**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

The working man with a family gets screwed

@kabammike What are your thoughts on gold real coming back at least once every 2 months. I hear people say just do arenas and complete milestones. Yes that is true and as a high ranking player I know this is the best way to aquire gold but when you work 3 jobs and have 3 kids and a busy life that is not a possibility. I'm sure kabam just doesn't want single un married folk to play there game so please tell me @Kabam Miike what are you doing for the hard working man taking care of his family working 3 jobs who doesn't have time to grind arenas? Thank you

Comments

• LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★
    This game is all about playing in quantity. The more you can play, the more you get. That said, they have increased rewards from monthly events and increased rewards in the login calendar. We get WAY more for doing slim to none than we ever did before.

I work full time, married with 2 kids, and taking master's classes too. Just my background before you choose to call me a kid living at home with no responsibilities :)
  • Xthea9Xthea9 Posts: 829 ★★
    why are you singling out miike? this isnt his call.

True, don't call anyone out , they help whenever they can , not responsible for every thing.

• AppieAppie Posts: 99
    you're not forced to do anything just play whenever you can, they made this game like that because some of us do have time if the rewards were decreased or limited those players would quit.
  • Blade34Blade34 Posts: 26
    I think what the guys was asking for is to reduce the grind. Most of us that have jobs and families know we won't get the top prizes but dang let us earn the 3 stars with major hoops. Over a million is hard for anyone that has a life. Just saying.
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    I'm only playing while I'm single. Anytime I'm with my girlfriend I have to put the game down. If I'm married I probably wouldn't pick up this game again
  • DAVIDTHDAVIDTH Posts: 224
    Selling your soul to Kabam is the only way
  • MyTaffyMyTaffy Posts: 144
    Blade34 wrote: »
    I think what the guys was asking for is to reduce the grind. Most of us that have jobs and families know we won't get the top prizes but dang let us earn the 3 stars with major hoops. Over a million is hard for anyone that has a life. Just saying.

They already increased the rewards for casual players like LocoMotives said. It was easier to get stuff than before. You cannot expect to get the same rewards for people who put in more than time and effort than people who only spend few minutes in the game. It is true for all the games.

• Mr_ChrisMr_Chris Posts: 109
    edited August 2017
    I work a lot of hours at my one job. I have a wife and a baby boy at home and feel fortunate that I can provide well for them. I think it's great that you are willing to work so hard to care for your family but honestly I don't have a lot of sympathy about your gold situation.

The gold realms are a large part of how I was able to freely rank and max a large portion of the characters I have. I gained over 10 million gold from them and since have dropped to just below 3 million. They were free. They aren't "screwing " you as you say. Stop ranking characters if you don't have the gold and wait until you do. I'm holding my gold for my next important rank ups and getting arena in when I can.

Or you can join a map 3 alliance for a bit and replenish your gold and bc by not having donations.

Enjoy the game as your time allows. The gold realms will probably be back in December. Stock up then. They don't owe you more because you're busy.

• FineDogFineDog Posts: 403 ★★★
    MyTaffy wrote: »
    Blade34 wrote: »

They already increased the rewards for casual players like LocoMotives said. It was easier to get stuff than before. You cannot expect to get the same rewards for people who put in more than time and effort than people who only spend few minutes in the game. It is true for all the games.

I think it would work better if the Arena brackets were based on prestige and not account age. After a month or so of playing, it's not a huge time sink to get the 3 star champs in Arena, but once you hit 60 days you're dumped into the veteran bracket, and you instantly need to put up twice and many points with the same roster you had before, and it will be weeks, if not months before you can get enough units and levels to unlock suicide masteries and also max out enough of your roster to do arena without wasting your life away over it.
  • AddyosAddyos Posts: 1,090 ★★★★
    edited August 2017
    I'm a working stiff with a wife and two young kids. I still find time to play this game (during the day to meet AQ commitments but mostly at nights when everyone is asleep) and can obtain 4* champs from the basic arena.
    Kudos to you for fulfilling your responsibilities as a parent and husband, but you can't blame Kabam for not being able to play the game as you'd like and say you're screwed.
    Kabam can find 99 ways to screw over it's playerbase, but this ain't one of them.
  • R4GER4GE Posts: 1,530 ★★★★
    edited August 2017
    These whole "I have to adult and can't play" threads get old. Games aren't designed to work that way. You can either play, or you can't. Thats simply life.

Complaining to Kabam that you can't play their game as often as others and need changes is like complaining to a bar owner you can't drink with your friends there because you have to go to work and expect changes
  • Dave_the_destroyerDave_the_destroyer Posts: 981 ★★
    JoeyD1020 wrote: »
    @kabammike What are your thoughts on gold real coming back at least once every 2 months. I hear people say just do arenas and complete milestones. Yes that is true and as a high ranking player I know this is the best way to aquire gold but when you work 3 jobs and have 3 kids and a busy life that is not a possibility. I'm sure kabam just doesn't want single un married folk to play there game so please tell me @Kabam Miike what are you doing for the hard working man taking care of his family working 3 jobs who doesn't have time to grind arenas? Thank you

I really dont understand what you expect them to do. or indeed what they can do?

Im in the same situation as you, low time etc. Thats life, I can't expect the game to change to suit me? The game isnt set up for the likes of us, its a business that pays many peoples wages. So the more you play (and spend) the better you get in the game. How could Kabam change that without losing a lot of money, and probably a lot of players as well?

Instead of just passing your complaint onto someone else to sort out, why not list what changes you want them to make to better suit you?
  • RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,498 ★★★★★
    edited August 2017
    Perhaps you should try to find joy in your life outside of MCOC. Kabam can't fix those problems for you by giving you better free rewards. I'm not being snarky, I am actually offering this as advice.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,191 ★★★★★
    Are you really playing the "Single Father Card" for Gold Realm? Lol. It's completely possible to acquire Gold and still take care of life. The Arena is one source. I understand that we all have obligations in life, but there are ways to get Gold. The Rewards in the game are based on effort. They might bring them back, they might not. That reason is not reasonable.
  • JoeyD1020JoeyD1020 Posts: 8
    Ok I think this was taken wrong. I'm not singling anyone out, I'm not taking a shot at kabam Mike he just always gives the best responses and sure as hell don't neglet my family in anyway which is why I wanted to see about more gold realms. It's amazing how you guys and girls think from one post you know what my life is like and give me opinions on how to live it. I am a great father which is why I work 3 jobs to support my family and yes I still have time for them. I have been playing mcoc since the second month of it's release and I'm not stopping now. I now have 12 5* champs and they are expensive to rank. There is reason they introduced gold realms in the first place and then brought them back. I'm just looking to see if they have anything in the works to help the guy like me who supports kabam with $$$ all the time to help build his roster without so many hours on the game
    Ok I think this was taken wrong. I'm not singling anyone out, I'm not taking a shot at kabam Mike he just always gives the best responses and sure as hell don't neglet my family in anyway which is why I wanted to see about more gold realms. It's amazing how you guys and girls think from one post you know what my life is like and give me opinions on how to live it. I am a great father which is why I work 3 jobs to support my family and yes I still have time for them. I have been playing mcoc since the second month of it's release and I'm not stopping now. I now have 12 5* champs and they are expensive to rank. There is reason they introduced gold realms in the first place and then brought them back. I'm just looking to see if they have anything in the works to help the guy like me who supports kabam with $$$ all the time to help build his roster without so many hours on the game

You're title alone got you negative responses "The working man with a family gets screwed"
    By the way I am down the shore with my family sitting on the beach enjoying life.
  • ApacheApache Posts: 558 ★★
    just find another less demanding game
    Well, no. You claimed you were getting screwed for being a single father. Lol. The game does take time and effort. Play when you can. Just don't take it personally when they don't bring something back. :)
    Grounded you should read what's said not what you want to hear. When did I say I was a single father? Also I'm not playing a card just pointing out there is a whole other demographic that plays this game like me that spend a lot of money on this game to bridge the gap between us and the guys who have time to grind week after week so they don't have to spend money. Who do you think kabam wants more the people who spend or don't spend money? We are all important but who keeps the servers running?
    edited August 2017
    You're asking them to add a feature to play to one specific demographic, which contradicts the whole point of earning what you need. I'm sorry, but with that Title, you're playing the card. Lol. Working, single, or otherwise.
    Your title alone got you some negative responses "The Working Man with a Family Gets Screwed"

• Kronos987654321Kronos987654321 Posts: 584 ★★★
    I do arena and am still constantly low on gold. So it's not just the family people lol
    I Grind the Arena. Always Gold. Questing gives Gold, and it's possible to do that on Auto while you take care of other things. It's just about building when you have the time and maintaining a steady flow.
  • Kronos987654321Kronos987654321 Posts: 584 ★★★
    I Grind the Arena. Always Gold. Questing gives Gold, and it's possible to do that on Auto while you take care of other things. It's just about building when you have the time and maintaining a steady flow.

Not sure where you are in game but I am personally ranking 4* to R5 and 5* to r3 weekly or my t4cc expire. Now they are going to start sitting because I can't afford it. The game hasn't improved methods of obtaining gold consistently since beta but have drastically improved he amount of champions you can obtain. It needs to be revamped.

Not sure where you are in game but I am personally ranking 4* to R5 and 5* to r3 weekly or my t4cc expire. Now they are going to start sitting because I can't afford it. The game hasn't improved methods of obtaining gold consistently since beta but have drastically improved he amount of champions you can obtain. It needs to be revamped.

Many people are sitting on millions.