**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Netflix vs Classic

Why do people think Classic DD is better than Netflix? All he has going for him is evade and perfect block, which Netflix has as well, just a lower chance. On the other hand, Netflix has higher crit chance, Armor break on stunned opponents, and physical resistance. Netflix DD looks to be way better in my opinion, unless you only want evade and perfect block, which again, Netflix has as well

Comments

• Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    Love the troll post lol
  • BendyBendy Posts: 3,350 ★★★★★
    Regular dd has more chance to crit than netflix and can evade every projectile which netflix don't and his armor breaj and crit chance is bad since 1 armor break comes from meijm only maybe better if on all basics instead of just medium also sometimes don't armor break 2 he is fruitless loads of times compared to regular dd which makes netflix just terrible than og dd
  • ShinyMew2ShinyMew2 Posts: 187
    Why do people think Classic DD is better than Netflix? All he has going for him is evade and perfect block, which Netflix has as well, just a lower chance. On the other hand, Netflix has higher crit chance, Armor break on stunned opponents, and physical resistance. Netflix DD looks to be way better in my opinion, unless you only want evade and perfect block, which again, Netflix has as well

DD Classic all the way.
  • DAVIDTHDAVIDTH Posts: 224
    Deadbyrd9 wrote: »
    Love the troll post lol

Don't tell me you're one of those people that think that if someone has a different opinion he's automatically a troll...
  • RbvojtikRbvojtik Posts: 113
    One of the main things to consider with champs is utility. What they add to your roster, and what you can use them for that is better than other champs. DDN is an okay champ. He has decent armor breaks (not the best). He has a decent crit rate (not the best). And decent defensive abilities (still not the best). His ability to evade projectiles at 15% is not reliable at all.

Classic DD has the unique ability to evade 100% of projectile specials. This is an entirely unique ability in MCOC, that will find use in every summoner's roster. It is true that he doesn't have the armor break and crit boosts that DDN has, but he has a unique utility that you can't find in other champs.
  • General__RossGeneral__Ross Posts: 157
    I guess I'm a troll for having different opinions. I also like using Spider Gwen and I think Voodoo isn't even close to the best mystic champ. I guess I'm a troll for going against what most people think, but I'd rather have my own opinions than follow the crowd.
    I like the random flags as well.
  • EbbtideEbbtide Posts: 292 ★★
    Unawakened, Daredevil (Netflix) could be better, but when both are Awakened it's clear one is much better.

Daredevil (Classic) reliable evade ability is useful across all battles (Arena, Alliance War, Questing, even Alliance Quest for some). Aside from fights like Agent Venom, Daredevil is great at helping players secure evading attacks through even things like lag, and his ability to 0 Damage Block is quite useful if a Parry timing is off.

Netflix's problem is that his Awakened ability is ineffective. It requires you to take a debuff, and only applies to one debuff. It also feeds Mystic Dispersion, and still does not guarantee stuns on Specials (though both suffer from this problem).

Another problem with Netflix is that he is far more limited in Synergies. Some share both, but not all, so if you build around synergy options he is not an ideal fighter.

Netflix has that minor physical resistance, which is nice, but not enough to make up for his lacking and rare Evade ability.

I had posted this somewhere else as an option to make Daredevil (Netflix) a bit better;
    "I wish his signature ability worked more like a sliding balance, with a relation to an increased Passive.

Passive: 33% Chance to auto Evade Projectile attacks.

Signature: The son of Battlin' Jack Murdock has trained rigorously to condition his body to work through even the most damaging punishment. His ability to Evade is enhanced by his health, but with each reduction by 1/3 it becomes 1/3 less effective. (Basically, at full health, he would have 99% or 100% chance to Evade projectiles, at the crossing of 2/3's remaining health the Evade chance would drop to 66%, and at 1/3 health crossing it would stay at a fixed 33% chance.) Additionally, as his health drops, his anger intensifies, increasing his Critical Rate passively (similar to Elektra) by [insert signature level / flat rate math here]%."

The above makes it like as he fatigues in battle he loses his senses, but he also becomes more determined to win the fight with critical hits. That way he's still not as awesome with projectile evades as Classic, but still has a better chance to evade them and can do more damage without relying on a debuff, and could hopefully do constant stuns from specials when lower on health.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,348 ★★★★★
    edited August 2017
    First off: Netflix Daredevil looks cooler.

They both have their uses; and Unawakened, Netflix Daredevil is definitely superior; although he does need his Physical Resistance increased. He has higher baseline critical rate; although Classic Daredevil gets a higher boost with his Specials. Over the course of a fight, they probably get even numbers of critical hits. He has that basic 15% evade, which certainly kicks in regularly enough to be useful (no one complains about Black Widow's 3% evasion, just because Spiderman does it better!).

Awakened though, Classic Daredevils Evasion is unquestionably a better ability than World on Fire; which at the very least needs a longer duration to be comparable. Classic DD can effectively ignore a large number of Special attacks; even on unblockable nodes. There is simply no comparison between this ability, and a short-term Critical boost.

On a positive note for Netflix DD, the Armour Break does it for me - like most people, I use Parry to get extra stuns in, and can usually stack 4+ Armour Breaks at a time. This makes him a pretty effective champion against opponents reliant on armour.

So, I like Netflix Daredevil. But pound for pound, Classic Daredevil's Evasion is simply far better than World on Fire; and so he's the stronger champion.

I have both 4* champs Awakened, and my heart is with Netflix DD. But my brain is with Classic, so he's the one I ranked up to 4/40. I still get to use Netflix in the arenas...
  • DOKTOROKTOPUSDOKTOROKTOPUS Posts: 1,501 ★★★
    this new players dont get it
    I still like Netflix better, but both are just meh teir.
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    OG DD is far better for his 100% projectile evade chance.
    Netflix DD looks cooler but that’s about all he has going for him.

Everyone’s entitled to their own opinion but objectively, when both are awakened Netflix DD is just worse to use in all content.

DD Classic is definitely above meh tier though, very good option for fighting the collector in 5.2.
    I didn’t use him against Collector any of the 6 times I fought him. Still got by without spending any money, and only used 2 or 3 solo revives each time. The collector’s difficulty is as overblown as the new sentinels in AQ. More people complaining than learning how to play. Both DDs are bottom of the skill class.
  • Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    This thread hurts my head a little. However, I do agree the difficulty of game modes gets overblown when it's a different fighting style and people are stubborn.

I'm curious about the comment "Voodoo isnt even close to the best mystic." I can see someone saying he's not the best, but he's definitely up there.

There's also a difference between 'liking' to use someone, and them being classified in tiers. Off the top of my head, I would probably put Netflix DD, Falcon, and maybe one or two skills at the bottom of the skill class. OG DD maybe somewhere in the middle only because of his unique signature. However, Collector decreases his ability as time goes on, and he's not exactly the hardest hitter.
  • IronFist34IronFist34 Posts: 386 ★★

Everyone’s entitled to their own opinion but objectively, when both are awakened Netflix DD is just worse to use in all content.

DD Classic is definitely above meh tier though, very good option for fighting the collector in 5.2.

Sweet! I'll have to level my 4* one up to at least 4/40 then when I make my Collector run soon. Been watching lots of videos on him, and figured DD would be decent to evade specials
    I don’t think Voodoo is one of the best mystics, not even in top 5.

Like I said, I'm curious. Can you elaborate more?
    My top 5 mystics are (in this order);
    GR, Magik, MS, Dorm, Guillotine
  • IronFist34IronFist34 Posts: 386 ★★
    Primmer79 wrote: »

Like I said, I'm curious. Can you elaborate more?

Awakened Voodoo is awesome...those poison stacks though...
    My top 5 mystics are (in this order);
    GR, Magik, MS, Dorm, Guillotine

Used correctly, I won't argue GR, magik or Dorm. While I would personally slide voodoo in after GR, I can understand the argument. MS and Guillo I would have to disagree. The various utility of voodoo is what bumps him up for me. MS can become better through long quests, but that requires more skill to reach that than voodoo. Guillo doesn't have much utility beyond regen reversal. She regens but its not overly reliable.

Voodoo has guaranteed regen, nullifies buffs, and affects ability accuracy. He may be soft, so the argument can be made that he takes just as much skill to use as MS, however he can deal with block damage with the regen.
    I wouldn’t say any champ takes more skill to use than others, and I personally don’t like Voodoo, because whilst he was being overhyped and overrated back in the day (much like blade was), he just isn’t all that everyone hypes him up to be (much like blade is).
    I wouldn’t say any champ takes more skill to use than others, and I personally don’t like Voodoo, because whilst he was being overhyped and overrated back in the day (much like blade was), he just isn’t all that everyone hypes him up to be (much like blade is).

See I would say some champs take more skill to use, when some players are upset they cant complete a 5 combo and use a special, why can't you change your fighting style?

To me, anything that changes your fighting style or understanding of what they do would take skill. i.e. GR, Voodoo, quake, to me, take skill. I do think some people overhype these champions, but having a mystic what would nullify, apply poison, and reduce evade is big for me, and puts voodoo up there.
  • DD Netflix is bad, but he’s fun to play when duped, I play the game and rank up characters that I like to play and not how good they are.
    IronFist34 wrote: »

Sweet! I'll have to level my 4* one up to at least 4/40 then when I make my Collector run soon. Been watching lots of videos on him, and figured DD would be decent to evade specials

I had mine at 5/50 with full suicides enabled but knocked off about 30-40k damage per revive.
    I didn’t use him against Collector any of the 6 times I fought him. Still got by without spending any money, and only used 2 or 3 solo revives each time. The collector’s difficulty is as overblown as the new sentinels in AQ. More people complaining than learning how to play. Both DDs are bottom of the skill class.
    Well clearing anything without spending money isn’t difficult tbh.
    There’s a fair few skill champs worse than OG DD, and I never said you must use him against the collector, I said he’s one of the better options (or he was way back when 5.2 came out) not sure if others would do better now, he’s just a niche character with a unique signature ability.
    I agree clearing when spending isn’t difficult—just look at Seatin’s channel. However, I fully explored Act 5 without spending.
This discussion has been closed.