**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Do You Wait for Level Up?

V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
edited April 2019 in Strategy and Tips
So I’m sitting here with some shiny new champs that I’d really like to rank. But with so many to rank, I feel like I should wait for Level Up for the revive and units.

Just curious, do you guys wait for Level Up or just rank?

Do You Wait for Level Up? 114 votes

I wait for Level Up. I have to get those milestones.
58%
DNA3000winterthurEbbtidesamalasravanBadroseWorld Eatermad410ThatsausageWiMakDexman1349PiviotmmmbanyasDrenlinpayebuduGigantor13Oesername123caligarelinquoTitanPunchRotellyVerzz 67 votes
Level Up? What’s that? I rank my awesome champs as soon as I get them.
32%
CrkwestHort4TendersquadMixkebabAlCapone2727WaynedavySavio444Baseballguy711Thecrusher_9756NiteAndDaeHarbinger195PeterQuillBruinsfan8510Torah13B_Dizzle_01Noob2435ButtehrsMarkg25FhfjghhggggjfhfjgStance 37 votes
Other (explain)
8%
GroundedWisdomLeNoirFaineantDarkstar4387Lvernon15Sixshot1Cadillac_puss123TheSquish671X_Factor_AgentKeenmonkey_5Huntspyj 10 votes

Comments

• Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    edited April 2019
    I only rank up during the 22hr events. It helps me manage my gold. Sometimes I have a stack of champs I want to rank up, sometimes I am digging through my unranked 2* & 3* roster for points. And I typically stop after getting the units.

For us F2P players, we always go for any source of "free" stuff we can get.
  • Keenmonkey_5Keenmonkey_5 Posts: 34
    Other (explain)
    If it's someone I've been waiting for a while to get resources for or need them for content, I generally can't wait for the randomness of a level up event. Normally I try to wait it out, but my impatience gets me if I finally get what's needed.
  • Fred_JoeityFred_Joeity Posts: 1,168 ★★★
    Level Up? What’s that? I rank my awesome champs as soon as I get them.
    I don’t think the level up rewards are really worth waiting for. If I really need any resources, I just go into arena for half an hour
  • Austin555555Austin555555 Posts: 3,043 ★★★★★
    I don’t. I rank up champs when I have everything I need to do so
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    Other (explain)
    I don't wait, but I don't always Rank when I get them either. If I have Ranking that lines up with the Event, I'll grab the Milestones, but trying to meet every Level-Up eats through Gold fast. I Rank steadily and consistently, depending on what I want to work on.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    I open crystals during combat or advance events, and I rank up during rank up events. I also sell everything that might expire regardless of what it is worth, from potions to duel credits to whatever. In my head, if you're playing a game for the long haul, there's no such thing as an insignificant reward. They all add up eventually.

There are always exceptions: I have ranked up stuff before a rank up event when I absolutely wanted to use them in something time critical. But that's been very rare.
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    Thanks for the responses guys. I guess it seems like most here wait until level up unless maybe they have an urgency to rank up for questing, AQ, AW, etc. I have been trying to chip away at Variant so I’m a little impatient but since the next event is only a few hours away, I’ll see what it is.
  • HuntspyjHuntspyj Posts: 78
    Other (explain)
    I have no idea what rank up is, but right now I just rank up my best champion that is not at 10/10, or right now, I am ranking up my 3* ghost to 30/30, I want to have all of my champs maxed out
  • BadroseBadrose Posts: 779 ★★★
    Unless I have ISO expiring, yes, why not? The only time I didn't wait was when I got 5* Blade. From zero to R5 in a heartbeat.
  • WiMakWiMak Posts: 359 ★★
    I always wait till the event and only up to the 4th mile stone for the units
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Other (explain)
    I wait for level up unless I'm going to rank someone for war defense or if I can get a new 5/65. I don't really care if I hit the last milestone but the revive and the units are nice.
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Other (explain)
    I wait to do lesser rank ups like taking a 4* to r2 for the basic or maxing a 3* for arena and things like that, but I do significant rank ups like my next 5-65 instantly because I might need them for something instantly like the next aw or something
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,736 ★★★★★
    Level Up ... Now On!