**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

is deep wounds worth investing in?

scxoxoscxoxo Posts: 109
i currently have 1 point in dw and 2 in assassin. just yesterday i pulled a 5* domino, which is why i’m considering dw. i also have a 5/50 domino and 4/40 aa, but other than that i don’t have good bleed champs. i don’t grind arena so i won’t get units frequently, meaning that i won’t be able to quickly max both assassin and dw. should i continue with assassin or put a few points in deep wounds?

Comments

• scxoxoscxoxo Posts: 109

yes yes yes

even better than assassin? i don’t have a lot of bleed champs
  • Fred_JoeityFred_Joeity Posts: 1,168 ★★★
    I’d say yes, but Assassins is a bit better since it applies to all champs while deep wounds is only really effective with short bleeds. Max both of them if you can
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    Deep wounds is a much better investment than assassin in my own humble opinion. A lot of great attackers use bleeds, like Blade, GP, Sabretooth, Domino, AA, Hawkeye, X-23, etc. It helps to give their bleeds a lot extra damage and effectiveness. While you may not have a lot of these champs now they will be ready to go once you get them.
  • REiiGN15REiiGN15 Posts: 120
    I think it's so weird ppl just don't do arena that much, IT GIVES YOU THE MOST THINGS the game has to offer. ISO, units, gold, champions, etc.
    Arenas a bit tedious though. But if you don’t have enough units, just keep saving. You should be able to get the 800 or so units you need to unlock the next level by the time you get your next mastery point just by doing eq and story
    V1PER1987 said:

Deep wounds is a much better investment than assassin in my own humble opinion. A lot of great attackers use bleeds, like Blade, GP, Sabretooth, Domino, AA, Hawkeye, X-23, etc. It helps to give their bleeds a lot extra damage and effectiveness. While you may not have a lot of these champs now they will be ready to go once you get them.

so even now without many bleed champs it would still be worth putting points in more than assassin?
    REiiGN15 said:

I think it's so weird ppl just don't do arena that much, IT GIVES YOU THE MOST THINGS the game has to offer. ISO, units, gold, champions, etc.

i know a lot of people do arena, i usually do the first 2 milestones but i am rather busy and don’t have much time to grind, so i rely on quests

I’d say yes, but Assassins is a bit better since it applies to all champs while deep wounds is only really effective with short bleeds. Max both of them if you can

that’s what i plan to do in the future yes, but at this point in time i’m assuming that assassin would be better to invest in first?
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    I would say if you have at least 2-3 champs you consistently use who have bleed, then yes it’s worth it. Deep wounds increases your damage output of those champs significantly and you don’t have to do anything extra, just fight normally with those champs. If you really only have Domino and AA then maybe not. If I had those two, I would but that’s just me. DW helps AA’s bleeds last longer, which gives you more time to trigger poisons to setup neurotoxins. That’s in addition to the bleeds themselves lasting longer and doing more damage. For me personally I think DW is a top 3 mastery and assassin isn’t.
    Assassins is also mostly useful against giant health pools, while deep wounds is good with most bleed champs. I’m personally going for assassins since my bleed champions all have longer bleeds, making it slightly less useful. It works wonders with short bleeds like blade sp2 and Carnage though. Really all depends on your roster and preferences
  • LordRaymondLordRaymond Posts: 33
    With most fights, assassin is kind if useless, only activates at 18%. At this point, the fight is basically over 😐
  • G0311G0311 Posts: 913 ★★★
    Yes absolutely, I've changed my masteries many times trying different things, and what I found out is DW max is staple for damage put.
  • G0311G0311 Posts: 913 ★★★

With most fights, assassin is kind if useless, only activates at 18%. At this point, the fight is basically over 😐

Not on hard content or enemies with big health pools or if they have unblockable at the end or regen at the end. Remember also lowers the enemy's , ability accuracy. I've had 5 in mine but now 4. I've noticed a big difference when not having it.
  • Ivanka_HumpalotIvanka_Humpalot Posts: 51
    If you don't use bleed champs then obviously Deep Wounds isn't going to do anything for you. But if you have and want to make the most out of.... Blade, GwenPool, Carnage, Venom, Black Panther, Drax, Wolverine, X-23, Aegon, Medusa, Gamora, Domino, Killmonger, Deadpool, Sabretooth aka some of the best champs in the game, then absolutely Deep Wounds is worth it. Personally I have 5/5 in Deep Wounds and only 1/5 in Assassinate because the first point in the latter is worth more than the other 4 points. Some champs benefit a lot more from deep wounds than others but it's always good. Blade, Archangel, GwenPool, Carnage, Medusa and Domino are especially reliant on it. If you don't have any of them, then, it's probably safe not to worry about it. Domino, Archangel, and Blade are my top 3 champs so maybe I'm biased.
  • Ivanka_HumpalotIvanka_Humpalot Posts: 51
    oh I forgot it was also amazing with Elektra. She was my first rank 4 5*...
  • Ryuichi_01Ryuichi_01 Posts: 123
    REiiGN15 said:

At least we manage our time correctly.
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,655 ★★★★★

REiiGN15 said:

At least we manage our time correctly.
    Agrees it is hard to juggle type of game mode to play with limited time. For this month, I hardly play the monthly EQ.
  • SDPSDP Posts: 1,622 ★★★★
    One point in Assassin is pretty valuable.

If you don't use bleed champs then obviously Deep Wounds isn't going to do anything for you. But if you have and want to make the most out of.... Blade, GwenPool, Carnage, Venom, Black Panther, Drax, Wolverine, X-23, Aegon, Medusa, Gamora, Domino, Killmonger, Deadpool, Sabretooth aka some of the best champs in the game, then absolutely Deep Wounds is worth it. Personally I have 5/5 in Deep Wounds and only 1/5 in Assassinate because the first point in the latter is worth more than the other 4 points. Some champs benefit a lot more from deep wounds than others but it's always good. Blade, Archangel, GwenPool, Carnage, Medusa and Domino are especially reliant on it. If you don't have any of them, then, it's probably safe not to worry about it. Domino, Archangel, and Blade are my top 3 champs so maybe I'm biased.

if domino is the only bleed champ in my main roster then is deep wounds still worth it? i have an unduped 4/40 aa that i use occasionally... or should i put my mastery points elsewhere?
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,645 ★★★★★
    There arent many masteries that make a lick of difference.

Get deep wounds.
  • Skrull_LordSkrull_Lord Posts: 11
    edited August 2019
    I only have AA, and Killmonger. They are by far my MVP's because of Deep Wounds. It doesn't take 10 champs to make it worth it, that's what great about Deep Wounds, just 2 or 3 good ones and your set.
  • Denslo500Denslo500 Posts: 900 ★★★
    Definitely get Deep Wounds.
  • I've tried lots of different mastery builds, Deep wounds maxed moved most bleed champs to the top of your lineup. plus lots of champs have bleed on specials and you will be surprised how many it effects.
  • Mainer123Mainer123 Posts: 527 ★★
    If you like your bleed champs. Absolutely get deep wounds