**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Reliance on Unstoppable is Boring, Bad Design

Pretty much the title. Nearly every boss or major event for the past 6 months has had some kind of annoying Unstoppable mechanic.

It’s not that it’s difficult or particularly annoying to deal with, it’s an absolutely overused mechanic that seems to be used as a difficult cop-out, it adds nothing to the gamer’s experience, and you even disable some of the counters to it.

Simply put, this is poor game design, and reusing the same assets month after month after month isn’t giving us much enjoyment. Is it really so hard to come up with a fun mechanic or to at least pretend to space them out a bit?

I’m sorry for the rant. I was highly disappointed in this month’s quest rehashing the same old mechanics.

Comments

• shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★
    edited April 2019
    She Hulks heavy is a great way to counter unstoppable. With that being said I do agree that they are over using the mechanic but I guess as long as they abuse it I will keep using my shehulk to quest.
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,658 ★★★★★

She Hulks heavy is a great way to counter unstoppable. With that being said I do agree that they are over using the mechanic but I guess as long as they abuse it I will keep using my shehulk to quest.

Is there another champ which counters unstoppable?
  • harerabbit99harerabbit99 Posts: 12

Yes, Spidergwen
  • NEO_mr_AndersonNEO_mr_Anderson Posts: 1,075 ★★★

Beardo
  • NEO_mr_AndersonNEO_mr_Anderson Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    Spider-Gwen, 550% chance to evade unstoppable
  • FhfjghhggggjfhfjgFhfjghhggggjfhfjg Posts: 4,492 ★★★★★

Beardo
    Beardo cant stop aow, brawl and hela in this month eq as theyre passive not buffs
  • CliffordcanCliffordcan Posts: 1,341 ★★★★
    Slow Debuff is broken and not working on passive Unstoppable. It did in the beta and isn’t doing it now
  • SungjSungj Posts: 2,111 ★★★★★
    Just use Ronan this month, you won't even see an unstoppable on annihilus
  • Tarzan041Tarzan041 Posts: 203 ★★
    People have been saying this for months. Every month is basically the same, unstoppable, unblockable or auto block. Good way to lose customers.
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,035 ★★★★★
    Yeah personally I’m think it boring now the first 3 months fine the But has Ben alest for 10 mouch now that get old
  • Spider-Gwen, 550% chance to evade unstoppable

No, that’s against unblockable special attacks.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,558 Guardian

Spider-Gwen, 550% chance to evade unstoppable

No, that’s against unblockable special attacks.
    It is also worth mentioning, it isn't really possible to "evade unstoppable" because unstoppable is a status effect, not an attack.
  • AlCapone2727AlCapone2727 Posts: 428 ★★
    I dont want to have to resort to the same guys to deal with unstoppable I want to change up my roster. Save the node for rare fights
  • Vale84Vale84 Posts: 308 ★★★

Yes, Spidergwen
    she's bugged, she doesnt prevent unstoppable atm.
  • KattohSKattohS Posts: 717 ★★
    DrZola said:

And both of the Marvel champs who have unstoppable as their core ability (Juggs and Colossus) generally stink.

Go figure.

Dr. Zola

Currently the only 2 champs that CAIW stops their unstoppable. Two of the worst champs that you hardly to never encounter.

I think we can all now agree that getting Kabam to not use “unstoppable” on their champs is now “UNSTOPPABLE”

• DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★

Beardo
    Beardo cant stop aow, brawl and hela in this month eq as theyre passive not buffs
    No one stops the new Hela passive unstoppable node, not even She-Hulk Spider-Gwen and Archangel. Working as intended.
  • DrZola said:

And both of the Marvel champs who have unstoppable as their core ability (Juggs and Colossus) generally stink.

Go figure.

Dr. Zola

what is your line id
    god knows how to send pm here lol
  • ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    It may be abit boring and annoying yes, but it is predictable and therefore the community wont rage too much about is as they already know how to counter or at the very least wait it out. If kabam introduces alot of new "interesting" nodes, like the recent nano-plague node which makes the robots they've been using against biohazard useless, kabam gets accused of introducing crazy hard nodes for the purpose of cash grabbing. So in a way, reusing existing mechanics but in interesting ways is kind of the safer option IMO.
  • Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★

Beardo
    No one stops the new Hela passive unstoppable node, not even She-Hulk Spider-Gwen and Archangel. Working as intended.
    That’s not working as intended if the unstoppable node isn’t being stopped by slow