**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

When is the new update coming? These bugs are ridiculous

I'm getting hit with specials in the middle of dashes. I can no longer bait without it taking a min or 2 into the fight. I've gone from a boss killer to a scrub, but yet I've done nothing wrong but get better.

Comments

• I have the same issues, combat mechanics are just broken.
    Can't evade properly or at all, random heavy attacks on my part without charging them, freezing up and not even evading once, and getting pulverized by the AI. Just poor combat all around. Thought it was a problem with my phone (lg V20) but this has been posted everywhere, even on YouTube by seaten. Seems like a long time for a fix.. It's beyond frustrating, the game has become unplayable
  • Manup456Manup456 Posts: 885 ★★★★
    edited May 2017
    This is totally out of control already, oh your beating Voodoo nah we will hit you with this so you lose half your health and voodoo is full again. But wait it gets better fighting and winning again nope here is another now your dead. What a freaking scam!!! Oh but after that everything is fine smh shame on you Kabam 1antle4cbuvp.png

• FalseOracleFalseOracle Posts: 148
    Joe35 wrote: »
    Hey, remember that speech by Miike? The 12.0 speech. This is going to make things smoother and the game better, etc. The future of the game will be better, etc. All that's happened since 12.0: My alliance folded, constant bugs and new flat rate system to blame, brand new champs not functioning correctly, old ones too, game crashing, having to use our resources because of bad programming.

Point is why did they try to fix something that wasn't broken. There are champs I don't even use anymore and the update was to make players use all of their champs. Constant bug patches which lead to more bugs. I'm noticing a troubling pattern. When the bug benefits us, it's fixed immediately. When it benefits Kabam, "we're researching that." However, the part that has me and my alliance so angry, is when we mention these bugs you act insulted and get very defensive. Don't ask for our feedback then. If I had a nickel for every time Kabam Miike says "everyone calm down" or "relax", I'd be a rich man. We've tried, we're frustrated, we've given you months to get it right.

Some of the most glaring issues are not even listed in your known bug thread. Pure Skill hasn't worked in a very long time. No one has answered my questions about it. Blank buff/debuffs, blank masteries, the unstoppable trigger going off twice...

Please don't take this as an offensive post. I'm trying to be patient. But come on, almost a few months is wearing on us. Some of my best friends have quit the game. One of the best parts of this game was playing along side your friends. We have bared with you through all of this. When is the game going to be pre 12.0 stable again. Sure there were bugs then, but nothing like now. This was supposed to be for the better.

I just keep hoping the next update addresses a lot more than you are posting/acknowledging. Thanks for your attention.

I'm still shaking my head at the Highway Analogy that Kabam Miike used. The one about an imaginary highway that was suspended in the air on delicate balancing beams or something and in order to get to your destination all cars needed to be able to complete the path but some paths had "hills" or something that some of the cars couldn't go over and only certain cars (the cars were champions like SW, Thor, DS, BW, etc.) would be able to complete the trip and it wouldn't be fair to other drivers that didn't have the right car. lol. That was funny!
  • Scotty2hotty33_Scotty2hotty33_ Posts: 85
    @Joe35 no offense taken. My main objective was trying to get the new update release. I've had many other bugs and lags. They've all been mentioned, and I sent in a support ticket. Everyone's frustration is understandable. I guess I'm hoping that something will be done. I really don't want to quit.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,192 ★★★★★
    @Joe35 no offense taken. My main objective was trying to get the new update release. I've had many other bugs and lags. They've all been mentioned, and I sent in a support ticket. Everyone's frustration is understandable. I guess I'm hoping that something will be done. I really don't want to quit.

They've mentioned they're aiming for the end of the month, but won't comment on the date. I think we could anticipate this week. Many people have been waiting for fixes, so I understand. They say it's a fix-heavy Build. I suppose it will be released when they're ready. Can't see it being much longer. It's the 27th, and the new Monthly Quest is coming.
  • GaryagGaryag Posts: 469
    I have played this game for three years and have yet to be able to do AQ,or AW due to the changes and nerfs this game has become switch and bait by kabam only thing this update will be money and find ways for us to pay to play i have noticed players quitting more abd more kabam wants money end of story these people do not care about us players that do not spend big money we are nothing game is now for these who can spend
    @Garyag the funny thing is before 12.0 I used to spend lol. Now I don't see the point in it. When they nerfed my DS I spent money and time on and 12.0 just made me a free to play player.
  • PonyboyPonyboy Posts: 122
    Thanks Joe. That's a good way to put it! The game was "perfect" before 12.0. Why mess with it? You don't know what you've got, till it's gone
    @GroundedWisdom I hope it's coming soon. Patience is wearing thin in the community.
  • NMEONESNMEONES Posts: 260 ★★
    It really feels like Kabam just doesn't care. They'll make another speech apologizing to us, maybe give us some free stuff [which blinds people to the fact that it's basically a payoff for us to look the other way and to just roll with it], then tell us that they will be more transparent. Then the cycle with start over again with the next major fault in the game. it's gotten to the point were I'm not even as mad as I usually am... I've come to expect it from them, and that in it's own is a problem I'm a newer player, I'm still in my first year of playing, and this is my experience with this game. I know no other pattern from Kabam. I really wish that I didn't love the game so much because nobody deserves to be treated the way we are treated. I truly hope Kabam steps it up, it's only fair. I'm not asking for anything more or less then what we, as the player base, deserve at this point. Get your affairs in order Kabam.
  • CrusherOfDreamsCrusherOfDreams Posts: 1,370 ★★★
    edited July 2017
    What's sad is that most of the bugs mentioned here, keep in mind that the last post was a month and a half ago, are still relevant. I found this thread while I was trying to find some good bug threads that I could vent in, since I'm jailed and can't make threads. Here's my rant/desperate suggestion to Kabam:

This game has been my favorite mobile game since the moment I downloaded it. It's the best Marvel game I've seen since Ultimate Alliance. It's got a large yet ever-expanding roster that contains most of our favorite superheroes. The combat is simple, but fun and addicting. For a very long time, the updates brought very few bugs with the exhilerating new content. New crystals, new Alliance features like Quests, Wars, and Loyalty. An event system. Masteries that add more of a strategic aspect to the game. Characters with in-depth abilities that require skill and smarts. Multiple game modes to keep you busy. A fun yet challenging upgrading system. And even a nice storyline to tie it altogether. That all changed with 12.0.

I was excited for the release of 12.0. The flat rates seemed way too confusing, but I figured Kabam would deliver some nice explanations and info to help me figure it out. I knew some bad champs would get reworked, like Magik was, and I knew that I'd be getting a lot of free stuff. I was pumped. It came out, and I loved it at first. I got to awaken Scarlet Witch, Star Lord, and Wolverine. Then, I started to do some fights. Things were great to start, but I wasn't fighting as well as I normally did. I thought I was just having an off day, which happens sometimes, but I began to realize it wasn't always me. Bugs were everywhere. I was missing hits, the game wasn't responding to some of my commands, and I was having to use lots of potions that I shouldn't have had to use. The game was still manageable, and I knew Kabam would release some fixes soon enough. After a short time, 12.0.1 was released, and we got some more awesome stuff for free due to all of the issues and complaints from the users. Some bugs were fixed, and everything was fine again. Then things went downhill.

12.0.1 fixed many bugs, but also caused some. Users, including me, came to the forums. Some were angry, some were patient, some just acted angry because they wanted more free things. Kabam suddenly seemed to disappear. Bugs were rampant, and update after update was released to fix the issues, but the bugs were like Hydra. When one was fixed, two more took its place. Moderator responses were limited, which was expected since there aren't many mods, but was a huge issue now that there were so many bugs. Kabam stopped giving out compensation at all, except that one time the game went down for Android for, from what I've heard, up to 8 hours. We weren't asking for compensation like 12.0 gave with all the shards and awakening gems, just some potions and revives so that we wouldn't have to waste our resources on Kabam's errors. There was none. Character after character was released, with about half being completely awful letdowns and the other half being overcomplicated and overpowered. The forums are full of threads like this with patient customers who just want the game restored to its former glory. But it's drowned by all the threads of people who've already hit the limit of tolerance and just started ranting and swearing and calling for boycotts. The moderators get frustrated by this, which is justifiable, but they tend to go on a spree of shutdowns and punishments where they close rude and outrageous threads, but slowly, the threads the close and delete and give warnings for morph from blatant disrespect to more of a frustrated cry for help. They'll see cuss words, and the thread gets closed. Then they'll see #### and the thread gets closed. Then they'll see people smearing Kabam and the thread gets closed. Then they'll see people who are angry that Kabam won't fix the bugs faster, and the thread gets closed. Then they'll see a thread of someone saying all the bugs suck, and the thread gets closed. That last one happened to me. That, alongside a few other things that I don't quite understand, is why I'm jailed. Things are escalating, and it's not good for anyone.

Kabam keeps letting bugs slip past, which hurts us. We complain about about getting hurt, which frustrates mods who close our threads. We get mad that our justified posts are closed and that the bug we were talking about remains ignored, so we post again. And it just goes back and forth. And anytime Kabam actually fixes some bugs, as I said earlier, it seems like twice as many just pop back up! We're all frustrated, and it gets worse with every update! Let me just list off all of the game-breaking bugs from recently. Some have been fixed, but most are still there, and worse than ever:
    Double evade bug
    Whiffing
    Crashing
    Unending Loading Screen
    Dexterity issues
    Parry issues
    Server errors and emergency shutdowns that occur far too often
    Unresponsive/Delayed motions
    Evade-while-hitting
    Enemies tracking us down across huge lengths with attacks that shouldn't propel you forward

That's TEN GAME-BREAKING BUGS that I came up with off the top of my head. It's nonsensical. And, as I said, reporting these bugs to the forums is nearly impossible. You're already frustrated when you post the bug, so you probably aren't going to be extremely polite. If you get a mod response at all, which is rare, they'll probably close it down since you said a couple somewhat rude things while you were frustrated. Now, whether you're thread went unseen or was closed, you're MORE frustrated, so you post AGAIN, and it's even MORE rude since you're so upset. It keeps getting worse and worse, and it's getting to the point that some of Kabam's most patient customers are flipping out and leaving the game! Contest of Champions is stuck in a death spiral, and there's one very simple solution:

Beta Team. Kabam needs to hire a HUGE Beta Team. If these bugs can get flushed out and fixed, but Kabam can manage to catch any new bugs before they're released, it'll all go back to normal. Kabam, please, were begging you. Hire more Beta Testers. Bugs are everywhere, and new ones pop up each update. You need to isolate the bugs that are problems now, and fix them slowly. You're doing that now. But you're also so focused on these OLD bugs that you let NEW ones slip in with every update. Even if we're being generous, the fixes and new bugs even out so that there was no progress. You gain as many points as you lose, and if not, you're losing points FASTER than you're gaining them. We want a stable and playable game again. Please. We love this game, but we can't play it as it is now. Please. Fix this game.
  • Scud70Scud70 Posts: 77
    @CrusherOfDreams great list man.. but were all pissing up wind here in the forums... we need to hit the reviews on playstore and app store and reduce the stars to 1.. id go to 0 if i could. One of the worst companies I've seen when it comes to testing and game development. Netmarble buying them has not even remotely helped... only hope is if they take it all to Korea and do it properly like they do with Future Fight... i hold no hope whatsoever in this changing .. it'll get worse till the game dies.
    Scud70 wrote: »
    @CrusherOfDreams great list man.. but were all pissing up wind here in the forums... we need to hit the reviews on playstore and app store and reduce the stars to 1.. id go to 0 if i could. One of the worst companies I've seen when it comes to testing and game development. Netmarble buying them has not even remotely helped... only hope is if they take it all to Korea and do it properly like they do with Future Fight... i hold no hope whatsoever in this changing .. it'll get worse till the game dies.

I'm not giving up hope yet. I honestly think that Kabam is a good company, they just refuse to act like it right now. If they can turn it around and work as well as they did up until 12.0, I'll have just about nothing but praise for them. And I don't believe that you've given up hope, either. If you were done caring about this whole situation, you wouldn't be on the forums. Whether you think so or not, you're here for a reason, and I think that reason is hope.

We're still here, Kabam. Everyone here is loyal and patient. You're testing our patience, that's for sure, but we've held up pretty well. If you can turn it around soon, most of us will still be here waiting. But you can't expect us to wait and wait if you keep telling us that you'll return to your former selves every update, but then never deliver. We'll be here, but you're on a time limit. Your remaining player base is a ticking time bomb. You still have time to turn it around and defuse us. But the more time you let tick away, the more of us you lose. Once the clock hits zero, you'll have no one left to spend money on your products. But it's not at zero. Not yet. There's still time. Defuse this bomb quickly, and you'll be happy that you did.
  • BludemerBludemer Posts: 5
    After this last update, does Scarlet even heal herself anymore? Of course she was nerfed again by 2%.
    Bludemer wrote: »
    After this last update, does Scarlet even heal herself anymore? Of course she was nerfed again by 2%.

Yes, she heals, but only about as often as Kabam gives us compensation. (That means very very rarely)
  • Tmasters1984Tmasters1984 Posts: 451
    My biggest disappointment lately is dealing with support.

They are , very clearly, just paying lip service to helping and aren't actually able to do anything of substance whatsoever.

Terms of service aside, there are currently Consumer Affairs and Better Business Bureau issues here (I would know, it's my field).

No one, of course, is going to launch a class action against Kabam or anything like that (which would be absurd), but there are definite problems with the way the consumers are treated, and the expectation that the consumer accept the deficiencies of product.
  • XzistXzist Posts: 1
    I've lost 2 of my champs to AI glitches in AS today. Frustrating and expensive.