**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Gifting Badge Discussion [Merged Threads]

Comments

• Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★
    Kabam refunding the full amount of units was definitely the way to go from the beginning. I'm glad they waded through the sea of moral outrage here to glean the helpful feedback and then actually implement it in short order. Kudos for that.

I sincerely hope this experience serves as an example of how things should operate when running a business with customer service in mind. I hope they took notice about how many people did a 180 on this topic as soon as common sense customer service practices were exercised. If something purchasable is broken, refund the purchase amount while you work to fix it. And if you don't intend to fix it, at least the customer is buying the item/feature with full knowledge.

For example, the inequity mastery has been acknowledged by Kabam to be not functioning as intended. They were even going to roll out a fix, but then held it back at the last minute. That was over a year ago. When the fix was held back, people who bought inequity should have had their units refunded and the mastery re-locked while the mastery is worked on. They player can then make an informed decision on whether or not to re-purchase the mastery in it's current "not functioning as intended" state or use those units elsewhere. But at least the player is made whole and informed.

This is how customer service should be done.
  • KpatrixKpatrix Posts: 1,055 ★★★
    Maybe now we can force their hand to fix masteries that were paid for but don’t work as advertised.

Still agree with their decision to remove gifting due to the exploits and fraud involved. It sucked at first but was the right call to maintain integrity and shut down criminal behavior while the work on a solution.
  • Hdj2Hdj2 Posts: 37
    @Kabam Miike

Some people will always be upset with the decisions , I'm still upset about the gifting badge being gone. Regardless of what people originally spent to receive it I feel what you guys did is fair compensation. I've bought odins , black panther and stark packages. I honestly dont remember which one I bought 1st that gave me the badge. The lowest package that offered it was the stark so the equivalent amount of units is fine with me. Thank you for listening to the community.

Now about the badge . Instead of giving the badge back to individual players in the future would there be a way it could be implemented into say the alliance, players have to be in an alliance to gift and can only gift with members of their alliance. Maybe even set a timeline like there is for everything else , ex: player has to be a member in the alliance for a minimum of 7 days to be able to gift. This would be easier to track unusual transactions on your end I believe, but would still allow players to help each other. I feel it would slow or contain some cheating and if caught doing so the members of said alliance regardless of who they are, get punished with a ban. I just feel some of the community is upset because when alot of these cheats happen it appears to be top tier players doing it and they rarely get punished.

My first account got a permanent ban back before all the talks about account sharing etc... a so called game friend said they would help me get uncollected but used a mod to do it . I understand the reasons for the ban . I won't lie either I was extremely upset and made some inappropriate tickets / posts . So I guess my question is , how is it any different if a mod is used to beat game content or if fraudulent units/items are used . A cheat is a cheat , favouritism should not be shown to anyone whether it be a somewhat famous youtuber , the leader of a top tier alliance or just some normal everyday person.
  • Crilla420Crilla420 Posts: 96
    I have baught deals in the past that should have compasanted me for the gifting. I sent in a support email and the just keep getting the same genetic response. Saying that they are looking in to it to see what happened. Wait a couple of hours after I don’t hear from the I asked for a update on the same email thread and they close the case with putbeven saying anything or why I didn’t receive anything.
  • Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★
    Crilla420 said:

I have baught deals in the past that should have compasanted me for the gifting. I sent in a support email and the just keep getting the same genetic response. Saying that they are looking in to it to see what happened. Wait a couple of hours after I don’t hear from the I asked for a update on the same email thread and they close the case with putbeven saying anything or why I didn’t receive anything.

Did you buy a unit pack in the store that cost at least $29.99 on your account?
    Fa real. Would you like too see what I have purchased.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,242 ★★★★★
    Deals besides the gifting pack rarely give you the gifting badge.

Please stop
    Not sure why I got put here I didn’t get anything. I’m not asking for a refund just want the 850 units. @Kabam Miike
  • Doctor14Doctor14 Posts: 37
    Not going to lie I’m disappointed. While I’m grateful that you’re doing any compensation I know around Christmas I spent a lot of real money in hopes of getting a Kang and Thanos. I think rather than credits I want a 5 star Thanos and Kang.
  • Hdj2Hdj2 Posts: 37
    @Kabam Miike

Besides the removal of the gifting badge will any of these proven cheaters be punished with a ban?

How is it any different if a player uses a mod to beat content or if they use fraudulent units/items.

Favoritism should not be shown to anyone regardless of who they are or the size of their account. I had my 1st account banned because a so called in game friend offered to beat uncollected for me. He used a mod and apparently did a little more then uncollected. I was upset over the ban but fully understand the reason behind it. What I don't understand is whenever these top tier players, somewhat famous youtubers etc.... are proven to be cheaters they almost always seem to get a slap on the wrist.

I would gladly give kabam back the 850 units to see these people punished.
    Everytime these people cheat it sends a ripple effect down the line to alliances . Any in game event that has a rank reward is effected. These top players set almost impossible scores which push legit players away from rewards the would have recieved

1 example is the video I already shared in here a couple times . I have not seen any talk about this from kabams side . How can something like this be ignored? Is it because of who is involved? Would it matter if it was a lower alliance with no youtubers involved. With this leader broadcasting what he was doing there is absolutely no way the other members weren't aware , if this leader was doing this for people he wasnt in an alliance with a person would have to be pretty gullible to believe he didnt do it for his own teammates which in turn would give them all an unfair advantage over competing alliances .

Instead of punishing the whole community Kabam should be setting an example. Cheating wont be tolerated regardless of who it may be . I'd personally like to see every member in the video receive a permanent ban along with any other top tier alliances that are known cheaters

Heres the video again just incase it was missed

https://youtu.be/27K5zqsgktE
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,957 ★★★★★
    edited March 2019
    Ryansapph said:

Ide love to know why Omni whose been caught in fraud are still playing TODAY and are popping illegenant rewards

Because the video posted 2 screen shots and Kabam has already stated those aren't enough for evidence for the high possibility of being faked.

I could go and Photoshop your name on the same graphics and make it look like you did it. That's why you cant go off of just the photos. Do you believe in Bigfoot too just because some blurry photos exist?
  • ImosartImosart Posts: 6
    It is not clear to me the idea of 850 compensation. So I bought for 30 euro something in which there were two things 850 units and a badge. Now they take away the badge and in order to compensate they give another time the 850 units. It does not make sense. You know what make sense? It is clear.
    1) I am OK since I bought it also for the 850 units. So why give me others 850 to compensate

2) I bought it for both the badge and the units. So give me back my real money and take from my account the 850 units

I think this make sense. This is the real compensation. Let me choice between 1) or 2)
  • Spurgeon14Spurgeon14 Posts: 1,665 ★★★★
    All I have to say is that if/when Kabam brings the gifting badge back they better give it to everyone for free! We shouldn't have to pay REAL money TWICE for something because some players hacked into the game and messed stuff up! And we shouldnt have to use our UNITS again for it either! When they bring it back it should be free or given to everyone that initially had it!
  • Jedi_HawkeJedi_Hawke Posts: 955 ★★★
    I like not having the gifting badge. No longer have to pretend I can’t get into the game when someone is desperate for someone to send them a revive lol. I will take 850 units all day over a gifting badge.
  • valio1valio1 Posts: 7

Cab anybody explains me why Am I did not receive those units?

• Fred_JoeityFred_Joeity Posts: 1,168 ★★★
    Did you have a gifting badge?
  • valio1valio1 Posts: 7
    No?
  • DarthHaasDarthHaas Posts: 385 ★★
    Yea kabam did not send them to you.
  • Fred_JoeityFred_Joeity Posts: 1,168 ★★★
    Then you wouldn’t get the units
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    you didnt buy the deal that gave the badge, so you dont get compensation for buying something you never bought.
  • CassyCassy Posts: 1,070 ★★★
    you have to buy something to get compensation for not to have it anymore.

If u have no VW (those with the exhaust defeat devices) you get nothing when u sue them.
  • mariondorsettmariondorsett Posts: 8
    To KABAM,

Recommended solutions:
    - Put a limit on how many gifts a summoner can RECEIVE daily (or pick a different interval)
    - Put a limit on how many gifts a summoner can SEND daily (or pick a different interval)
    - Increase the cost per gift each time gifts are sent, and put a cool down on it to lower the cost after (pick an interval)
    - Deal w/ the offenders and stop punishing everyone

Valid Complaint:
    My complaint is the same as most I've read. I spent real money to get the gifting badge because of it's repeated usability in the game.

I will never spend $30 (in one purchase) to get game units, I don't have that kind of disposable income.

This will cause me to re-evaluate any future purchase decisions in this game. I understand if I purchase units, when I use them they're gone. When I purchased the Gifting badge it was an investment in the game to help my family, friends and alliance progress.

The "punish everyone" mentality doesn't solve the problem. Regardless of what you do, I guarantee, someone fill find an exploit of some kind that you didn't think about, or expect, and you will have to re-evaluate how to solve that issue... unless you simply punish everyone... again.
  • Dtl7714Dtl7714 Posts: 467 ★★★
    edited March 2019
    So timing is interesting. They have know about this for a while. They left the gifting events in December alone to milk the community of money.

Then they snuck in a change to the terms of service in January that they didnt notify people of. Obviously prepping for this.

https://youtu.be/Am5PQksmlow

And then they finish off the bait and switch. By taking the badge back. At least they were nice enough to refund the cost of the unit/gifting badge deals.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,957 ★★★★★
    Dtl7714 said:

So timing is interesting. They have know about this for a while. They left the gifting events in December alone to milk the community of money.

Then they snuck in a change to the terms of service in January that they didnt notify people of. Obviously prepping for this.

And then they finish off the bait and switch. By taking the badge back. At least they were nice enough to refund the cost of the unit/gifting badge deals.

Great, just what this thread needs. A completely off base Prof Hof video of a reddit post that was derailed by an actual lawyer in the comments proving @Maat1985 was in the wrong. This thread needs to die a harsh death. It's getting way out of hand and is not boarding conspiracy.
  • Dtl7714 said:

This again? We addressed that change to ToS back when it happened in this thread here: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/694301/#Comment_694301

"In the rare situation when necessary to communicate any substantial material changes, additional notification may be sent through in-game or email.

The changes made this time were about some re-wording of the Terms of Service and some re-ordering of paragraphs to make them easier and clearer to read and no material changes to policy were made."

There is no conspiracy here, or threads to follow. Additionally that video/thread says that we changed the ToS again after January 3rd, but that is not true. There have been no new updates to the Terms of Service since Jan 3rd 2019.
    edited March 2019
    @Kabam Miike glad you answered those questions. I have never got the 850 units to begin with. I opened two tickets with kabam one was closed for no reason and the other i’m waiting for a reply. I have made purchases that I should get compasented for the gb and I didn’t get anything. -IMAGE REMOVED-
This discussion has been closed.