**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

SENTINEL'S SP1 IS NO LONGER PUNISHABLE [Merged Threads]

MrKillaChrisMrKillaChris Posts: 117
edited April 2019 in Bugs and Known Issues
https://youtu.be/roAO_tqm-YI

As it clearly states you cannot 100% Punish Sentinel Sp1 only if the A.I isn't fully against the wall you can punish it, but if they're far away you can not punish their special
Post edited by Kabam Lyra on

Comments

• ctp1223ctp1223 Posts: 290
    Well you punished it in the middle of your video
  • MrKillaChrisMrKillaChris Posts: 117
    ctp1223 said:

Well you punished it in the middle of your video

As I wrote in the caption below the video, it only happened because we weren't that far apart, if he's far you can not punish it, but if he's close by you can.

Plus look at the times it got punished and the times it didn't, which isn't far to any player
  • Savio444Savio444 Posts: 1,781 ★★★★
    Great...
  • I don’t think his SP1 beam is adjustable to how far back you are, I think it always extends out the same amount (which is always further back than you can evade to initially, thus requiring a 2nd Evade or just block of the last moment).

So seems more likely that it just depends on whether the AI wanted to do something quick afterwards or not. And looks like that is the playable Sentinel with Masteries (AW or Arena ?) and not the easier Drone Sentinels of AQ or quests (not sure if that makes a difference or not).
  • MrKillaChrisMrKillaChris Posts: 117

I don’t think his SP1 beam is adjustable to how far back you are, I think it always extends out the same amount (which is always further back than you can evade to initially, thus requiring a 2nd Evade or just block of the last moment).

So seems more likely that it just depends on whether the AI wanted to do something quick afterwards or not. And looks like that is the playable Sentinel with Masteries (AW or Arena ?) and not the easier Drone Sentinels of AQ or quests (not sure if that makes a difference or not).

No this is a Sentinel I'm dueling Don2769
  • QwertyQwerty Posts: 636 ★★★
    I can confirm the sentinel mini boss in 6.1.2 is not punishable. I did 4 or 5 lanes one shotting that guy, the last run required me use about 6 40% revives on him
  • CeresCPHCeresCPH Posts: 69
    Just played a sentinel In AQ. No problem in punishing sp1 and sp2.
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,160 ★★★★★
    CeresCPH said:

Hav u update the game to the new version becasse it can’t be done anymore
    CeresCPH said:

Gamer said:

CeresCPH said:

Hav u update the game to the new version becasse it can’t be done anymore
    No I haven’t. No update available in my App Store.
    That why I’m one iPhone and I’m hav it and it is a disaster
  • flip3609sbroflip3609sbro Posts: 44
    Device and Version: iPhone XR (64GB)

Device Operating System: iOS 12.0.1

Mobile Carrier: Verizon

Cellular or WiFi: So far only tested on WiFi

Game Version Installed: 22.1

Game Mode: AQ

Champions Affected: AQ Sentinels (so far I’ve only fought mutant)

Active Boosts: None

Description of the Issue: During fighting sentinels in aq, usually after perfectly evading their sp1, you can “punish” it and reply with a combo of your own. I tried several times against sentinels in aq a few minutes ago (AQ Map 5, Day 5), and I could not get a combo in after an sp1 to save my life. I was blocked several times, and intercepted by the ai other times.

Screenshot or Video: Don’t have any right now.
  • severedtrevorseveredtrevor Posts: 46
    This is so messed up. Before today, I was soloing the Sentinel boss in 6.1.6 and punishing his L1 was a huge part of that. Now I’m having to spend on resources I didn’t plan for because this was changed in the middle of my quest. NOT COOL, KABAM. 😡
    @Kabam Miike migt wont to pop in and said that becasse of the new ai.
  • Gamer said:

This would have nothing to do with the AI.

I've passed this thread on to the team to take a look at. It might be related to the Loki issue I have posted about at the top of this forum.

Gamer said:

I've passed this thread on to the team to take a look at. It might be related to the Loki issue I have posted about at the top of this forum.
    The ai hav definitely changed more that you all thinking not gone lie this update dropped and the ai rereat like faster you eyes can se and btw void is glowing when using him it anyoing to death and when using gr and hit the opponent it so wierd luck
  • Manup456Manup456 Posts: 887 ★★★★
    In AQ Sentinel is evading and attacking before Sp 1 is finished but it's not only him. I have champs evading mid combo in AQ. They are evading like it's LOL
    LoPresti said:

You could never punish his SP1 if you went in that late, you have to go in super early (evade the beam as early as possible). The only way it 'worked' was because the AI didn't block afterwards (usually trying to attack you). I found this out the hard way when fighting Sentinels in AW, where they can trigger parry.

I’m try 5 time in AQ got smash in the face run in as fast we can.
    edited April 2019
    We did 7766 this week in AQ this week I used no items, we doing map 5 and people getting smacked in section 1 🤦🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️

Watch if this was something users we're getting an advantage fixed asap, we will be waiting weeks before it gets fixed.
  • RotellyRotelly Posts: 774 ★★★
    With SENTINEL being the boss for 6.1.6 this needs to be fixed ASAP
    @Rotelly my boy is going for 100% and is super mad because of this.
  • CeresCPHCeresCPH Posts: 69
    Any estimates on a fix?
  • Incitatus666Incitatus666 Posts: 189
    I honestly don't see an issue with the this, he isn't fight well, that's not how you punish sentinel. Hes going in too late, I just did last day of aq perfectly well and we all know that's riddled with sentinels. If I'm mistaken then yes we need a fix asap but often times ppl like calling bugs first thing when the updates come out.
  • WahyauWahyau Posts: 32
    Sentinel reacts instantly after l1 if you run in, the counter attack window has narrowed down. Everyone in my ally is noticing this.
  • TacoScottyTacoScotty Posts: 407 ★★
    From run I did on 6.1.6 post update It seemed possible to punish after L1 but window is MUCH smaller now - felt lucky when it happened. I often didn’t bother trying since mistake there just means eat items
  • Cryptic_CobraCryptic_Cobra Posts: 532 ★★★
    I doubt it’s the Loki issue, the Loki’s issue you completely miss, with this issue sentinel is recovering from his animation far quicker, meaning there is no longer time to safely punish it. Any time you do punish it now, it’s because he has started an attack animation (you can see his arms go up right before you hit him, which is his charge animation)

Gamer said:

• I’ve never really done a rush-in after Evade of final clip of Sentinel SP1 (even though I do after a lot of other heroes), so I gave it a try after these complaints (FYI, I AM STILL ON PREVIOUS VERSION OF GAME), tried several times, and NEVER could rush-in in time. He always would either block, evade, or hit me.

So while the new version may or may not have tightened things up regarding Sentinel, it was not always a given that you could always do that before. (on iPad 6th Gen)

Also, similarly (and also still on PREVIOUS VERSION), against Blade SP1 with evading both of the “ninja star throws” and immediately trying to counter, sometimes he is reacting too fast as well (and I remember always being able to counter him after SP1).

So... is this maybe part of the back-end server side (that was changed no matter whether you actually updated the game on your device yet or not) ??
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,239 ★★★★★
    My theory is it's the speed that the AI is reacting. I've been talking about it for the last month, and it appears to me that the new Update has more people experiencing it. Our side isn't moving fast enough to connect, and the AI reacts as soon as we reach it. It's been a problem for me for some time, knock back is farther, Medium is always met with a hit, AI Blocks or Intercepts by the time you reach it. I could be wrong and it could be unrelated, but what it seems to me, is that the added lag we are experiencing is making the problems with the AI reaction speeds more prominent.
  • Luke208080Luke208080 Posts: 103

I’ve never really done a rush-in after Evade of final clip of Sentinel SP1 (even though I do after a lot of other heroes), so I gave it a try after these complaints (FYI, I AM STILL ON PREVIOUS VERSION OF GAME), tried several times, and NEVER could rush-in in time. He always would either block, evade, or hit me.

So while the new version may or may not have tightened things up regarding Sentinel, it was not always a given that you could always do that before. (on iPad 6th Gen)

Depends on game mode and difficulty. But prior to the update, in AQ it was always easily punishable. In act 6.1.6 and mini boss of 6.1.2, its still very doable (pre update) you just have to know the timing, and evade last bit of beam, not blocking.
This discussion has been closed.