**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Anyone got a Legends title using an Android device? if so what device & which champ did you use?

LosspikLosspik Posts: 253 ★★
Hey guys! I have seen time & time again that due to load times on IPhone its being said that its the best way to go for a legends title.

I'm due for an upgrade in a couple months but an IPhone 7 plus is a bit out of my price range & quite honestly there is absolutely no other reason Id want an iPhone with the exception of the legends run which seems a bit silly to sit with a phone for 2 years to do 4 hours of content.

Id likely do it with my r4 Drax so the damage dealing is not an issue just the load times...

Comments

• DainslàifDainslàif Posts: 32
    *crickets chirp*
  • LosspikLosspik Posts: 253 ★★
    Yeah I suspect no one has done it but I'm sure I'm not the only person wondering
  • IrakliIrakli Posts: 148
    The loading delay was summed up to be about an hour for hero/master, doubt any character can compensate that.
  • GruftyGrufty Posts: 186
    Losspik wrote: »
    Yeah I suspect no one has done it but I'm sure I'm not the only person wondering

You're not the only one, I've consider a legends run but as I'm on Android I don't really want to waste my time and resources if I haven't got a chance.

As you've said, I don't want to buy an iPhone just for this game. I have considered borrowing sometimes iPhone, but I'd rather kabam fixed the timing issues.
  • LosspikLosspik Posts: 253 ★★
    If it's an hour difference then there's no chance. Thanks for the reply guys!
  • Mcord11758Mcord11758 Posts: 1,249 ★★★★
    Should have separate legends for android and iOS. If they can't manage to optimize their app for Android might as well just handle things that way
  • LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★
    It's not just iOS either. I tried web-slinger on iPhone 5s and finished in 1:47, which is obviously much too slow. First section took over 16 minutes so my load times are debilitating as well. Has to be new gen iPhone to make a speed Legend run.
  • HoidCosmereHoidCosmere Posts: 550 ★★
    Honestly, timed competition events like this should not exist if they can't level the playing field. At the very least they should have master unlocked to start so people with no chance or no desire to do a legends run can skip the heroic if they don't find it valuable to do.
  • LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★
    Most logical way to do it would be to only have the timer running while fights are active. This removes loading times, but causes a problem where people would not have to do it all at once since the timer wouldn't be active.

I don't know if possible or how much coding it would be, but most accurate would be to remove the loading times from the counter and only count fight times and time spent in game that's not a loading screen.
  • GruftyGrufty Posts: 186
    Most logical way to do it would be to only have the timer running while fights are active. This removes loading times, but causes a problem where people would not have to do it all at once since the timer wouldn't be active.

I don't know if possible or how much coding it would be, but most accurate would be to remove the loading times from the counter and only count fight times and time spent in game that's not a loading screen.

This could work.

All they would have to do, is start a separate timer when you select the fight button and stop it once the fight starts.

Then start the timer again as soon as KO appears on the screen and stop it once the map has loaded again.

Adding up all these timers and then subtract that time from the overall time.

This would not be difficult and would then make it fair for everyone regardless of their device.
  • MEŦAPħҰSMEŦAPħҰS Posts: 340 ★★
    im an android user. with full suicides and boosts my fastest legend run was 4:50.

there is no possible way to compete with IOS devices
  • EbbtideEbbtide Posts: 292 ★★
    edited August 2017

Unfortunately, I think there would still be problems with this. Performance issues continue to happen within the game, and it seems to broadly affect Android more. I have been dropped from fights countless times, making it that I have to shut down the game with the endless spinning wheel, and then restart the game. Instead of being a rapid rejoining, it can frequently cause me to have to wait minutes before I can finally log in. Sometimes at startup the game just spinning wheels again, and this can even happen when the logging in text shows or when it gets to the next menu with the spinning Spider-Man logo. I have had times where this occurred for over 10 minutes.

Essentially, time based competition doesn't work well if the game is not reliable enough to effectively work for everyone. Your idea of a fight timer makes total sense, but it still requires the game to work perfectly to not disrupt players efforts.

It would be a bit better if they expanded the options for a legend, so that it could be effective for all players. Other categories like:

-top 100 players with the least damage taken, showing evasion skill and being effective at combat and defense.

-top 100 players with the least needed hits given to win, showing strength in battle with efficient synergies, masteries and/or fighter style.

-top 100 players with the fewest amount of heals used, again showing efficient defense focus.

-top 100 players with the fewest amount of revives used, showing the needed ability to survive in combat.

These would allow more flexible options to Android players who excel in combat, but do not have things like 'time' on their side. In doing this, players would only qualify for one of these categories, and not all. So if you nailed the top 100 for least damage taken, you would not be able to also claim the other spots, allowing for more players to at least earn one of the other legend spots.

It might even be great if they expanded it to include focus on self challenge, like:

-top 100 to finish the fastest (or least hits, or least damage, or least amount of heals or revives used) with a strictly 4-star team.

or

-top 100 to finish the fastest (or least hits, or least damage, or least amount of heals or revives used) with a strictly 3-star team.

If they tracked that information, showing the skill required to intentionally use lesser rated champions would not only entice higher players to challenge themselves more, it would also allow newer players a chance at competing for a legend title themselves, ever expanding the competition among players.

Also, because of the suggested expanded option, the number could be reduced from something like top 100 to top 25 or 50 of each category. And many of the suggested options would work through things like random maintenance or connection issues, though dropped fights and loss of health would still be an issue.
  • R4GER4GE Posts: 1,530 ★★★★
    Id just assume see the "time attack" Legend titles removed and add something strictly based off skill. Phone shouldn't matter than. Once upon a time Legend titles carried a bit more meaning. Now they are less impressive since its become more of a "Im a Legend because of speed"
  • MEŦAPħҰSMEŦAPħҰS Posts: 340 ★★
    R4GE wrote: »
    Id just assume see the "time attack" Legend titles removed and add something strictly based off skill. Phone shouldn't matter than. Once upon a time Legend titles carried a bit more meaning. Now they are less impressive since its become more of a "Im a Legend because of speed"

100% agree
  • Vdh2008Vdh2008 Posts: 966 ★★★★
    I'd personally like to see base "legend points" given for awesome everyday things. Then after you hit a huge total of points, you get a title that is achievable and shows your true legend ability.

Things like AQ/ AW boss kills can give 5-10 points, and at 1000 or 5000 points, you get the title. You've personally killed a boss 500 times? You're worthy to be called a legend.

• R4GER4GE Posts: 1,530 ★★★★
    Vdh2008 wrote: »
    I'd personally like to see base "legend points" given for awesome everyday things. Then after you hit a huge total of points, you get a title that is achievable and shows your true legend ability.

Things like AQ/ AW boss kills can give 5-10 points, and at 1000 or 5000 points, you get the title. You've personally killed a boss 500 times? You're worthy to be called a legend.
    One thing alone that makes this a very bad idea is higher rated players being in a low rated alliance with low prestige. Meaning the difficulty is low as hell. In no way can I see your idea being worked into anything.
    But creating events based off skill alone is completely possible
  • Vdh2008Vdh2008 Posts: 966 ★★★★
    R4GE wrote: »
    Vdh2008 wrote: »

One thing alone that makes this a very bad idea is higher rated players being in a low rated alliance with low prestige. Meaning the difficulty is low as hell. In no way can I see your idea being worked into anything.
    But creating events based off skill alone is completely possible

I did not think of that... Still, I do agree that "fastest run" does not a legend make, and there needs to be more ways to get a legend title.