**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Gifting Badge Discussion [Merged Threads]

Comments

• Stagedear85Stagedear85 Posts: 774 ★★★
    Props to Kabam in doing the right thing with the units.
  • imaginejimimaginejim Posts: 333 ★★
    @Kabam Miike thanks to the team for listening to the community.
  • ShogzShogz Posts: 9
    edited March 2019
    Definatley doing the right thing, although upping the compensation isn't necessary, however with this in mind. It may be worth extending the items you can store in your inventory, or the time they are held in your stash. @Kabam Miike
  • Rougeknight87Rougeknight87 Posts: 599 ★★★
    Kabam can’t refund guy’s, there is simply no precedent for this this happening. Apple and google can both do this but as stated earlier there are timeframes on the refund. The situation sucks but it’s not of their own making, all they can do now is show the community how serious they are on people doing the wrong thing and get them out of the game. The badge cost $30, we’ve all been given $30 worth of units as compensation, this is in game currency and is the best they are able to do.
  • MoehageneMoehagene Posts: 29

@Kabam Miike I have been in contact with google play and according to them you guys our the ones that would have to do the refund. So someone's being untruthful.

I was told the same thing. Anything outside of 48 hours.
    Drooped2 said:

I honestly wish kabam stuck to the 300 units because this sets more precedent for a whine fest over things showing kabam wont stick to their decisions if you whine enough

A company trying to appease upset consumers? Yeah what a dangerous precedent
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,864 ★★★★★

Drooped2 said:

I honestly wish kabam stuck to the 300 units because this sets more precedent for a whine fest over things showing kabam wont stick to their decisions if you whine enough

You upset yourselves.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    Moehagene said:

@Kabam Miike I have been in contact with google play and according to them you guys our the ones that would have to do the refund. So someone's being untruthful.

I was told the same thing. Anything outside of 48 hours.
    Correct. That's the allowance that Google Play has. However, it's just their policy that they direct people to the Dev. The Developer can, and will most likely, have a TOS that prohibits Refunds. Google redirecting doesn't guarantee that will be possible, it's just their procedure.

Drooped2 said:

You upset yourselves.
    Nah.

• Just out of curiosity... is 850 units enough to satiate most everyone now? From the beginning I can't say I did agree with the original 300 units. It felt low if it was in fact payment for the item. If by chance we get the Badge back without having to purchase it again, I'd say this was more than fair. All we can do now is wait and hope for the best down the road. Good looks on upping the comp, and shutting down the system when you found it was being used for nefarious purposes. If anyone has any beliefs that Kabam never listens, this, AND the changes to the Season timeframes are 2 perfect examples of them doing so. Not everything will go our way. But clearly sometimes, it will.
  • I’m more interested in the so called exploit and fraud..... unless I missed where it was explained, what exactly was being done that forced the removal? Sounds like kabam was upset mercs were selling stuff outside the game and dipping into KaBams profits
  • Harbinger195Harbinger195 Posts: 101
    Honestly I am very surprised by this result and have to say really well done to Kabam. Over the last 2 years we as players have seen a lot of talk and very little action in regard to them being more open and considerate of the community.

This correction they have done is in my opinion a truly massive step towards me actually believing in them as a company. Not because they increased the units but because they have accepted that they were not treating the community of legit players fairly.

Honestly great job.
  • RedPyramidHeadRedPyramidHead Posts: 18
    I’m sorry but this is not a fair compensation. I spent $100 for the gifting badge in an Odin pack. I’ve submitted a request to Apple for a refund. Someone will pay for this theft. If I pay for something I deserve to get to use it. KABAM is a bunch thieves.
  • Sir_BarkleySir_Barkley Posts: 22
    I know that real world trading is an issue, it is in almost every game I know, but why you didn't go for a softer solution?

Instead of 100% removing this functionality you could have put limits to it. For example 600 or 800 units someone is alowed to gift away per month, or having a ballance between units in gifts received/gifts given. Indeed it could be based on Summoner level, the higher your level, the higher your limit. I don't think someone is going to go thru all the process of taking an account to level 50 or 60 to make less than 10 dollars a month.

I also know that this would require some development but I don't think it would need more than a quick sprint.

edited March 2019
    Drooped2 said:

Drooped2 said:

The more you give the more people will want to take. Its greed, really human nature in a way.
    But yea I dont like when people cave and issue apologies for their choices. Stand by what you say

Granting people An equal sum of what they believe they are owed is hardly giving, the vast majority of people who bought the badge felt that they were stiffed. Kabam thought about the situation and agreed. There is nothing wrong with reassessing your position. Also Empathy is a pretty good trait in the human race, you should try it out 👍 or alternatively go and get a massage or something, might loosen you up a little
    edited March 2019
    Drooped2 said:

Drooped2 said:

Drooped2 said:

The more you give the more people will want to take. Its greed, really human nature in a way.
    But yea I dont like when people cave and issue apologies for their choices. Stand by what you say

Granting people An equal sum of what they believe they are owed is hardly giving, the vast majority of people who bought the badge felt that they were stiffed. Kabam thought about the situation and agreed. Empathy is a pretty good trait in the human race, you should try it out 👍 or alternatively go and get a massage or something, might loosen you up a little
    Show.me how you were wronged and owed units? You bought 850 got 850. They added 300 more ..

Just trying logic here you spent 30 dollars and now get a 60 dollar value.. but why?
    The convo’s done boss, the player base was upset, kabam agreed. Not rehashing an argument that is 120 pages long. If you feel like getting into it again then re-read the thread. I’m sure it’s all in there. Or you could just wait for the next thread to arrive and continue with the same attitude
  • Jedi_HawkeJedi_Hawke Posts: 955 ★★★
    Hey i am totally happy with that extra 550 units. It will complete my mastery setup I have been working on for awhile!!! Now please DO NOT nerf any masteries soon lol.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,864 ★★★★★

Drooped2 said:

Drooped2 said:

Granting people An equal sum of what they believe they are owed is hardly giving, the vast majority of people who bought the badge felt that they were stiffed. Kabam thought about the situation and agreed. There is nothing wrong with reassessing your position. Also Empathy is a pretty good trait in the human race, you should try it out 👍 or alternatively go and get a massage or something, might loosen you up a little
    You ruined yourself with your comment. You said what they "believe". Theres a difference in what you believe and what is reality. A big difference. The reality is you are getting double the amount of units for this which they don't have to do and in my opinion don't need to do. But just because you believe you are owed something, doesnt make it fact.
  • John757John757 Posts: 1,085 ★★★

I know that real world trading is an issue, it is in almost every game I know, but why you didn't go for a softer solution?

Instead of 100% removing this functionality you could have put limits to it. For example 600 or 800 units someone is alowed to gift away per month, or having a ballance between units in gifts received/gifts given. Indeed it could be based on Summoner level, the higher your level, the higher your limit. I don't think someone is going to go thru all the process of taking an account to level 50 or 60 to make less than 10 dollars a month.

I also know that this would require some development but I don't think it would need more than a quick sprint.

Yo Charles, you were an average basketball player. Definitely better as a commentator
This discussion has been closed.