**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Why is auto fight so terrible?

CammonRoCammonRo Posts: 377 ★★
Seriously - you can bring a champ to a fight that is 30-40x the PI of the defender but your champ just sits there taking 15-17 hits before they one shot the enemy. It is so painful to watch that I just end up taking over.

What kind of a waste of time is this? It's bad enough you have to tediously click through paths on easy content but why can't your high powered champs at least steamroll through this kind of stuff.

And another thing that really bugs me with auto fight - your champ could easily land a five hit combo but instead they do 1-2 hits and then back away and then proceed to take a FIVE HIT COMBO TO THE FACE. Why does the defender AI fight better than the autofight AI? I don't get it...

Comments

• It also says that the difficulty gets easier when you press auto fight. Kabam wants new players to press it and get screwed over.
  • shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★
    Money
  • mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    Here's at least my short theory

The easier the content the less inputs the ai is given.

Say the hardest content has ten inputs every ten seconds. meaning the ai will do something different every second. Block dash lights mediums heavy etc.
    Say the easiest content has only 2 Inputs every ten seconds. That's the same as auto fight. It's a dumbed down version of ai performing the fewest amount of inputs
  • ẞlооdẞlооd Posts: 2,005 ★★★★

It's not designed to be a substitute for actual game play. It's base-level AI, more for easy, monotonous Quests. Not something that's meant to be as skilled as we are. Otherwise, people would Auto through the game.

Yeah, but he's specifically talking about fights where his champs are stronger many times over. Won't be steamrolling through the game that way, just the easy content.
  • WabobaWaboba Posts: 262 ★★
    edited April 2019
    When it comes to auto fight, i don't need my champ to dex a whole special attack, to parry a vast amount of times etc, i just want for auto fight to be consistent, because some times i see my auto fight Evades Like cap marvel's sp1, does a five hit combo, parries and does a five hit combo again( example 1). then right after that he just stands still and gets hit by a five hit combo then blocks, just does a two hit combo and dashes back. Im not asking for him to do The example 1 every time, i just want him to don't stand still during a fight, and be able to perform a 5 hit combo.
  • CammonRoCammonRo Posts: 377 ★★
    Thanks to those who get the gist of what I'm saying. I'm not expecting to auto fight through the entire game. (I mean come on ... Really?)

But the greater the PI differential the more quickly your champ should utterly destroy the other champ. It would make clearing the easy content necessary for certain milestones less of a chore. A 5/65 should not just sit there and take 20 hits to the face from a 1*. What's the point of that? It's not like you're gonna lose - so just finish him off already. It's silly.
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    So noobs can’t have something that plays better than they do
  • The_OneThe_One Posts: 2,936 ★★★★
    I know right, I'm getting wrecked in act 6 by auto fight
  • Scarlett_Scarlett_ Posts: 273

Short answer: Kabam doesn't want you auto-fighting.

Yup kabam also doesn’t want you parrying or intercepting anymore or using 4*s wonder what’s next maybe the use of your eyes you have to feel the next move coming some kenshi type ****
  • CammonRoCammonRo Posts: 377 ★★
    Lvernon15 said:

So noobs can’t have something that plays better than they do

Which is why you calculate the effectiveness of the AI based on PI differential. Noobs won't have ridiculously overpowered champs for the content I'm talking about.
  • 玩玩玩家玩玩玩家 Posts: 441
    Kabam, wow this is another golden opportunity for MONEY.

Make AUTO-FIGHT Upgradable by UNITS (or whatever items) :)
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    Yeah the AI really sucks. I’m using my 5/65 and 6* to clean up Act 2 for the units and it’s pathetic. 9-12 hits to 3? The AI should be smarter the lower the PI. If you face something over 2k PI or something then you can dumb it down as the opponent get progressively harder but for a combo and dead fight, it should be easy, smooth, and quick.
  • themikithemiki Posts: 60
    edited April 2019
    Voice commands help. Tell your AI what to do and give it inspiration.
  • RapRap Posts: 3,193 ★★★★
    It is so when you are not paying attention you suddenly need a revive or restore.