**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Enter the Negative Zone and rescue Johnny Storm next Month!

Comments

• BowTieJohnBowTieJohn Posts: 2,360 ★★★★

Ace_03 said:

Haji_Saab said:

Anything good for non-spenders??

You don't need to spend to do UC / Variant and monthly quest. The game is free
    You don't need to spend to do UC/variant IF you're got your duped 5* Blade to 5/65. But for common mortals, like me, have only unduped ultron and unduped magik at 4/55. Not way to complete those quests without spending, thx to crazy buffs placed with usual care by kabam. Have fun and die trying! (©Kabam)

A Duped Blade is not going to help much here. Variant Difficulty is meant to test the breadth and depth of your Roster, as well as your RPG Knowledge. It is not meant for everybody and is made for our more end game players.

Every month, we release plenty of Content that is meant for many different skill levels, but as we said at the end of last year, we are committing to more end-game content for our most experienced players as well.

Haji_Saab said:

You don't need to spend to do UC/variant IF you're got your duped 5* Blade to 5/65. But for common mortals, like me, have only unduped ultron and unduped magik at 4/55. Not way to complete those quests without spending, thx to crazy buffs placed with usual care by kabam. Have fun and die trying! (©Kabam)

A Duped Blade is not going to help much here. Variant Difficulty is meant to test the breadth and depth of your Roster, as well as your RPG Knowledge. It is not meant for everybody and is made for our more end game players.

Every month, we release plenty of Content that is meant for many different skill levels, but as we said at the end of last year, we are committing to more end-game content for our most experienced players as well.
    Will the champion restrictions be limited to class again? and will 4* be banned? I noticed the fury missions have those #tag specific champions, is that the new Variant champion limit now?

More information will be available closer to the release of the Content, but I can say that we're using "implicit" requirements instead of "explicit" ones.

This means that you can bring any Champ you would like, but you're gonna have a super hard time without a certain Tag.

Alright, no more hints until the release!

Ace_03 said:

Haji_Saab said:

Haji_Saab said:

Will the champion restrictions be limited to class again? and will 4* be banned? I noticed the fury missions have those #tag specific champions, is that the new Variant champion limit now?

More information will be available closer to the release of the Content, but I can say that we're using "implicit" requirements instead of "explicit" ones.

This means that you can bring any Champ you would like, but you're gonna have a super hard time without a certain Tag.

Alright, no more hints until the release!
    This little bit of information has only increased my excitement for the content.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Akhilxcx said:

Haji_Saab said:

thanks for telling us that you only care about end game players and are committed to cater only to them. Btw there's nothing rpg about this game so check your rpg knowledge again. every month you give us upto masters( for mid tier players) so don't even include uc in it. Guess i can move on to other games bcoz i am not an endgame player and they only make more content for them
    OK. You go find a game where they put out new permanent content for previous stages in the game's progression that 90% of the player base can blast through in a day. Good luck with that.
  • BowTieJohnBowTieJohn Posts: 2,360 ★★★★

Akhilxcx said:

Haji_Saab said:

thanks for telling us that you only care about end game players and are committed to cater only to them. Btw there's nothing rpg about this game so check your rpg knowledge again. every month you give us upto masters( for mid tier players) so don't even include uc in it. Guess i can move on to other games bcoz i am not an endgame player and they only make more content for them
    Wow!!! 😲

That's really what you got from that, huh? Every month they provide new content for all levels, but these Variant Quests are specific to players who have reached a certain level based on how easy the game had become. This is PERMANENT content that will still be available for you to do down the road when you have the skill and the roster to do it.

Do you complain that there isn't a mid-level LOL?

Do you complain that there isn't a mid-level ACT 6?

They have done literally ONE monthly event that had no lower tier version and that was the Maze.
    Agreed there is plenty of content for various levels. Sadly I do believe some people will never be happy no matter what.
  • DarthHaasDarthHaas Posts: 385 ★★
    Akhilxcx said:

Haji_Saab said:

Good bye!

So tired of the game is to hard and I’m gonna stop playing comments

• AgentRonnieAgentRonnie Posts: 12

Summoners!

We’re just about to wrap up the month of Skrulls, and the Battlerealm: Under Siege Event Quest! That means that it’s time to look forward to what’s on the horizon for the month of April! We’re venturing into the Negative Zone to find the long lost Human Torch, Johnny Storm! But the Negative Zone is dark and full of terrors...

The Living Death Who Walks!
    Using his knowledge of the Negative Zone, Thing begrudgingly takes his allies into the dangerous region, knowing it will be the place to find Johnny Storm, the Human Torch. With Johnny's powers going haywire and alighting the Negative Zone in uncontrolled flame, they must contend with Annihilus--and the strained relationship between Johnny and Ben.

Bounties in the Negative Zone!
    Activate Bounties so that your entire Alliance can travel to the Negative Zone and face off against dangerous challenges to obtain valuable resources!

Back Issues #2 - Mystery in the Micro-Realms
    Return to a classic Quest from the early days of The Contest with this second edition of BACK ISSUES!

April is gearing up to be another fantastic month in The Contest! We can’t wait to release this content to you all!

@Kabam Miike is back issues #2 coming out the same time as the monthly quest, or will it come later in April?
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★

V1PER1987 said:

Haji_Saab said:

I still don’t get what you mean by “RPG Knowledge” because that applies little here...

Knowledge of certain Champions strengths and weaknesses, their abilities and what they counter, etc. It's about breaking people away from "the usual" and really reaching into your Roster.
    Ah, ok. Well I can see how that can work then. Thanks for the clarification.
    @Viper1987 I had a lot of fun on the first variant. I can attest that I found a lot of value out of champs I would never have touched.
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    edited March 2019

Knowledge of certain Champions strengths and weaknesses, their abilities and what they counter, etc. It's about breaking people away from "the usual" and really reaching into your Roster.

I think my issue with "reaching into your Roster" is the resources needed to do it. Yes, I may have 50+ different 5* & 6* champs (and some of them are pretty good), but I don't have the gold, ISO, or Catalysts to rank very many of them up. Consequently most of them will be lucky to see R3 which, to be blunt, is not nearly strong enough for what these quests usually require.

And with the rarity of certain rankup materials (like T2a), players have to be very selective of who they rank up. We simply don't generate the resources fast enough to keep up with the "flavor of the month". It's also hard to justify a rank up with the constant "threat" of seeing your ranked up champ be nerfed or completely horrible option for new content.
  • Taylor505Taylor505 Posts: 8
    Not excited about bounites at all
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian
    Akhilxcx said:

Haji_Saab said:

Since 95% of the content in the game is not targeted at end game players, Kabam seems to be absolutely horrible at catering only to them. What are you looking for in your next game, having 99% of the content being not targeted at end game players?
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian

I think my issue with "reaching into your Roster" is the resources needed to do it. Yes, I may have 50+ different 5* & 6* champs (and some of them are pretty good), but I don't have the gold, ISO, or Catalysts to rank very many of them up. Consequently most of them will be lucky to see R3 which, to be blunt, is not nearly strong enough for what these quests usually require.

And with the rarity of certain rankup materials (like T2a), players have to be very selective of who they rank up. We simply don't generate the resources fast enough to keep up with the "flavor of the month". It's also hard to justify a rank up with the constant "threat" of seeing your ranked up champ be nerfed or completely horrible option for new content.
    By definition, the end game for any progressional game is going to target the top few percent, if that, of all players. The entire playerbase can't be end game, because before they all reach the end game the game will make higher end game. When you say "we" don't generate enough resources, by definition a properly targeted end game will at least when it is first introduced exceed the ability for the vast overwhelming majority of players to achieve. When "we" don't have enough resources to *immediately* do the content, that's working correctly.

What was end game two years ago, a player starting the game today can reach in less than a year, even though *at the time it was introduced* most players would take years to reach at the pace resources were earned back then. What looks like it will take years to achieve today will take much less time to achieve as the game continues on. The playerbase is composed of a continuum of players of all skill levels and progress speed. The fastest reach the end game as soon as it materializes. The top tier players can reach it quickly. The middle tiers can't reach it quickly, and are more likely to reach it when the game accelerates progress enough for them to catch it, than they are likely to reach it at their current progress rates. This is not just intentional, this is desirable. If the game didn't work like this, progress would be meaningless.
  • ThesurvivlistThesurvivlist Posts: 195

Kabam pls give torch and annihilus abilities
    On basis of their powers.
    Like TORCH should have:
    1. Incinerate
    2. Plasma detonation like havok
    3. Plasma armor like aura of incineration and it also reduces incoming damage by physical hits by 40%
    4. Fury
    5. Pyrokinesis- highly incinerating energy blasts.
    6. Thermokinesis-shifting his body parts to flames and other flaming objects.
    7. Incinerate, coldsnap, frostbite, shock immunity
    8. Armor break

And for ANNIHILUS:
    1.Chitinous exoskeleton armor which has physical and energy resistance.
    2. Evade as he has superhuman agility
    3. Bleed
    4. Continuous rebirth as signature ability as he cannot die if he has his cosmic control rod so he can revive himself when knocked down for one time.
    5. But the cosmic control rod makes him panic and paranoid so it reduces all his ability potency by 50%.
    6. But he also broadcasts panic in his enemies.
    7. He has permanent cellular degeneration debuff on himself.
    8. But the cosmic control rod slows it and it also purifies debuff placed on him
    9. Lastly on using his cosmic control rod to revive his cellular degeneration becomes vigorous and he is not immune to debuff.
    Thank you kabam and everyone who read my post thoroughly. And I wish kabam you all people make these champions in reference to their powers.

I don't think Human torch should have the plasma detonation that havoc has as human torch powers are flight, pyrokinesis, absorb fire and a fiery form that enables all his powers.
    Superhuman agility does not equal evade at all
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    edited March 2019

Tell that to Daredevil and Spiderman...
  • Fred_JoeityFred_Joeity Posts: 1,168 ★★★
    edited March 2019

Well Spider-Man has his “spider sense,” and daredevil is a blind dude that beats up magic ninjas using his “radar sense”
  • SiliyoSiliyo Posts: 1,374 ★★★★★

Spidey sense always functioned as a defensive mechanism. It should work as Daredevil’s signature ability.
  • Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★
    @Kabam Miike overall will variant #2 be the same difficulty of the first one or harder
  • SceptilemaniacSceptilemaniac Posts: 1,195 ★★★★
    Um so act 6 and back issues #2 back to back?
    Throw a little bone to the mid tier players too by adding something like Love is a battle realm or this nick fury thing please.
    Another version of merc missions? Doesn't entice anyone.
  • FrostyFrosty Posts: 485 ★★★

Um so act 6 and back issues #2 back to back?
    Throw a little bone to the mid tier players too by adding something like Love is a battle realm or this nick fury thing please.
    Another version of merc missions? Doesn't entice anyone.

Mid tier players still have act 4 and 5 to explore. If you're done that then move on to RTTL or LOL. If you're done that then there is still variant. If you're done that then you aren't mid tier and enjoy variant #2 and Act 6.

You also scoffed at the new content (merc missions) that is available for everyone.

End game players literally have nothing to do but the new content that gets released while mid tier players still have all other permanent content to play through.
  • DshuDshu Posts: 1,503 ★★★★
    Just a suggestion for new content to help out mid tier players
    Maybe give them access to acts 1-6 after initial clear of each previous act in story content. Perhaps give rankup material available after first clear and again after full completion of each act in story mode. Kabam could also give them access to event quests from beginners to master and even uncollected after a single pass through 5.2.6. It would also be helpful if kabam could allow mid tier players arenas to grind additional rankup resources like gold t1 alphas and t4 basics. Maybe they could also lower the cost of act 4 to 2 energy per move and up the rewards a little in acts 1-4 from the original rewards given to people who completed it when originally released. Also kabam could allow mid tier players access to road to the labyrinth and lol after completing the road. It would be very helpful if kabam could also make obtaining 5* shards easier by including some in master eq to help mid tier players grow their profile. My final suggestion would be maybe putting out a monthly calendar that rewards free items to people just for logging into the game. If kabam could do these things it would really help the mid tier players since they have nothing available for them to do in the game at this time and all new content is designed to keep more advanced profiles interested in the game
  • benshbbenshb Posts: 792 ★★★★
    Dshu said:

Just a suggestion for new content to help out mid tier players
    Maybe give them access to acts 1-6 after initial clear of each previous act in story content. Perhaps give rankup material available after first clear and again after full completion of each act in story mode. Kabam could also give them access to event quests from beginners to master and even uncollected after a single pass through 5.2.6. It would also be helpful if kabam could allow mid tier players arenas to grind additional rankup resources like gold t1 alphas and t4 basics. Maybe they could also lower the cost of act 4 to 2 energy per move and up the rewards a little in acts 1-4 from the original rewards given to people who completed it when originally released. Also kabam could allow mid tier players access to road to the labyrinth and lol after completing the road. It would be very helpful if kabam could also make obtaining 5* shards easier by including some in master eq to help mid tier players grow their profile. My final suggestion would be maybe putting out a monthly calendar that rewards free items to people just for logging into the game. If kabam could do these things it would really help the mid tier players since they have nothing available for them to do in the game at this time and all new content is designed to keep more advanced profiles interested in the game

You, Sir, deserve 3 of my finest claps, along with the mighty 'Nod of Acknowledgement'!
    God tier players deserve the good stuff
  • SasukeUchihaSasukeUchiha Posts: 16
    Kabam please read my comment thoroughly as I want that the champions should have abilities according to their powers as
    The TORCH should have:
    1. Incinerate on special attacks
    2. Fury
    3. Plasma detonation like havok
    4. Plasma armor which reduces damage by 35% and does damage like aura of incineration.
    5.shock, incinerate ,coldsnap,frostbite Immunity
    6. Signature ability- nova flame which makes him incinerate opponents on each attacks.
    7. Armor break

And for ANNIHILUS:
    1. Enchaned armor up due to his chitinous armor and will break after two armor break debuffs.
    2. Evade due to superhuman speed and agility
    3. Physical and energy resistance
    4. Bleed
    5. His Cosmic control rod grants him immunity to all debuffs
    6. Armor break debuff
    7. Permanent cellular degeneration debuff on himself which is low until he doesn't uses his cosmic control rod.
    8.Signature ability- Continuous Rebirth as due to his cosmic control rod he can revive himself when he is knocked down for one time. But it makes him panic and paranoid due to the fear of losing it and his cellular degeneration debuff becomes vigorous.
    Thank you kabam and all reading this post and I hope you will create these champions from their powers.
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★

Kabam please read my comment thoroughly as I want that the champions should have abilities according to their powers as
    The TORCH should have:
    1. Incinerate on special attacks
    2. Fury
    3. Plasma detonation like havok
    4. Plasma armor which reduces damage by 35% and does damage like aura of incineration.
    5.shock, incinerate ,coldsnap,frostbite Immunity
    6. Signature ability- nova flame which makes him incinerate opponents on each attacks.
    7. Armor break

And for ANNIHILUS:
    1. Enchaned armor up due to his chitinous armor and will break after two armor break debuffs.
    2. Evade due to superhuman speed and agility
    3. Physical and energy resistance
    4. Bleed
    5. His Cosmic control rod grants him immunity to all debuffs
    6. Armor break debuff
    7. Permanent cellular degeneration debuff on himself which is low until he doesn't uses his cosmic control rod.
    8.Signature ability- Continuous Rebirth as due to his cosmic control rod he can revive himself when he is knocked down for one time. But it makes him panic and paranoid due to the fear of losing it and his cellular degeneration debuff becomes vigorous.
    Thank you kabam and all reading this post and I hope you will create these champions from their powers.

At this point the champs are basically finalized.
  • SasukeUchihaSasukeUchiha Posts: 16

Kabam pls give torch and annihilus abilities
    On basis of their powers.
    Like TORCH should have:
    1. Incinerate
    2. Plasma detonation like havok
    3. Plasma armor like aura of incineration and it also reduces incoming damage by physical hits by 40%
    4. Fury
    5. Pyrokinesis- highly incinerating energy blasts.
    6. Thermokinesis-shifting his body parts to flames and other flaming objects.
    7. Incinerate, coldsnap, frostbite, shock immunity
    8. Armor break

And for ANNIHILUS:
    1.Chitinous exoskeleton armor which has physical and energy resistance.
    2. Evade as he has superhuman agility
    3. Bleed
    4. Continuous rebirth as signature ability as he cannot die if he has his cosmic control rod so he can revive himself when knocked down for one time.
    5. But the cosmic control rod makes him panic and paranoid so it reduces all his ability potency by 50%.
    6. But he also broadcasts panic in his enemies.
    7. He has permanent cellular degeneration debuff on himself.
    8. But the cosmic control rod slows it and it also purifies debuff placed on him
    9. Lastly on using his cosmic control rod to revive his cellular degeneration becomes vigorous and he is not immune to debuff.
    Thank you kabam and everyone who read my post thoroughly. And I wish kabam you all people make these champions in reference to their powers.

I don't think Human torch should have the plasma detonation that havoc has as human torch powers are flight, pyrokinesis, absorb fire and a fiery form that enables all his powers.
    Why man he has reached temperatures equal to plasma and emits plama levels near him so that's why plasma detonation and aura of incineration
  • Hulk_77Hulk_77 Posts: 782 ★★★
    Marri_2 said:

Husky54 said:

Summoners!

But the Negative Zone is dark and full of terrors...

😐
    because the night is dark and full of terrors

Cyclops is a very useful champion.
    You know nothing, Kabam Miike
    fixed the nested quotes IMO

• SceptilemaniacSceptilemaniac Posts: 1,195 ★★★★
    Guys I'm just stating what I experience.
    See I've completed 5.2.6 and have 6 5/50 equivalents.
    Master EQ is easy.
    Uncollected EQ is too difficult to explore.
    I've completed ROL, stuck at RTTL chp4.
    I don't play Arena at all.
    Act 4 exploration is just as boring as arena.
    So all that's left is Act 5.1 and 5.2 exploration which is okay but I don't play very much so all my playtime goes to master eq exploration.
    So this month was really fun for me because of epic and master recon initiatives. Less energy required, challenging but not bs opponents and okayish requirements. And it was very rewarding too.
    So all I'm saying is more content like Nick fury's recon initiative, danger rooms or love is a battle realm.