**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

The Champion/Luke Cage Synergy --- Does this even work?

MMCskippyMMCskippy Posts: 352 ★★
Usually in arena, I try out synergy teams to see how they work. Synergies used to work in arena, but in the new release, I'm not sure...

I tried searching the forum for a discussion about The Champion and Luke Cage synergy ever working but came up with nothing.

"The Champion's is unstoppable when using a light and medium attack" with the Luke Cage synergy.

Is this a poorly worded synergy? If so, what does this really mean? Do I just start my combo light/medium, he goes unstoppable for those two hits and then isn't unstoppable? If I use a MLLLM combo, does he go unstoppable at the end of the combo?

I've tried these two things in area and never trigger the unstoppable buff.

Comments

• Options
    Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,763 ★★★★★
    It doesn't need to trigger any unstoppable buff.
    From the looks of it, it just mean he is unstoppable when you intercept him, or unstoppable when you try to intercept but the enemy hits you first
  • Options
    TheSquish671TheSquish671 Posts: 2,880 ★★★★★
    I thinks it's like protection from being intercepted, won't activate unless you're about to be intercepted. Synergy is more useful for LC
  • Options
    Hulk_77Hulk_77 Posts: 782 ★★★
    It definitely works. Just trying attacking outside of the usual openings and you'll see your opponent's intercept combo interrupted and the "unstoppable" text appears.
  • Options
    Jemster519Jemster519 Posts: 210 ★★
    I used my 6* LC against WS in ROL to see the difference. At one point, I had 7 Exhaustion debuffs activated but at other times had none. I never evaded to make sure it was working. Did not seem that it is making as much of a difference without the synergy. You would think that 35% should make a noticeable difference. Maybe it is something Kabam should look into. Check all synergy bonuses to ensure they are working as intended.
  • Options
    Patchie93Patchie93 Posts: 1,898 ★★★★

I used my 6* LC against WS in ROL to see the difference. At one point, I had 7 Exhaustion debuffs activated but at other times had none. I never evaded to make sure it was working. Did not seem that it is making as much of a difference without the synergy. You would think that 35% should make a noticeable difference. Maybe it is something Kabam should look into. Check all synergy bonuses to ensure they are working as intended.

Except the 2 percentages aren't added so your not getting 65% to place. Its multiplied so it would be an additional 35% of 30% which I believe it would then be about 40.5% to place
  • Options
    XN0nameXXN0nameX Posts: 39
    Definitely works for both
  • Options
    MMCskippyMMCskippy Posts: 352 ★★
    They might work, but due to their poorly worded descriptions, it's not super obvious how they "work"...

LC seems to put debuffs on people at about the same rate, it's not obvious there's a jump.

And I'll do more playing with The Champion, but I can't tell if he's unstoppable unless it pops up on the screen and I'm not seeing it.