**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Classic Kabam

So I have an old account that I haven’t touched in probably a year, I looged in today to find this.

Then of course this happened.

Classic Kabam

Comments

• DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,018 ★★★★★
    Don't you mean classic RNG?
  • Crimson8399Crimson8399 Posts: 749 ★★★
    Would RNG mean u have a chance at any champ. To my understanding, once u receive a crystal it already has been assigned what champ you will get. A true RNG spin would mean it could land on anything
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,660 Guardian

Would RNG mean u have a chance at any champ. To my understanding, once u receive a crystal it already has been assigned what champ you will get. A true RNG spin would mean it could land on anything

That's false. The crystal's result is determined on the servers when you spin it, not when you buy or otherwise acquire the crystal. We know this because basic crystals that people buy with shards and then hang on to for long periods of time can contain champions that were added to the basic pool long after the crystal was purchased.

You're confusing the other mistaken thing about crystals: that the "spin animation" actually matters. The spin animation doesn't matter because we also know that once you spin the crystal the drop is calculated basically immediately. There is some disagreement on precisely when this happens, but there is general agreement that the game doesn't wait for the spin animation to finish. It drops the result into your champion inventory long before the spinner shows you the result. In fact, alliance mates watching alliance chat can know what you're going to get before you do.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,018 ★★★★★
    edited March 2019

The second you choose to open the crystal. Not when you get it.

The spin is like pulking the lever on a electronic slot machine. Pressing the button or pulling the lever, same result.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,242 ★★★★★

The Crystal accesses the pool the moment you click Open/place it in the Spin. Not when you purchase it.
  • Roguefrogger13Roguefrogger13 Posts: 413 ★★
    Drooped2 said:

That would actually still.be rng unless your suggesting theres some guy sitting ther assigning champs as a job.

I would love that job 😊