**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

How to deal with Buffet

Nitro422Nitro422 Posts: 276
edited April 2019 in Strategy and Tips
Trying to become uncollected and I get to 5.2.3, I'm having trouble with buffet. My team is
Duped AA
Duped Iceman
Blade
Emma frost
Doc oc
All 5*s. My hits don't do a lot damage, that's the problem.

Comments

• RapRap Posts: 3,193 ★★★★
    Only power up attacks do damage. Bleed and poison help. AA a good choice but if.you got psylocke take her for power gain...build your team around power gain...
  • RapRap Posts: 3,193 ★★★★
    Hyperion...anyone who can charge up quick with power gain.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    Use your AA and once you have neurotoxin on the opponent, even if buffet triggers, the opponent doesn’t heal.
  • SDPSDP Posts: 1,622 ★★★★
    Don’t use champs that gain buffs, and don’t dex
  • TKS87TKS87 Posts: 375 ★★★
    Drooped2 said:

That's way more work then just using aa
    I agree, however AA isn't a viable option for every single opponent.

To the OP, AA is your best option against anyone that can Bleed and poison. As was said earlier, he can either shut it down completely or at least block the healing from it if it does trigger. Doc oc can be solid for buffet, as he has a good heal block that will prevent your opponent from healing. I would consider swapping out either Iceman or Emma, as they both serve a very similar role utility wise. I would do iceman as Emma can do a bit more damage with her specials, unless you need iceman for an evade. Bring in another heavy hitter like a Sparky, luke cage or Medusa for example, who can out damage the regen.
  • Nitro422Nitro422 Posts: 276
    So take dex off of my masteries? I have it maxed
    TKS87 said:

Drooped2 said:

To the OP, AA is your best option against anyone that can Bleed and poison. As was said earlier, he can either shut it down completely or at least block the healing from it if it does trigger. Doc oc can be solid for buffet, as he has a good heal block that will prevent your opponent from healing. I would consider swapping out either Iceman or Emma, as they both serve a very similar role utility wise. I would do iceman as Emma can do a bit more damage with her specials, unless you need iceman for an evade. Bring in another heavy hitter like a Sparky, luke cage or Medusa for example, who can out damage the regen.
    I have maxed sparky and Medusa as 4*, I'll try them. And to be sure, you said don't bring iceman?
  • ThesurvivlistThesurvivlist Posts: 195
    Nitro422 said:

Try to intercept more.

Nitro422 said:

Try to intercept more.
    I already don't evade a lot, I'm better at parry and intercept. I kick their butt and hardly do any damage
  • Fred_JoeityFred_Joeity Posts: 1,168 ★★★

Nitro422 said:

Try to intercept more.
    You only really need 1 mastery point in dex. Any other levels don’t really do much. Sorry for the off topic comment
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    Avoid using champs like duped Medusa (her constant fury buffs will trigger Buffet every time) and Hype (every power gain will trigger it). Iceman's Ice shield also triggers buffet.

The only time you want to bring a champ with buffs is when they can either heal block or out-damage the regeneration from Buffet. Hype and Medusa can out-damage if they are ranked up high enough.

AA is amazing because he does both in addition to not having buffs (not counting Dex). I also found Yondu quite helpful since his SP1 is pure heal block and he doesn't have buffs.
  • TKS87TKS87 Posts: 375 ★★★
    Nitro422 said:

TKS87 said:

Drooped2 said:

I have maxed sparky and Medusa as 4*, I'll try them. And to be sure, you said don't bring iceman?
    I would take out one of either iceman or Emma, because they're very similar in terms of utility, you won't need both for this particular quest. I would choose to take out iceman because he does a little less damage, which you say seems to be your main concern.

If Medusa is duped, be aware that her furies will trigger buffet, but her damage output can usually outpace it once you get armour shattered going. For Sparky you'll want to get up to 10 charges ASAP. Dex will still trigger buffet but once he's up to 10 poise he will slice through it. It will be easier to get him to 10 charges with blade on your team as well.
  • LibertyPrimeV1LibertyPrimeV1 Posts: 4,179 ★★★★★
    In my run through Red Hulk was pretty helpful for me, Raw Damage Champions that don't use Buffs or use Passive Effects seem to be a good option. Domino for instance uses a Passive Effect for her Lucky and Unlucky Effects, and IMIW's Armor Up is Passive too so it won't be consumed by Buffet.
  • LibertyPrimeV1LibertyPrimeV1 Posts: 4,179 ★★★★★
    edited April 2019
    Nitro422 said:

Trying to become uncollected and I get to 5.2.3, I'm having trouble with buffet. My team is
    Duped AA
    Duped Iceman
    Blade
    Emma frost
    Doc oc
    All 5*s. My hits don't do a lot damage, that's the problem.

Haven't seen anyone ask yet, do you have Void, Cap IW, or SpiderGwen (Anyone with the Petrify Debuff)? They're probably the best Counters for Buffet because they could reverse the Regen, though for Cap IW and SpiderGwen I'm pretty sure you'd need at least one Rank in the Despair Mastery.
  • Lt_Magnum_1Lt_Magnum_1 Posts: 639 ★★
    Void, Voodoo, AA.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Nitro422 said:

If you have it maxed then you have 2 points that could be better used elsewhere. Only need one point in dex.