**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

EQ length of time

doctorbdoctorb Posts: 1,716 ★★★
Did kabam make a mistake this month making the EQ only 20 days?

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,192 ★★★★★
    doctorb said:

Did kabam make a mistake this month making the EQ only 20 days?

No, Endgame is coming at the end of the month.
  • I agree with less paths or a lower energy cost, to make up for the shortened window to explore it.
  • tinman76tinman76 Posts: 116
    I can normally clear everything I do in a week. I'm also a FTP player. Just need to know how to save resources.
  • SungjSungj Posts: 2,111 ★★★★★
    Tayyab82 said:

Please do some math before posting an idiotic response. Don't just write for the purpose of proving someone wrong.

Can you explain how it's possible to clear everything in a week for a FTP?

One can earn a max 2436 energy (Also considering energy help being cleared every 8 hrs) in a week, that too only if the person is playing 24x7, which ain't possible unless he/ she is a looney. Energy requirement I believe varies between 1100 - 1500 for EQ modes (Normal to UC). Rest, do the math.

Energy refills can be saved through alliance rewards and such. One week to explore uncollected for a free to play player is not that difficult.
  • SirmacoolSirmacool Posts: 389 ★★
    Grind arena daily. You will have more than enough units to buy energy refills. The last week I earned enough units to buy 15. Still have 100k BC day o open. So at least 20 refills a week. 80 in a month. You can do EQ in a week easy
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    Tayyab82 said:

Sirmacool said:

Grind arena daily. You will have more than enough units to buy energy refills. The last week I earned enough units to buy 15. Still have 100k BC day o open. So at least 20 refills a week. 80 in a month. You can do EQ in a week easy

Thats not FTP
    You have a weird definition of F2P.

I’m F2P and have already 100% UC 12 hours ago.
  • Mr_EMr_E Posts: 129
    It's ftp if you don't spend... Grinding doesn't constitute spending so energy refills from grinding are not considered non Ftp
  • Blaker78Blaker78 Posts: 133
    Tayyab82 said:

Sungj said:

Tayyab82 said:

Please do some math before posting an idiotic response. Don't just write for the purpose of proving someone wrong.

One can earn a max 2436 energy (Also considering energy help being cleared every 8 hrs) in a week, that too only if the person is playing 24x7, which ain't possible unless he/ she is a looney. Energy requirement I believe varies between 1100 - 1500 for EQ modes (Normal to UC). Rest, do the math.

Energy refills can be saved through alliance rewards and such. One week to explore uncollected for a free to play player is not that difficult.
    One mode is doable, but clearing every mode in a week is not possible for FTP. Please read the comment to which I responded
    you do know that F2P just means you dont spend money right? You can still spend units that you get free in the game from Battle chips, arena milestones and solo events. On top of that there are plenty of alliance events that get you free energy refills. This makes it very easy to complete every mode in one week or even one day if you have the spare time. Many F2P players have thousands of units saved from grinding arenas.
  • Blaker78Blaker78 Posts: 133
    i like how the person who took us off topic is now complaining about the fact that we arent on topic.

Only reason I dont have a problem with the reduced time is because we are in off season for AW so I have more time with my top champs to complete Uncollected. I tend to use energy refills to complete Uncollected and then just my daily energy for master and heroic if I have time.
    Though I do wonder why the shortened timer as well. Will there be some other event starting before the month ends. Seems kind of odd that we wouldnt get the full month for EQ as we have had plenty of other events running at the same time as EQ in the past.
  • JRock808JRock808 Posts: 1,149 ★★★★
    It's just a lack of player consideration. Some events are up to 5 weeks long with the same energy cost, but to cut the time to 60% of that and keep the same energy cost is just blatant disregard (or ignorance) of players, their time and money.

Of course you can burn units for refills, units you won't have for act 5/6, variant or the inevitable insane thanos next month.

Yeah you can grind arena, but if the event questbis already pushing the limits of time, when are you going to arena for hours on end?

Of course many people,will deal with it and tell you to do the same, but that doesn't make it a good decision and it certainly doesn't give any consideration to the player base,

Not to mention all the issues that are causing some segment of the player base to find the game unplayable, at least at a point they are used to or prepared for.

Bottom line, Kabam doesn't care. If they did, they would have cut some paths, shortened some paths and/or reduced energy costs.
  • SidDDragonSidDDragon Posts: 1,183 ★★★
    Just because a certain section of players finish the monthly quests on the first few hours/days,it doesn't give any reason as to why the paths weren't reduced to be in line with the shortened span of this month's quest...once the war season starts,it will be very tough to find the time where we have all our best champs available and that coupled with shortened time for the monthly EQ makes this game an every bigger grind than it already is
  • StewmanStewman Posts: 735 ★★★
    Tayyab82 said:

tinman76 said:

I can normally clear everything I do in a week. I'm also a FTP player. Just need to know how to save resources.

Right
    Because Free to Play means you are unable to earn units to use for energy refills.

• StewmanStewman Posts: 735 ★★★
    edited April 2019
    I also wish they had shortened the energy requirements.
  • Ace_QuillAce_Quill Posts: 57
    Why are any of you burning a ton of units on energy refills for a difficulty such as beginner or normal that only gives you 5 refills worth of units?

That's the rub here. This is the first time ever the EQ (and supplemental content) can't be completed in the allotted time without a considerable number of energy refills. I complete all 5 difficulties every month and I use the refills from alliance missions etc. I sometimes finish the 35 day events with a week to spare. Usually it is a couple days.

I find it unacceptable that content on a finite timer is provided without enough time to complete it.

Using refills is asinine because what you get on rewards won't pay for the refills you need to use.

@Kabam Miike any comment on this? Is the 21 day timer on purpose? A mistake? Maybe put some refills in arena rank rewards or milestones to help us out this month?
  • jeffgmngjeffgmng Posts: 115

Why is this even a debate? 😅 Reduced time frame to complete EQ should equate to reduced paths. It's a no-brainer.

Say it louder please. “F2p arena grinder” at the back cant here it.

• QuikPikQuikPik Posts: 799 ★★★★
    Has anyone added up the amount of energy required for this EQ vs the last month?
  • Hort4Hort4 Posts: 494 ★★★

It's weird to expect someone to grind arena and save units for completing EQ. Many (who have life) prefers only questing instead doing arena.

And as far as alliance events are concerned, I believe it's two full energy refill a week and that's not enough to clear all modes.

By the way what is topic here? Less time for EQ but no deduction in path. Less stick to the topic

I find that it is weird that F2P players that do not contribute in any way financially to the game now want to be catered to so that they can finish content by shortening the paths.

Your response about playing 24/7 also isn't correct. You use your energy all up before sleeping and then there are 7 hours before you need to play again to utilize energy.

• KalantakKalantak Posts: 1,291 ★★★★
    Paths seems to be same as previous AQs! Because of bugs common fights r even super difficult and time is only 20 days , i doubt we will get any update for these bugs during these 20 days!! I would have preferred if it was common 30-35 days and this amount of paths