**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Upcoming 5 star featured crystal

Comments

• XstasisXstasis Posts: 50

Alright guys, just like the new Dungeons and Featured 6-Star Crystals, we want to move away from announcing them in advance, but I will talk to the team about doing it one last time... I make no promises, but hold on for a bit.

What?!!.....I meant.....what?!
    Or as everyone in this thread is thinking about this post......WHAT!?? this makes no sense!!
  • IKONIKON Posts: 1,334 ★★★★★
    It does matter to an extent, i have 50k 5* shards ready for a featured crystal, it may be current on it may be next, depending on the other 18 champs included.

By the same token, if I know well in advance that I won't know the other 18, it changes my decision making process. I have no issues with the change, i have issues with how it was announced, because it clearly looks like they had no intention of informing us of the change in procedures.
  • Mystix13Mystix13 Posts: 50

Mystix13 said:

It's just a logical thing to me. You can a) use it on something, or b) use it on nothing at all.

If it were just that one something, then this would make sense. If I have to use T4CC however then I have to commit to using other resources as well that are more valuable. Maybe I don’t want to spend my limited T4B, T1A, 500K gold and stacks of ISO, simply so that Hulkbuster can still suck at R3.

If you don’t understand this issue then you don’t have a large enough roster to worry about hoarding anyway.
    What do you define as large enough? I'd say I have enough. That doesn't mean I agree with it. All the Resources aren't worth much at all, really. Not if people are hoarding them out for a very short list. Then you end up creating the very problem you're describing. One Resource or another backs up because it's not being used steadily, and it comes in steadily. Meanwhile, there's a very short list people consider using them on, and you're amplifying that problem by waiting on very narrow RNG, while they continue to back up. Rather than choosing the best option you have in the moment and making more Resources, things are just falling to the waste side and piling up, just because people only Rank the same few Champs.
    I have a Roster, I just don't limit myself to what everyone else agrees is worth Ranking. I have ones I'm working on, and holding out for, sure. I'm just not refusing to touch anything outside of that. Sometimes it's a game balance issue, and sometimes it's a "I'm too limited" issue.
    A roster that is large enough to experience this problem is one where you simply cannot rank up champs fast enough to use the misbalanced amount of resources coming in. Any map 5-7 players in an end game alliance, should be accumulating T4CC at a rate much faster than any other resource. The fact that I would rather let a T4CC expire than waste additional resources doesn’t speak to my dislike of my roster (I have an R3 IP, IF and Ronan) and more to my value I place on the other resources.

I would never for example allow a T2A to expire because it is for more valuable than the full stash of T4CC that I have. When you have 60 fully formed T4CC crystals and 2,000 fragment crystals, and you cannot open them because you are full on all T4CC....this is a game balance issue.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    Mystix13 said:

Mystix13 said:

It's just a logical thing to me. You can a) use it on something, or b) use it on nothing at all.

If it were just that one something, then this would make sense. If I have to use T4CC however then I have to commit to using other resources as well that are more valuable. Maybe I don’t want to spend my limited T4B, T1A, 500K gold and stacks of ISO, simply so that Hulkbuster can still suck at R3.

If you don’t understand this issue then you don’t have a large enough roster to worry about hoarding anyway.
    What do you define as large enough? I'd say I have enough. That doesn't mean I agree with it. All the Resources aren't worth much at all, really. Not if people are hoarding them out for a very short list. Then you end up creating the very problem you're describing. One Resource or another backs up because it's not being used steadily, and it comes in steadily. Meanwhile, there's a very short list people consider using them on, and you're amplifying that problem by waiting on very narrow RNG, while they continue to back up. Rather than choosing the best option you have in the moment and making more Resources, things are just falling to the waste side and piling up, just because people only Rank the same few Champs.
    I have a Roster, I just don't limit myself to what everyone else agrees is worth Ranking. I have ones I'm working on, and holding out for, sure. I'm just not refusing to touch anything outside of that. Sometimes it's a game balance issue, and sometimes it's a "I'm too limited" issue.
    A roster that is large enough to experience this problem is one where you simply cannot rank up champs fast enough to use the misbalanced amount of resources coming in. Any map 5-7 players in an end game alliance, should be accumulating T4CC at a rate much faster than any other resource. The fact that I would rather let a T4CC expire than waste additional resources doesn’t speak to my dislike of my roster (I have an R3 IP, IF and Ronan) and more to my value I place on the other resources.

I would never for example allow a T2A to expire because it is for more valuable than the full stash of T4CC that I have. When you have 60 fully formed T4CC crystals and 2,000 fragment crystals, and you cannot open them because you are full on all T4CC....this is a game balance issue.
    Actually, that issue stems all the way back to the Prestige Race.

Mystix13 said:

Mystix13 said:

That’s because it hasn’t gone away. Kabam can’t seem to figure out how to balance end game resources without breaking the progression of the game.
  • IsItthoughIsItthough Posts: 254 ★★
    This is just one less thing the game team has to do, it will allow them to really dive into all the new bugs. I mean guys come on, let's take a chance. @Kabam Miike Will the champs be revealed when the crystal comes out. Meaning a list provided. If you guys have any intention on hiding the Super FUN and Exciting not garbage champs in some peoples eyes then yall can take a hike. As long as you provide the full list of champs in the crystal the day it is released then this is a non issue.
  • HulksmasshhHulksmasshh Posts: 742 ★★★
    People should be able to make an educated decision on which featured crystal they want to open. The extra 5000 shards should buy you that. The odds of pulling someone “good” is already pretty low, as it’s no secret that Kabam tries to balance the featured crystals with desirable and un-desirable champs. Even when the players know who’s going to be in the next feature batch (the non-features obviously), it’s not always an easy decision. Making decisions like that contribute to the enjoyment of the game greatly and Kabam wants to take that away.

Side note: I’m trying not to believe that the decision is based on developer laziness, given that 4 days away the entire pool hasn’t even been determined yet so it must be something done last minute.
  • Spurgeon14Spurgeon14 Posts: 1,665 ★★★★
    Jaded said:

Why hide any information is beyond me. Why wait till the day before a monthly event quest to release the information when it’s always the same? Why wait minutes before a clash type quest to announce it? Why can’t we have the information ahead of time so we can plan our game the way we want to. Otherwise we are just living by the fly in the moment. Trying to escape through a solid crystal clear window.

I understand if the item in question isn’t ready. But if it isn’t ready till the day before you want to release it, then it clearly isn’t being tested before release.

Other stuff pertaining to story lines or such kept secret or new champs etc...but why can’t we know exact details of back issues variant #2? Or the gates to the levels/chapters? We make rank up choices daily or weekly or monthly. Holding out on important information requires us to horde resources anyways.

Because they want to deter "Unhealthy Behavior".
  • Kil63Kil63 Posts: 254 ★★
    1. Taking a champ to r5 or a 6 star to rank 2 requires 90,000 T5B shards. You're only granted 9000 a month from Uncollected EQ.
    2. 5* champions cost at least 10000 shards, and bounty missions only give you 200.
    3. T4C catalysts cost 36000 shards, and you're granted small amounts through war crystals.

The game is literally built around saving your shards, and now hoarding, aka "saving too many" is suddenly "unhealthy behavior for the game"?

Makes no sense. Sounds like the company wants us to waste our shards. Or that they don't want us to pop multiple crystals anymore (which seems to grant better pulls), or don't want us to strategize, or just are getting lazy about posting the list ahead of time. But.....Kabam just finished the recon initiative, where there was a list of items that we could "hoard" our Intel for.

Makes no sense, whatsoever.
    Mystix13 said:

Mystix13 said:

Mystix13 said:

That’s because it hasn’t gone away. Kabam can’t seem to figure out how to balance end game resources without breaking the progression of the game.
    The Players created that imbalance, not Kabam. They designed the system to award AQ based on Prestige. The Players chose to maximize that by Ranking based on Prestige only, and focusing on AQ so much. The end result is an overflow of T4CC.
  • MagsMags Posts: 132
    Wow! Just wow! Clearly you're kidding...

@Kabam Miike I've been playing this game for 3+ years, and I've never heard anything about hoarding crystals being unhealthy or bad for the game, lol

Tell you what NOT releasing the list ahead of time is going to do.. make people hoard even longer! Haha, seriously, it'll make me do it more for sure!

Sitting on red shards, waiting for the anticipated upcoming crystal when we know what is coming, means there's a firm date that those are going to be spent!
    Not telling us just means I'll wait until the next feature crystal is introduced, and if the champ I am after isn't included, i'll hoard until next month, or the following month..
    Withholding the details isn't going to make people stop holding shards, lol.

Man, this gave me a good laugh🤣🤣
  • IcehawklbIcehawklb Posts: 180
    Another trash move by Kabam.
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    Kenny292 said:

I don’t like it, but I’m also not really all that upset about it. I’m just still waiting to see the announcement for this upcoming one since they confirmed that they’ll be announcing the pool this one last time lol

Yep just waiting for this one, the last one. Their explanation is clearly not transparent but whatever. If they don’t want to be honest then they can’t complain when we call them out on their lack of transparency.

They expect us to be mind readers. They didn’t say anything for days when people were asking for the list and now finally they say they’re discontinuing the announcement without any warning with some lame excuse. Transparency is key here and without transparency there’s no respect.

Mystix13 said:

Mystix13 said:

Mystix13 said:

The Players created that imbalance, not Kabam. They designed the system to award AQ based on Prestige. The Players chose to maximize that by Ranking based on Prestige only, and focusing on AQ so much. The end result is an overflow of T4CC.
    This is a gross understatement and has nothing to do with the prestige issue. The problem with T4CC isn’t the prestige race, it’s the map rewards and weekly rewards focusing on T4CC over others.

You don’t have to be a top 90 placement in AQ to have an overflow of T4CC. Just look at rewards progressions and you will see the problem. As the tiers in AQ go up, more T4CC payout and very tiny amounts of T4B and other resources are added. If gain 3 T4CC in a week (really easy to do) you need 6 T4B to rank up your 5* from R1-R3. Even if grind arena for 2 of those you still don’t have enough to make the difference. And that is just one of the additional resources needed.

Don’t put that on the player. That is Kabam and their game balance.
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★

Mystix13 said:

You seem to be missing the point, rank who you like, but sometimes it’s better to trade in overflowing T4cc or let them expire, than to rank up something random and use up the resources that aren’t as abundant as T4cc, especially if you’ve got something else you want to rank up and using that expiring T4cc would eat into the resources you’re gathering up for the one you’re in the process of ranking.
    Mystix13 said:

Mystix13 said:

Mystix13 said:

Mystix13 said:

This is a gross understatement and has nothing to do with the prestige issue. The problem with T4CC isn’t the prestige race, it’s the map rewards and weekly rewards focusing on T4CC over others.

You don’t have to be a top 90 placement in AQ to have an overflow of T4CC. Just look at rewards progressions and you will see the problem. As the tiers in AQ go up, more T4CC payout and very tiny amounts of T4B and other resources are added. If gain 3 T4CC in a week (really easy to do) you need 6 T4B to rank up your 5* from R1-R3. Even if grind arena for 2 of those you still don’t have enough to make the difference. And that is just one of the additional resources needed.

We were discussing the Prestige Race. You made the assertion that Kabam can't balance their Resources. That is only half the problem. The Prestige Race was an invention of the Player Base. If you devise a system to maximize one specific Reward and focus highly on that, the end result is too much of it. You're only acknowledging part of the problem, and not the other.
    Let's say they do a redistribution of the AQ Rewards in Crystals. What then becomes the Bottleneck? Most likely something else. Balancing Rewards can only go so far without factoring in how people choose to spend said Rewards.
    I think people are misunderstanding what he said. He said it wasn't healthy for the game, he didn't say they were stopping you from saving them. Obviously they can't force you to spend them. They're just not going to add to that. Nothing is changing, save for people having to wait until it's out to know what's in it.
  • Mlee1829Mlee1829 Posts: 75

Mystix13 said:

Mystix13 said:

Mystix13 said:

Kabam created the system. The players are maximizing it sure, but Kabam put it there. Prestige was how you got the best rewards in the game before seasons. Then seasons came and changed everything and the best rewards were there. Now its back to aq and you see a lot of ppl ranking for prestige again. The players are playing the game that kabam puts in front of them.

Serious question. Do you think hoarding is actually unhealthy for the game? And if so how, and how does not announcing the champs fix that. Ppl are just gonna hoard until the crystal comes out whereas if they had the list they might just open basics and not be hoarding.
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    Mystix13 said:

Mystix13 said:

Mystix13 said:

Mystix13 said:

Can confirm it’s a resource imbalance at higher ranks, never ranked for prestige and still get too much T4cc for the T4b earned.
    Pop open all my map 5 and 6 crystals just looking to get as many T4b shards (and t2a) as I can, but the T4c crystal and fragment crystals get left to gather dust.
    I say I’d pop them one day but just opening the map crystals in the hunt for T4b means I never need to open T4c crystals.
  • HulksmasshhHulksmasshh Posts: 742 ★★★

Mystix13 said:

Mystix13 said:

Mystix13 said:

Dude what are you even talking about lol. The players don’t “choose” anything. The rewards from AQ, event quests, offers etc are set by Kabam. And no clue to what T4CC even has to do with a thread on 5* feature crystal announcements. I should know better to engage a troll but your statement was just so blatantly wrong, it says a lot about the poster. No need to reply, moving on.
    Mlee1829 said:

Mystix13 said:

Mystix13 said:

Mystix13 said:

Kabam created the system. The players are maximizing it sure, but Kabam put it there. Prestige was how you got the best rewards in the game before seasons. Then seasons came and changed everything and the best rewards were there. Now its back to aq and you see a lot of ppl ranking for prestige again. The players are playing the game that kabam puts in front of them.

Serious question. Do you think hoarding is actually unhealthy for the game? And if so how, and how does not announcing the champs fix that. Ppl are just gonna hoard until the crystal comes out whereas if they had the list they might just open basics and not be hoarding.
    Kabam made the system. Yes. They made the game. Where people take it is their own responsibility.
    Do I think hoarding is unhealthy? Yes.
  • Kil63Kil63 Posts: 254 ★★

Every aspect of the game, from acquiring to levelling champs, is based on hoarding. Lol
    It's up to people if they want to do it, but I agree that it's not healthy.
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    edited April 2019

Mystix13 said:

Mystix13 said:

Mystix13 said:

Mystix13 said:

We were discussing the Prestige Race. You made the assertion that Kabam can't balance their Resources. That is only half the problem. The Prestige Race was an invention of the Player Base .If you devise a system to maximize one specific Reward and focus highly on that, the end result is too much of it. You're only acknowledging part of the problem, and not the other.
    Let's say they do a redistribution of the AQ Rewards in Crystals. What then becomes the Bottleneck? Most likely something else. Balancing Rewards can only go so far without factoring in how people choose to spend said Rewards.
    This has got to be the craziest thing you’ve said lol. The prestige race was invented by the player base? No it was invented by Kabam. Prestige is what gives you the best rewards. Kabam created it. So you’re saying it’s the players’ fault for playing by the guidelines Kabam created? I usually don’t call you out, but seriously, this is silly.
    V1PER1987 said:

Mystix13 said:

Mystix13 said:

Mystix13 said:

Mystix13 said:

We were discussing the Prestige Race. You made the assertion that Kabam can't balance their Resources. That is only half the problem. The Prestige Race was an invention of the Player Base .If you devise a system to maximize one specific Reward and focus highly on that, the end result is too much of it. You're only acknowledging part of the problem, and not the other.
    This has got to be the craziest thing you’ve said lol. The prestige race was invented by the player base? No it was invented by Kabam. Prestige is what gives you the best rewards. Kabam created it. So you’re saying it’s the players’ fault for playing by the guidelines Kabam created? I usually don’t call you out, but seriously, this is silly.
    No, Kabam did not make people Rank based on Prestige alone, start Allies that made it madatory to Rank based on Prestige, and focus so highly on running the highest Maps every week. Kabam made a system that was designed to award based on Prestige. The rest was added by people.
  • Mlee1829Mlee1829 Posts: 75

Mlee1829 said:

Mystix13 said:

Mystix13 said:

Mystix13 said:

Kabam made the system. Yes. They made the game. Where people take it is their own responsibility.
    Ehhhh, have to disagree with that. When you put the best rewards in one area of the game, you are pretty much forcing the players to maximizing that area. It was aq and ppl ranked for aq, then seasons and had the best rewards and ppl ranked for war. Now aq is holding that spot and ppl are sweating prestige again. The players change with how kabam changes the game.

Why is hoarding unhealthy and how does not announcing the champs stop hoarding?
    Mlee1829 said:

Mlee1829 said:

Mystix13 said:

Mystix13 said:

Mystix13 said:

Ehhhh, have to disagree with that. When you put the best rewards in one area of the game, you are pretty much forcing the players to maximizing that area. It was aq and ppl ranked for aq, then seasons and had the best rewards and ppl ranked for war. Now aq is holding that spot and ppl are sweating prestige again. The players change with how kabam changes the game.

Why is hoarding unhealthy and how does not announcing the champs stop hoarding?
    It doesn't stop it. They can't, really. They're just not encouraging it.
  • JRock808JRock808 Posts: 1,149 ★★★★

V1PER1987 said:

Mystix13 said:

Mystix13 said:

Mystix13 said:

Mystix13 said:

No, Kabam did not make people Rank based on Prestige alone, start Allies that made it madatory to Rank based on Prestige, and focus so highly on running the highest Maps every week. Kabam made a system that was designed to award based on Prestige. The rest was added by people.
    Do you even read what you type? Kabam made the system that awarded based on something and then people played the game under that system, but Kabam didn't make them do it? Are you new to gaming? Should we rank up hulkbusters just because it's there, even though it's clearly a terrible use of resources? What do you expect players to do other than play the game in such a way that maximizes the benefit for the cost? This is basic life 101.
This discussion has been closed.