**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Pre 12.0 champs viable today?

I started playing this game just before the colossal 12.0 nerf so I never really got to experience Thor, DS & SW steamroll content. I just know they had to be grossly OP to require that kind of rework & judging by the community's response back then, it was a huge nerf.
I know they were 4* champs that made end game content look like playing with mud but if you take the likes of Ghost, Corvus, Sparky, Domino, Blade etc as 4*s to the same content today, they would slice through it just as easy I would assume.

This led me to wonder...
In the current meta of the game, is it still fair to consider pre 12.0 champs like Thor & SW too OP?
Just curious.

Comments

• winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,760 ★★★★★
    A lot has changed since then. I am not exactly clear with the changes but I am aware of these.

1/ there is now much higher block damage
    2/ Challenger rating
    3/ diminishing returns

So it is not clear how the pre 12 version champs will perform now.

One or two big gripes was
    a/ removal of leadership mastery
    b/ active sale of mystic rank-up material just before nerf (that made many who upgraded Dr Strange really upset)

Maybe others can chime in.
  • Marri_2Marri_2 Posts: 577 ★★★
    DS would still be able to clear everything. SW as well, although some of the newer defenders would probably be difficult.

Thor...would destroy

BW would be a counter to basically anything but she would time out in (mini) bossfights with the DR system and Pure Skill crippled.
  • BLEEDlNG_DGEBLEEDlNG_DGE Posts: 324 ★★
    Marri_2 said:

DS would still be able to clear everything. SW as well, although some of the newer defenders would probably be difficult.

Thor...would destroy

BW would be a counter to basically anything but she would time out in (mini) bossfights with the DR system and Pure Skill crippled.

Guess they were truely OP
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,760 ★★★★★
    Thor at his finest (of course pre 12.0).

https://youtu.be/RbJNjtxPNdo