**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

AW Defense Synergies?!

SiliyoSiliyo Posts: 1,378 ★★★★★

Because of the EQ’s “synergy buff” node, is it possible we could have synergies on AW defense teams now?

Comments

• Options
    NiteAndDaeNiteAndDae Posts: 670 ★★★
    I think this would end wars. Especially with 5 defenders, there would be some insane synergies that would create immortal bosses. I highly doubt we will see this anytime soon. Maybe if we went down to 3 defenders?? Cuts down on the synergies.
  • Options
    World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,571 ★★★★★
    They’ll prob never allow them. Goes to show the poor vision they have for the game.
  • Options
    RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    No. No one who's taken 5 seconds to think about how terrible that would make AW wants defensive synergies.
  • Options
    Archangel442Archangel442 Posts: 158
    I think they will, but not in the form of the 5 defenders you choose, I think it will be a double link on 2 nodes, that the characters get the synergy if they have one
  • Options
    Darkstar4387Darkstar4387 Posts: 2,145 ★★★
    Not sure I want them back, besides they still have not said whether or not they are coming back or not, even pretty recently so who knows if they are ever coming back.
  • Options
    AmonthirAmonthir Posts: 754 ★★★
    If they activate Synergies for AWD, it would need to be in a separate War mode, called Chaos or Wild or BS, where maybe there's no seasons, but you can war both there and in normal war at the same time. Otherwise, that would kill War for most people. They obviously want to activate synergies there, given the design of some of them, but also realize they've designed others in a way that would wreck everything.
  • Options
    Hort4Hort4 Posts: 499 ★★★

Not sure I want them back, besides they still have not said whether or not they are coming back or not, even pretty recently so who knows if they are ever coming back.

They never had them to begin with. It just took them time to acknowledge that they were never active.
  • Options
    Run477Run477 Posts: 1,391 ★★★
    No synergies in war. People who think this idea is good, either (a) are in war tier 30 and don’t really play the game, or (b) have some insane desire to inflict pain on themselves and spend lots of money.

If synergies became active on wed, that would likely be the end for me. On second thought—add them. Please. I would love to kick this addiction
  • Options
    Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    Hort4 said:

They never had them to begin with. It just took them time to acknowledge that they were never active.
    Some were active. Unique synergies had an issue, they turned them off.
  • Options
    Darkstar4387Darkstar4387 Posts: 2,145 ★★★
    edited April 2019
    Hort4 said:

Well you're wrong, they did indeed have them active before, they were active prior to December 2017 which is when people started to come here and ask what was going on.

They deactivated them, they spent months saying they would bring them back but didn't know how.

In the summer of 2018 they said that they had a plan in place to bring them back but abandoned them, and it's been almost total silence since then so what are you talking about.

All this is on the fourms, so yes they did and those who have been playing prior to December 2017 have seen them, I have had the dorm mordo one trigger against me before.
  • Options
    LoPrestiLoPresti Posts: 1,035 ★★★
    No one wants this, stop asking please
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,026 ★★★★★
    It really is a horrible idea.
  • Options
    Liss_Bliss_Liss_Bliss_ Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★
    I’d hate to have to kill a boss 3 times because he resurrected 2 times.

• Options
    Kabam LyraKabam Lyra Posts: 2,936 ★★★
    Hi all,

We don't have any new information to share at this time about the status of synergies in Alliance War defense. If anything changes or we have new information, we'll be sure to let everyone know. But, as others have mentioned, there are a lot of considerations to take into account here.
This discussion has been closed.