Champion Spotlight - Annihilus

ANNIHILUS SUMMARY
Annihilus is a momentum based defender that excels when trapping his Opponent in a corner. Annihlus’ Cosmic Control Rod provides him an array of immunities and powerful attacks that allow him to generate Fury’s and Unstoppable Buffs.

BASE STATS & ABILITIES
Stats based on 4 Star, Rank 5, Level 50, Signature Level 99
HEALTH: 14900
ATTACK: 1092
MAX PI:
WITHOUT SIGNATURE: 3851

WITH SIGNATURE (99): 4713

Stats based on 5-Star, Rank 5, Level 65, Signature Level 200
HEALTH: 29874
MAX PI:
WITHOUT SIGNATURE: 7756

WITH SIGNATURE (200): 10480
Character Class: COSMIC
Basic Abilities: Cosmic Control Rod, Armor Break, Stifle, Unstoppable

COSMIC CONTROL ROD - BUFF
  • Annihilus gains the Cosmic Control Rod at the Start of the Fight.
  • Whenever any Buff would be removed by a Nullify, Fate Seal, or Stagger, the effect is Purified and the Cosmic Control Rod is removed for 10 seconds.
  • Immune to Incinerate, Frostbite, Coldsnap, and any effect that lowers or locks Power
  • While Taunted, gain True Accuracy, Unblockable, and Unstoppable.
Developer Note: The Cosmic Control Rod is the key to Annihilus’ kit. If you can remove this Buff he will struggle to turn the momentum of the battle in his favor. If you main Stark Spiderman, no need to read what this Buff does. You should just go fight Annihilus… everything will be fine.

OBLITERATING STRIKES
  • While the Cosmic Control Rod is active, all Attacks have a 60% chance to be an Obliterating Strike.
  • Obliterating Strikes are not affected by Ability Accuracy reduction.
  • Obliterating Strikes inflict Armor Break, reducing Armor Rating by 222.22 for 5 seconds.
  • Annihilus is Immune to incoming Stun Debuffs while launching an Obliterating Strike.
Developer Note: The Parry Mastery has no effect on Annihilus if his attack was an Obliterating Strike. Be careful! Confirm you successfully stunned him before launching your counter attack. That is unless you enjoy eating Bug Knuckle sandwiches.

STIFLE (MAX 12)
  • Whenever Annihilus would inflict an Armor Break, he also has a 100% chance to inflict Stifle, reducing Offensive Power Gain by 9% for 4 seconds.
  • While the Opponent is Stifled, Annihilus’ first Medium Attack in a combo removes 1 Stifle and generates 1 Fury Buff, increasing Attack Rating by 273 for 0.90 seconds.
  • If the Opponent Dashes Back while Stifled, Annihilus removes 1 Stifle and gains 1 Unstoppable Buff lasting 0.90 seconds.
Developer Note: Keep in mind that Stifles are still applied if the opponent is blocking, so sometimes it will be worth striking into a block to apply a few more Stifles to use later. When fighting against Annihilus, Stifles on their own aren’t that big of a deal. Don’t be afraid to let them stack up. The key is to pick the right time to dash back and get them off of you.

IT’S MIIIINE--!
  • When the Cosmic Control Rod is Removed, Annihilus gains 3 Fury Buffs, each increasing Attack Rating by 436.8 for 10 seconds.

SPECIAL 1: Control Infestation - Annihilus pounces onto his prey with two quick strikes, then fires a swarm of Control bugs to infest and dominate their mind.
  • Each hit Refreshes all Stifle Debuffs on the Opponent, the Final Hit pauses the Duration of all active Stifles for 6 seconds.
  • Any Paused Stifles on the Opponent increase Annihilus’ Offensive Power Gain by 9%.
Developer Note: Annihilus’ base kit is what makes him a powerful Defender, but using his Special Abilities correctly will make him a powerful Attacker. Constantly pressure your opponent and rush your Special 1 to stack up as many Stifles as possible to capitalize on his Special 2.

SPECIAL 2: Cosmic Obliteration - Annihlus cripples his Opponent with a burst of wind before unleashing a Devastating blast of energy from the Cosmic Control Rod.
  • When activating this Special, Annihilus consumes every Stifle on the Opponent, each generating 1 Fury increasing Attack Rating by 327.6 for 12 seconds.
Developer Note: At max Stifles this provides Annihilus with a 360% Attack Rating boost and will be the greatest source of damage output for Annihilus.

SPECIAL 3: The Living Death That Walks - Annihilus projects a horrific aura of fear, capable of crippling the minds of even the strongest willed Champions in the Realm.
    Annihilus inflicts the Opponent with 10 Stifle Debuffs, each reducing Offensive Power Gain by 9% for 4 seconds.
  • Until the Opponent has 0 Stifles remaining, the duration of Stifle Debuffs is increased by 125%
Developer Note: Once Annihlus drops his Special 3, every new Stifle he inflicts will last for 9 seconds making it much easier to build up the Special 2’s massive Fury boost. When facing Annihilus this Special is actual Nightmare Fuel, you’ll want to make sure you get rid of all the Stifles as quickly as possible before you get trapped in a corner with 9 second long Stifle Debuffs.

SIGNATURE ABILITY - TREMBLE BEFORE ME:
  • When Annihilus’ Opponents back is near a wall, Annihilus gains 1 Passive Aptitude Effect, increasing the Potency of all Fury, Armor Up, and Precision Buffs by 100%.
  • When Annihilus’ back is near a wall he gains a Passive Block Penetration Effect, allowing all attacks to ignore 100% of the Opponents Block Proficiency.
Developer Note: At max SIG, activating a Special 2 while the Opponents back is against a wall with 12 Stfile Debuffs will give Annihilus a whopping 720% attack rating increase for 12 seconds. Annihilus is an absolute monster when the momentum of the match is in his favor and this SIG doubles down on that theme.

SYNERGY BONUSES
CHALLENGER - UNIQUE SYNERGY
  • Hulk (Ragnarok) - While Face Me is active, Hulk gains a Passive Fury boosting attack damage by 12%.
  • Annihilus - Every time Annihilus’ Opponent activates a Fury effect, Annihilus gains an Armor Up Buff increasing Armor Rating by 8% for 4 seconds.
  • Contingency Plan - Whenever Hulk (Ragnarok) Strikes Annihilus with a SMASH attack, Annihilus gains 1 Fury Buff increasing Attack Rating by 100% for 4 seconds.
Developer Note: Annihilus trusts no one but himself, but he does ally with others every now and then. Each of Annihilus’ Synergies come with a Contingency Plan that provides him with a Unique effect that comes into play in that specific matchup.

DOUBLE NEGATIVE - UNIQUE SYNERGY
  • Darkhawk - Attack Rating increased by 9% while in any mode.
  • Annihilus - Annihilus is Taunted for 0.5 seconds when Striking an Auto Blocking Opponent while the Cosmic Control Rod is active. While Taunted, his Attack Rating is reduced by 40%.
  • Contingency Plan - If Annihilus is fighting Darkhawk, Darkhawk's Armor Rating is decreased by 15% while in any mode.
Developer Note: This one is a little weird. If the Cosmic Control Rod is active and Annihilus is taunted, he gains Unstoppable, Unblockable, and True Accuracy Buffs. So this Synergy just makes it so Annihlus blows through any Auto-Blocking champions.

RECOMMENDED MASTERIES
Enhanced Fury
  • This Mastery will increase the effectiveness of all Fury’s generated by Annihilus’s Special 2 and medium attacks.
Inequity
  • This mastery lowers the Opponents Attack Rating by up to 36% based on the number of active Debuffs. Since Annihlus will be applying so many Debuffs and has the ability to pause their duration, it’s relatively easy to cut down his Opponents Attack Rating.
STRENGTHS
Unstoppable pressure
  • Annihilus only needs to land a single hit to put his opponent into a bad situation. Once they’ve been stifled, dashing back will gift Annihilus an Unstoppable Buff allowing him to freely advance on his Opponent and loop them back into more pressure.
Immunity to Power Manipulation
  • Annihilus forces players to bait out his Special Attacks to prevent him from reaching a Special 3. Any attempts to lower his power will be instantly negated and any attempts to Taunt Annihilus will only be met with pain.
WEAKNESSES
Dependent on Cosmic Control Rod
  • Annihilus is highly susceptible to Nullifies, Fate Seals, and Staggers. Each time a Buff is to be removed by one of these effects, the Cosmic Control Rod will be the first to go, along with it all of his Immunities and his Ability to perform Obliterating Strikes.
Post edited by Kabam Zibiit on

Comments

• 5* 1092 attack huh????
  • Hey y'all!

Got a comic recommendation if you're interested in reading up on Annihilus for some history on what this Negative Zone villain is all about! I read it last week and was gladly reminded why I love older comics so much, not to mention it filled in some blanks on who this Champion is.

The comic is Fantastic Four Annual #6 (1963) and you can find it on Marvel's website by going here!

Unfortunately you do need to have a subscription but I'm of the mind that it is certainly worth it for the access to all these amazing comics-- old and new!
  • VoltolosVoltolos Posts: 540
    Only two synergies? Also where in the spotlight is his true strike? Its only mentioned in the Developer notes
  • Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,011
    I see inequity is listed as a recommended mastery. Is that mastery fixed yet? It’s acknowledged to be bugged.
  • EpistriatusEpistriatus Posts: 607
    Watch the uncollected version have double or triple power gain, absolutely fun times.....sigh.
  • D14rockD14rock Posts: 17
    Since it's so important to bait his specials while fighting him, we are absolutely screwed on All Or Nothing then, since we can't control his power gain...
  • Maldroit2Maldroit2 Posts: 517
    Doesn't look all that to me. But doesn't look all that good either. Ill have to get a 3* for testing
  • VoltolosVoltolos Posts: 540
    D14rock said:

Since it's so important to bait his specials while fighting him, we are absolutely screwed on All Or Nothing then, since we can't control his power gain...

You can nullify his control rod nad then control his power. Dr. Voodoo should work with that strategy
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 504
    Is the cosmic control rod considered a basic buff or will he need an additional buff to be nullified before he can lose it? Will Mephisto prevent him from getting Cosmic Control Rod and the furies for losing it at the start of the fight and potentially prevent Annihilus from getting it back for the entire fight?
  • Pacheco8000Pacheco8000 Posts: 4
    Is it available today
  • Pacheco8000Pacheco8000 Posts: 4
    Memphis can work too
  • Crine60Crine60 Posts: 229
    Where in the character description text that will be in-game (excluding developer notes which don't show up) is there any mention of him having the ability to go unlockable or gain true strike?
  • Erza_ScarletErza_Scarlet Posts: 78
    Crine60 said:

Where in the character description text that will be in-game (excluding developer notes which don't show up) is there any mention of him having the ability to go unlockable or gain true strike?

Yeah I've read this twice and didn't see any mention of that.
  • webtswxwebtswx Posts: 193
    what do you mean by "passive" aptitude buff and "passive" block penetration buff. i thought all buffs are active, and can't be passive.

confused
  • HeroBoltsyHeroBoltsy Posts: 603
    In the synergies section for Annihilus, this is stated:

Developer Note: This one is a little weird. If the Cosmic Control Rod is active and Annihilus is taunted, he gains Unstoppable, Unblockable, and True Strike Buffs. So this Synergy just makes it so Annihlus blows through any Auto-Blocking champions.

But I don't see any other reference to Taunt in the spotlight...
  • will-o-wispwill-o-wisp Posts: 6,346

Developer Note: This one is a little weird. If the Cosmic Control Rod is active and Annihilus is taunted, he gains Unstoppable, Unblockable, and True Strike Buffs. So this Synergy just makes it so Annihlus blows through any Auto-Blocking champions.

Looks like there is some text missing.
  • Ch1efsterCh1efster Posts: 410

Thought that was odd as well. First thought it was just a bonus for him when taking on auto-block champs with the synergy only. Looking at the rest, including his Strengths and developer notes, looks like he gets unstoppable, unblockable, and true strike any time a taunt is places on him. Was wondering after some of the new champs were starting to negate the abilities of the "God" tier champs, when they were going to add a hard counter to Sparky.
    i dont know if i got lucky in that fight. but i didnt find the uncollected annihilus boss fight to be hard. my corvus (6r2) just finished him normally.... i didnt even do anything special (just parry or intercept and MLM)

i even brought ronan along, but didnt end up using him at all.

so anti-climatic, lol
  • RotellyRotelly Posts: 264
    edited April 3

• Whenever any Buff would be removed by a Nullify, Fate Seal, or Stagger, the effect is Purified and the Cosmic Control Rod is removed for 10 seconds.
    • Immune to Incinerate, Frostbite, Coldsnap, and any effect that lowers or locks Power
    Developer Note: The Cosmic Control Rod is the key to Annihilus’ kit. If you can remove this Buff he will struggle to turn the momentum of the battle in his favor. If you main Stark Spiderman, no need to read what this Buff does. You should just go fight Annihilus… everything will be fine.
    While the control rod is active is he immune to passive and active incinerate/coldnsap or just debuffs?
  • SceptilemaniacSceptilemaniac Posts: 449
    webtswx said:

i dont know if i got lucky in that fight. but i didnt find the uncollected annihilus boss fight to be hard. my corvus (6r2) just finished him normally.... i didnt even do anything special (just parry or intercept and MLM)

so anti-climatic, lol

Fights with a 6/2 Corvus
    Surprisingly, fight seems anti-climatic.
    Well, I guess I'll have fun fighting with my 4/45 Sabertooth!!
  • Voltolos said:

Only two synergies? Also where in the spotlight is his true strike? Its only mentioned in the Developer notes

Apologies for the confusion there; his Cosmic Control Rod Buff also gives him the following effect:

-While Taunted, gain True Accuracy, Unblockable, and Unstoppable.

We've updated his spotlight to display this correctly.
  • webtswx said:

what do you mean by "passive" aptitude buff and "passive" block penetration buff. i thought all buffs are active, and can't be passive.

confused

Sorry for the confusion; there was a small typo. His Signature gives him access to a Passive Aptitude Effect and a Passive Block Penetration Effect, not Buffs. Updated the spotlight to specify this.
  • will-o-wispwill-o-wisp Posts: 6,346

webtswx said:

confused

Sorry for the confusion; there was a small typo. His Signature gives him access to a Passive Aptitude Effect and a Passive Block Penetration Effect, not Buffs. Updated the spotlight to specify this.
    If it is like that on the game as well, it should be fixed there too
    webtswx said:

so anti-climatic, lol

i can see annihilus being difficult on stun immune node. I think the reason why it felt easy was that my corvus was able to parry him and then do a ton of damage.

webtswx said:

so anti-climatic, lol

Fights with a 6/2 Corvus
    Surprisingly, fight seems anti-climatic.
    Well, I guess I'll have fun fighting with my 4/45 Sabertooth!!
    have fun ;)
  • elgaberinoelgaberino Posts: 38

Jesus, you guys are lame. “Hey, I have a new idea! Let’s give him unstoppable!” -Kabam devs

Clearly they're doing more with Unstoppable in the meta. The addition of Cap IW last year and the new sudden buffs to Spider-Gwen and She-Hulk helping them negate Unstoppable all should have signaled that Kabam plans to create more complicated uses of Unstoppable. It means you have to think harder choosing your team and try harder choosing your fights and in the fight itself. That's not lame. It favors knowledge, strategy, and skill and penalizes laziness.
  • CliffordcanCliffordcan Posts: 410

Jesus, you guys are lame. “Hey, I have a new idea! Let’s give him unstoppable!” -Kabam devs

Clearly they're doing more with Unstoppable in the meta. The addition of Cap IW last year and the new sudden buffs to Spider-Gwen and She-Hulk helping them negate Unstoppable all should have signaled that Kabam plans to create more complicated uses of Unstoppable. It means you have to think harder choosing your team and try harder choosing your fights and in the fight itself. That's not lame. It favors knowledge, strategy, and skill and penalizes laziness.
    Then they should fix the Slow Debuff to actually work.
  • DanveerKarnaDanveerKarna Posts: 71

ANNIHILUS SUMMARY
    Annihilus is a momentum based defender that excels when trapping his Opponent in a corner. Annihlus’ Cosmic Control Rod provides him an array of immunities and powerful attacks that allow him to generate Fury’s and Unstoppable Buffs.

BASE STATS & ABILITIES
    Stats based on 4 Star, Rank 5, Level 50, Signature Level 99
    HEALTH: 14900
    MAX PI:
    WITHOUT SIGNATURE: 3851

WITH SIGNATURE (99): 4713

Stats based on 5-Star, Rank 5, Level 65, Signature Level 200
    HEALTH: 29874
    MAX PI:
    WITHOUT SIGNATURE: 7756

WITH SIGNATURE (200): 10480
    Character Class: COSMIC
    Basic Abilities: Cosmic Control Rod, Armor Break, Stifle, Unstoppable

• While Taunted, gain True Accuracy, Unblockable, and Unstoppable.

OBLITERATING STRIKES
    • While the Cosmic Control Rod is active, all Attacks have a 60% chance to be an Obliterating Strike.
    • Obliterating Strikes are not affected by Ability Accuracy reduction.
    • Obliterating Strikes inflict Armor Break, reducing Armor Rating by 222.22 for 5 seconds.
    • Annihilus is Immune to incoming Stun Debuffs while launching an Obliterating Strike.
    Developer Note: The Parry Mastery has no effect on Annihilus if his attack was an Obliterating Strike. Be careful! Confirm you successfully stunned him before launching your counter attack. That is unless you enjoy eating Bug Knuckle sandwiches.

STIFLE (MAX 12)
    • Whenever Annihilus would inflict an Armor Break, he also has a 100% chance to inflict Stifle, reducing Offensive Power Gain by 9% for 4 seconds.
    • While the Opponent is Stifled, Annihilus’ first Medium Attack in a combo removes 1 Stifle and generates 1 Fury Buff, increasing Attack Rating by 273 for 0.90 seconds.
    • If the Opponent Dashes Back while Stifled, Annihilus removes 1 Stifle and gains 1 Unstoppable Buff lasting 0.90 seconds.
    Developer Note: Keep in mind that Stifles are still applied if the opponent is blocking, so sometimes it will be worth striking into a block to apply a few more Stifles to use later. When fighting against Annihilus, Stifles on their own aren’t that big of a deal. Don’t be afraid to let them stack up. The key is to pick the right time to dash back and get them off of you.

IT’S MIIIINE--!
    • When the Cosmic Control Rod is Removed, Annihilus gains 3 Fury Buffs, each increasing Attack Rating by 436.8 for 10 seconds.

SPECIAL 1: Control Infestation - Annihilus pounces onto his prey with two quick strikes, then fires a swarm of Control bugs to infest and dominate their mind.
    • Each hit Refreshes all Stifle Debuffs on the Opponent, the Final Hit pauses the Duration of all active Stifles for 6 seconds.
    • Any Paused Stifles on the Opponent increase Annihilus’ Offensive Power Gain by 9%.
    Developer Note: Annihilus’ base kit is what makes him a powerful Defender, but using his Special Abilities correctly will make him a powerful Attacker. Constantly pressure your opponent and rush your Special 1 to stack up as many Stifles as possible to capitalize on his Special 2.

SPECIAL 2: Cosmic Obliteration - Annihlus cripples his Opponent with a burst of wind before unleashing a Devastating blast of energy from the Cosmic Control Rod.
    • When activating this Special, Annihilus consumes every Stifle on the Opponent, each generating 1 Fury increasing Attack Rating by 327.6 for 12 seconds.
    Developer Note: At max Stifles this provides Annihilus with a 360% Attack Rating boost and will be the greatest source of damage output for Annihilus.

SPECIAL 3: The Living Death That Walks - Annihilus projects a horrific aura of fear, capable of crippling the minds of even the strongest willed Champions in the Realm.
      Annihilus inflicts the Opponent with 10 Stifle Debuffs, each reducing Offensive Power Gain by 9% for 4 seconds.
    • Until the Opponent has 0 Stifles remaining, the duration of Stifle Debuffs is increased by 125%
    Developer Note: Once Annihlus drops his Special 3, every new Stifle he inflicts will last for 9 seconds making it much easier to build up the Special 2’s massive Fury boost. When facing Annihilus this Special is actual Nightmare Fuel, you’ll want to make sure you get rid of all the Stifles as quickly as possible before you get trapped in a corner with 9 second long Stifle Debuffs.

SIGNATURE ABILITY - TREMBLE BEFORE ME:
    • When Annihilus’ Opponents back is near a wall, Annihilus gains 1 Passive Aptitude Effect, increasing the Potency of all Fury, Armor Up, and Precision Buffs by 100%.
    • When Annihilus’ back is near a wall he gains a Passive Block Penetration Effect, allowing all attacks to ignore 100% of the Opponents Block Proficiency.
    Developer Note: At max SIG, activating a Special 2 while the Opponents back is against a wall with 12 Stfile Debuffs will give Annihilus a whopping 720% attack rating increase for 12 seconds. Annihilus is an absolute monster when the momentum of the match is in his favor and this SIG doubles down on that theme.

SYNERGY BONUSES
    CHALLENGER - UNIQUE SYNERGY
    • Hulk (Ragnarok) - While Face Me is active, Hulk gains a Passive Fury boosting attack damage by 12%.
    • Annihilus - Every time Annihilus’ Opponent activates a Fury effect, Annihilus gains an Armor Up Buff increasing Armor Rating by 8% for 4 seconds.
    • Contingency Plan - Whenever Hulk (Ragnarok) Strikes Annihilus with a SMASH attack, Annihilus gains 1 Fury Buff increasing Attack Rating by 100% for 4 seconds.
    Developer Note: Annihilus trusts no one but himself, but he does ally with others every now and then. Each of Annihilus’ Synergies come with a Contingency Plan that provides him with a Unique effect that comes into play in that specific matchup.

DOUBLE NEGATIVE - UNIQUE SYNERGY
    • Darkhawk - Attack Rating increased by 9% while in any mode.
    • Annihilus - Annihilus is Taunted for 0.5 seconds when Striking an Auto Blocking Opponent while the Cosmic Control Rod is active. While Taunted, his Attack Rating is reduced by 40%.
    • Contingency Plan - If Annihilus is fighting Darkhawk, Darkhawk's Armor Rating is decreased by 15% while in any mode.
    Developer Note: This one is a little weird. If the Cosmic Control Rod is active and Annihilus is taunted, he gains Unstoppable, Unblockable, and True Accuracy Buffs. So this Synergy just makes it so Annihlus blows through any Auto-Blocking champions.

RECOMMENDED MASTERIES
    Enhanced Fury
    • This Mastery will increase the effectiveness of all Fury’s generated by Annihilus’s Special 2 and medium attacks.
    Inequity
    • This mastery lowers the Opponents Attack Rating by up to 36% based on the number of active Debuffs. Since Annihlus will be applying so many Debuffs and has the ability to pause their duration, it’s relatively easy to cut down his Opponents Attack Rating.
    STRENGTHS
    Unstoppable pressure
    • Annihilus only needs to land a single hit to put his opponent into a bad situation. Once they’ve been stifled, dashing back will gift Annihilus an Unstoppable Buff allowing him to freely advance on his Opponent and loop them back into more pressure.
    Immunity to Power Manipulation
    • Annihilus forces players to bait out his Special Attacks to prevent him from reaching a Special 3. Any attempts to lower his power will be instantly negated and any attempts to Taunt Annihilus will only be met with pain.
    WEAKNESSES
    Dependent on Cosmic Control Rod
    • Annihilus is highly susceptible to Nullifies, Fate Seals, and Staggers. Each time a Buff is to be removed by one of these effects, the Cosmic Control Rod will be the first to go, along with it all of his Immunities and his Ability to perform Obliterating Strikes.
    Attack is same for 4* and 5*. Kindly correct the value for 5*.