**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

The Nick Fury Synergy Nerf

Comments

• LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★

Really doesn't matter how long it takes them. There's no timeline on fixing bugs, and they're not going to just leave it because it's been that long. Some bugs take much longer to fix, doesn't mean they stop being a priority.

Really, you sure about that? What about domino and GR who they didn’t fix and just changed the text....
    Care to give a little context? Were they confirmed bugs or just text errors?
    Those were bugs that they determined would overpower a character they already determined to be pretty powerful.
  • webtswxwebtswx Posts: 192

webtswx said:

That depends. Are we talking about it removing any and all, or are we talking about it removing all stacks of the same? I would consider the latter working as intended because they're all stacks of the same Buff/Debuff.

it's not the latter. for instance, it would remove two different types of debuff from cap iw triggered at the same time. and it would remove both the armor break and stun from corvus

so the description (the next debuff) fails to precisely capture what is being intended
    What I'm saying is, in the case of Champs that apply Debuffs through Parry, the issue might not be with the Nodes, it might be how those Champs apply them. It could be registering as all one.
    since you've now identified the problem, then we should suggest that kabam add this to the description for clarity: all debuffs triggered through parry count as only one.
  • StewmanStewman Posts: 735 ★★★
    Lormif said:

Stewman said:

Do you have another example? That could be programmed as all one application. If the Parry applies the Bleed, they could be all one Debuff in the coding.

I mean... literally pick anyone that causes another effect when parrying.
    Thor stun armor break
    Cap IW with synergy's stun weakness petrify armor break ( all clear at the same time)
    Have you never fought a masochism node before?

Besides like I said, mods confirmed it working as intended a very long time ago.

it is strange it did not used to be like this, thor's parry for example used to strip the armor break but not stun, as late as last year:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdTji3ys87o
    I am at work and can't see the video
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    Lormif said:

Really doesn't matter how long it takes them. There's no timeline on fixing bugs, and they're not going to just leave it because it's been that long. Some bugs take much longer to fix, doesn't mean they stop being a priority.

Really, you sure about that? What about domino and GR who they didn’t fix and just changed the text....
    Those were bugs that they determined would overpower a character they already determined to be pretty powerful.
    I don't remember which he's referring to is all, so I couldn't really say much. Unless I remembered later or read up on them. Lol.
    Stewman said:

Lormif said:

Stewman said:

Do you have another example? That could be programmed as all one application. If the Parry applies the Bleed, they could be all one Debuff in the coding.

Thor stun armor break
    Cap IW with synergy's stun weakness petrify armor break ( all clear at the same time)

Besides like I said, mods confirmed it working as intended a very long time ago.

it is strange it did not used to be like this, thor's parry for example used to strip the armor break but not stun, as late as last year:

The video shows what I stated, in January the video was posted on how to deal with masochism using thor. Thor would parry, armor break would be removed stun stayed. I cannot find any posts by Kabam showing that this behavior changing was intentional.

Lormif said:

I don't remember which he's referring to is all, so I couldn't really say much. Unless I remembered later or read up on them. Lol.
    he is talking about domino's bleed doing extra damage on an sp2 bleed that they considered to be overpowered (it was not applying it, so they changed the text of hte sp2. They fixed the taunt part not the bleed
  • Tasty_Yum_YumsTasty_Yum_Yums Posts: 444 ★★★
    Lormif said:

they did that because the abilities would have made them stronger than intended. that is not what he is saying.
    Stronger than intended?? Domino might have been the case, but GR is not a “go to” champ for knocking content and that would not have made him over powered. The nick fury synergy (before update) is not over powering. My point is there isn’t a consistency with these changes.

As for my previous response to your bff, he stated kabam won’t just leave it because it’s been so long. Well they left domino and GR as is and didn’t fix them, so that’s not true.
  • StewmanStewman Posts: 735 ★★★
    Lormif said:

Stewman said:

Lormif said:

Stewman said:

Thor stun armor break

The video shows what I stated, in January the video was posted on how to deal with masochism using thor. Thor would parry, armor break would be removed stun stayed. I cannot find any posts by Kabam showing that this behavior changing was intentional.
    Maybe I am incorrect with Thor. I haven't used him much at all in the last 2 years.
    Nothing has ever changed with masochism that I am aware of.
    I will test Cap after work.

What GR issue are you talking about?

You commented on the post (surprise surprise) so this should be new to you.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/121486/ghost-rider-regen-duration-changed

You commented on the post (surprise surprise) so this should be new to you.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/121486/ghost-rider-regen-duration-changed
    I'm a Human. Not a PC. Lol. I don't remember everything all the time.
    That's what you're talking about? They said that nothing was changed about the duration. The description was updated to be more accurate. Hardly something that applies to this situation.
  • ContestOfNoobsContestOfNoobs Posts: 1,454 ★★★★
    Same thing happened with Mister Sinister

gota love when kabam says they are "fixing" nick fury 1 month after his release..but they fix mister sinister really quick, the day mister sinister fgmcs came out.
  • Harada78Harada78 Posts: 31
    I took my time to grind for nick fury in both arena spent a a couple of hundreds of dollars to get him and. Watch your content creators. Play with him and tell us that this was how he was originally suppose to play. Why the change now. .? Are you not watching or listening to the players who get early access to the champ I really want a refund wasted my t5 basic just because of this synergy. If it was a bug it should have been announced weeks ago not overnight and fixed. We want compensation and resources back. Since this something you guys dropped the ball on I wouldn’t have Never spent my money and grinding for hrs if the content creaters didn’t show us and you never acknowledge that this was not working as intended. Time and money spent for nothing fix him back or refund us our money and compensation for our time grinding for him
    It doesn't matter when they fix them. If they do it when the Crystals come out, people will complain. If they do it after, people will accuse them of Bait and Switch. If they do it months later, people say they waited too long. There is no winning.

That's what you're talking about? They said that nothing was changed about the duration. The description was updated to be more accurate. Hardly something that applies to this situation.

It has a ton to do with this situation.

Ghost rider wasn’t working as intended. Rather than updating the champ, they changed the text.

Nick Fury wasn’t working as intended (as kabam claims). Rather than updating the text, they changed the champ.

I wonder if I’ll get flagged for abuse with all these knowledge slaps I’m giving you 🙃

It doesn't matter when they fix them. If they do it when the Crystals come out, people will complain. If they do it after, people will accuse them of Bait and Switch. If they do it months later, people say they waited too long. There is no winning.

they should fix and test him before releasing. this to me is a case of incompetence
  • Ultimatesaber32Ultimatesaber32 Posts: 742 ★★
    Listen at this point, this thread is useless and not what it started out to be. The main point is, people saw that they could exploit things with Nick Fury, grinded, knowing exactly what they were doing, and now they’re on the forums complaining that Kabam ACTUALLY fixed a problem, which is complained about a lot more btw.
    The issue is that they have content creators who play the champs before they are release to avoid theses issues if they content creators are testing champs out don’t kabam watch their videos release no one would Have spent time and money grinding for a champ which was tested weeks before release. If the synergy are working as intended than why change now

Ghost rider wasn’t working as intended. Rather than updating the champ, they changed the text.

Nick Fury wasn’t working as intended (as kabam claims). Rather than updating the text, they changed the champ.

I wonder if I’ll get flagged for abuse with all these knowledge slaps I’m giving you 🙃
    "As Kabam claims".....you do realize they are the intention that determines whether or not it's working, right?
    Thr GR situation didn't change him at all. The text changed. I do not believe they would lie and just change the text. Sorry. There's path of least resistance, and then there's just consipracy.
    The bottom line is he isn't meant to Purify all. That was the intention. It was written exactly how he was intended to perform, and they fixed it. We can debate until the cows come home, but the very bottom line is they don't want him doing that. You might not think it's overpowered, but a Champ that gives penalty-free Suicides is overpowered. Nothing much else to say about it.
    webtswx said:

they should fix and test him before releasing. this to me is a case of incompetence
    Nothing is perfect.
    Harada78 said:

The issue is that they have content creators who play the champs before they are release to avoid theses issues if they content creators are testing champs out don’t kabam watch their videos release no one would Have spent time and money grinding for a champ which was tested weeks before release. If the synergy are working as intended than why change now

Some Champs they hand out, not all of them. BG Grinded for his.
    So we waste real money and time and takes three weeks to acknowledge that this was not intended but you can clearly see videos of all there content creators promoting this synergy

"As Kabam claims".....you do realize they are the intention that determines whether or not it's working, right?
    Thr GR situation didn't change him at all. The text changed. I do not believe they would lie and just change the text. Sorry. There's path of least resistance, and then there's just consipracy.
    The bottom line is he isn't meant to Purify all. That was the intention. It was written exactly how he was intended to perform, and they fixed it. We can debate until the cows come home, but the very bottom line is they don't want him doing that. You might not think it's overpowered, but a Champ that gives penalty-free Suicides is overpowered. Nothing much else to say about it.
    GR didn’t change to match his text. Nick Fury changed to match his text. Can’t break it down any simpler to you homie.

After yet another knowledge slap I’ve given you, I’ll go back to ignoring you until you bring some actual substance to your posts.
  • ian5555ian5555 Posts: 19
    You get ONE bleed or poison removed per the synergy. This is a bug fix, not a nerf.

No compensation needed. Still amazing synergies.
  • chmodchmod Posts: 10
    The 'fix' is an obvious knee-jerk reaction to BG's video. While you may argue over the intention of the purify portion of the change, the heal interaction change is indeed a nerf.

These changes are hardly game breaking and should have come with adequate testing post-discovery... not 1-day after someone releases a video. It's just bad form... especially considering the *much* larger bugs that are currently plaguing the game.

GR didn’t change to match his text. Nick Fury changed to match his text. Can’t break it down any simpler to you homie.

After yet another knowledge slap I’ve given you, I’ll go back to ignoring you until you bring some actual substance to your posts.
    That literally makes no sense at all. The text is how they intended him to be. The fix made it in line with that. GR wasn't intended to perform that way, and didn't, so they updated the text. I don't think you're grasping this very well.
    edited April 2019

webtswx said:

Nothing is perfect.
    wow. "nothing is perfect, so we can sell you a malfunctioned product" "nothing is perfect, so it's the passengers' fault for taking our malfunctioned airplane"

you know sometimes you are really making the case worse by giving these petty excuses right? my suggestion is that if you really want to be the spokesman for kabam, then come up with more intelligent, competent, reasonable answers, because things like this just make both you and kabam look bad...

then again, i know it takes a lot of humility to sincerely acknowledge and apologize for your mistake.

Listen at this point, this thread is useless and not what it started out to be. The main point is, people saw that they could exploit things with Nick Fury, grinded, knowing exactly what they were doing, and now they’re on the forums complaining that Kabam ACTUALLY fixed a problem, which is complained about a lot more btw.

you mean people like brain grant, who wanted to exploit the synergy? @Ultimatesaber32
This discussion has been closed.