**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Week 4 Fury Recon - What a units/resources rip-off!

Comments

• Blaker78Blaker78 Posts: 133
    edited March 2019

it was definitely a challenging boss this week. I found the fights up to fury to be very easy. but Fury himself was pretty challenging for the finale part. But I managed to get him down with only using 1 revive during all my runs for master and epic. my 4/40 GP actually did most of the work on Fury all 4 times.
  • SageOfSixPathsSageOfSixPaths Posts: 15
    If every new event is hard for you guys than maybe this game isn't for you. I'm not the best at this game but and I don't have any 5/65 champs but I rely on the skills I've gathered through my time on mcoc. I finished this week's epic with no revives. If anything, the Ultron one was probably the more difficult one because of the regen and power lock but even then I got it done. Soooo quit whining and do your best
  • DarthHaasDarthHaas Posts: 385 ★★
    Rap said:

Takes skill to succeed with lower champs...the gate in act 6 is to block those with real skills.

If you had real skills you could beat act 6 with your garbage 5/6*

• DshuDshu Posts: 1,503 ★★★★
    DarthHaas said:

Rap said:

Takes skill to succeed with lower champs...the gate in act 6 is to block those with real skills.

@DarthHaas see above post. To attempt act 6 you must first beat act 5. Not even past the collector yet
    Bacca said:

It was a bunch of garbage, Kabam has figured out that if they put unblockable, or unstoppable or maybe invincible and any other garbage node they can come up with that they can scorch a buck off the regular players because I'm sure the whale suckers are getting tired of supported this game. I bet half these guys who said they completed it without using units are full of it.

Ok. Haha haha lol. Talk about garbage nodes how about garbage post

Dshu said:

DarthHaas said:

Rap said:

@DarthHaas see above post. To attempt act 6 you must first beat act 5. Not even past the collector yet
    Oh well yea that makes sense. So just complaining for sake of complaining then. I guess he is in no hurry to do act 6

I saw brian grant 3 star challenge video, i realized that he use wall intercept for that unblockable finale node. And thats my pathetic team, i'm an average boss killer. used 5 20% revives. pulled medusa and tech awakening gem for my SL )). Very happy..

Congrats dude! All very good stuff!

• johara84johara84 Posts: 145
    My team was 4r5 Vision AoU, 4r5 ST, 5r3 Elektra, 5r3, Cage, and 6r1 Yondu. I played through 4 times before without spending (mostly cause of cavalier crystals). I eventually got the timing of his sp2 down and even on Epic my 4*s could tank his sp1 6-7 times. My strategy was to try and get his decoy one shotted with ST (next was Cage if I messed up). Like I said I didn't get it until the 5th time and finished on first try on next path, but no revives or units used. Energy requirement is low.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,248 ★★★★★

Guys with 5/65s going on about being good.

Quality stuff

I love it how people are posting rosters with 5/65s and 4/55s. Someone should beat master with a 4/40 ultron, 1/25 yondu, 1/25 elektra, 4/40 massacre, and 4/40 (3 star) gwenpool.

And screen record so I can see your strategy.

Funny you guys had to mention this. I started another account yesterday and managed to get 1 4* from a PHC. Today after I completed Act 3, I tried Act 4 and found it really hard with my roster of one 4* R2 champ and the rest 2*s.

It’s such a money grab!
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,248 ★★★★★
    Dshu said:

DarthHaas said:

Rap said:

So he’s a big guppy in a fish tank thinking that there aren’t bigger fishes in the world?
  • loader187loader187 Posts: 222 ★★
    Iksdjvan said:

You either have the champs or you don't. That's the determinative factor for this quest. I don't mind the nodes on fury. I mind the champs you can bring. Mercs and robots? It's garbage imo

I would have to agree. I think they should only put requirements on permanent content because some people can't do it because they are lacking the champs. Ironically the last week was the hardest only because I had the worst champs for this. I think it's funny that all there requirements seem to be picked perfect so you can barely use any synergies anymore.

I think it would be more fun to make it so you can only take 2 classes in but we get to pick. You can change the nodes around to make it harder like immune to bleed. Blade could still use his synergies but some of the 9000 paths could be immune to bleed. That way it's not a total slap in the face.

Why have synergies if we can barely use them now.
  • Spurgeon14Spurgeon14 Posts: 1,665 ★★★★

Guys with 5/65s going on about being good.

Quality stuff

Most guys with 5/65s are good. Very good. So...?
  • Fred_JoeityFred_Joeity Posts: 1,168 ★★★
    I’m annoyed by unblockable and unstoppable nodes. I get that they’re not impossible to do, and unblockable nodes actually take a bit more skill to do, but they still annoy me because there’s usually no room for you to mess up. Unstoppable nodes are still bs though (at least there’s she hulk and spidergwen!)
  • Sai_7Sai_7 Posts: 246
    edited March 2019
    6 star R2 Domino Solo'd Fury both the times.
    He was not that hard, watch out for Unblockable (double)
    His SP2 is easier to evade, watch for the extended gun and swipe back.
    SP1 is like yondu SP2 (just evade initial tracker and hold block for some auto evasion on the air strikes)
    Also he throws heavies as well often, wait for the final hit and attack.
    I took in Vision for Immunity & Power control (Just in case) Never used thou.

Will try with second account today and update how it rolls.
  • Jh_DezJh_Dez Posts: 1,306 ★★★
    Well fury isn't difficult if you use mutant champions for those saying oh I used domino etc

If you're like me and don't have a domino, it's still challenging. But there's a way to play it.
    Mutants reduce fury's chance to proc tactical charges from 100% to 25% so using a mutant champ is the safest way to go
    If u don't have a mutant Merc, your gameplay will have to adjust. You'd have to parry more often to reduce his tactical charges and wait for some charges to expire. Always push him to sp2 (much easier to evade and doesn't give him any tactical charges). When you succeed in killing him the first time, you can use the pause and quit method 😉. If you're slow, make sure you don't attack him until he degenerates back to 30% hp so he doesn't get any permanent charges
    Black widow and duped gwenpool help very much
  • Savage_Savage_ Posts: 64
    I beat epic nick fury with a 4/40 domino
  • PlayerPlayer Posts: 169
    KattohS said:

I’m just happy I don’t need to complete this weeks epic level to get to 5,000 intel, which is all I need and want for the AG.

The additional intel would be good but I’m not going to burn thrubunits for it.

Yup.

• CFreeCFree Posts: 491 ★★

Osfan8 said:

Just about completed these clown fiesta Master and Epic levels of Nick Fury's recon for this week. What a load of rubbish that was! If this wasn't designed to rinse out your items and units then I must be missing something as there was absolutely no need whatsoever to make it that hard! 'Unblockable' seems to be their new go to node for literally everything. Every YouTuber I watched today struggled to complete it, 5/65s and all. They were getting super frustrated and for good reason. This is a unconscionable move by Kabam and yet another indication that this game is being pushed in a 'Pay to Win' direction. It certainly feels like the community no longer matters to Kabam. If that is not the case, I'd like to hear Kabam explanation.

Not every YouTuber struggled with it

https://youtu.be/8C4PrdxQnXY
    I have to try that wall trick. Thanks for the video

That evade/counter is the only way I was able to complete this. That video was fantastic.
  • MrBanksMrBanks Posts: 950 ★★★
    Kabam is getting worse and worse everyday.
  • Marri_2Marri_2 Posts: 577 ★★★
    Wasn't hard

https://youtu.be/0Ka11iGWdL4

I am lucky with that Elektra, but a 4-40 4* would have done a great job on Thing as well and for Fury any champ will do.
  • Marri_2Marri_2 Posts: 577 ★★★

I love it how people are posting rosters with 5/65s and 4/55s. Someone should beat master with a 4/40 ultron, 1/25 yondu, 1/25 elektra, 4/40 massacre, and 4/40 (3 star) gwenpool.

And screen record so I can see your strategy.

Yeah, then you shouldn't complain because Epic just isn't meant for you. Not everything is a giveaway you know....
  • IksdjvanIksdjvan Posts: 239 ★★
    I saw a video of a guy up against the wall swiping back when fury came in and he demolished fury. I've tried every way I know how to replicate it and I can't get it to work. What the hell is it that he is doing?
  • Unknown_SoldierUnknown_Soldier Posts: 154 ★★
    90% of u people defending Kabam used DOMINO. Not everyone was/is lucky enough have her. Aside Domino, Winter Soldier and maybe Gwenpool ONLY counters. To you people who insist Nick's Special 1 is EASY to evade......ur liars. The 1st 2 hits are easy....the rapid BS machine gun from sky is NEAR IMPOSSIBLE. Getting tired of BS nodes and people defending them. This game is a money pit....and this quest designed to make people spend. Glad some of you got 5-star dominos, Gwenpools, and Cages.....but some of us weren't given those champs by luck. The AI was cheap...Nick Fury's Special one is too difficult to fully evade and making nodes that bypass basic game mechanics dont test skill......they test ur spending power. Kabam has become filthy rich and greedy .......and they will continue to release quests like this because people like u defend them. 300k Kingpin......Unblockable Nick Fury that has 100% bleed chance every hit that you have to fight twice.......what trash
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,759 ★★★★★
    Iksdjvan said:

I saw a video of a guy up against the wall swiping back when fury came in and he demolished fury. I've tried every way I know how to replicate it and I can't get it to work. What the hell is it that he is doing?

It is a technique dubbed as banking.

👀 this to understand it better.

https://youtu.be/YRa1d8GbAmE
  • ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★

90% of u people defending Kabam used DOMINO. Not everyone was/is lucky enough have her. Aside Domino, Winter Soldier and maybe Gwenpool ONLY counters. To you people who insist Nick's Special 1 is EASY to evade......ur liars. The 1st 2 hits are easy....the rapid BS machine gun from sky is NEAR IMPOSSIBLE. Getting tired of BS nodes and people defending them. This game is a money pit....and this quest designed to make people spend. Glad some of you got 5-star dominos, Gwenpools, and Cages.....but some of us weren't given those champs by luck. The AI was cheap...Nick Fury's Special one is too difficult to fully evade and making nodes that bypass basic game mechanics dont test skill......they test ur spending power. Kabam has become filthy rich and greedy .......and they will continue to release quests like this because people like u defend them. 300k Kingpin......Unblockable Nick Fury that has 100% bleed chance every hit that you have to fight twice.......what trash

Why do you insist to fight Epic if your roster is yet to be ready? Brian's video clearly show how he made it with 3*.
    I'm not defending for Kabam, yet I think it's much better when compared with lagging UC darkhawk EQ where both master/UC were not doable before the fix.
    For Nick Fury, why not pick a duel target and learnt how to evade his sp1?
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/129696/i-found-a-nick-fury-duel-target-if-anyone-is-interested

• LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★

Lots of people did this without Domino and without spending any money on this alleged money pit. Before they added an epic level End Game players were complaining that the content was too easy, and y'all protested that we should stop and they needed to just add a harder level. So they did, and you can't beat it and now you complain that it's a money grab. Stop complaining that the hardest level is too hard. Kabam is providing a level for every player. They aren't going to check to see what level you are at and make sure that the hardest level is for you. I swear these are the worst posts on the forum. I'll take the trade champ posts and the rank downs any day lol.