**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Compensation on losing War against Cheaters

I have been playing this game recently and during an AW we came across an alliance full of cheaters. We complained but obviously didn't know if any action was taken or not.
Whatever this be we lost the war and few days later I found that some guys whom we suspected were inactive for many days(banned maybe).

So all I want to say that we lost War Rating, Points as well as Shards and other resources.
So with the new season coming (whenever), wouldn't it be nice for Kabam to compensate those who have lost unfairly.
We sincerely put all our efforts in that war but it's a past thing now. Still we need to think for future.

Just a Thought.

Comments

• Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Posts: 1,503 ★★★★★
    It doesn't make sense that the win bonus isn't rewarded to the alliance that got cheated out of a W. They can identify who cheated in what war but can't reward the points like a forfeit? Doesn't make sense to me but it is what it is. Would like to see it changed but not up to us.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    There's a diffference between losing from cheating and winning by default.
  • ap4057ap4057 Posts: 28
    edited March 2019

Bro can you defeat a 5*R3 Thor Ragnarok as boss with a 3*R3Champion(I don't remember which but it was cosmic) whose rating is around 1300. Not forgetting that there were many good champs before the boss too. If played fairly these guys wouldn't have passed the first node leave alone the boss and it meant around 50k points for these people. If they didn't scored this we would have won that one pretty easily.
    I'm not debating if they cheated or not. I wasn't there. I'm saying there's a difference from winning and winning Rewards by default because someone else cheated. That in itself is a whole other contest. Lol. Just play and hunt the cheater for Rewards.
    It's not possible to gauge whether people would have won or not, even if one side cheated. They adjust cheating in a way that does compensate the other side in the overall system. They just don't get Rewards for the Win.
    I get where you're coming from, I do. I had to send a Report for the first time last Season. I didn't know for sure, but anyone that runs through a 30k Korg and a 40k Domino with R5 4*s and doesn't bat an eyelash, has my eyebrow up. Truth is, they might not have. I just sent it and let them do their job. If they are, things will be adjusted in the end.
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    ap4057 said:

Bro can you defeat a 5*R3 Thor Ragnarok as boss with a 3*R3Champion(I don't remember which but it was cosmic) whose rating is around 1300. Not forgetting that there were many good champs before the boss too. If played fairly these guys wouldn't have passed the first node leave alone the boss and it meant around 50k points for these people. If they didn't scored this we would have won that one pretty easily.
    yes. A 3* vision can own a 5* rank 3 thor rag for example if you are good at intercept. That is just an example. you have not described any cheating, just speculation.
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    In addition how do you know what champ they used againt your thor, I mean did they only have that one champ on their team? a lot of players will take a 3 or 4* champ in for synergies.
    Lormif said:

ap4057 said:

yes. A 3* vision can own a 5* rank 3 thor rag for example if you are good at intercept. That is just an example. you have not described any cheating, just speculation.
    I agree that highly skilled players can do that, but the guy I am taking about had all 3* and the best part not a single damage.
    All his champs were at max health. Now beating a 15k boss with a 1.3k attacker without a single damage in one go.
    That's not possible, not even blocking damage.
    edited March 2019
    Lormif said:

In addition how do you know what champ they used againt your thor, I mean did they only have that one champ on their team? a lot of players will take a 3 or 4* champ in for synergies.

Okay yes I don't remember the exact champ but name a champ using which the same feat could be achieved: "Kill the boss at 15k+ with a 1.5k champ in a single match and taking zero damage"
    All 3 champs at max health and he was the only one to reach that far meaning he must have defeated few other champs near the boss too which are usually highly buffed.
    Plus those were that guy's best champions and his PI was not much high but he had completed Act3. His arena streak was also kinda high(30+).

I don't remember the name amd I know I'm not allowed to tell it so this post is probably not a violation of any policy.
    And my main point here is that whether compensation should be rewarded or not.

Leave my story, it's a long time ago (Season 7), I'm talking in general whether such actions should be taken or not.
    Reinstating War Rating, Adjusting points, Giving the shards& other stuffs and all that.
  • Sixshot1Sixshot1 Posts: 459 ★★
    ap4057 said:

And my main point here is that whether compensation should be rewarded or not.

Leave my story, it's a long time ago (Season 7), I'm talking in general whether such actions should be taken or not.
    Reinstating War Rating, Adjusting points, Giving the shards& other stuffs and all that.

No, I personally don't think you should be awarded a free win because the other side cheated. That's not fair to everyone that DIDN'T go up against cheaters. However, I think you at least shouldn't lose war rating for the loss.
  • Kabam LyraKabam Lyra Posts: 2,936 ★★★
    Hi @ap4057

I'm sorry if you had a frustrating experience with your war opponent. We are always working to ensure fairness in The Contest. Unfortunately though, it isn't practical to be able to say who may have hypothetically won a particular war and give compensation based upon that. Apologies if this is disappointing, but we wish you the best of luck in your future wars!
This discussion has been closed.