**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

22.1 Discussion Thread [Version 21.1.1 Available Now]

Version 22.1 is coming your way on April 3rd! Find out what's new in our release notes here.
Post edited by Kabam Miike on

Comments

• BendyBendy Posts: 3,131 ★★★★★
    That human torch might make war a completely something new with the ability he has ????
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,731 ★★★★★
    How much time till the update becomes mandatory?
    Asking for those who are going be unable to update on old devices
  • RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,369 ★★★★★
    Mixalis said:

Human Torch able to trigger an ability before a fight that can completely turn the tables on us???

I will take Unblockable for 500 pts Alex lol

Unstoppable and degeneration lol
    Those were gonna be my next pick for round 2 and 3 😂😂😂
  • project314project314 Posts: 67
    Maybe a new mechanic, you choose which state Human Torch starts the fight in. Each one has its attributes...
  • abe7474abe7474 Posts: 9
    What mastery descriptions are being updated for "clarity"?
  • MasterSmokeMasterSmoke Posts: 547 ★★★
    When will y’all fix the crystal opening & level up lag glitch or whatever it is
  • BowTieJohnBowTieJohn Posts: 2,360 ★★★★
    If he is the first of the two in the Arenas I will definitely go for him as I'm hoping to get all 4 members of the Fantastic Four. This month sounds fun!
  • Maldroit2Maldroit2 Posts: 739 ★★★
    You want something that changes the tables? How about fighting with another champ in your party? More likely than say unblockable
  • Mqc19Mqc19 Posts: 366 ★★★
    Would of loved to see some additional information posted on new variant - rewards and what not.

Also, when should we expect to see some additional champion reworks! Everyone is asking and no one is getting clarity. How about rework calendar? Only fair in order for people plan resource/reward use from completing things like ‘variant’. Simple ask! Please and thank you
  • DjrbDjrb Posts: 17
    Who’s coming to contest first ? Need to plan my arena grind.
  • BrainimpacterBrainimpacter Posts: 578 ★★★
    edited March 2019
    so we can switch to his fire form before fight? will it be on refresh timer, so you cant start every fight with it or do we have to do something specific in a fight to make it available for the next fight?
  • BrainimpacterBrainimpacter Posts: 578 ★★★
    or is it just like Emma Frost except you get to pick what form to start in.
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,655 ★★★★★
    edited March 2019

I think it is better to assume that update is mandatory on 1st April itself.

http://kabam.force.com/PKB/articles/en_US/FAQ/Unsupported-Devices

I may also be facing difficulties with this requirement.

• Mqc19 said:

Would of loved to see some additional information posted on new variant - rewards and what not.

Also, when should we expect to see some additional champion reworks! Everyone is asking and no one is getting clarity. How about rework calendar? Only fair in order for people plan resource/reward use from completing things like ‘variant’. Simple ask! Please and thank you

That'll be coming next week! Don't worry, we won't leave you in the dark too long.
  • so we can switch to his fire form before fight? will it be on refresh timer, so you cant start every fight with it or do we have to do something specific in a fight to make it available for the next fight?

I can't break that news just yet, but you'll find out when his Spotlight goes live!
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,033 ★★★★★
    How is the variant gone work do ther get a separate now becasse it migt be time for that els it migt get to cloudy @Kabam Miike
  • Crine60Crine60 Posts: 1,384 ★★★★

Is the device OS just my version of Android?
  • BenLucasBenLucas Posts: 69
    Can we please have some clarity on this? What sort of timing? Which champs will be most likely affected?? And why?

• winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,655 ★★★★★
    Crine60 said:

Is the device OS just my version of Android?

Affecting also iOS. See announcement in url below.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/125499/ending-support-for-android-4-3-1-and-ios-8

• JimmyBJimmyB Posts: 206 ★★
    How about an update when you're planning on fixing pure skill and inequity. Or returning our units for a broken mastery that hasn't worked in over 2 years. That's the question everyone should be asking.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,280 ★★★★★
    edited March 2019

Maybe a new mechanic, you choose which state Human Torch starts the fight in. Each one has its attributes...

Could be, I suppose:

Form 1: Living flame so intense it can melt steel, disintegrate living tissue or ignite the atmosphere.

Form 2: Just some guy.

😁
  • RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,369 ★★★★★
    What bout quake dropping her heavy and watching while i try to do a heavy but wont trigger??? She is able to do heavy after the stun wears off
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★

BenLucas said:

Can we please have some clarity on this? What sort of timing? Which champs will be most likely affected?? And why?

It will affect All Champions, but not in a negative fashion! This update should bring all devices in line with each other, so there are less inconsistencies in abilities and controls activating (ie. Parry timing, etc.). For the most part, this shouldn't really change anything for users on Newer/High end devices, but will make the game more consistent for players on older devices.
    One more question... Why change your avatar to Mr. Super Effective himself?
  • SparkAlotSparkAlot Posts: 957 ★★★★
    edited April 2019

It will affect All Champions, but not in a negative fashion! This update should bring all devices in line with each other, so there are less inconsistencies in abilities and controls activating (ie. Parry timing, etc.). For the most part, this shouldn't really change anything for users on Newer/High end devices, but will make the game more consistent for players on older devices.

Just to be clear here, this isn't meant to fix that some champs can't fire off their special right after a 5 hit combo, since the AI throws up a block immediately preventing that?

Testing Killmonger's SP2, and they just throw up a block, I can't hit the special button any faster, and I have a finger over the special button so I can hit it as fast as humanly possible.
  • SparkAlot said:

Just to be clear here, this isn't meant to fix that some champs can't fire off their special right after a 5 hit combo, since the AI throws up a block immediately preventing that?

Testing Killmonger's SP2, and they just throw up a block, I can't hit the special button any faster, and I have a finger over the special button so I can it it as fast as humanly possible.
    No, but that is a different issue. Those are not "global issues" as they affect one Champion at a time, and that one Champion will have to be looked into. I'll report Killmonger right now, but can you let me know what device and OS you're seeing this on?