**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Announcing Event Quest: The Living Death Who Walks!

Comments

• Spurgeon14Spurgeon14 Posts: 1,665 ★★★★
    QuikPik said:

I hope the energy requirements are less since this one only runs 3 weeks.

I was thinking the same thing
  • OnlyOneAboveAllOnlyOneAboveAll Posts: 387 ★★
    Why only 20 days for this months EQ?
  • Vale84Vale84 Posts: 308 ★★★

WELCOME TO THE NEGATIVE ZONE

Armed with brand new Cosmic Radiation detection tech, Iron Man, Thing, and the Silver Surfer plunge themselves into the dying dimension known as the Negative Zone in search of another missing member of the Fantastic Four.

Their search and rescue soon becomes a seek and destroy, as they discover that none other than the Human Torch, Johnny Storm, is waging war against the cruel tyrant Annihilus. Can Thing bring his friend back from the brink of annihilation, before he succumbs to the nightmares of the Negative Zone? Find out in THE LIVING DEATH WHO WALKS!

THROUGH THE FIRE AND THE FLAMES

Combust’n out onto the scene, two new Champions make their mark on The Contest!

Johnny Storm, A.K.A. Human Torch, is the hotheaded rookie of the Fantastic Four, as well as the younger brother to fellow Four member Susan Storm. Thanks to a healthy dose of cosmic rays, Human Torch can fly, shoot fire, and bathe himself in flames so intense they burn everyone and everything around him.

Annihilus the Annihilator is the demented despot of the Negative Zone. An unnatural life born in the depths of the antimatter universe, Annihilus is a being of immense strength, durability, and unstoppable power. Armed with the incredible Cosmic Control Rod, Annihilus seeks to obliterate all life that might oppose his rule or threaten his supremacy.

Q&A
    How long does this Quest run for?
    This Quest will be starting on April 3rd at 10:00AM PDT and will run until April 24th at 10:00AM PDT. Those attempting Legends runs will have until 10 AM PDT on April 17th to 100% explore both Heroic and Master difficulties.

How do I get the Legends Title associated with Master Difficulty?
    The Legends Title and rewards will be given to the 100 players who 100% explore HEROIC AND MASTER difficulties in this Event Quest the fastest. Just like recent Event Quests, this Quest will take advantage of the Time Attack system we’ve put in place for our Monthly Quest Legends Program. This means that the players that completely explore Heroic and Master difficulty the fastest within the first 2 weeks of the Event being live will win the Title. More information on that can be found here:https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/27/time-attack-legends-program

In addition to this distinction, these first 100 will receive the following rewards:
    #1-5 - 3x Tier 4 Class Catalyst Crystal
    #6-100 - 1x Tier 4 Class Catalyst Crystal
    --

Rewards

For completing and mastering all of the Beginner Quests, you earn:
    4,000x Premium Crystal Shards (2x Crystals)
    150x Units
    900x Tier 4 Basic Catalyst Fragments
    2x Tier 1 Basic Catalysts
    2x Tier 2 Basic Catalysts
    15x Tier 3 Generic ISO
    18x Tier 2 Class ISO (3/each class)
    1x Hothead Title

For completing and mastering all of the Normal Quests, you earn:
    1x 3-Star Hela
    5,250x Premium Crystal Shards (2.5x Crystals)
    2,000x 3-Star Crystal Shards (1x Crystal)
    150x Units
    2,700x Tier 4 Basic Catalyst Fragments
    1x Alpha Catalyst
    3x Tier 2 Basic Catalysts
    5x Tier 3 Generic ISO
    7x Tier 4 Generic ISO
    30x Tier 2 Class ISO (5/each class)
    1x Hothead Title
    10x Antimatter

For completing and mastering all of the Heroic Quests, you earn:
    4,000x Premium Crystal Shards (2x Crystals)
    3x Premium Hero Crystals
    1x 3-Star Hero Crystal
    800x 4-Star Crystal Shards (40% of a Crystal)
    1,000x 5-Star Crystal Shards (10% of a Crystal)
    150x Units
    1x Tier 4 Basic Catalyst
    1x Alpha Catalyst
    2x Tier 3 Basic Catalysts
    12x Tier 4 Generic ISO
    30x Tier 3 Class ISO (5/each class)
    10x Tier 4 Class Catalyst Fragment Crystals
    1x Hothead Title
    13x Antimatter

For completing and mastering all of the Master Quests, you earn:
    3x Premium Hero Crystals
    1x 3-Star Hero Crystal
    6,000x 3-Star Crystal Shards (3x Crystals)
    2,000x 4-Star Crystal Shards (100% of a Crystal)
    1,500x 5-Star Crystal Shards (15% of a Crystal)
    150x Units
    3x Alpha Catalyst
    1x Tier 4 Basic Catalyst
    3,600x Tier 2 Alpha Catalyst Fragments (10% of a Catalyst)
    55x Tier 4 Class Catalyst Fragment Crystal
    10x 4-Star Signature Stone Crystals
    5x 5-Star Signature Stone Crystals
    28,000x Tier 4 Basic Catalyst Fragment
    1x Annihilator Title
    19x Antimatter

For completing and mastering all of the Uncollected Quests, you earn:
    4,020x 4-Star Crystal Shards
    7,500x 5-Star Crystal Shards
    2,500x 6-Star Crystal Shards
    12,000x Tier 2 Alpha Catalyst Fragment
    10x 5-Star Signature Stone Crystal
    9,000x Tier 5 Basic Catalyst Shard
    1x Tier 4 Class Catalyst Crystal
    22x Antimatter

Keep in mind, there will also be a Calendar that will award 10x Antimatter per week (40 Total). You'll also want to ration some of your Antimatter to purchase the 2nd Beacon of the year!

hello. The time lapse for this event quest is 7 days less than usual, i would say due to infinity war upcoming.

Altho i don't see any reduced energy cost or less energy cost paths in the event itself. Was this intended? With one less week i can see a lot of players unable to clear all that they need. Are you gonna do anything about it?
  • Samspade23Samspade23 Posts: 549 ★★
    The human torch looks like Neil Patrick Harris was smoking while pumping gas at the circle K. Underwhelmed by his design for sure.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,234 ★★★★★
    edited April 2019
    I doubt they're taking a few moves to the Bank. It's just Map filler. Every Map that comes has its own Energy Requirement. Besides, we can always wait a half an hour or so and not Refill, if it's down to 4 or 5 moves.

I doubt they're taking a few moves to the Bank. It's just Map filler. Every Map that comes has its own Energy Requirement. Besides, we can always wait a half an hour or so and not Refill, if it's down to 4 or 5 moves.

Hello? this event quest is lasting one week LESS. Meaning 3/4 amount of the time you'd normally have. Normally, the quest itself should abd would reflect a lower expiration time, but this doesnt. See what point i was trying to make? The map filler is fine, as long as you balance your dan event before releasing it with a timer cut down by a quarter.
    Please don't start your usual derail.
    Vale84 said:

Hello? this event quest is lasting one week LESS. Meaning 3/4 amount of the time you'd normally have. Normally, the quest itself should abd would reflect a lower expiration time, but this doesnt. See what point i was trying to make? The map filler is fine, as long as you balance your dan event before releasing it with a timer cut down by a quarter.
    Derail what? Every month we have an EQ that requires a certian amount of Energy. Maps are going to have connecting Paths that don't have Fights on them. It's not absolutely necessary to break the Bank for Energy Refills, you can use what comes and wait for it to fill. Some people use them to finish faster, but the idea that they're coining it on Energy Refills just doesn't make sense to me at all. Sorry. That's not a large source of income.

oh my god, dude, NOBODY LIKES YOOOU
    I'm not 12.
  • Mlee1829Mlee1829 Posts: 75

Vale84 said:

Derail what? Every month we have an EQ that requires a certian amount of Energy. Maps are going to have connecting Paths that don't have Fights on them. It's not absolutely necessary to break the Bank for Energy Refills, you can use what comes and wait for it to fill. Some people use them to finish faster, but the idea that they're coining it on Energy Refills just doesn't make sense to me at all. Sorry. That's not a large source of income.

I'm not 12.
    But why is the energy status quo when the time to finish it is 25% shorter?
    Mlee1829 said:

Vale84 said:

I'm not 12.
    Do we know the Energy required in total? Just to be sure it's the same, could be less. Anyone have the info?

Mlee1829 said:

Vale84 said:

I'm not 12.
    Do we know the Energy required in total? Just to be sure it's the same, could be less. Anyone have the info?
    MAYBE before joining a convo you should take the time to check facts, or so i would like to suggest you. There have been no changes into energy requirements this month despite time being cut to 3/4 of normal, and that's why many of us are concerned and debating this.

If we had a reduced energy cost, we wouldn't be here asking what's up with that, would we?

If we had not a reduced time frame to finish events, we wouldnt be here asking, would we?

And that' pretty much all about it. But given you can't provide a proper answer not being a kabam employee, why bother to jump into the fray if you didn't take time to check prior, i wonder.
    Your initial argument was that there were moves with no Fights, and they were trying to milk money out of Energy. I asked how much Energy it requires, and thus far, I see no totals online. You're complaining because it takes Energy to do the EQ 100%, which it always does. Regardless of whether we have 3 weeks or 4, it always requires a certain amount of Energy. 3 weeks is still ample time to do it. I would wager the majority finish well before the end of the month. Honestly, it sounds like you're venting.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★

Your initial argument was that there were moves with no Fights, and they were trying to milk money out of Energy. I asked how much Energy it requires, and thus far, I see no totals online. You're complaining because it takes Energy to do the EQ 100%, which it always does. Regardless of whether we have 3 weeks or 4, it always requires a certain amount of Energy. 3 weeks is still ample time to do it. I would wager the majority finish well before the end of the month. Honestly, it sounds like you're venting.

Not with bounty missions every 8 hours. You need a full bar of energy for those. There isn’t enough time with free energy to complete heroic - uncollected and 3x bounty missions daily.
    Jaded said:

Not with bounty missions every 8 hours. You need a full bar of energy for those. There isn’t enough time with free energy to complete heroic - uncollected and 3x bounty missions daily.
    If we're trying to do everything all at once, that's a scramble with 4 weeks.
    Also, we don't need to do all Difficulties of Bounties to help out, just one.

My initial and only argument was:

"If there's 1/4 less time why energy requirements for EQ weren't touched to reflect the time cut out?"

Then i made an example of the 15 energy empty nodes in last quest to show it could have been easily shortened to reflect the less available time as there's heaps of fightless nodes which could have been cut out.
    And last, a little poke on how few more energy refills won't make Kabam's day.

But you jumped right over the last poke without even considering what was written above.

As for the last of your answers, those make me smile, i won't lie. Putting content you aren't able to sustain with your own energy means putting out content people can't clear.

Again, micro transactions ingame should help speeding up process, shouldnt be the only way to be able to complete all content.

To put it in a simplier way to you, since you seem to lack the general knowledge others are showing here, the monthly content being putting up should be cleareable with just natural energy, leaving up to players whether or not speed up said process. As far as i can see, even if we had an extra week, natural energy refilling wouldnt be enough to run all content this month.

Hence i'm not venting, but expressing my concerns on something that clearly wasn't even tested out. If it was tested out, than it was purposedly kept so as to force the use of refills (hence monetizing a few bucks of energy refills like i pointed out joking), or they don't want you to be able to clear ALL content (hence, microtrasactions aren't being used as a mean to speed up process, but as the only way to clear all content, hence forbidding non spenders from having a fair same chanche at the same amount of rewards).

That said, i know you enough to understand you won't change your point of view no matter what, and as much as i find you hilarious, i'll respect it, but won't further ad anything to your answers, since you've proved to lack even a basic knowledge of what let me remind you is supposed to be a free to play game along it's "rules"
    It's not the first time this has happened, and no one said 4 weeks is mandatory. The last time, we got through it just fine. Have you stopped to think there are reasons to it? For example, contractual obligations with the upcoming Film. Then there's the fact that the Energy Requirement is connected to the Rewards. Are you willing to sacrifice a decrease in Rewards for less Energy? 3 weeks is enough time to do it, I would almost certainly argue that it doesn't take most people all 4 weeks to do it. I don't have a lack of knowledge. On the contrary, I have a great deal that doesn't lead me to overreact most of the time.
  • imaginejimimaginejim Posts: 333 ★★
    @GroundedWisdom, I kid, but I think you are missing the point. I do not have the data available, but if this EQ has the same energy requirements as previous EQ's, but a week less, that isn't fair and promotes additional spending for those that perhaps like to complete all 5 difficulties + bounties + chip away at story + look at and chip away at back issues, etc..

I understand defending the company as I have done on various occasions but this is an important question that many want an official response from Kabam, not a forum goer. You are speaking in hypotheticals and trying to play devil's advocate but you aren't adding anything as you have the same amount of information as the rest of us.

So unless you can show that the energy requirements are 25% less than previous months to coincide with the 25% less time to complete, please just refrain from offering your speculative hypotheticals and let Kabam answer.
    What I'm saying is this is not the first time the EQ was shorter and the Energy wasn't changed then. No one said it must be accompanied with 25% less Energy required. If that's the case, I would argue they should include 25% less Rewards.
    I do not think EQ Energy is a significant enough source of income to be considered a potential money grab, sorry. Especially when Energy can be purchased with farmable Units.
    Not to mention replenishes naturally, and with Help Requests. It's just my position. Some do spend on Energy, no doubt. I just don't agree that Energy Costs are a ploy to make money.
    edited April 2019

What I'm saying is this is not the first time the EQ was shorter and the Energy wasn't changed then. No one said it must be accompanied with 25% less Energy required. If that's the case, I would argue they should include 25% less Rewards.
    I do not think EQ Energy is a significant enough source of income to be considered a potential money grab, sorry. Especially when Energy can be purchased with farmable Units.

Please enlighten us. When was the last time we had 3 weeks to complete an EQ? I've been playing for over 3 years and it has never been this short but I'd love to be proven wrong.

And you can reduce energy requirements without reducing the number of fights, so the content still stays at the same difficulty, but you remove 25% of the blank spaces. This would not require a reduction in rewards and you are still completing the same amount of content.

Not that hard to grasp.

And yes, I know you can get revives from farming units but it isn't like they will take a week off from EQ after this one ends before the next one starts. That has happened zero times in the game. Yes, that's conjecture, but they would have no reason to end this one early of they weren't planning another one to start.

• xNigxNig Posts: 7,241 ★★★★★
    Seriously, if you’re going for Uncollected, you’re going to skimp on 10-12 refills and forgo the rewards?

If you’re not doing Uncollected, then 3 weeks is a lot of time to finish up the quest.

Most of the time, 3D events already provide us with refills. That’s 10 a month to fill your inventory.

As much as it’s a shorter timeframe but, likely not a much shorter EQ in terms of energy requirements, most people finish up their EQs in 2-3 weeks.

Tbh I’m not a fan of the shorter time frame and, if applicable, same energy to clear EQ, but it’s not a big deal.

Not to mention replenishes naturally, and with Help Requests. It's just my position. Some do spend on Energy, no doubt. I just don't agree that Energy Costs are a ploy to make money.

They literally just sold a package for energy refills a week or so ago that cost real money, not units. Try again.
    xNig said:

Seriously, if you’re going for Uncollected, you’re going to skimp on 10-12 refills and forgo the rewards?

If you’re not doing Uncollected, then 3 weeks is a lot of time to finish up the quest.

Most of the time, 3D events already provide us with refills. That’s 10 a month to fill your inventory.

As much as it’s a shorter timeframe but, likely not a much shorter EQ in terms of energy requirements, most people finish up their EQs in 2-3 weeks.

Tbh I’m not a fan of the shorter time frame and, if applicable, same energy to clear EQ, but it’s not a big deal.

It is what it is, but the point that a lot of us are trying to get across is that we would like some sort of response from Kabam on this. Not hypotheticals from forum goers.

@Kabam_mike @Kabam Vydious any feedback on our questions?

They literally just sold a package for energy refills a week or so ago that cost real money, not units. Try again.
    Huh? They cost money? I remember stocking up on refills. They were the 6 for 150 units deal.

I see. So because they sold a deal with Energy, which we all would use regardless because we use it for Quests, you've conjectured that into "EQ is ending a week early, and they're trying to make money from us.".
    They also gave us 5 free Refills in an Email, and offered the usual Unit Deal for extra. I suppose that escaped your calculations.
    I disagree, and that's not going to change. The Energy is within range of the Rewards, always has been. It has nothing to do with miking money from Refills, and everything to do with the appropriate amount of Energy required for the Rewards.

I see. So because they sold a deal with Energy, which we all would use regardless because we use it for Quests, you've conjectured that into "EQ is ending a week early, and they're trying to make money from us.".
    They also gave us 5 free Refills in an Email, and offered the usual Unit Deal for extra. I suppose that escaped your calculations.
    I disagree, and that's not going to change. The Energy is within range of the Rewards, always has been. It has nothing to do with miking money from Refills, and everything to do with the appropriate amount of Energy required for the Rewards.
    They gave us 5 free due to so many issues in the game which you have also defended to no end. So with that, I see it is pointless trying to reason with you. I'm done. You have your own agenda. Let's just go back to my original post and say that we don't want to hear from you. We want to hear from Kabam. Unless you are a Kabam employee, your opinion doesn't answer our legitimate question.
    xNig said:

Huh? They cost money? I remember stocking up on refills. They were the 6 for 150 units deal.
    Was it? I was just looking at my purchases from last month.... Perhaps they did two offers.

xNig said:

It is what it is, but the point that a lot of us are trying to get across is that we would like some sort of response from Kabam on this. Not hypotheticals from forum goers.

@Kabam_mike @Kabam Vydious any feedback on our questions?
    What I’m trying to understand from your perspective is, why the unhappiness?

Cause it’s “unfair” that there’s a shorter time to complete a regular length EQ?

Cause there’s empty nodes between enemies and you find it’s a waste of energy?

xNig said:

Was it? I was just looking at my purchases from last month.... Perhaps they did two offers.

There was the usual Energy Bundle in the Store as well. Bought it for 150 Units, right around the time we got it for the Badge.