**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Why hate on Karnak?

Fred_JoeityFred_Joeity Posts: 1,168 ★★★
Why does everyone say Karnak sucks? I mean, he crits most of the time while focused, giving him pretty decent damage, his sp2 can go pretty high damage wise, he has true strike from the sp1, and ability accuracy reduction from the sp3. I get that he’s not exactly a MCOC god, but why does everyone rank him as bottom tier?

Comments

• WrathfulRavenWrathfulRaven Posts: 74
    He does so little damage at the start of the fight until he gets focused and can crit regularly, even then his damage really isn’t that great as his crit multiplier is low, his sp2 does little unless they are low on health and even then it’s not amazing, the only thing he really has is truestrike and Daze on the sp3. Biggest problem is his damage output. He’s decent against evasion champs but even then there are better options such as KM. He’s better when paired with Medusa and BB at least. Considering I have the 6* I have a bit of experience with a higher ranked one and he is pretty much a diversity champ.
  • johara84johara84 Posts: 145
    He was my last 6* so I use him a little bit now as i had a r5 Medusa. He's okay, better than I originally thought. The problem is there are quite a few chaps that do everything he does, but better.
  • XxLoganTDCxXXxLoganTDCxX Posts: 2,561 ★★★★
    Corvus can crit without having to focus. He wont lose his crits if he gets hit once.
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    His damage output is low, true strike doesn’t last nearly long enough, and getting to his L3 for a 60% DAAR is too tedious. As others have said he’s just outdated and there’s numerous champs better than him.
  • Toj37Toj37 Posts: 68
    Having to use him even a little bit for the Fury quest in this last round showed me how bad he was. Even his useful things are done poorly as other people have said. You try to get his true strike going to stop some pesky evades, just to have your opponent evade the first part of his sp1 and land attacks during the second part, making the whole thing pointless.
  • Fred_JoeityFred_Joeity Posts: 1,168 ★★★
    Fair enough. I’m just asking because I used him in the fury event, and although he was pretty much useless against fury himself, he was pretty decent cannon fodder for everything else
  • JustapilgrimJustapilgrim Posts: 239 ★★
    He was better before Kabam released all of the True Strike champions they have out now.
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Why hate, because he’s not good
  • PaytoPlayPaytoPlay Posts: 762 ★★★
    edited March 2019
    Karnak reminds me of street fighter Dan... just because he can shoot a fireball doesn't mean he doesn't suck.

At least Dan is funny.

• WhathappenedWhathappened Posts: 747 ★★★
    Like others have said, what he does he doesn't do well enough. Needs higher damage and longer true strike. He was my first 6* and I about cried..lol. if you could maintain his true strike easily then he might have some usefulness but even then he's outshined by champs like Killmonger. I wish he was better or at least useful.
  • Anurag1606Anurag1606 Posts: 1,172 ★★★
    Please don't start such threads maybe, so that they get an idea that he doesn't need buffs. He absolutely needs it. True strike? That's laughable. Hardly it stays for 1 combo? Damage? It's just okay damage even if he Crits. No much other utilities or immunities. That way iron fist is great with armour breaks and damage. Karnak seriously needs an update to match current meta.
  • ConnectConnect Posts: 197
    I pulled him on my 5* Crystal we got the past few days ago I was really disappointed the only way I was able to cool down was imagining lucky it wasn’t my duped iron patriot or colossus getting another 5* dupe
  • ConnectConnect Posts: 197

• KpatrixKpatrix Posts: 1,055 ★★★
    If they would add an auto block after his L1 it would be great. As it is, half the time you use L1 you get combo’d right after because his recovery is so slow. I still like him, he fits in well on a few synergy teams and has his uses, just get tired of being pummeled after firing L1.