**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Did the Unblockable SP1 node change?

ẞlооdẞlооd Posts: 2,005 ★★★★

This is what it used to say.

This is what it says now.

Does anyone know if this is a change to the node, or just a more in-depth description? I wanna say it hasn't changed because I'm pretty sure in the past I've evaded the beginning of unblockable SP's and blocked the rest, but my memory is a little hazy..

Comments

• SmashSmash Posts: 808 ★★★
    It has changed
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,734 ★★★★★
    They already adressed this in another thread.
    The node did not change. The description was changed, in order to better reflect what happens

The node did not change. The description was changed, in order to better reflect what happens

Idk about the other thread or what was addressed but before you could evade the first part of an sp1 and block the rest. But now that’s not happening. So definitely it’s not just the description that has changed.
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    Smash said:

Idk about the other thread or what was addressed but before you could evade the first part of an sp1 and block the rest. But now that’s not happening. So definitely it’s not just the description that has changed.
    You could evade the first part of the attack on an attack and block the rest on an attack that did not shoot things at you, or when the things that short at you were projectiles. You could not block, for example, cyclopes eye beam.
    Lormif said:

Smash said:

You could evade the first part of the attack on an attack and block the rest on an attack that did not shoot things at you, or when the things that short at you were projectiles. You could not block, for example, cyclopes eye beam.
    I’ll use Green Goblin as example. On his sp1 before you could evade the lazer beam and block the rest until he throws that granade thing and evade that. With the description change we can’t do that anymore.
  • ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    edited March 2019
    Smash said:

Lormif said:

Smash said:

I’ll use Green Goblin as example. On his sp1 before you could evade the lazer beam and block the rest until he throws that granade thing and evade that. With the description change we can’t do that anymore.
    @Smash Not true, i just tried act 5.4.6 which has green goblin on unblockable sp1 node on the bane/vitality path, it still works the same way as before where you can evade the first punch and block the lazer beams and also block the grenade as well should you choose to do so.
    Smash said:

Which champ were you fighting that you faced this problem? different champs have different parts of the special that you can and cannot block

Smash said:

Which champ were you fighting that you faced this problem? different champs have different parts of the special that you can and cannot block
    No sorry for the confusion but GG I haven’t tested yet. I was using him as an example. If the description and Lormif are right then we’re not supposed to be able to block any part of GG’s sp1 if he’s on unblockable sp1
    edited March 2019
    Smash said:

Smash said:

No sorry for the confusion but GG I haven’t tested yet. I was using him as an example. If the description and Lormif are right then we’re not supposed to be able to block any part of GG’s sp1 if he’s on unblockable sp1
    well no worries, i am here to inform you that nothing(as far as i know of) has changed about the way we would normally block certain parts of an opponents' special attack. It is simply impossible for the unblockable special description to describe every specific projectile that can or cannot be blocked. Like for winter soldier sp2, both the part you dodge and the part you block involve shooting bullets, there is no way for the description to distinguish the two haha.

Smash said:

Smash said:

well no worries, i am here to inform you that nothing(as far as i know of) has changed about the way we would normally block certain parts of an opponents' special attack.
    Thanks. That is good to know. I wonder why kabam changed the description tho? Why make a description so much longer and confusing while making absolutely no changes to the node? It feels like shortly they will “fix” the bug 😂
  • TreoTreo Posts: 382 ★★
    I expect that they changed the way they discribe it is because there are coming nodes / Abilities that will be have more/other/ different way of unblockable
  • The_OneThe_One Posts: 2,936 ★★★★
    How about classic Spidey S1?
    That used to be you can't block the web shots but can block the punches, is that still the same?
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,035 ★★★★★
    zeezee57 said:

The_One said:

That used to be you can't block the web shots but can block the punches, is that still the same?

Maybe I'm mistaken but I thought that was the opposite. I've fought classic Spidey on enhanced sp1 and blocked the web shots then dashed back to evade the punches.
    That how it works
  • The_OneThe_One Posts: 2,936 ★★★★
    zeezee57 said:

The_One said:

Maybe I'm mistaken but I thought that was the opposite. I've fought classic Spidey on enhanced sp1 and blocked the web shots then dashed back to evade the punches.
    Yeah that's what I meant, my mistake.
    I always used to get him on unblockable S1 mini in war but I've got a different path now
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,645 ★★★★★
    I found it super odd that I could evade the first part of a special in the intel quest, then eat the rest of the it while blocking.

Off topic but it irks me that this kind of **** is only made well known when someone brings it up and also that if you aint on the forum you miss out.