**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Gifting Badge Discussion [Merged Threads]

Comments

• peasantpeasant Posts: 240
    Dofero said:

Ok lady and gentlemen I never post here but on this I had to. We are talking about a company that make 7m a month on just mcoc and 360m in the year of 2017 and they are crying because 0.0001% of the community has exploited a essential part of the game for most not everyone can dump 10s of thousands of dollars into their pockets some need help in war or AQ and kabam taking the ability to help those will hurt alliances and the game itself this is nothing more then a witch hunt due to people taking Penny's out of their millions of dollars and there more then happy to take the badge just means more people have to buy more units which means more money in their pockets they are not going to reverse this sad day to be in mcoc but thanks for the shady 300 unit was a nice 3* I pulled great competition.

What you're doing right now is trying to stir up the community for Kabam trying to eliminate credit card fraud. They even said the gifting is indefinitely suspended, not permanently.

Yes Kabam makes quite a sum of money, but that's because there are people willing to spend, creating an environment where dirty fraud money enters (like other games). So I'm grateful Kabam is taking steps to cut this off. Stop those trying to take advantage of the vulnerable for their own profits.

To fixate on the idea that Kabam/players should ignore botters/frauds because it affects Kabam's profits or else is ''greedy'', is losing sight on the people who were robbed by crooks, and that the botters/frauds are clearly the greedy ones, and are profiting off the vulnerable.

Finally, I hope the people who ''bought'' lots of fraud units get put on the radar to get permanently banned. Why? because the people botting likely sent to themselves.
  • kmbell81kmbell81 Posts: 47
    Siliyo said:

My thing is: Kabam has made hundreds of THOUSANDS, most likely even MILLIONS of dollars during the Christmas Gifting Event. I do not think they were not aware of this issue back then. However, after making all of that money, now they want to remove the gifting badge although I am pretty sure this “fraud” they were talking about was committed back then too. This doesn’t affect me as much, but I think it’s shady of Kabam to do that.

Kabam gives every summoner a temporary gifting badge during the holiday gifting events. The permanent badge is not needed to participate in those events.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,191 ★★★★★

Permanent. haha. Just complete screwed over every content creator on Youtube who has subscribers gift that can't afford cash donations. How about you give some cash refunds to the legit players and start charging the money launderers with crimes.

Right. They're going to reinstate it and allow people to steal from others outside the game, just so YouTubers can have donations. -.-
  • Minkl3Minkl3 Posts: 129
    Guys, you all see through these fools stupid statements about fraud etc. This is just about making more money especially with act 6 being released. If it were because of fraud they wouldn't have banned those guys for just one week. These people are hypocritical lying scumbags who talk about the real world but don't have the spine to be in it, cuz if they did they'd be ripped apart with their shady practices. Take ACTION Fellas!
  • KlashdKlashd Posts: 47
    I'm just as upset as anyone (why I'm here in the first place) but Kabam has covered themselves with their ToS.

I feel jipped out of $30 too, literally my only time spending money. That will have to be my last purchase too, since I don't even get what I ultimately paid for.

The unit compensation was a poor attempt, unfortunately.

edited March 2019
    Minkl3 said:

Guys, you all see through these fools stupid statements about fraud etc. This is just about making more money especially with act 6 being released. If it were because of fraud they wouldn't have banned those guys for just one week. These people are hypocritical lying scumbags who talk about the real world but don't have the spine to be in it, cuz if they did they'd be ripped apart with their shady practices. Take ACTION Fellas!

What?
  • FendyFendy Posts: 4
    i will ask Apple refund all my money pay for Kabam
  • Axe08Axe08 Posts: 1
    First I usually keep my mouth shut and just deal with kabams ****. Not this time. With all the other problems this game has like connection issues that have been going on for the better part of a year, rampant cheating in AW and AQ bots in the arenas and constant lag for Android users just to name a few and this is the issue they chose to take a stand on. They won't fix those other issues but somehow this is costing them enough money for them not to care if they pi$$ off the community. If this is their solution for fraud shouldn't AW AQ and arenas but shut down till they can guarantee that everyone is playing fairly. We all know that's not gonna happen as long as they keep making a profit. I have entirely too much money and time invested in this game to sit here and say I'm quitting and won't play anymore but I can say I'll never spend another dime on it. Rant over. Let the comments fly.
  • SmashSmash Posts: 808 ★★★
    On this post Miike says they don’t have access to payment information and on another comment he says it’s to protect personal information and fraud. Come on man. We all know this is purely about the money and nothing else. It’s a shame that the few trolls derailed the topic. Coincidence that Miike didn’t comment after the few trolls started spamming the same nonsense over and over? I don’t think so. Personally I couldn’t care less about the units weather 300, 850 or whatever. I would’ve got the GB either way and I don’t want compensation at all. I do want the Badge though. I help my alliance members all the time and it’s not fair to be penalized because Kabam is just lazy and takes the easiest way out because let’s face it. This helps kabam. Kabam you have a great product. Please don’t ruin our experience with your shady customer service. Most of us love Marvel characters and we want to enjoy it but sometimes you make us feel like the abused wife that keeps going back. Eventually that will stop. Please show more respect to your customer base.
  • peasantpeasant Posts: 240
    Smash said:

On this post Miike says they don’t have access to payment information and on another comment he says it’s to protect personal information and fraud. Come on man. We all know this is purely about the money and nothing else. It’s a shame that the few trolls derailed the topic. Coincidence that Miike didn’t comment after the few trolls started spamming the same nonsense over and over? I don’t think so. Personally I couldn’t care less about the units weather 300, 850 or whatever. I would’ve got the GB either way and I don’t want compensation at all. I do want the Badge though. I help my alliance members all the time and it’s not fair to be penalized because Kabam is just lazy and takes the easiest way out because let’s face it. This helps kabam. Kabam you have a great product. Please don’t ruin our experience with your shady customer service. Most of us love Marvel characters and we want to enjoy it but sometimes you make us feel like the abused wife that keeps going back. Eventually that will stop. Please show more respect to your customer base.

Pathetic that you think it's purely about Kabam's own money, and 'we', aka everyone, thinks the same.

If we want a world with less fraud, companies, governments, and people have to take steps to make it more difficult for scammers to keep up business using their platform.

Kabam must've been informed/encovered some fraudently stuff for them to want to halt the gifting economy.

If you think not having the badge breaks the game so you'll leave, goodbye.
  • Minkl3Minkl3 Posts: 129

Minkl3 said:

What?
    What part did you not understand?
    Minkl3 said:

Minkl3 said:

What?
    What part did you not understand?
    The part where you think this is about making money.
  • Jimmy_OzJimmy_Oz Posts: 8
    This is a lousy move. It seems more like an exercise to encourage buying more credits than the reason given “ ballancing” the game. You are creating a greater divide between top players and the rest who struggle to progress. These credit offers are rediclously expensive and are equivalent to a weeks worth of groceries, or a night out on the town for a whole family. Your practices for exploiting money from players is borderline unethical and immoral. Shame on you for your greedy, shameful money grabbing. The gifting crystals were our way of helping out our fellow summoners to save having to buy your offers... may the contest close forever.
  • Cranmer00Cranmer00 Posts: 528 ★★
    edited March 2019
    I’m sending a ticket to apple. Kabam thinks that some bad apples messing up their revenue. Wait until I get a refund and rate them in the App Store.

I paid money for an item, not 300 **** units for it.

Not only that, we had to gift alliance member revives or heals multiple times this past AQ/AW week and now we will no longer be able to.

This will lead to more kicked players and just an overall bs Meta

You did it to yourself kabam so see how your revenue does from this past season to next. When you see your money has been lowered, don’t come back 1-3 months later and reinstate it, the damage will be too late by then.

I’m sure they will implement variant 2.0 or some super hard quest in the next month or 2. I can guarantee I will not be spending on it like I did legitiably on variant.
  • CommonSenseCommonSense Posts: 54
    TOS, they reserve the right to do anything when they see fit...hey, it sucks but it’s true.
  • imaginejimimaginejim Posts: 333 ★★
    Cranmer00 said:

I’m sending a ticket to apple. Kabam thinks that some bad apples messing up their revenue. Wait until I get a refund and rate them in the App Store.

Not only that, we had to gift alliance member revives or heals multiple times this past AQ/AW week and now we will no longer be able to.

You did it to yourself kabam

Sigh.

- You paid money for a unit pack. Thats why the price hasn't changed since they removed the gifting badge over 2 Weeks ago and that why those unit packs don't increase in cost when they include other free gifts with purchase.

- The gifting badge was a bonus. It is not that hard to see that.

- You VALIDATED your purchase of the $30-$100 deal because of the free gift, that doesn't fall on the company. The purchase price was based on the unit pack.

- You used the free gift.

- They are temporarily suspending the use of the free gift while they figure out how to fight the identified fraud.

- They provided you 300 units for free because of the inconvenience.

- They have not violated their TOS or Apple or Google's TOS.

- Continue the angry mob mentality. Logic won't stop that, no matter how it is displayed.

edited March 2019
    That is true, but the point I'm bringing home is it's absolutely necessary because of the severity of the issue. It's not really on a whim, or because they can do what they want. It's a very serious situation, one that requires action that stops any and all possibility of it happening again. At the very least, in this capacity. The information doesn't just come out of thin air. For example, if someone used a Mod to enter Credit Card info, that doesn't come out of The Ether. In order for it to work, there has to be a valid Credit Card. There are other people on the other side of that. It's serious stuff.

TOS, they reserve the right to do anything when they see fit...hey, it sucks but it’s true.

• Cranmer00Cranmer00 Posts: 528 ★★

Cranmer00 said:

You did it to yourself kabam

Sigh.

- You paid money for a unit pack. Thats why the price hasn't changed since they removed the gifting badge over 2 Weeks ago and that why those unit packs don't increase in cost when they include other free gifts with purchase.

- The gifting badge was a bonus. It is not that hard to see that.

- You VALIDATED your purchase of the $30-$100 deal because of the free gift, that doesn't fall on the company. The purchase price was based on the unit pack.

- You used the free gift.

- They are temporarily suspending the use of the free gift while they figure out how to fight the identified fraud.

- They provided you 300 units for free because of the inconvenience.

- They have not violated their TOS or Apple or Google's TOS.

- Continue the angry mob mentality. Logic won't stop that, no matter how it is displayed.

Can you read? They are not temp removing it. They are removing it besides for the gifting events that are available for every player whether they bought the deal or not.

Again this is just the tip of the iceberg of all the **** kabam does.

I will be asking for refund and rating them 1* in App Store and not purchasing anything anymore. It’s my choice, others should do as they please.
  • CommonSenseCommonSense Posts: 54
    Klashd said:

I'm just as upset as anyone (why I'm here in the first place) but Kabam has covered themselves with their ToS.

I feel jipped out of $30 too, literally my only time spending money. That will have to be my last purchase too, since I don't even get what I ultimately paid for.

The unit compensation was a poor attempt, unfortunately.

There it is in black and white...it’s been in place since the beginning, game is so fun a lot of people probably never took the time to read it...it’s sad but true, if they wanted to pull the plug tomorrow there’s nothing we could do about it. In a perfect world, if the TOS didn’t exist then our grips and dislikes would probably be top priority, but it’s there for a reason..company safeguard, a loophole of sorts.
This discussion has been closed.