**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Is this game becoming too difficult and frustrating (and not fun anymore) for the average summoner?

I have been playing this game for over 2 years and I absolutely love it. This is the only game I play on my phone and invest a lot of time in it. But lately I feel that Kabam is raising the difficulty bar in many of the quests so high that this game doesn't feel fun to play sometimes.

For example, the recent Nick Fury's Recon Initiative quest boss fight is designed so poorly that you end up spending a lot of units and yet you can't get past the boss (the final unblockable phase is super frustrating). Ofcourse there are many players for whom this fight is very easy, but again they make up maybe 1% of the summoners. I, like most of the summoners out there, am an average player. So why is Kabam focusing on the top 1% and ignoring the majority? This is really upsetting and frustrating and making many players quit this game. Kabam should know where to draw the line between fun and frustration, and I really hope they do. Because at the end of they day we want this game to be fun and enjoyable and not something that frustrates you and makes you want to throw your phone.

Comments

• RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,369 ★★★★★
    They announced that this year they are focusing on releasing content geared towards end game players
  • ClydaniaClydania Posts: 440 ★★
    edited March 2019

GP can do well, DoT. Sentinel as well. Where most content now has Intercept as a common theme, Unblockable is the opposite. Only attack when they're not attacking. TBH, I'd fight Fury 10x over before I'd fight KP. Can't stand him. Lol.

KP was easy. Bait Sp1 . 0 skill required
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    Clydania said:

GP can do well, DoT. Sentinel as well. Where most content now has Intercept as a common theme, Unblockable is the opposite. Only attack when they're not attacking. TBH, I'd fight Fury 10x over before I'd fight KP. Can't stand him. Lol.

KP was easy once you got a cycle going and could keep him in sp1, before that he was tough, and his block damage was very high... He did not have extra power gain so keeping him right was difficult and meant taking a lot of block damage for most people.

Nick was easy, searously the easiest of the 4. Most of his damage was minor, his sp1 was a joke as long as you dodged the first hit which was easy. Save your specials for when he goes unblockable and he is dead.
  • Nas101Nas101 Posts: 17

I'm by no means an end game player, but I finished all those missions for maybe 90 units? Those were spent on energy containers, because I was impatient mind you.

Most people tend to get extremely defensive, when it comes to this, but this sounds like a skill issue, moreso than like a difficulty issue.

How much do you think have your skills improved over the course of the last few months? There will always be new game mechanics or new variations and combinations of existing ones to pose new and unknown challenges. Being able to anticipate is key here.

To be honest, I absolutely disagree with the idea that the game became more difficult.

Because you have the skills needed to beat him. But most of the players don't. That is what I'm trying to say. They are making it so difficult that only expert players (skill wise not rating wise) can complete them.
    Nas101 said:

I'm by no means an end game player, but I finished all those missions for maybe 90 units? Those were spent on energy containers, because I was impatient mind you.

Most people tend to get extremely defensive, when it comes to this, but this sounds like a skill issue, moreso than like a difficulty issue.

How much do you think have your skills improved over the course of the last few months? There will always be new game mechanics or new variations and combinations of existing ones to pose new and unknown challenges. Being able to anticipate is key here.

To be honest, I absolutely disagree with the idea that the game became more difficult.

Because you have the skills needed to beat him. But most of the players don't. That is what I'm trying to say. They are making it so difficult that only expert players (skill wise not rating wise) can complete them.
    1) I am not an expert player, a good player, but an not an expert player, my intercepts are only about 70% of the time.

2) you are saying they are making it so only expert players can beat epic difficulty without units and somehow that is a bad thing? You are pointing our your own problems, you are expecting to be able to do the hardest content easily, as in no units, while only being an average player.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Nas101 said:

I have been playing this game for over 2 years and I absolutely love it. This is the only game I play on my phone and invest a lot of time in it. But lately I feel that Kabam is raising the difficulty bar in many of the quests so high that this game doesn't feel fun to play sometimes.

For example, the recent Nick Fury's Recon Initiative quest boss fight is designed so poorly that you end up spending a lot of units and yet you can't get past the boss (the final unblockable phase is super frustrating). Ofcourse there are many players for whom this fight is very easy, but again they make up maybe 1% of the summoners. I, like most of the summoners out there, am an average player. So why is Kabam focusing on the top 1% and ignoring the majority? This is really upsetting and frustrating and making many players quit this game. Kabam should know where to draw the line between fun and frustration, and I really hope they do. Because at the end of they day we want this game to be fun and enjoyable and not something that frustrates you and makes you want to throw your phone.

So if I am reading this right, you are saying that there shouldn't be an epic level at all, it should stop at master level, or they should nerf the epic level so that average players can do the hardest content. Having an epic level that is difficult means Kabam is focusing on the top 1%.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,191 ★★★★★
    Clydania said:

Define easy. I've never liked fighting him. Some might find it easy, not everyone.
  • Stagedear85Stagedear85 Posts: 774 ★★★
    I agree but in most case kabam is a business and that 1% keeps the light on not saying that average players like my self don't spend from time to time but most players that's in that 1% are big whale that spend what I make in a month on Grandmaster crystals I've seen a video one guy open 800 crystals just to get Nick fury do the math on how much money that one guy spent. Kabam has to make the game interesting to those players also to keep them around and keep them happy since they're the big spenders.
    Lormif said:

Nas101 said:

1) I am not an expert player, a good player, but an not an expert player, my intercepts are only about 70% of the time.

2) you are saying they are making it so only expert players can beat epic difficulty without units and somehow that is a bad thing? You are pointing our your own problems, you are expecting to be able to do the hardest content easily, as in no units, while only being an average player.
    1) ofcourse it's my own problem. I get frustrated by these annoying poor game designs
    2) ofcourse it's a bad thing. cash grab fiesta is definitely a bad thing
  • Doc_HollamonDoc_Hollamon Posts: 173
    KP was the easiest boss. It’s so easy to just bait that sp1 I love fighting him in aq or anywhere else because I know I’m going to destroy him with little effort. I had trouble with Mr Sinister only because I didn’t read his abilities. I used x23 so his sp1 would send all the bleeds stacks to me. Once I read his bio and realized what was happening I would put bleed stacks on him then stop one hit away from his sp1. I would let them fall off then hit him once to put him over the threshold. I would then bait it and rinse and repeat. Nick was hard I really had to learn to intercept and I quit about 15 times before I beat him but each time I got practice
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Nas101 said:

Lormif said:

Nas101 said:

1) ofcourse it's my own problem. I get frustrated by these annoying poor game designs
    The fact it's hard for you does not make it poor design
    I really wish people would stop saying that as a blanket statement. It might have been easy for you, but you're not playing for everyone. I don't find him easy. I can't stand fighting him. Never did like it. Perhaps the day may come when I find it easy, but one person's experience is not the same as another's.
    Nas101 said:

Lormif said:

Nas101 said:

1) it is not poor game designs, you are *not* suposed to be able to beat the hardest content in the game as an average player without units at all. That is *good* game design, if you could do what you want you would give up the game pretty quickly, because it would be boring, and they would not make money.

2) How is optional content a cash grab fiesta.. It is obvious you do not have the skill level to complete it, and you know this, so why are you still attempting it and blaming them for you not having the skill to complete it?

Nas101 said:

Lormif said:

Nas101 said:

something not fun and is frustrating = definitely poor game design
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★

I really wish people would stop saying that as a blanket statement. It might have been easy for you, but you're not playing for everyone. I don't find him easy. I can't stand fighting him. Never did like it. Perhaps the day may come when I find it easy, but one person's experience is not the same as another's.

And I really wish mid game players would stop complain about the most difficult levels of content being too hard for them.

Neither is likely to happen

And I really wish mid game players would stop complain about the most difficult levels of content being too hard for them.

Neither is likely to happen
    I'd like to know how you got that from me saying I don't like fighting KP.
    Everyone has Champs they struggle with. Those can be different from others. Let's get off the Soapbox.
  • imaginejimimaginejim Posts: 333 ★★
    Nas101 said:

Lormif said:

Nas101 said:

1. It isn't poor game design. It is game design meant to appeal to players at different levels. Just because you or another average player are not at the level or skill to be able to beat every bit of content, doesn't mean the game is designed bad. Again, this is good game design. For the longest time, I could only beat the Heroic EQ, and Master wrecked me. Now, Master is easy and I can complete but not fully explore Uncollected EQ. As I get better and my roster gets better, I will be able to do that and maybe finish Act 5, Start Act 6, do variant, what have you. The game has to appeal to players at all levels and provide content for players at all levels. What if everything moving forward was as easy as beginner or normal EQ? You'd get bored. But newer players may still not be able to beat that level of content, so maybe they come on the boards and say, "HEY, normal level is too hard. Make the game easier for me otherwise this is just bad game design!"

2. It is only a cash grab Fiesta if you are unable to complete harder content, aren't ready to accept that yet, and try to buy your way through the content.

Nas101 said:

Nas101 said:

Lormif said:

Nas101 said:

something not fun and is frustrating = definitely poor game design
    Me:I am registering to win the heavyweight boxing championship
    registrar: have you trained, are you any good
    Me: no, I should not have to, an average person should be able to do it...

You are doing the hardest content, content that is not made for the average player, and failing, thinking you should be able to do everything.. You shouldnt.

Nas101 said:

Lormif said:

Nas101 said:

1. It isn't poor game design. It is game design meant to appeal to players at different levels. Just because you or another average player are not at the level or skill to be able to beat every bit of content, doesn't mean the game is designed bad. Again, this is good game design. For the longest time, I could only beat the Heroic EQ, and Master wrecked me. Now, Master is easy and I can complete but not fully explore Uncollected EQ. As I get better and my roster gets better, I will be able to do that and maybe finish Act 5, Start Act 6, do variant, what have you. The game has to appeal to players at all levels and provide content for players at all levels. What if everything moving forward was as easy as beginner or normal EQ? You'd get bored. But newer players may still not be able to beat that level of content, so maybe they come on the boards and say, "HEY, normal level is too hard. Make the game easier for me otherwise this is just bad game design!"

2. It is only a cash grab Fiesta if you are unable to complete harder content, aren't ready to accept that yet, and try to buy your way through the content.

There is difference between "hard" and "frustrating"
  • SDPSDP Posts: 1,622 ★★★★
    Nobody should have spent that many units on the Fury event. The paths are so short that restarting and getting some practice in is far more beneficial and economical.

These posts are endless, but honestly more often than not it is on the player. If you dropped a bunch of units trying to smash through content you couldn’t handle, then that is your own fault.

I farm. I save. I do arena. I collect boosts. I’ve spent time and effort building my roster. I currently have over 100 potions in the stash. Why? Because I prepare for difficult content, and like to minimize my losses.

Challenging content is why I play the game. If you can’t do it, then you can’t do it. Plain and simple.
  • imaginejimimaginejim Posts: 333 ★★
    Nas101 said:

Nas101 said:

Lormif said:

Nas101 said:

There is difference between "hard" and "frustrating"
    Correct. "Frustrating" is trying to tackle content not meant for your level and progress in the game.

Nobody should have spent that many units on the Fury event. The paths are so short that restarting and getting some practice in is far more beneficial and economical.

These posts are endless, but honestly more often than not it is on the player. If you dropped a bunch of units trying to smash through content you couldn’t handle, then that is your own fault.

I farm. I save. I do arena. I collect boosts. I’ve spent time and effort building my roster. I currently have over 100 potions in the stash. Why? Because I prepare for difficult content, and like to minimize my losses.

Challenging content is why I play the game. If you can’t do it, then you can’t do it. Plain and simple.

I mean, I get both sides. I see some truth in this as well. The OP has the right to be heard. If they feel it was too much, that's their experience, and they can say that. I also agree with this. It's hard to walk away sometimes when you're frustrated and trying to push through, but you have to know when to gauge for yourself whether it's worth it or not. It's much easier for me to weigh the Rewards for the effort than it is to go broke on Units.
  • SDPSDP Posts: 1,622 ★★★★
    edited March 2019

I mean, I get both sides. I see some truth in this as well. The OP has the right to be heard. If they feel it was too much, that's their experience, and they can say that. I also agree with this. It's hard to walk away sometimes when you're frustrated and trying to push through, but you have to know when to gauge for yourself whether it's worth it or not. It's much easier for me to weigh the Rewards for the effort than it is to go broke on Units.
    I’d be lying if I said that I haven’t gotten stubborn and frustrated and tried to smash through stuff while spending way more than I should’ve, but I never blamed the game. It was very clear to me that I was at fault. Some really tough battles threw me off my game, and I got sucked in. This is an experience that I’ve tried to learn from. Hence, the intense preparation. I never wanna get backed into a corner again. That’s on me.