**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

AI response to user inputs altered

Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
I’m putting this in bugs as I’m gonna give the benefit of the doubt and assume this is accidental, if not we deserve a full explanation on your reasoning for the change.

As many know, there was a way to make the AI pause for a few moments (dash back as they do and immediately throw a light attack into the air) most know it as the “NC trick” though it had many other uses such as triggering hyperions regen, waiting out unstoppable, building charges with nebula. Now since the update, the AI no longer acts in this way, essentially removing this effective strategy from the game.
So pretty simple question, was this intentional or not?

Comments

• GamerGamer Posts: 10,033 ★★★★★
    I’m think yes that was one purpose. Last line of the update but hops not
    This update is awful hops we get a new one when the even quset drop and this is just a April fool update

I'm not sure, but I'll ask about it. From the sounds of this, it was a very obvious bug if you could freeze the AI in one spot. That would not have been an intentional mechanic.

It wasn’t a freezings it was more like you delayed the oppen from a sligt few sek. Not the freezer ther was happen the whole figth with mordok
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    edited April 2019

I'm not sure, but I'll ask about it. From the sounds of this, it was a very obvious bug if you could freeze the AI in one spot. That would not have been an intentional mechanic.

https://youtu.be/RK2nutHSgJQ

https://youtu.be/P8UXuT64V6o

Just a couple of examples, as you can see they don’t freeze in place, they trigger their abilities.
    Use it vs hyperion - he will trigger his healing for example, but the moment they wait out their timer, or roughly that length of time regardless if they don’t have one, they dive in.

So if this was “an obvious bug” then your team should’ve caught it a long time ago because this has been doing the rounds for a year or two.
  • OrdalcaOrdalca Posts: 543 ★★★

I’m putting this in bugs as I’m gonna give the benefit of the doubt and assume this is accidental, if not we deserve a full explanation on your reasoning for the change.

As many know, there was a way to make the AI pause for a few moments (dash back as they do and immediately throw a light attack into the air) most know it as the “NC trick” though it had many other uses such as triggering hyperions regen, waiting out unstoppable, building charges with nebula. Now since the update, the AI no longer acts in this way, essentially removing this effective strategy from the game.

I fought a Nightcrawler in AW just a couple hours ago after updating this morning. NC trick still worked fine there.
    Ordalca said:

I fought a Nightcrawler in AW just a couple hours ago after updating this morning. NC trick still worked fine there.
    After the update ?
    Becase in duel it don’t
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    just fought NC in AQ. he wouldn't switch
  • QwertyQwerty Posts: 636 ★★★
    It's still possible to do, but the window to trigger that reaction seems to have shrunk significantly
  • Vale84Vale84 Posts: 308 ★★★
    edited April 2019

HOw you don't know? ALl major "sponsored" youtubers treated this back in 2018, and your "update" aimed specifically at this as far as it looks.

I find almost impossible for an "update" or push to specifically aim a certain behavior...unless it's aimed to change that specific behavior.

That said, this won't go overlooked by the community, so i'd advice the Dev team to get back on their steps. Expecially since like alwais there was no notice of any change in champìon's behavior and specifically Nightcrawler.

Not trying to feed a troll here, but this completely changes A TON of fights nodes and character's usefulness and literally how you play the game. This is by far NOT a small change, and as such should have been DEEPLY studied down before providing players with the IDEA of wanting to change it.
    Ordalca said:

i'd say it's a 10-15% chanche, and only at fight start. If you try to switch trick him after that point, he'll "dumb up". Is IA will start idling like the low serie count fights in arena, with him walking towards you without doing nothing nor backing away. He'll just proceed to ista light attack you on super amped speed and call it a day there.
  • WHOz_R4GEWHOz_R4GE Posts: 239 ★★
    We really need an answer on this one. This has been a fighting strategy employed for well over a year, to counter many different things in game. Invade for one.
    Look forward to your response, especially considering. I was able to use it vs an AQ sentinel today so I could gain some analysis charges on my own sentinel, which seems to heavily imply it targeted Nightcrawler specifically

Look forward to your response, especially considering. I was able to use it vs an AQ sentinel today so I could gain some analysis charges on my own sentinel, which seems to heavily imply it targeted Nightcrawler specifically

It don’t work in dueling offer game mode is fine
    Gamer said:

Oh? So then that would imply it’s just a duel AI change?

Gamer said:

Oh? So then that would imply it’s just a duel AI change?
    Mabye alest I’m can stil use it in AQ of what I’m ha se in dueling ther is a lot agersiv. And make them do suck a behavior
    @Kabam Miike have you spoken to the team and obtained their input on the NC trick no longer working?
  • ManChildManChild Posts: 608 ★★★
    This update is ridiculous. Taking mechanics out we have all used for years and doing it all slick. The content that has been created lately is quite intense. These small tricks and such was all we as players have sometimes. This game is getting out of control honestly. I’m glad my interest has subsided. Thanks for pushing me into retirement alliances since I can no longer monitarily afford your wars, map7 and such while still working on other content. Health pots don’t heal enough and are outrageously priced. Farming ability is extremely limited in this game by energy, arena cooldown, and sub par rewards when milestones are reached in a normal way (not by fraud and “cheating”). Kabam I’m sorry but you created this issue.
  • Ch1efsterCh1efster Posts: 475 ★★★
    I'm pretty sure most the mods here play the game as well. I find it very hard to believe they didn't know about this and try to act like it is an obvious bug. Made my day there.

I'm still waiting to update my game till I here more about these issues.
  • edited April 2019
    Not yet. It's been under a day. I understand the request for a speedy reply, but we're looking into a few things right now. This might not be answered right away. We will answer this thread when we have information.
  • TruckaceTruckace Posts: 18
    edited April 2019
    After the update, the AI is a lot quicker after SP, but it not a bug for a specific champ, it's literally everything. I feel like my load times in between screens is ALOT quicker. But its also alot quicker in fights - animations seem too fast or choppy. I feel like the frame rate or the processor for game has been changed.

I'm on iOS, latest update, iPhone 6s.
  • VoltaireVoltaire Posts: 2
    I Dont know if i can report it here but, Proxima Midnight is fully blocking Corvus Glaive UNBLOCKABLE SP2, I have a video... it appears "unblockable" in the screen but she blocked all the 3 hits

Not yet. It's been under a day. I understand the request for a speedy reply, but we're looking into a few things right now. This might not be answered right away. We will answer this thread when we have information.

Just wondering.

How many bugs do you need before just taking back the update and reinstate previous version to work on fixes?

I mean let s try to be straight to the point here. While team “has a few things to be looking into it atm”, said things are breaking the game. Revives and potions are being used in aq and content to sustain and recover from what are bugs (or so you state). The more days passing with the update like it is the more players will be forced to spend units or money to cope up with problems that shouldnt be there.

In the last 24 hrs there s been more posts into the bug section than general chat, and anyone could name at least 10 bugs at a finger s snap time.

TAKE BACK the update and fix it offline. The politic of doing so while jeeping somwthing broken online is just painfully wrong and wont do anything but take more and more people from the game.

• MenkentMenkent Posts: 889 ★★★★
    And why do we have yet another update with major issues? These little mechanics tweaks might slip through and random damage scaling issues are pretty understandable unintended consequences... but basic gameplay is a mess. Frame rates are all weird and the game plays like it's in slow-mo on a wide variety of devices. That's not only easy to catch, it would be impossible to miss in even basic testing (eg, try RoL winter soldier once before releasing the update).
  • Mlee1829Mlee1829 Posts: 75
    NC trick still works fine for me. 5 duels. Switched him back and forth multiple times each fight.
  • I'm not sure, but I'll ask about it. From the sounds of this, it was a very obvious bug if you could freeze the AI in one spot. That would not have been an intentional mechanic.

It was a tactical move, you did not frezzed the opponent, it was like baiting an SP when you leave your block down, you trick the AI to think that it was about to get hit, making him block, so not a bug.
    Mlee1829 said:

NC trick still works fine for me. 5 duels. Switched him back and forth multiple times each fight.

Do you have video of this? Everyone in my alliance is unable to use the Nc trick anywhere. Thanks for help.

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    Vale84 said:

Just wondering.

How many bugs do you need before just taking back the update and reinstate previous version to work on fixes?

I mean let s try to be straight to the point here. While team “has a few things to be looking into it atm”, said things are breaking the game. Revives and potions are being used in aq and content to sustain and recover from what are bugs (or so you state). The more days passing with the update like it is the more players will be forced to spend units or money to cope up with problems that shouldnt be there.

In the last 24 hrs there s been more posts into the bug section than general chat, and anyone could name at least 10 bugs at a finger s snap time.

TAKE BACK the update and fix it offline. The politic of doing so while jeeping somwthing broken online is just painfully wrong and wont do anything but take more and more people from the game.

I don't believe it's as easy as just rolling back. If it was, that would have been on the table. These are layered Builds.