**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

22.1 Discussion Thread [Version 21.1.1 Available Now]

Comments

• mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Posts: 1,387 ★★★★
    MMaqsood said:

MMaqsood said:

The game is slow since the update. All hits on my combos feels delayed

It's a frame rate enhancement B)
    Are they gonna fix this or we supposed to play in slow motion forever now??
    If history is any indicator, some devices will eventually pickup speed on their own as the mobile OS optimizes itself for the new update... Kabam will find something "server side" and fix that and next month once we all got used to the timing again, the next update will have some wonky behavior with timing again causing us to relearn how to fight for the first couple of days.

• hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,103 ★★★★★
    As an Android player, I was already struggling with sluggish combo strings and dropped frames. This update has essentially made the game unplayable for me now. My combos are being interrupted even more now by the AI. For whatever it's worth, AQ (over the last month or so) has been particularly laggy over the other content, but I was managing ok. This morning I log in and it's really bad. Which is a shame because I love this game...generally speaking.
  • PintzzPintzz Posts: 297 ★★
    Akhilxcx said:

BenLucas said:

Can we please have some clarity on this? What sort of timing? Which champs will be most likely affected?? And why?

It will affect All Champions, but not in a negative fashion! This update should bring all devices in line with each other, so there are less inconsistencies in abilities and controls activating (ie. Parry timing, etc.). For the most part, this shouldn't really change anything for users on Newer/High end devices, but will make the game more consistent for players on older devices.
    well i would say mission accomplished well done kabam for bringing ios devices in line with android. Now both are laggy as hell
    I am running s10+ 512GB 8GB RAM model
    Since the update there are severe delay issues. carnage SP1 misses the last few hits which allows the AI to counter right away. KM issues with specials have had issues. The frame rate is horrible now it feels like everything is running slow motion @Kabam Miike
  • Weapon__Weapon__ Posts: 3
    edited April 2019
    Experiencing a lot lag and glitch and taking hits all the time since new update
    So what hasn't helped.

1) Clearing App cache and Data, rebooting device, letting device settle for 15 minutes then playing.
    2) Clearing App cache and Data (technically should not be needed when uninstalling), uninstalling app, rebooting device, letting device settle for 5 minutes, reinstalling app.
    3) Uninstalling app, rebooting to Android Recovery, clearing cache from Android Recovery, reinstalling app, letting settle for 10 minutes.

I will say on the plus side, it makes my LG G7 ThinQ game play consistent with my Nexus 5
  • borntohulaborntohula Posts: 447 ★★★
    edited April 2019
    Massive lag-like issues. The FPS drops to levels I haven’t seen since Pac-Man was trending. I also notice lots of broken blocks. Funnily enough also on the AI side. Which is a first. Other than that, it feels like I’m dragging through mud. It’s intermittent but when it hits, it hits hard. Game ran way better before the update. Not perfect but way better. iPhone XS Max. On WiFi. And 4G.
  • borntohulaborntohula Posts: 447 ★★★
    V1PER1987 said:

Vale84 said:

i'd like some insight on this unannounced change too. Tbh, if it's april's fool's joke, it's a not funny one.

Looks like it’s just a clarification of the bleed that’s placed on the champion. Just clarifying that it’s a debuff so it can be shrugged off, converted, etc. What’s the issue? The 30% health?
    Attack should increase by 30%. Not 20%. 30% health should be 20. If this is not just a mix up as far as numbers go, that’s a truly massive mastery nerf.

• BendyBendy Posts: 3,143 ★★★★★
    Is there gonna be another update or was this the real update as I need the sound to play and the timing on everything is way off especially block and parry
  • JChanceH9JChanceH9 Posts: 764 ★★★
    edited April 2019
    I’ve noticed parry timing being a bit off in AQ (map 5 day 5) and here and there throughout the game-significant enough to require me to feel like I’ll need to readjust my innate timing. It seems to be ~.125-.25 seconds later than usual now. Is this part of the update?
  • hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,103 ★★★★★
    edited April 2019
    Has anyone had the thing where in the "victory" screen after completing a fight.. there's a continuous loop of the audio and visual effects (flash) of someone landing a hit in the background behind your character?:) I have footage of it.
  • I play on an IPad Mini and I am experiencing significant lag constantly after the update.
  • tkhan08tkhan08 Posts: 189 ★★
    Can you change the loading screen? Worst picture ever. Usually, the loading screen is good. Not this month.
  • jnikolas92jnikolas92 Posts: 192 ★★★
    damn. just updated and fights are insanely lagged. hoping they are on a fix right now.
  • R4GER4GE Posts: 1,530 ★★★★

Yondu is now stun immune... bug or working as intended?

https://youtu.be/1IgrEKNUGss
    This is a duel so no active nodes
    On iPhone XS - iOS 12.1.4
    MCOC V22.1 update

Experienced this as well during war :neutral:
  • RoninBRRoninBR Posts: 31

BenLucas said:

Can we please have some clarity on this? What sort of timing? Which champs will be most likely affected?? And why?

It will affect All Champions, but not in a negative fashion! This update should bring all devices in line with each other, so there are less inconsistencies in abilities and controls activating (ie. Parry timing, etc.). For the most part, this shouldn't really change anything for users on Newer/High end devices, but will make the game more consistent for players on older devices.
    You guys did mess
    When will you send out a game fix?
    The game is almost unplayable

Add to your bug list:
    - Domino incinerate (synergy with rh) is too low
    - Luke Cage can not stun with sp1
    - In AQ my domino cant parry and use heavy attack wasp.
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Any info on variant 2.0 seeing as it’s less than 24 hours away
    edited April 2019

And I could not parry and heavy attack wasp in AQ
    This is the video with the bug

https://youtu.be/5uLliwqskOk
  • Turkey_Tone83Turkey_Tone83 Posts: 74
    Slow motion, can't evade specials because the AI movement is horrific. Just fought Iceman. I do Tier 4 or higher war and do him as miniboss unblockable SP1 solo's not hit once.

Just fought him got hit every time he did his SP1. Where is the device testing? For a multi million corporation need to invest in testing and better servers. Total KO in AQ when normally don't die. This is ridiculous. A lot will leave the game because of this if not rectified. Definitely not doing war season if it remains this way.
    And to think there were so many that kept asking where the April Fool's Joke was....

Well.....
  • vinniegainzvinniegainz Posts: 902 ★★★
    For the first time ever it force updated both my iphone and my iPad,... I was waiting until at least AW and AQ finished but NOPE.

@Kabam Miike how are you able to force update?

I get that I might not have been able to play without updating after a while, but to force update in the background while the app has no permissions to do so is just illegal.

Double, triple checked.... At this point it feels like you are deliberately trying to kill the game for us.
  • Tasty_Yum_YumsTasty_Yum_Yums Posts: 444 ★★★
    I’m having issues with my special attack interrupting my combo when ending with a medium attack. When I end the combo with a M hit, and immediately press the special attack button, my medium attack does not fire and my special attack is delayed and ends up being blocked. This never happened until this update.
  • MagsMags Posts: 132
    What I've noticed so far;
    Less "problems connecting", but more time watching the spinner load.

Game sound effects are delayed horribly bad. Used to only do it after an hour or so, or if I switched to another app and came back. Now it's constant, and it makes timing by ear next to impossible.

Don't know if it's a direct Quake nerf, or if it was an "accidentally on purpose" side effect of the super generalized improvements to timing consistency of triggering abilities and attacks"
    But, as a player who very rarely takes damage (even block damage) while using Quake, I can say with confidence that y'all screwed that right up!

If any other Quake 'n bake aficionados read this, please test for yourself, and see if you can still dex heavy dex heavy without getting punched in the mouth.
  • EegnaszEegnasz Posts: 13
    Domino is messed up a lot, i think not only rulk synergy works bad, massacre and domino debuff synergy not working too