**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Annihi-who?: Meeting New Characters in the Contest

13»

Comments

• Sundance_2099Sundance_2099 Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★

This has been fun to come back to and catch up on! It's interesting to see all the different mentions of who was known and who wasn't. Low key, jealous of the super fans who had known everyone entering The Contest. But I'm also glad to see that a lot of us are on the same page of catching up on who is who!

I think age may play into it. If you're a young'un who's only known Marvel from the movies and maybe recent toons, like Earth's Mightiest Heroes or whatever, you are probably not going to know guys like Night Thrasher and Darkhawk from the 1990s when I was a teen and reading X-Men and X-Force for example. Plus, of course, being older means more chance to read up on people! :D
  • King Groot
  • PunishmentPunishment Posts: 111

Before working here, I was a big fan of Marvel and always enjoyed learning about who else lived within its Universes. One of the joys of being part of this team is getting to see these characters I never knew about coming to life within The Contest. It never ceases to spark my interest and once again we’re proving that with the upcoming introduction of Johnny Storm with Annihilus.

Now, I know about the Human Torch but I don’t think I ever really recalled reading in the comics about Annihilus. So out of curiosity, I went on a little journey to learn more about him and I’m just amazed by how much more this universe has to offer. My favorite fact for this journey was learning he was created by a spore meant to help create life on a dead planet-- only to become, more or less, an extremely intelligent creature with a single fear (all too real) of death.

(Fantastic Four Annual 1 #6 [1963])

That said, I wanted to drop by and ask if there has ever been a Champion or a character introduced to The Contest that you weren’t familiar with before seeing them in game? Who was it? Did you dive deeper to know more? I’m really curious to see who else had a moment like this in game.

punisher 2099
  • Dominator0412Dominator0412 Posts: 16
    The hood
  • JCBRJCBR Posts: 43
    I have a question. Are Masacre and Massacre 2 different characters? The Massacre I knew in the comics was a Spider-Man villain, but I don't remember him wearing a Deadpool costume, and his origin is entirely different form what I was in the game.
  • Sundance_2099Sundance_2099 Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    then probably yes.

• BowTieJohnBowTieJohn Posts: 2,360 ★★★★
    I notice on MCOC's twitter page we see Annihilus being shown, I wonder if he is entering the contest first then Johnny Storm the Human Torch.
  • XxLoganTDCxXXxLoganTDCxX Posts: 2,561 ★★★★
    I didn't know Night thrasher or Dark Hawk was
  • OllyoxenfreeOllyoxenfree Posts: 248
    I was always a huge fan of the avengers but I hadn’t really heard of captain America until I started playing this game. I mean I knew he existed but I didn’t get what was his deal.
  • ScottryanScottryan Posts: 467 ★★★
    Go read aniliation
  • PhatBoy123PhatBoy123 Posts: 32
    90% of this roster.
  • _Chaos_ said:

Night Thrasher, Dark Hawk, The Champion, Spiderman Miles Morales, Spider-gwen.

The champion to me seems like Kabams interpretation of Tryco Slatterus one of the only titans to survive Thanos' genocide
    You can read about The Chamionin one of the Deadpool Secret wars issues. Pretty entertaining.
  • shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★
    The Champion and Nightthrasher.
    I actually have a Darkhawk comic so I knew about him.
  • KalantakKalantak Posts: 1,291 ★★★★
    Night thrasher,darkhawk,the hood,diablo,magik,voodoo,
  • MostWantedMostWanted Posts: 351 ★★
    edited April 2019
    After releasing Morningstar, I searched her on Google and found a DC character named "Lucifer Morningstar". I began trolling Kabam on my ally saying that they should read some comics before releasing champions out from Marvel universe. The first answers from some mates was "YOU should read at least the forum before searching on Google!"
    Then I found out that Morningstar was a brand new character made in Kabam.
  • caligarelinquocaligarelinquo Posts: 218
    If it wasn't for Infinity War, I wouldn't have known proxima and corvus. But specifically for this game and what I know from Marvel comics, I had no idea who Hyperion was when I first started playing.