**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Ironman: Infinity War

2»

Comments

• SoulreaverasSoulreaveras Posts: 63
    edited March 2019
    I used to have major problems with him myself. The easiest way I have found to beat him is with Hyperion. Block his hits, he tends to throw heavies after you block, when he starts his heavy attack, evade and do a heavy on him. Hyperions heavy attacks stack furies. Do this until you get to SP3 then, (This is key) wait for IMIW armor up buffs to expire and then hit your SP3. Rinse and repeat. 2-3 and he should be down. Do not throw your SP3 while his armor up buff is active or he will not take much damage at all. And remember, heavies bypass autoblock with him under the 15% effect. That’s how I beat him now. It’s def a patience fight.
  • Jridenhour_3Jridenhour_3 Posts: 348 ★★
    I just use dr voodoo. I poison him and don't even have to fight him when he gets below 15% I run tier5 map in AW an always get IMIW on the regen every 20 seconds node. Stack some loes an hit him with a sp1 couple times an it's over.
  • DarthHaasDarthHaas Posts: 385 ★★
    Olly said:

IW Ironman definately needs a nerf.Its not sour grapes or anything and I know new characters need some time to get used too in wars(nightcrawler/MODOK).Ironman IW is NOT the same.Unblockables,no bleed or poison works most of the time,armour up all the time and autoblock that stuns WHILE HE IS STUNNED.The only thing that he isnt perfect at is doing much damage but if you cant damage him its just a case of running out of time.I think the best option is taking the auto-block off this champ and all champs to be honest.I hate it as it requires no skill.

All the auto block champs require skill to beat them. Medusa and IMIW can be beaten with almost any champ with skill. Certain champs make it a lot easier and less skill. I was absolutely wrecked in AW by imiw (after I thought I was good at fighting him) I’m super competitive and was very irritated. I made it my game mission for 2 weeks to master fighting him with multiple champs. Still fight him 1-2 times per war and haven’t died since. He doesn’t need a nerf. People just need to learn to fight him... I stress knowing how to fight him is different the. Being able to fight him. Get in and practice with multiple champs. Doesn’t be afraid to die over and over again. You will get it! Good luck

• imaginejimimaginejim Posts: 333 ★★
    DarthHaas said:

Olly said:

IW Ironman definately needs a nerf.Its not sour grapes or anything and I know new characters need some time to get used too in wars(nightcrawler/MODOK).Ironman IW is NOT the same.Unblockables,no bleed or poison works most of the time,armour up all the time and autoblock that stuns WHILE HE IS STUNNED.The only thing that he isnt perfect at is doing much damage but if you cant damage him its just a case of running out of time.I think the best option is taking the auto-block off this champ and all champs to be honest.I hate it as it requires no skill.

All the auto block champs require skill to beat them. Medusa and IMIW can be beaten with almost any champ with skill. Certain champs make it a lot easier and less skill. I was absolutely wrecked in AW by imiw (after I thought I was good at fighting him) I’m super competitive and was very irritated. I made it my game mission for 2 weeks to master fighting him with multiple champs. Still fight him 1-2 times per war and haven’t died since. He doesn’t need a nerf. People just need to learn to fight him... I stress knowing how to fight him is different the. Being able to fight him. Get in and practice with multiple champs. Doesn’t be afraid to die over and over again. You will get it! Good luck

Also True Strike champions like Venom, Heimdall, Karnak make easy work of evade, auto-block and armor champs.
  • KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,722 ★★★★★

Kerneas said:

Fun fact is, that unless you have one of the 5 champs with true strike, you can only heavy counter him. However, 1 hit each 3 seconds that deals about 160 damage is too low imo.

I don't believe that's true. As long as he doesn't have any armor up charges, you can fight him normally. You can intercept and combo and even parry him.
    The catch is, that he has armor up all the time. And under 15%, obly a fool would risk normal combo without new cap. Marvel or True strike. I can heavy intercept without a single problem, but the dmg is too low.
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    Kerneas said:

Kerneas said:

Fun fact is, that unless you have one of the 5 champs with true strike, you can only heavy counter him. However, 1 hit each 3 seconds that deals about 160 damage is too low imo.

I don't believe that's true. As long as he doesn't have any armor up charges, you can fight him normally. You can intercept and combo and even parry him.
    The catch is, that he has armor up all the time. And under 15%, obly a fool would risk normal combo without new cap. Marvel or True strike. I can heavy intercept without a single problem, but the dmg is too low.
    Use someone with high damage heavies then?
    I can tell you with certainty that the damage on heavy attacks is not too low for many champs.
    I personally use Darkhawk, Hyperion and CapIW depending on the node that imiw is on.
    But many others work just fine, used WS for the ones in variant for example
  • DarthHaasDarthHaas Posts: 385 ★★
    Yea and also it’s not infinite armor up it will wear down you may have to dex a couple specials but after the initial armor ups wear off just heavy and good to go
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,655 ★★★★★
  • LeoGnarleyardoLeoGnarleyardo Posts: 355 ★★

• Lt_Magnum_1Lt_Magnum_1 Posts: 639 ★★
    Bring someone like Void. His SP1 is not too hard to avoid.
  • RunamokUSARunamokUSA Posts: 369 ★★★
    I use my Corvus and he slices and dices IMIW up
  • mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    OP, if you see him in every war, and you haven't been able to one shot all of them by know then there's something wrong. At least you're reaching out to your community about it, and so that's good.

But like some have said ya gotta practice him, and get the timing down. the good news is that it gets better. the higher you go in war the less likely you are to see him.
  • shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★
    There are a lot of people who can beat him
  • LordRaymondLordRaymond Posts: 33
    He's easy once you can get the hang of him.
  • HeartlessHeartless Posts: 298 ★★

Olly said:

No. He doesn't. Sorry, but this is a matter of skill. If no one anywhere could ever beat him then yes, a nerf would be called for. Since lots of players can beat him and even one shot him as an AW boss, he isn't too OP. He is challenging for you and that just means more practice for you. You can't fight him the same way you fight other champs just like you can't fight Korg or Hyperion the same way. You have to adapt and overcome.

You know you are not supposed to post about any single person like this don't you? Against forum rules.
  • Man_BatMan_Bat Posts: 331 ★★
    He doesn't need a nerf. He does, though require bringing the right champ for AW. Hyperion, Corvus, Medusa, Venom, Void are great options, but many other champs can easily take him out. Learn his patterns and be patient and you can beat him consistently.
  • KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,722 ★★★★★
    I just wanna remind you, that I wrote this post quite a while ago. Since the time I posted it I have practised him (mainly in captain marvel event) and I can now say that although I tend to make mistakes in dodging the first SP1 slice, my only enemy is the time, because I can't kill him quickly.

He shouldn't be nerfed (it could be a funny nerf tho, like breaking part of his armor with my heavy or sth like that), but I still find it stupid to put him into Captains clash without having anything in common with Captain Marvel, unlike the rest of champions in that quest. (I posted a discussion about this and noone gave me a explanation what do IM and CM have in common)
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,554 Guardian
    Kerneas said:

This comes up often enough that I recorded a video counterpoint to it last year. You can take a 4* champ with class disadvantage and no true strike and kill a 6* awakened IMIW without even using heavy counters very often. You just have to pace yourself to attack until he gets to three stacks of armor then back away, and when you start to get to the end of the fight you need to hit only once (so you don't proc armor and get immediately autoblocked on the second swing), heavy counter, or use special three. It takes practice, but it doesn't take special champions, special abilities, or even special skills. You just have to learn the champ and execute those tactics well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6I_cd_TNXU&t=106s

Part of the reason for fighting at both class disadvantage and two ranks lower was to show that this fight is winnable even under Alliance War time constraints. Even with those disadvantages and no boosts the fight is over in just a little over three minutes. It is thus doable with basically the same tactic but without class disadvantage or with a better rank attacker, or with an attack boost (I"ve brought him down in AW, but I just don't have recordings of it).

There are a few nodes that stack armor on him fast on the top tier maps. In those situations IMIW is much more problematic without more precise tactics and strong counter champs. But those situations are rare, and I'd expect anyone in that situation to be better prepared to fight difficult defenders, of which IMIW is not the most difficult.