**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Upcoming 5 star featured crystal

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,191 ★★★★★
    Rasilover said:

one reason is to not have resources such as catalysts expire

To be honest, I've never hoarded Shards or Crystals to begin with. I never understood people sitting on massive hoards.

I understand some circumstances logically, like Cats going to waste, or trying for one Champ you're waiting on, but some people sit on massive amounts of them, and never open them.
  • Mystix13Mystix13 Posts: 50

Rasilover said:

one reason is to not have resources such as catalysts expire

To be honest, I've never hoarded Shards or Crystals to begin with. I never understood people sitting on massive hoards.

I understand some circumstances logically, like Cats going to waste, or trying for one Champ you're waiting on, but some people sit on massive amounts of them, and never open them.
    If I gave you the option to open 1 Christmas present per week or all 52 of them on Christmas Day, which would you choose?
    Of course, Cats are meant to be used as well, so I would also say that some cases, people are too selective with Ranking. They're meant to be used.
  • Kenny292Kenny292 Posts: 536 ★★
    DeadPooop said:

Question... If you guys wont announce or inform about the featured crystal... What would make it featured and cost 5k more shards than the basic?..
    It would be like grinding a blind arena and get whatever champ u decide to mail...

I don’t agree with their decision, but I think you’re misunderstanding what’s going on. The pool won’t be hidden once the crystal is released, it’s just not being announced prior to the release of the crystal anymore after this one. So you’ll know what the pool is before actually buying any of the crystals.
  • DeadPooopDeadPooop Posts: 236
    edited April 2019
    1- In-game Champ restrictions
    2- Gifting Badge gone
    3- Info about featured crystals gone
    4(?)- Hoarding Iso and gold unhealthy for the game, max out all 1* 2* 3* 4* before u can rank up a 5*
    5(?)- Having available balance in your credit card is unhealthy, please buy multiple odin chest until maxed out.
    6(?)-All bugs reported are working as intended, just face smash those units u bought with your brand new maxed out credit card to buy revives and deal with it

1 time.. just 1 time.. can you guys do a change that will ACTUALLY BENEFIT THE PLAYER/ CUSTOMER?

There is absolute no point on calling a Crystal a "Featured Crystal" if we don't know what is being featured!!

Of course, Cats are meant to be used as well, so I would also say that some cases, people are too selective with Ranking. They're meant to be used.

It wouldn’t have to be selective if resources in the game scaled appropriately together. As it stands most end game players that don’t spend $$$$ on FGMCs, cannot grinding enough T4B and gold to use all of their T4CC that floods in weekly.
    Kenny292 said:

DeadPooop said:

Question... If you guys wont announce or inform about the featured crystal... What would make it featured and cost 5k more shards than the basic?..
    It would be like grinding a blind arena and get whatever champ u decide to mail...

I don’t agree with their decision, but I think you’re misunderstanding what’s going on. The pool won’t be hidden once the crystal is released, it’s just not being announced prior to the release of the crystal anymore after this one. So you’ll know what the pool is before actually buying any of the crystals.
    This. It's not going to be a Blind Auction. Nothing is really changing. They're just not giving the info before it comes out.
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,034 ★★★★★

Kenny292 said:

DeadPooop said:

This. It's not going to be a Blind Auction. Nothing is really changing. They're just not giving the info before it comes out.
    Also let me guae you only com becasse you got tag.
    DeadPooop said:

1- In-game Champ restrictions
    2- Gifting Badge gone
    3- Info about featured crystals gone
    4(?)- Hoarding Iso and gold unhealthy for the game, max out all 1* 2* 3* 4* before u can rank up a 5*
    5(?)- Having available balance in your credit card is unhealthy, please buy multiple odin chest until maxed out.
    6(?)-All bugs reported are working as intended, just face smash those units u bought with your brand new maxed out credit card to buy revives and deal with it

1 time.. just 1 time.. can you guys do a change that will ACTUALLY BENEFIT THE PLAYER/ CUSTOMER?

There is absolute no point on calling a Crystal a "Featured Crystal" if we don't know what is being featured!!

They have. On many occasions. Despite the popular belief, Kabam isn’t in this to lose players. They want to make money for sure but why do we view that as evil or bad? If you like this game and wish it to continue then it needs to make money.

With that said I by no means agree with everything they do. However as I have stated, they would do better to simply call a duck, a duck. If a change needs to be made for monetary reasons, say that. It’s ok to make a profit.
    Mystix13 said:

It wouldn’t have to be selective if resources in the game scaled appropriately together. As it stands most end game players that don’t spend $$$$ on FGMCs, cannot grinding enough T4B and gold to use all of their T4CC that floods in weekly.
    I'm not talking about people that don't have enough of one Resource. There's always going to be some Bottleneck. I'm talking about people that will let Resources expire before Ranking anything less than "God Tier" or some man-made list. They're meant to be used.

• One thing that somebody brought up here that I am going to take back to the game team is that somethings have changed lately, and that's the importance of certain Champions to counter certain challenges or as keys to certain content, like Back Issues #1.

Appreciate this @Kabam Miike
    Gamer said:

Kenny292 said:

DeadPooop said:

I came because I just woke up. I'm usually around regardless, am I not? Lol.

Mystix13 said:

I'm not talking about people that don't have enough of one Resource. There's always going to be some Bottleneck. I'm talking about people that will let Resources expire before Ranking anything less than "God Tier" or some man-made list. They're meant to be used.
    I guarantee most people in this game will not let valuable resources expire. However what had value to one person may not to another. I will gladly let a T4CC expire rather than burn the full items and gold to rank a champ I won’t use.
  • BurroBurro Posts: 82

I agree that resources are meant to be used. However, it all depends on where you’re at in the game. I have no issues taking a 4 start champ to rank 3 because I have an abundance of catalysts to do it. Same usually goes for taking a 5 start champ to rank 3. Taking a 5 start champ to rank 4 starts eating into valuable resources that aren’t as plentiful (getting better though and some end game players have plenty) such as t2a. Once you start talking about taking a 5 star to rank 5 then it gets extremely selective. In my current situation I have some t4cc that is either being wasted or that I’ve traded in for a different class.

I am hoarding 5 star shards because I really want to get a 5 star Thing, Havok, the new Capt. Marvel, or awaken my Sinister and Havok. I have over 100 5 star champs currently and there are only a couple that I don’t have and want. Odds on Featured 5 start aren’t as great as the once were (for getting a specific champ) but they’re a lot better than getting a couple specific champs from the basic. Unless you’re in a situation like mine, or further ahead of me, I don’t recommend going featured or hoarding resources. Grow that roster.

Mystix13 said:

Mystix13 said:

I guarantee most people in this game will not let valuable resources expire. However what had value to one person may not to another. I will gladly let a T4CC expire rather than burn the full items and gold to rank a champ I won’t use.
    That doesn't make any sense to me at all. I wouldn't let anything expire before Ranking it. We earn more through playing. Plus, we never know what we will or will not need in the future. That's what the game is built on, acquiring Champs and Ranking them. I don't see any logical sense in letting things go to waste, just because they're called "Garbage".
    It's just a logical thing to me. You can a) use it on something, or b) use it on nothing at all.
    DeadPooop said:

Kenny292 said:

DeadPooop said:

Ok let me ask you a question...
    The new avengers movie is comming out ..
    How would u feel if u buy the ticket, show up to the theater and as soon as the movie starts you find out the role of Tony Star is being played by a cat named snuggles?...

I do understand they will announcenit just as they are released... But if thats the case what about the Daphyr crystal?.. they announced it weeks before.. even sold a bunch of 5* crystal shard bundles...
    They have a double standard and that is bs
    Blade crystal is a very unique situation. I wouldn’t count on seeing that again.

Your analogy is wrong. It wouldn’t be showing up and seeing the RDJ was recasted. It would be showing up and seeing that some extra in the background that you never noticed anyway was recasted.

The “stars” of the show (hence why it’s called featured) will always be the 6 newest champs that are only available in this way. Every other champ being added is from the pool of already existing basics. It’s the minor characters they don’t want to tell you ahead of time. (Some might even be break out stars 😉)

Gamer said:

Kenny292 said:

DeadPooop said:

More like you was here first after got tag
    Gamer said:

Gamer said:

Kenny292 said:

DeadPooop said:

Yeah that's true. I went to the Notification when I logged on.
  • Kenny292Kenny292 Posts: 536 ★★
    I don’t like it, but I’m also not really all that upset about it. I’m just still waiting to see the announcement for this upcoming one since they confirmed that they’ll be announcing the pool this one last time lol

It's just a logical thing to me. You can a) use it on something, or b) use it on nothing at all.

If it were just that one something, then this would make sense. If I have to use T4CC however then I have to commit to using other resources as well that are more valuable. Maybe I don’t want to spend my limited T4B, T1A, 500K gold and stacks of ISO, simply so that Hulkbuster can still suck at R3.

If you don’t understand this issue then you don’t have a large enough roster to worry about hoarding anyway.

Gamer said:

Gamer said:

Kenny292 said:

DeadPooop said:

Yeah that's true. I went to the Notification when I logged on.
    So ofcasse it that why you is in here. Somtimes your thing you so don’t make as much as sens that only me most of the time I’m disagreed with you but not gone get personal about it so hav a nice day.
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,257 ★★★★★

CPT_Smash said:

I don't understand. I earned shards from investing my time in game. It's my wish when to buy crystals. Hoard or spend is my decision entirely. Now game team wants to control that too? It's like I earn money in life. It's my wish when I buy something. When I buy something then I need to plan it that in which way I'm using my money effectively. It's same here. This is so crazy. Frankly.

And you're still welcome to spend your Crystal Shards however you would like! We're just not going to be putting out the list of Champions you can get in advance anymore. This is common in many games, but we want to encourage people to take a chance on what is available now, or decide if they want to wait for something else.

For all we know, maybe people will decide to hoard more and then we'll make the choice to reverse this decision, but we won't know until we try.

One thing that somebody brought up here that I am going to take back to the game team is that somethings have changed lately, and that's the importance of certain Champions to counter certain challenges or as keys to certain content, like Back Issues #1.
    So, y’all are simply cancelling the announcement and nothing else is changing? Meaning we still know the 6 newest champs come out every 84 days, and now we just won’t know which garbage filler champs will be thrown in with them?

Is that he gist of this whole thing?

I wouldn't call them Garbage Filler Champs, but the rest is correct. There is not change coming to the Crystals. There just won't be an announcement in advance anymore.
    Filler Garbage Champs, then. Whatever.

My easy solution would be to make the featured crystals desirable and more of a win or get rid of them. Give us a compelling reason to buy now and we will. Source: July 4th, Black Friday, and Cyber Monday offers
  • Mh6bucksMh6bucks Posts: 25
    This entire thread is hilarious, illogical, and an exercise in stupidity. Release the list or don’t, it literally does not matter. We always know the 6 featureds (I’ll be saving for human torch, only 95 days to go).

Kabam typically released the list 7ish days in advance. That means we spent 83 days NOT knowing who else was in the crystal. Maybe you guys are playing a different game, but in mine it takes a touch longer than 7 days to save enough 5 star shards to count as a “hoard”. So you make me wait 7 days longer? Who cares? Does anyone honestly think that will change behavior? Goodness that idea is asinine.

But the “unhealthy” line is priceless, appreciate that Mike.
    Mh6bucks said:

This entire thread is hilarious, illogical, and an exercise in stupidity. Release the list or don’t, it literally does not matter. We always know the 6 featureds (I’ll be saving for human torch, only 95 days to go).

Kabam typically released the list 7ish days in advance. That means we spent 83 days NOT knowing who else was in the crystal. Maybe you guys are playing a different game, but in mine it takes a touch longer than 7 days to save enough 5 star shards to count as a “hoard”. So you make me wait 7 days longer? Who cares? Does anyone honestly think that will change behavior? Goodness that idea is asinine.

But the “unhealthy” line is priceless, appreciate that Mike.

☝️ Wisdom in this answer people.
  • SiliyoSiliyo Posts: 1,374 ★★★★★
    Hey @BrianGrant it seems that Kabam is not fond of your crystal hoarding ways ☹️
    edited April 2019
    Mystix13 said:

If it were just that one something, then this would make sense. If I have to use T4CC however then I have to commit to using other resources as well that are more valuable. Maybe I don’t want to spend my limited T4B, T1A, 500K gold and stacks of ISO, simply so that Hulkbuster can still suck at R3.

If you don’t understand this issue then you don’t have a large enough roster to worry about hoarding anyway.
    What do you define as large enough? I'd say I have enough. That doesn't mean I agree with it. All the Resources aren't worth much at all, really. Not if people are hoarding them out for a very short list. Then you end up creating the very problem you're describing. One Resource or another backs up because it's not being used steadily, and it comes in steadily. Meanwhile, there's a very short list people consider using them on, and you're amplifying that problem by waiting on very narrow RNG, while they continue to back up. Rather than choosing the best option you have in the moment and making more Resources, things are just falling to the waste side and piling up, just because people only Rank the same few Champs.
    I have a Roster, I just don't limit myself to what everyone else agrees is worth Ranking. I have ones I'm working on, and holding out for, sure. I'm just not refusing to touch anything outside of that. Sometimes it's a game balance issue, and sometimes it's a "I'm too limited" issue.
  • BrainimpacterBrainimpacter Posts: 578 ★★★
    edited April 2019
    what it all boils down to is cavalier crystals, now people have 5* shards in abundance and can go for every feature in the game b/c cavaliers make it too easy to hoard a lot of shards quickly and get the latest and greatest without having to open the overpriced FGMC, Kabam brought the situation on themselves
This discussion has been closed.