**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Which champ you pulled stopped you from quitting this game?

AddyosAddyos Posts: 1,090 ★★★★
So I was watching a couple videos from Supr Gaming, and I heard him say that he was starting to lose interest in the game because his luck from hero crystals haven't been great recently. That got me reminiscing about a time I became disenchanted with the game and contemplated quitting it. This was after 12.0.

I was still fairly new to the game but I was lucky to pull 4* Doctor Strange. Very quickly I changed from being a player who struggled in war and AQ, to one who killed bosses thanks to him. Then that stupid 12.0 hit and he became a shadow of what he was.

My roster wasn't deep, so suddenly I found myself having to spend lots of units on potions and revives, and I couldn't beat Master event quest again like I used to. I started to lose motivation for the game.!Then I pulled 4* Doctor Voodoo when he came in the basic crystals.

Some people don't rate him highly now, but he was a godsend for my account when 4*s mattered. He helped fill the role DS once had, and from there I was able to grow from strength to strength thanks to him. So my question to anyone who got this far in reading this lol, which champ did you pull that stopped you from quitting the game? It doesn't have to be a god tier champ, but one that gave you encouragement to continue on. I still hold a soft spot for DS and he will remain my Forum avatar in perpetuity, but DV became my go to champ for a long time.

Comments

• peasantpeasant Posts: 240
    edited April 2019
    The issue people have is they want to get champions at a certain pace (or to them the game gets more and more stale, because they think they need more champs to have it be fun, which is true to an extent, but the gameplay should be fun without that), while the game doesn't provide some players at their desired pace (due to rng).

Moreover, for MCOC (and other collecting stuff games) as you get more champs, it's harder to pull a champ you don't have already, so the percent chance of pulling a game changing champ keeps decreasing.

At the end of the day, players need to find a balance with their time since this is only a game. ONLY a game. Don't lose your body's health and real life responsibilities to it.

The mechanics don't change too much to this game. The game's enjoyable because of things like the playerbase, the new content, the rewards, and the two new champs per month.

Burnout just means the player is getting overwhelmed with mcoc/life/etc. Players should take steps back from mcoc and reevaluate how much time they dedicate.
  • ap4057ap4057 Posts: 28
    Not exactly quitting, but compelled me to spend more time in the game and the reason was 4* Blade from a PHC.
    He was my first good 4* and before it I used my maxed out 3* Hyperion, Medusa, IMIW, Killmonger and Iceman.
    Blade literally helped me to stomp in Heroic Xenoclast EQ. I got Wasp and 5* Mordo after this event and I recently pulled a 4* IMIW and my 2nd 5*,Wasp.
    I am still in need of my 5th champion, a good 4*/5*. I have Dr.Strange, Killmonger, Guillotine and Symbiote Supreme as some other good 4* but I am waiting for a Mutant, I have a Mutant AG from intel too, but only Mutant I have is Logan. So, I'm just waiting for Domino or AA or Omega Red.
  • BenQcSlayerBenQcSlayer Posts: 867 ★★★
    ap4057 said:

Not exactly quitting, but compelled me to spend more time in the game and the reason was 4* Blade from a PHC.
    He was my first good 4* and before it I used my maxed out 3* Hyperion, Medusa, IMIW, Killmonger and Iceman.
    Blade literally helped me to stomp in Heroic Xenoclast EQ. I got Wasp and 5* Mordo after this event and I recently pulled a 4* IMIW and my 2nd 5*,Wasp.
    I am still in need of my 5th champion, a good 4*/5*. I have Dr.Strange, Killmonger, Guillotine and Symbiote Supreme as some other good 4* but I am waiting for a Mutant, I have a Mutant AG from intel too, but only Mutant I have is Logan. So, I'm just waiting for Domino or AA or Omega Red.

I wish you AA, game changer!
  • ContestOfNoobsContestOfNoobs Posts: 1,454 ★★★★
    Back then? it was going 2/2 on 5* blade featured when he was "first" released then going 2/3 on stark spiderman, it basically gave me an easy pathway to completing act 5 and it began from ther

but right now...
    the 5* that i grinded in arena.

5* omega red and corvus both from arena.

after 20 6* pulls i am still waiting on 1 that i want to r2

ap4057 said:

I wish you AA, game changer!
    Thanks buddy
  • Marvel2289Marvel2289 Posts: 1,008 ★★★
    edited April 2019

This guy, twice 😀😀
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    5* CapIW, got him after using the 4* CapIW to solo most of the bosses in the champions clash chapter 2.
  • VeeTeeTeeVeeTeeTee Posts: 72
    I pulled 5* Loki today. this made me realize there's no point in playing this game any more...
    this is my roster - 4 years of playing, and I have no viable option to complete act 6.1.
    thank you very much kabam. you've created the least rewarding game for the effort put in the history of gaming. it feels like mine sweeper is far superior to mcoc

VeeTeeTee said:

I pulled 5* Loki today. this made me realize there's no point in playing this game any more...
    this is my roster - 4 years of playing, and I have no viable option to complete act 6.1.
    thank you very much kabam. you've created the least rewarding game for the effort put in the history of gaming. it feels like mine sweeper is far superior to mcoc

So you discarding your account >:)
    Wanna deal :wink:
    ap4057 said:

So you discarding your account >:)
    Wanna deal :wink:

yes, have just deleted the game..
    and nope, thanks - apparently it's against Terms of Service lol
  • Ægon0710Ægon0710 Posts: 83
    I 100% completed gwenpool goes to the movies and from a legendary romance crystal I pulled 5* km. First 5*!
  • SpookyKonan2SpookyKonan2 Posts: 90
    edited April 2019
    give me about a week and a half and lets find out. For real though i'm considering quitting this game for many reasons, my accounts inability to continue due to my garbage pulls in the past 3 months is just the tip of the iceberg.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,540 ★★★★★
    5* Blade back in early 2018. Had been holding a Skill AG since 12.0 and it rekindled my interest in the game.

Great run for a couple of months, and then year-long drought that has only recently started to break a bit. I’m not sure being grown up has anything to do with frustration with the game—even adults get bored with the same thing over and over, and the world is full of interesting things to do beyond MCOC.

Dr. Zola
  • Doctor14Doctor14 Posts: 37
    It’s heartbreaking to pull some discouraging 5 stars. I pulled around December Netflix Daredevil and some other bottom shelf champions
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,956 ★★★★★
    edited April 2019
    VeeTeeTee said:

4 years and that's all the 5*'s you have? You must not be very active then. You also have some of the very best 5*'s in the game and you are complaining about 1 bad pull? I have 10 times the amount of "bad" pulls than you do and i'm still here.

Void
    Hyperion
    Blade
    Sabretooth
    VtD
    Gwenpool
    Cap IW 6*

"Poor me, I got Loki, I quit". Come on.

• MarzGrooveMarzGroove Posts: 903 ★★★
    Hulkbuster
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,956 ★★★★★

My "bad" pulls motivate me to go and try again for a better pull.
  • TOAST_MAILTOAST_MAIL Posts: 26
    5 star stark tech spidey as my 2nd 5*
    he is god teir
  • ÆrroneousÆrroneous Posts: 85
    I was going through another moment of “I’m about done with this game” back in late January and February. Well, the month of March changed that.

Tried my luck at a few unit crystals (normally a big disappointment) but actually pulled a 5* Venom the Duck. That guy is so fun to play! I use him in AQ and now I look forward to that section of the game again.

Figured okay lightening struck once, push my luck.. 5* Mister Sinister! He’s racking up a few kills for me in war.

Then on 2 regular 5* pulls I got Korg and lastly Ægon (from the free kabam crystal given).

March was a good in-game month!

4 years and that's all the 5*'s you have? You must not be very active then. You also have some of the very best 5*'s in the game and you are complaining about 1 bad pull? I have 10 times the amount of "bad" pulls than you do and i'm still here.

Void
    Hyperion
    Blade
    Sabretooth
    VtD
    Gwenpool
    Cap IW 6*

"Poor me, I got Loki, I quit". Come on.

I'm not complaining about loki. I'm just saying this game gave me about 6 good 5* champs over a period of 4 years. You don't see my full 5* roster because the rest is not even worth screenshooting. I have over 30 5* champs. Among them duped several times og Ironman, rhino, iron patriot. Other honorable mentions are unduped Iron fist, gambit (and frankly I can remember much more as they were so poor) The only good champ I duped naturally was gwenpool. The rest was awakened with ag. I also have a generic awakening gem which would be a waste using on any of those I have... In my opinion I've been very active. Played at least 3-4 hours a day. Been in an alliance that scored 130mln in AQ weekly, finishing map 5 100% all bgs each day. I've been one of the most active officers in my team, responsible for strategy, path assignment etc... And that's exactly the reason why I'm quitting. My time is too precious to waste on champs I can't use in the end game content. I grew up in times when games were something you could turn to when you wanted to relax. This game makes you constantly feel stressed about the fact that you need to do more and more. Makes you constantly log in to see if your alliance needs you, or check line, makes you constantly log in to grind arena for units, shards and all this bullsh*t. And then you end up having a roster full of shi*t and t4cc and t2a in overflow because you don't have champs that are worth using them on.
    But sure, you can always change that. Buy some crystals. Spend money! Only 200usd for 20 Cavalier crystals that will give you 5 4*s which will be useless to you, and which you most probably already have anyway.
  • BizarreSoldierBizarreSoldier Posts: 17
    My luck with champs is weird. I've been playing this game for 3+ years, and yet I don't have a 4* or 5* Iceman, Hyperion, Ghost Rider, or even Guillotine, champs that almost everyone has at the moment. And my luck with 5* is not good either because I keep pulling the ones from 2 years ago... but I pulled a 5* Corvus months ago and that stopped me to quit tbh; he has helped me a lot in some quests. And last week I got my first 6*, Korg, who is not the best attacker but at least is good as a defender in AW, even unduped.
  • Tiger360Tiger360 Posts: 1,696 ★★★★
    edited April 2019
    5 star ghost, third 5 star. Pulled her a few months ago
    edit: January
  • SligSlig Posts: 342 ★★

This guy that I just pulled on my 8th Featured crystal
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    No, I'ven't reached rock-bottom yet. I could have. There are turning points in your career that makes or breaks you: your three first 4*, your firs 5* and 6*, etc. I got Red Hulk as my first 4*, he's still my MVP. I also got Iceman very early on. Without those two, completing content would have been very difficult. My first 5* was Medusa, right at the time when Kabam starting to release champions who can only be countered by AB champs (Emma Frost, IMIW). She was a god send. If I would have different pulls? I don't know if I would still be playing. But since there has been some reworks and additions, the ratio between god/trash has decreased. But it also became harder to get that one champion you want.
  • RapRap Posts: 3,193 ★★★★
    Unfortunately i haven't had a pull that is gonna keep me from quitting. And now it seems kabam is gonna force me to rank garbage champs to play special material...wondering if they are going to create nodes and special events for every garbage champ in our rosters? This is not the way to make older champs and garbage relevant again. It just some kind of punishment. We have had four years of endless repetitious grinding and really it just makes no sense to me to raise a fifth and sixth and seventh version of Black Panther, or iornman or iron patriot...lets get real! And kabam created this mess and it feels like that illustration where someone is looking into mirrors into infinity! I don't want to raise infinity numbers of Iron Patriot! And they are just trying to force us back into the cycle of repitition each time taking longer and more and more items, piece parts, grinding, gold, more of everything for THE SAME THING???? 'Bout ta hang it up!