**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Motivation Post

ExHavokExHavok Posts: 518 ★★★
As a programmer , I know there can be bugs whenever you release an update or try to improve your work. But as I can see this release is worst of all time. I can't imagine the team that trying to work on resolve those bugs keep coming. Just imagine you are fixing one , and then there are two more, like hydra :( . Just good luck with it guys, I know it's hard.
For community members out there , just put yourself in someone that works in that team and imagine what they have been through past 24 hours, it's not easy to detect bugs. Don't go so hard on everyone works at kabam,they will fix it, there is no AQ or AW ,so it should be fine for one or two days.

Comments

• RellenquishRellenquish Posts: 92
    Well heres a motivation post.....
    WE WANT DARK VOID
  • Vale84Vale84 Posts: 308 ★★★
    Megavok said:

As a programmer , I know there can be bugs whenever you release an update or try to improve your work. But as I can see this release is worst of all time. I can't imagine the team that trying to work on resolve those bugs keep coming. Just imagine you are fixing one , and then there are two more, like hydra :( . Just good luck with it guys, I know it's hard.
    For community members out there , just put yourself in someone that works in that team and imagine what they have been through past 24 hours, it's not easy to detect bugs. Don't go so hard on everyone works at kabam,they will fix it, there is no AQ or AW ,so it should be fine for one or two days.

500 million dollar company can't stress test an update they work upon for 30 days. Aside that, said bugged update has been a leitmotif of the last 16 months. This one is just worse then the others, nonetheless i don't remember a single update not having bugs penalizing players NOT being solved for weeks. I could mention the evade bug which took 2 years, or the medusa autoblock one.

On the other side every single bug or almost all of bugs favouring players were fixed in a heartbeat. I could mention the revive farming spot as once.

Work? do you actually NOT review your own work before presenting it to the public? Would you send a curriculum with snot stains and sweat over it?

Fix? I'd like a fix. What about people doing content like act 6 or lol not knowing what bugged and what not? are they getting refunded? What about map 7 runners having to deal with bugged yondus, dominos?

What they had to change with this update was completely away from what bugged out. The sole reason this happens on a regular basis is because they can't literally spend one month without trying to kill every swiftway to face content players find, and are alwais meddling trying to take down any possible "easier" way discovered to cope up with the bs nodes they add on a regular base.

So us players get screwed over cause they try to screw us over silently. That's a double L for me.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    Vale84 said:

On the other side every single bug or almost all of bugs favouring players were fixed in a heartbeat. I could mention the revive farming spot as once.

When I say this statement is not true, I'm told I'm missing the point. When I let this go, I'm eventually told that no one disagrees with this point.

I made a list once of all the bugs that "favored" players that took longer than average to fix. The instant it fell off the front page, people had no problems asserting this again. I've concluded that this falls under the category of local-minimum complaining. It is the baseless complaint that does the least harm to lodge, as it doesn't lead to anywhere interesting that involves any alteration to the game any player would notice.

Also, it was very interesting to note that if something that benefits the players does take a long time to fix, the players can assert that it wasn't a bug at all but how it was "supposed to be" since it was happening for a long time. The Drax-Mordo animation sequence bug wasn't a bug that favored the players that took a long time to fix, no no, because that was happening for a long time it was how it was supposed to be, and the devs actually nerfed it.

In that sense, it is impossible for the devs to take a long time to fix a player-beneficial bug, because no player-beneficial bug that lasts long enough for players to become aware of it and use it is actually a bug.

Again, this is not true, and because this is not true there is literally no level of complaint that can force the devs to change it. It is like complaining the Earth's rotation is too fast. So it is completely wasted energy. But there's no forum rule prohibiting wasting energy.
  • DiablosUltimateDiablosUltimate Posts: 1,021 ★★★
    edited April 2019
    They reap what they sow, it's not just flops and lack of testing that causes negative reaction of community, but also how they go about it - they don't announce bugs like it would be proper to do (so every player in community knows that for example domino and red hulk synergy is bugged right now), barely even acknowledge it, and when they finally fix it, they do not compensate for it like more respectable game companies do. They show absolute lack of respect for players, so they get no respect in return, simple as that.
  • Vale84Vale84 Posts: 308 ★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Vale84 said:

When I say this statement is not true, I'm told I'm missing the point. When I let this go, I'm eventually told that no one disagrees with this point.

I made a list once of all the bugs that "favored" players that took longer than average to fix. The instant it fell off the front page, people had no problems asserting this again. I've concluded that this falls under the category of local-minimum complaining. It is the baseless complaint that does the least harm to lodge, as it doesn't lead to anywhere interesting that involves any alteration to the game any player would notice.

Also, it was very interesting to note that if something that benefits the players does take a long time to fix, the players can assert that it wasn't a bug at all but how it was "supposed to be" since it was happening for a long time. The Drax-Mordo animation sequence bug wasn't a bug that favored the players that took a long time to fix, no no, because that was happening for a long time it was how it was supposed to be, and the devs actually nerfed it.

In that sense, it is impossible for the devs to take a long time to fix a player-beneficial bug, because no player-beneficial bug that lasts long enough for players to become aware of it and use it is actually a bug.

Again, this is not true, and because this is not true there is literally no level of complaint that can force the devs to change it. It is like complaining the Earth's rotation is too fast. So it is completely wasted energy. But there's no forum rule prohibiting wasting energy.
    And once again you proceed to highlight a single statement in my post you then isolate and comment. I'll give you the point about what's favourable and what's not and the benefit of the doubt in my case (despite, again, there have been let's say "weird" bugs lasting for ages, previously not even aknowledged despite several posts about untill someone popped out a video where frame by frame it was proven a bug occurred).

Still. BAck on topic, we're addressing why an update literally breaking the game isn't tested properly before release. More over, we're trying to debat e why ALL of updates for this game aren't tested properly.

I'm not a pro by all means into coding or being a dev, but usually, at least from my experience, when you do make changes in certain champs or characters, and something goes wrong, THOSE said characters are going to be bugged. and behave in a way they're not meant to.

In this peculiar case (and by this case i mean MCoC and kabam), it's the first time ever i witness chanegs being made to champions and OTHER champions being affected by a moltitude of bugs.
    Which leads me to think that behind the curtains much more was touched and changed.

Now, i wouldn't even mind changes as long as they were announced. The so called "beneficial bugs" like drax and such wouldn't be received as "nerfs" if properly announced. Which RARELY happens.

I don't mind changes as long as i know they do happen, what i DO NOT LIKE at all is when changes are clearly made and the answer to a related question is "absolutely not, we didn't change that". Which despite everyone can see it's not the case, can't be proven either. That's so convenient.

That's why when you stealth change and you fail at it something like current update happens, and you as dev get to eat ***** cause what you tried to sneak failed, while keeping your users updated would prolly have caused some discontent, but surely spared this outrage in the end.