**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Health potions - Hello, Kabam, it's 2019

I have posted fully breakdown about this topic few months ago but it got muted with no reaction whatsoever from Kabam so I'm gonna keep it short this time:

Could you please reflect the fact that health potions and their values as they are now were created YEARS ago and have not been updated since, therefore they are not suited for current champions? (this is not a discussion, it's a fact).
I mean hello, those potions were okay for 4* champions back in 2016, but not only we have 6* champions for over a year now, we were recently banned from using 4* champions anymore for Story mode progress, do you remember, Kabam? You made that decision to "avoid frustration" if I recall...
Healing 5 and 6 star champions cost 2x more than 4* (of which you are well aware, I'm sure). I'm not even allowed to keep in inventory as many L2 potions as it takes to heal up 1 maxed 5* champion, what sense does it make? Your items won't do anymore and you are forcing us to use them anyway, that's just bullying from your side.

So how about to step up
a little? Can you at least let us know if you have anything on this matter? Or you don't see any kind of problem here?

Comments

• DaileyDailey Posts: 283 ★★
    The master plan for you to buy potions....so fork over the units my friend.
  • SarcasticTaurusSarcasticTaurus Posts: 446 ★★★
    Yeah right, with the new nodes they plan on adding to AW's, its a big win if they don't revise it. lol
    If they do, get ready to pay a good 400 to 500 units each. :D
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    $300 to heal a fully boosted 6* r3 champion once full T5CCs become available. Working as intended.
  • ON12355ON12355 Posts: 144 ★★
    It's so irritating how they never respond to this kind of topic... They share with us lame stuff like who likes what champ (nobody cares) but they are like children when you adress some serious issue they don't want solved.
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    Converting potions from HP to % is something I suggested long ago. They do it with story mode revives, why don’t they make pots % based too? Makes no sense.
  • mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Posts: 1,387 ★★★★
    It was suggested a long while a go to make all revives and health pots a %.

Level 1 = 10%
    Level 2 = 20%
    Level 3 = 50%
    Level 4 = 40%
    Level 10 = 100%

My guess is that we will probably see some improvements to Inventory caps in the next couple of years, probably about 5 - 10 years we'll see a switch over to % based pots and revives.
  • axelelf_1axelelf_1 Posts: 775 ★★★
    I just don’t buy any, they’re not worth it. If I die, I’m done. Simple as that. If they were reasonably priced, I might buy but they’re not.

Overpricing the bejeezus out of something is a great way to save me money.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,650 Guardian
    V1PER1987 said:

Converting potions from HP to % is something I suggested long ago. They do it with story mode revives, why don’t they make pots % based too? Makes no sense.

Probably because the unintended side effect of allowing potions to scale with health percentage is that they will be forced to prevent players from farming potions altogether, and dramatically reducing the amount of low tier potions we get out of things like crystals and such.

This one is right up there with begging for 5* shard availability to dramatically increase. I know it is going to backfire on players, I can state in precisely what way it will backfire on players, and I know it will have no effect on playersr. I just have to make contingency plans for if a miracle happens and the players manage to get their way, and as a result make the game a little bit harder overall.
  • JohnnJohnn Posts: 19
    Waiting to hear from grounded wisdom about how the potions are perfectly fine and how he gets them every run of any path
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,242 ★★★★★
    I agree that potions should reflect % values instead of fixed amounts.

Following the %es on revives would be nice, ie

L1 - 20%
    L2 - 40%
    L3 - 60%

Extrapolating, L4 should give 80% and L5 100%.

At the moment, the wisest choice for questing is to not potion up and just spend 40 units on a L2 revive since it heals more than potioning up.

I feel that having the potion prices readjusted would also make more sense. Since a L2 revive costs 40 units and heals 40% HP, we could just benchmark the same price for a L2 potion and adjust the other potion prices accordingly (eg L3 pot = 60 units etc).

Also, with these changes in mind, having pots appear less frequently in quests would be alright as well, since each pot carries more healing potential as compared to currently, and we have a limit cap anyway.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,650 Guardian
    xNig said:

Also, with these changes in mind, having pots appear less frequently in quests would be alright as well, since each pot carries more healing potential as compared to currently, and we have a limit cap anyway.

Typically, things like healing potions are balanced in games like this based on the net effect they have on the game, not on their numerical design strength.

To oversimplify, if you replace little potions with big potions, the game won't reduce the number of potions available until the amount of healing available is the same, it will reduce the number of potions until the amount of healing *used* in the game is about the same. However, when that happens it won't be true that everyone will have the same amount of healing available to them. Some players will have a lot more, some will have a lot less, and some fraction of the player population will find the game has gotten dramatically harder.
  • Markjv81Markjv81 Posts: 1,003 ★★★★
    Percentage health pots dont really work because then you’re paying just as much to heal a 1&2* as you are 5&6* which makes less sense than the current system.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,242 ★★★★★
    Markjv81 said:

Percentage health pots dont really work because then you’re paying just as much to heal a 1&2* as you are 5&6* which makes less sense than the current system.

If you’re using 1/2*s to clear content, then that is most probably your max clearable content anyway, so the cost is relative. For eg, for a new beginner player, 1000 units for a guaranteed 4* might be a steal, but to Cavalier (even Uncollected) players, 1000 units for a 4* is a joke. Same logic applies to health pots.
  • Batman05Batman05 Posts: 351 ★★
    Markjv81 said:

Mods have said this is why they don’t work that way. So every player pays the same amount for health and knows what they are paying for.
  • Markjv81Markjv81 Posts: 1,003 ★★★★
    xNig said:

Markjv81 said:

If you’re using 1/2*s to clear content, then that is most probably your max clearable content anyway, so the cost is relative. For eg, for a new beginner player, 1000 units for a guaranteed 4* might be a steal, but to Cavalier (even Uncollected) players, 1000 units for a 4* is a joke. Same logic applies to health pots.
    No it doesn’t at least not as a business model, how many new players would continue to play this game if the 1-2 champs they are allowed to take into a quest cost 400 units to revive?

Older players such as yourself have access to 5 man teams, you have access to more mastereies, you’re more switched on in terms of the game mechanics, units are more readily available to you etc etc and to be perfectly honest your analogy is flawed you’re saying that what’s good for new players eg 1000 units for a 4* isn’t good for uncollected/cavalier players which is exactly the opposite of the point you’re trying to make.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Markjv81 said:

Percentage revives seem to work OK. Don't see why health would be any different. Also no one uses 1*s to clear any content and they don't use 2*s for long. I don't think I've ever used a potion on a 2*. Anyone who does will be happy with better potions when they get further along anyway. This isn't a good reason to not do it. There may be good reasons, but this isn't one.
  • LongtimegamerLongtimegamer Posts: 179 ★★★
    DNA3000 said:

V1PER1987 said:

Probably because the unintended side effect of allowing potions to scale with health percentage is that they will be forced to prevent players from farming potions altogether, and dramatically reducing the amount of low tier potions we get out of things like crystals and such.

This one is right up there with begging for 5* shard availability to dramatically increase. I know it is going to backfire on players, I can state in precisely what way it will backfire on players, and I know it will have no effect on playersr. I just have to make contingency plans for if a miracle happens and the players manage to get their way, and as a result make the game a little bit harder overall.
    ^This is what so many players don't understand.

Kabam sets a goal on revenue and fine tunes the game based on their target.

We can ask for 50 6* crystals each and if Kabam gives it to us tomorrow expect 7*s and 8*s to pop up next week.

Higher energy cap? Expect longer levels.

Cheaper potions? Harder content.

More shards? The faster those shards gets one-upped by the next version.

Potions are terribly outdated, and I hope they're changed very soon, but that's exactly what they want for us at this point in time. We can ask for concessions and they might give it to us, but they'll just adjust other variables and meet their target through other ways.

We're in their sandbox and no amount of kicking and screaming and pleading will allow us to break free.
  • Hey ON12355, you've already created a discussion HERE about this topic. To help keep the Forum tidy, I'll go ahead and close this one.
This discussion has been closed.