**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

The Pool's Gambit Boss Rush is Coming! Nobody can stop me now!

Comments

• SnizzbarSnizzbar Posts: 2,142 ★★★★★
    Drooped2 said:

Drooped2 said:

Drooped2 said:

Solswerd said:

Drooped2 said:

The_Boss9 said:

Drooped2 said:

John757 said:

Everyone I’ve talked to thought it was really fun

Everyone I talked to thinks it was a waste of time to do it
    V1PER1987 said:

Drooped2 said:

John757 said:

Glad I’m not in your alliance. Sounds like a bunch of fun loving guys 😂
    Im.glad you arent either you think non challenging content is fun.
    Really dont need guys like you
    Someone’s salty today
    I'm the same everyday. I like difficult content the announcement said this was going to be a challenge.

Sorry I'm not a fan of fluff and being lied to
    I know what you are saying....it's like they treated the whole thing like a giant April Fools joke....it is just crazy....
    Was released the 2nd which isnt a even a made up holiday anywhere so.
    M8, take a step back and smell the roses. This challenge was meant to be funny, not a massive cash grab.
    Then announce it as a funny quest. They announced a CHALLENGE and released a joke.

All im.asking for is difficulty to match the hype and announcement they make
    Announcing it as a funny quest isn't really in the spirit of April Fools...
    Making it super hard for no reward would have been funnier to me then telling me it's super hard and making it easy.

But I really wasnt kidding when I said I lack a sense of humor in the thread about this the other day
    You could probably also add 'sense of perspective' to the list of things you don't have.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Drooped2 said:

Drooped2 said:

Drooped2 said:

Solswerd said:

Drooped2 said:

The_Boss9 said:

Drooped2 said:

John757 said:

V1PER1987 said:

Drooped2 said:

John757 said:

Someone’s salty today
    I'm the same everyday. I like difficult content the announcement said this was going to be a challenge.

I know what you are saying....it's like they treated the whole thing like a giant April Fools joke....it is just crazy....
    Was released the 2nd which isnt a even a made up holiday anywhere so.
    M8, take a step back and smell the roses. This challenge was meant to be funny, not a massive cash grab.
    Then announce it as a funny quest. They announced a CHALLENGE and released a joke.

All im.asking for is difficulty to match the hype and announcement they make
    Announcing it as a funny quest isn't really in the spirit of April Fools...
    Making it super hard for no reward would have been funnier to me then telling me it's super hard and making it easy.

But I really wasnt kidding when I said I lack a sense of humor in the thread about this the other day
    Fair enough. I remember you saying that. I guess this is a situation where you just have to accept that lots of players enjoyed this because it was funny. Like I said I'm generally with you. Gwenpool to the movies felt like a chore. No challenge and just logging time to get the reward. But this quest took no time and made me laugh.
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    Drooped2 said:

V1PER1987 said:

Drooped2 said:

Dear Players

We are releasing an April Fools quest. Don’t bother playing it since it’s just for the lols.

Sincerely, Kabam.

Just dont use the word challenging if it's not. Pretty simple.
    They never said the quest was challenging just the buffs. So... they didn’t lie. Now obviously you’re agitated so why don’t you go take a break from forums before you burst a vein.
    Except they did

Your highlighter is broken. Doesn’t prove anything.
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    Drooped2 said:

V1PER1987 said:

Drooped2 said:

V1PER1987 said:

Drooped2 said:

Dear Players

We are releasing an April Fools quest. Don’t bother playing it since it’s just for the lols.

Sincerely, Kabam.

Just dont use the word challenging if it's not. Pretty simple.
    They never said the quest was challenging just the buffs. So... they didn’t lie. Now obviously you’re agitated so why don’t you go take a break from forums before you burst a vein.
    Except they did

Your highlighter is broken. Doesn’t prove anything.
    Read right above it my highlighter has never been used before today I saw draw and figured I could underline it.
    Well since you lack the self awareness to understand this is a joke that the majority of people enjoyed and you won’t seem to stop complaining despite being so angered about being lied to, I will end the conversation. Sorry you didn’t enjoy the laughs. Hopefully Back Issues 2 has what you’re looking for.
  • Fred_JoeityFred_Joeity Posts: 1,168 ★★★
    Think about it this way: it was incredibly challenging to do if you had no idea what the nodes were supposed to do. Look at how long it took Seatin to get down the third Deadpool. A lot of the fun for me was trying to figure out what the heck was going on with all the crazy conditions
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    How much challenge do you expect for a 4*? Lol. Are we complaining about not being challenged when Variant will be out in a werk or so, and most people won't even be able to touch it? Lord.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,558 Guardian
    edited April 2019
    Drooped2 said:

will there be anything else in rewards other than 4* and title?

Drooped2 said:

V1PER1987 said:

Drooped2 said:

The_Boss9 said:

Drooped2 said:

John757 said:

V1PER1987 said:

Drooped2 said:

John757 said:

Someone’s salty today

Who lied to you exactly?
    Wow! Flattered! Each fight in this Boss Rush (that I made) will feature a different and challenging Buff.

CHALLENGING it was a lie.

You can always try making it a Challenge for yourself. Try to do it again with 2-Star Champions, or do a run with no Special Attacks, or only bringing in one Champion.
    You could always just make it challenging too. You are the people who hyped it.and said.it was a challenge after all
    Any reasonable person would know it isn't possible to make content that is challenging for everyone. Whenever someone says that something will be a challenge, even outside of obvious jokes like this, claiming they lied if it isn't challenging to you is holding someone to a completely unreasonable standard. The best you can do is create content that contains the opportunity to be challenging, which even factoring in the humor element of the content does exist.
    Tsoderbe said:

That was a fun boss rush. Very weird. I'm still not quite sure how I won the last node.

There's three main strategies that work for the last fight. You can use a champion like Vision and healblock Deadpool. Or you can use a champion like Gwenpool and bleed him to death.

Or, and this is my personal favorite tactic (jump to 5:14):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpN-0u8pfek#t=5m14s
  • grimshaidgrimshaid Posts: 2
    Great (and sadly mistaken) description for the worst experience I’ve seen in this game. Literally, you can shove this one.
    grimshaid said:

Great (and sadly mistaken) description for the worst experience I’ve seen in this game. Literally, you can shove this one.

Whenever people say that game developers like Kabam should "listen to the players" I think of comments like this. Some people really like the content, and by content I mean all aspects of the content including the announcements and discussion surrounding the content as well as the gameplay. Some people really hate the content. The question is: who should game developers target in a situation like this?

There is a correct answer to this question. The answer is: neither of them. The players to target in an online game like MCOC are the players that don't necessarily like or hate the content, but are perfectly fine with any content that some fraction of the playerbase likes, so long as some fraction of the time they will also get content they like. These are the people you want: the people tolerant of the fact that the playerbase isn't a hive mind, and there's no way to make everyone happy with everything, so are willing to tolerate the parts they don't care for as long as they get parts they do care for in some fashion.

Those aren't just the kind of player you want, they are the *only* kind of player you want. No one else is worth the effort it takes to keep.
  • Mathking13Mathking13 Posts: 988 ★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Tsoderbe said:

That was a fun boss rush. Very weird. I'm still not quite sure how I won the last node.

There's three main strategies that work for the last fight. You can use a champion like Vision and healblock Deadpool. Or you can use a champion like Gwenpool and bleed him to death.

Or, and this is my personal favorite tactic (jump to 5:14):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpN-0u8pfek#t=5m14s
    lol I love that. That's just nice.
  • RasiloverRasilover Posts: 1,440 ★★★★
    Drooped2 said:

John757 said:

V1PER1987 said:

Drooped2 said:

John757 said:

Lighten up a little.
    Jeez
  • Mathking13Mathking13 Posts: 988 ★★★
    So I just want to put my thoughts on this boss rush here... don't worry it's in spoiler tags so you don't have to read it unless you want to.

Fight 1: UNBLOCKABLE ATTACKS. I love this one. Can all of the Unblockable Finale nodes work like this, where they take 7% damage if they miss?
    Fight 2: ONE PUNCH. This one is cool, and it's nice that it's so early in the quest that it's not too bad if you lose all your champs to it.
    Fight 3: SUPER ARMOR. Metal is a good conductor of energy
    attacks
    . Enough said. Oh yeah but if you don't want to do that, it's a nice practice opportunity for earlier game players in lasting through a long fight.
    Fight 4: THE OL' SWITCHEROO. Probably the most annoying of the fights in this boss rush. But you've gotta have someone who's gonna give the players a bad time...
    hmm... DEADPOOL IS SANS CONFIRMED

Fight 5: A WORD IN FRENCH WHICH I CAN'T REMEMBER. Cool. sorta like Invade. Could we have this be a thing? Like think Coward but you can only deal 1% max health as damage per blocked hit. But don't put it in AW. That would just be cruel.
    Fight 6: L33T HAXOR. :cough: uh... Thrillson? Hacking is bad. Don't do it. It destroys the COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE of the game. And nobody will love you for it.

Overall, I love what I've seen, and I look forward to doing it when I get home from school today.
    Yes. At the time that I am writing this, my only 'experience' with this quest is from watching people play it. Still looking forward to completing it, though.
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,645 ★★★★★
    edited April 2019
    Pretty easy and by easy I mean everyone should have a go. The final deadpool probably should come with an epilepsy warning lol.

I did it with 4/40 Loki, 4/40 Vision AoU and 4/40 magik.

Used Loki for everything except the last fight, anyone with power gain and a ranged attack is great for the one shot, one kill Deadpool if you are not a great intercept (like me) as well as any unblockable attack node so loki, mordo, hyp etc
  • WabobaWaboba Posts: 262 ★★
    WingTSE said:

That's right, I did it! I stayed up all night, but I did it...

I have to admit, this was a lot harder than I thought it would be... Making a Boss Rush isn't easy. I really don't know what I'm doing with these nodes, so that'll be fun for you to figure out.

Pool's Gambit

You recently voted on your top six favorite Champions. Not online or anything, but in your hearts. You voted with your feelings and I heard you LOUD and clear. So look forward to a challenging Quest where you’ll face off against these Champions (as totally chosen by you): Deadpool, Deadpool, Deadpool, Deadpool, Deadpool and Deadpool

Wow! Flattered! Each fight in this Boss Rush (that I made) will feature a different and challenging Buff (that I made with no prior knowledge on how to make a buff at all).One Champion might be good against Deadpool but you’ll need to change tactics when facing off against Deadpool!

The Rewards
    Yes. There will be those.

Okay, but what are they?
    Right! I also made my own Crystal! This crystal guarantees a 4-Star Champion with an increased chance at a 4-Star Venompool, Gwenpool, Masacre, or Deadpool (X-Force). I also made my own Title! Complete the whole quest (that I made on my own with no help from anybody) and you'll get the shiny new "All I got was this Lousy Title" Title!

"But Thrillson! I don't need a 4-Star!" So? Then don't do it. There's a new Back Issues coming out in the next couple weeks. You can wait for that if you want, but you'll miss out on the greatest quest that's ever existed!

You've got until April 17th at 10am to Finish this Quest, so get at it! Your time starts.... Soon. At like, 10am Vancouver time today. That's where my movies were filmed!

Highly doubt it but would like know.

Will there be a legends title run for this boss run?

Had a couple guys in my ally ask
    If there is any Legends Run for any quest, kabam will announce it on the OP, Since there isn't any mention of it, we won't have a legends run.
    So The answer is No.
  • HalleyHalley Posts: 383 ★★
    Boss rush is quite funny though! Tricky but good to play! It's different from other events.
  • AnkalagonnAnkalagonn Posts: 535 ★★
    Hopefully Kabam will only take just the good feedback from this thread. It was fun, I must admit I was frustrated for a bit, and I refused to pay a revive with the super armor node, but then I got two rewards:

1 - A free and awesome 4*... I consider 4* OG DD a valuable tool!
    2 - A good lesson for me playing this game in the future: read the freaking nodes.

The second one is even more valuable for me.

Thank you Kabam! I truly enjoyed this quest
  • Drooped2 said:

Well i.can see why you arent.allowed.to make quests 8 minutes and done most boring thing ever

Thats the point. Its an april fools quest not meant to be taken seriously
  • bob52bob52 Posts: 35
    I've only got a handful of 4* champs am struggling on the third fight. I don't have Havok, Magik or Omega Red. Any tips?
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    bob52 said:

I've only got a handful of 4* champs am struggling on the third fight. I don't have Havok, Magik or Omega Red. Any tips?

IMO, no specific champs are required at all. I used Blade or Yondu for every fight. Just take your time to learn what each node does and practice.