**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Backdraft intercept is broken - not included in known issues

Haji_SaabHaji_Saab Posts: 5,837 ★★★★★
The backdraft intercept is broken in this update and has not been acknowledged in known issues ... this is a big thing so please do not let it slide under the carpet ... Once you hit the block and dash back, the AI was already on my face, not giving me any chance to retaliate ...

Comments

• venon87venon87 Posts: 27
    This issue has happened to me also. Amongst many other issues this new release contains.
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,144 ★★★★★
    What I’m hav find is if the opponent rushed in at the same time your akt it delayed so you end op in get smash
  • Ultra8529Ultra8529 Posts: 526 ★★★
    Another issue that is apparently traceable to frame rates and/or speed of enemy AI. Please look into this.
  • Il_JooOIl_JooO Posts: 470 ★★
    THIS THREAD! KABAM, COME ON, THIS IS SOME YOU NEED TO URGENTLY LOOK INTO AS WELL
  • gforcefangforcefan Posts: 381 ★★★
    Yeah. This issue was painful when I tried to do act 5 content.
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    I hate to say anything but the reason it is probably taking a while to address is they may want to verify if that was intentional behavior or not.
    Haji_Saab said:

Lormif said:

I hate to say anything but the reason it is probably taking a while to address is they may want to verify if that was intentional behavior or not.

The AI can be programmed to absolutely decimate you no matter what you do ... so they have to leave some room for it ..

Secondly, the backdraft was already countered by AI by throwing a light attack .. this was introduced at start of 2018 ... you cannot reliably dash back - dash in all the time ... with light intercept, you could minimize your chances of retaliation but that also required quick reaction on your part ...
    I am not disagreeing with you, just pointing out this may be something that "works until it doesnt and you have to learn something else" sort of thing, as opposed to a "this is a designed function of the game"

• Arham1Arham1 Posts: 435 ★★
    Yes. This is happening with my Scarlet Witch. I used to intercept opponents to death but now they just counter the intercept too early...
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,245 ★★★★★
    @Haji_Saab

Still works although it seems sometimes the inputs aren’t reading as accurately as before.

https://youtu.be/55YPp4ydUUk
  • Troy_Elric123Troy_Elric123 Posts: 542 ★★★
    Did kabam seriously mess with the ability to intercept ? Some moves are jon Parry able that is those that can be. Parry not registering . Some times red hulk sp1 fired right after a combo missed completely. After the Annihilation even went live . Wow 👏👏
    There is already a thread for this with a moderator response, https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/roletracker/jump/131641
  • FitzhueFitzhue Posts: 15
    I feel like this is probably connected to sentinel recovering too quickly after his l1. It seems like the recovery time for the ai in general is much lower than it was
  • @xNig you are a ninja, sir. Awesome fight.
  • Helicopter_dugdugdugHelicopter_dugdugdug Posts: 555 ★★★
    Needs to be fixed
  • DJSergyDJSergy Posts: 170 ★★
    Hot fix already out lol 😂 been out for a few days now. Unfortunately it did not address the a lot of the issues we are seeing. Like this one. From what i can tell happens to some champs more than others. SL in LoL was doing it to me, which is weird because he doesn’t have a extra long reach on the dash forward.
  • KwAmOnKwAmOn Posts: 108
    The more aggressive the AI the more evident it's programmed to read your evade instantly to counter. Harder content getting harder and punishable.
  • DJSergyDJSergy Posts: 170 ★★
    KwAmOn said:

The more aggressive the AI the more evident it's programmed to read your evade instantly to counter. Harder content getting harder and punishable.

This is not about the AI being aggressive or not. This is about a change in the AI timing/speed/response time in this recent update causing the intercept to fail. That being said, the players need to know if this change was intentional to make the AI harder, or is it a side effect of a different change and it will be considered as a bug and fix at a later update.

I will add that another bug players are seing since the update is that the AI is now able to hit you in between your attacks while attacking their block. So this two issues are likely related, and the response time from the AI after blocking a hit was significantly reduced, allowing the AI to do things it wasn’t able to do pre v22
  • _VEGETA__VEGETA_ Posts: 24
    Yeah, ive stopped playing any content that can one shot me because with intercepts bugged, and parrys inconsistent, there is really no point playing the game in this state.
  • DraenathDraenath Posts: 237
    Any timeline on this?
  • Kabam LyraKabam Lyra Posts: 2,936 ★★★
    If you have any additional information about this issue, please provide it in this thread. Thank you!
This discussion has been closed.