for that 0 got a gifting badge. It was a free incentive to get you tobuy because they known on average if they can get you to buy they can get you to buy more
    You keep going back to the fact that it came with units but is it available in any other way in the game or through any other offer. Show me any other way to get this item and I'll gladly except your argument
  • mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Posts: 1,387 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    The sale was 850 units WITH the gifting badge. It's no different then any other sale offer with a special promotion. It lured many to make the purchase they would not have normally have made. Giving a "refund" of 300 units is pretty absurd. You should give the people that have 850 units and the gifting badge the opportunity to request a full refund and return of 850 units and badge.
This discussion has been closed.