**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

AW matchmaking is such a joke

DaywalkerUKDaywalkerUK Posts: 119
edited April 2019 in General Discussion
Still broken beyond all reason, good job it's out of season huh? No idea what is being used to matchmake now but it doesn't work kabam, please get this nonsense fixed.

Comments

• DaywalkerUKDaywalkerUK Posts: 119
    Our opponents are also 2mil+ ahead of us on alliance rating too so nothing matches.
  • Markjv81Markjv81 Posts: 1,003 ★★★★
    The pool is far more limited when not running 3 bg.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    edited April 2019
    We are plat 2 and just got another master alliance so working as intended. The next time we get a similar mismatch in gold will be the first. Don’t really care though
  • AxeCopFireAxeCopFire Posts: 1,115 ★★★

Still broken beyond all reason, good job it's out of season huh? No idea what is being used to matchmake now but it doesn't work kabam, please get this nonsense fixed.

No the matchmaking isn't such a joke. Your alliance is.

No one is doing 2 battlgroups. You're getting matched against like 10 alliances instead of 10,000 because you are only doing 2 battlegroups.
    Lol.. You're funny.
  • HaminHamin Posts: 2,444 ★★★★★

Lol.. You're funny.

It's only funny because it's true.

Do 3 BGs and you won't have this issue.
  • AxeCopFireAxeCopFire Posts: 1,115 ★★★
    Drooped2 said:

No one is doing 2 battlgroups. You're getting matched against like 10 alliances instead of 10,000 because you are only doing 2 battlegroups.
    Off season no point to doing 3bgs really letting people relax is better imo
    Yeah that OP sounds super relaxed as he panics about getting destroyed by an alliance with 800 war rating higher than his. Enjoy your relaxing time OP!
    I've been doing AW my entire MCoC career (3 years). I've always been in 3 BGs.

Not once have I ever been in a horrible mismatch. I think the highest I've been in is like a +56 if we win.

Again, do 3 BGs. The issue is virtually nonexistent.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Hamin said:

Not once have I ever been in a horrible mismatch. I think the highest I've been in is like a +56 if we win.

We've always done 3 Bgs and we've had lots of mismatches, 99.9% of which have us on the bad side lol. The war we are fighting right now is +94/-19.
    Ah, we have a couple of those forum gods in here who always have the perfect answer to all issues, as long as it mirrors what they usually do. I'll clarify my concern;
    AW can be run with 1, 2 or 3 bgs. It should not only be able to match (within a reasonable margin) if you run 3. I'm not sure why anyone would think that's a smart solution to the problem here? Maybe it's the "smart" bit that's throwing some.
    I would add, if you never run 2bg you have zero experience of this particular scenario so your 'solution' is based on nothing of substance. Thanks anyway.

Hamin said:

We've always done 3 Bgs and we've had lots of mismatches, 99.9% of which have us on the bad side lol. The war we are fighting right now is +94/-19.
    Wtf? That's awful.

Guess I have to eat crow.

Ah, we have a couple of those forum gods in here who always have the perfect answer to all issues, as long as it mirrors what they usually do. I'll clarify my concern;
    AW can be run with 1, 2 or 3 bgs. It should not only be able to match (within a reasonable margin) if you run 3. I'm not sure why anyone would think that's a smart solution to the problem here? Maybe it's the "smart" bit that's throwing some.
    I would add, if you never run 2bg you have zero experience of this particular scenario so your 'solution' is based on nothing of substance. Thanks anyway.

Needs more salt.
    Haha... True to form. Just drop in the "Git gud" and I think I have forums bingo.
  • DiablosUltimateDiablosUltimate Posts: 1,021 ★★★
    It's really simple to understand, just focus and try to follow. Barely anyone is playing 2bg's, so when you are being matched, there is a very high chance that there is no alliance of similar power as yours, so they had 2 options while designing it - matching you with alliance closest in power to your alliance, or not match you at all. And also yeah, git gud
    edited April 2019

Haha... True to form. Just drop in the "Git gud" and I think I have forums bingo.

As you wish.

It's really simple to understand, just focus and try to follow. Barely anyone is playing 2bg's, so when you are being matched, there is a very high chance that there is no alliance of similar power as yours, so they had 2 options while designing it - matching you with alliance closest in power to your alliance, or not match you at all. And also yeah, git gud

"barely anyone is playing 2bg's" based on what? Your superior knowledge of everything huh? Are you suggesting that the nearest alliance to us in our matchmaking group was this one with 800+ war rating on us?
    For your education; we just ran a whole season with 2 bgs. Fairly matched for every war except 1 and never faced the same alliance twice.
    Prior to that I was with another alliance and ran 2 seasons of 2bgs, same thing both in and out of season except we didn't have a single mismatch. Now look kids, if you are cool with your 3bg AW then I'm so happy for you, really I am. I'll just crack on playing the game the way I want to though if that's ok with you?
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,542 ★★★★★

OoOOoO, Mr. high and mighty has spoken. Let us know when you've off you're high horse.