**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Mystic Dispersion EXPOSED (under the hood)

Mr_OtterMr_Otter Posts: 1,614 ★★★
Mystic class… the mere mention incites defensiveness, anger, righteous criticism, and flags. LOTS AND LOTS OF FLAGS! Yeah I've been putting this off for about a week so let's get to it. I can PROVE that by Kabam's OWN STATEMENTS that MD is not working as intended and is currently FAR too overpowered!

2iuvlop6wnhi.png

zuu4ppn5cvf7.png

kc0c7pw2mbt5.png

For those of you wondering what the screenshots are
1. A screenshot of Hood's ability requiring Stagger to EXPIRE
2. Official reply by a very special Kabam Moderator
http://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/1781/hood-is-not-healing-like-intended
3. A screenshot of MYSTIC DISPERSION'S ability

"Accrue X% of power each time an beneficial enemy effect expires"

When the Stagger expires XYZ points of the opponent's health is siphoned to the Hood"

Despite them having different effects the mechanic of "Expiring" is a constant in this mess!

However we have 3 conflicting ways that expiring works
1. Mystic Dispersion: ANYTHING goes from timer running out, forced removal like nullify or converted to something else, or even triggering a Buff while a cap is in place (X23 Cruelty or NC Fury are examples)

2. Hood: expire works when Stagger is removed by having it cancel out a beneficial effect (preventing anything from Fury to regen to even Optimism buffs) or having the timer run out.

3. How the official Kabam word says it works: expiring only applies when the timer has been used and does not apply to stacking already capped abilities (like how Hood can only stack 1 Stagger).

Now the Expire effect can have 3 meanings
1. It can nerf both Hood and MD down to the official Kabam insight and ONLY apply to timers (and potentially 1-use buffs likes Dexterity and Bamf as well as Phoenix Sp1 and CW converting armor ups) and removing massive power gains from many Nullify heavy champs like Voodoo and and Scarlet witch and Doctor Strange.
2. It can work like how HOOD actually works both forced removal and timer running out work. This would only affect MD to not be able to abuse capped buffs like Dexterity; Fury from SL, Captain/Ma.Marvel, WS, Hulk and X23 Cruelty. Forced removal like DS, Voodoo, and SW would still apply.
3. Turn Hood into a LITERAL god! Allowing him to Siphon by replacing his capped stagger would essentially make him easily on par with Wolverine in terms of healing except no shock immune exists, Hex provides ability reduction, Invisibility, a fierce Sp3 bleed WITH that level of both Buff denial and regen PLUS being a villain able to take the Tyranny path on Collector AND having access to MD, AND his broken synergy with Dormammu would give us a situation that he'd be a Swiss Army knife like DS and he'd have to be nerfed later on...

An official response would be MOST appreciated

Comments

• Mr_OtterMr_Otter Posts: 1,614 ★★★
    @Kabam Miike having first hand experience with this topic what is your response?
  • CuteshelfCuteshelf Posts: 747 ★★★
    Well written mate
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    Didn't bother to read it past where you try to conflate Hood's stagger's benefits with MD, I know horrible that I am commenting right? No, not at all and here is why.

You are engaging in sophistry using contextomy. In one cause you have buffs expiring whenever they are replaced by design. And in another you have a debuff's circumstantial benefit activating only after the timer runs out by design. Expiry/expiring means what ever the author intends in multiple instances and can function many different ways, it is not absolute as you would like to portray it for your argument.

It's a bit like saying expiration dates on food are false because the food can be used past the expiration date and doesn't cease to function like animals do when they expire.

Kabam has defined what expire means in each instance, deal with it. MD is functioning as intended as is Hood's stagger, the author has stated this many times.

P.S. I read further on and you never proved your claim that MD is over powered.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,731 ★★★★★
    I ain't read this.
    You aren't the first one creating this thread. This was already discussed in the past.
    There's no bug here. Nothing is broken.
    So stop with this dumb daily threads
  • WreakingHavocWreakingHavoc Posts: 253 ★★
    eXtripa69 wrote: »
    I ain't read this.
    You aren't the first one creating this thread. This was already discussed in the past.

It may be functioning properly, but that's not the point. The point is that Kabam tends to use the same word with different meanings. Another example would be Unblockable SP attacks. Sometimes, only the first hit will be Unblockable. Sometimes, the second hit will be Unblockable. Sometimes, only the physical contact will be Unblockable. Sometimes, only the projectiles will be Unblockable. Sometimes, and I've noticed this with Scarlet Witch, nothing is Unblockable. Same here. They used the same word (expire), but it means three different things.
  • WorkingAsIntendedWorkingAsIntended Posts: 164 ★★
    Havoc lol I saw what you did there with unblockable witch.
  • Vdh2008Vdh2008 Posts: 966 ★★★★
    Personally, I would rather they fix Hood to make it work like MD, rather than the other way around. Hood would be an A class champ then, rather than the C class he is now.
  • How is stagger beneficial? When stagger drops off because time expired on it, MD will take effect. If it drops off because an enemy gained a buff it won't trigger MD. Mike said in his response that it has to expire on its own.
  • wSWeaponXwSWeaponX Posts: 366 ★★
    Is it already time for the daily nerf cry post?
  • klobberintymeklobberintyme Posts: 1,403 ★★★
    "Expiration." You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means...
  • Xthea9Xthea9 Posts: 829 ★★
    I ain't read this.

Your response doesn't seems professional, if you didn't read this , please don't comment, but magically you know what is this post about then be constructive and enlighten us with your vast knowledge as you know the game system too well.

Thanks otter , nice post , I will keep an eye now , will monitor...

• KyrieRedKyrieRed Posts: 287 ★★
    wSWeaponX wrote: »
    Is it already time for the daily nerf cry post?
    MD fan boy much?
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,731 ★★★★★
    Xthea9 wrote: »
    I ain't read this.

Your response doesn't seems professional, if you didn't read this , please don't comment, but magically you know what is this post about then be constructive and enlighten us with your vast knowledge as you know the game system too well.

Thanks otter , nice post , I will keep an eye now , will monitor...

Everytime I see a thread created by the OP I already know that is a troll post.
    This one is the same. I read it. Is exactly the same thing that was discussed in the past.
    There is no bug and is working as intended.
  • bentoddfredbentoddfred Posts: 50
    Great post, thanks for this! I have zero hope that anything will be done because MD is such a cash cow. But kudos for calling out their hypocrisy in an effective fashion.
  • LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★
    The wording is moot as Kabam has fully described in detail how Hood and MD both work. They do not work the same and "expire" means something different in the two cases. The best possible outcome you will get from this is Kabam changing a single word. Not really worth the time or effort I think.
  • MEŦAPħҰSMEŦAPħҰS Posts: 340 ★★
    edited August 2017
    great post, though a bit loquacious! i use md and a mystic dominate defense just to be a part of the head ache (lol). i have great non-mystic options, but when in rome (tier 1), do as the romans do!

i like this post because in stead of "crying nerf" as many are leading too, it is basically explaining that there are conflicting definitions of the word "expire" and there seems to be a double standard.

the link between the two that the OP brought to light, like he said, would either make the hood godly, or make md more manageable if "expire" meant the same thing across the board. imo, making MD more manageable would put it more in line with the other class masteries and lets face it, hood's ability to regen is insulting; a sig 99 hood would only regen 172 points only if stagger times out. how often does stagger actually time out?
  • Viper1987Viper1987 Posts: 728 ★★★
    Can people stop posting that there is no bug and this is working as intended? That was not the purpose of this thread. Please pay attention.
  • edited August 2017
    We've talked about this many times before.

Unfortunately, just because two things are worded similarly doesn't mean they mean the same thing. Yes, that sounds bizarre, but when we have stated over and over that Mystic Dispersion is working as intended, and that Hood's Stagger is working as intended, it means that they are working as intended.

However, i will ask the team to look into changing the description of Mystic Dispersion to be more clear in the future.

Closing this thread down.
This discussion has been closed.