**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

The Nick Fury Synergy Nerf

123457»

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    webtswx said:

webtswx said:

It doesn't matter when they fix them. If they do it when the Crystals come out, people will complain. If they do it after, people will accuse them of Bait and Switch. If they do it months later, people say they waited too long. There is no winning.

they should fix and test him before releasing. this to me is a case of incompetence
    Nothing is perfect.
    wow. "nothing is perfect, so we can sell you a malfunctioned product" "nothing is perfect, so it's the passengers' fault for taking our malfunctioned airplane"

you know sometimes you are really making the case worse by giving these petty excuses right? my suggestion is that if you really want to be the spokesman for kabam, then come up with more intelligent, competent, reasonable answers, because things like this just make both you and kabam look bad...

then again, i know it takes a lot of humility to sincerely acknowledge and apologize for your mistake.
    Anytime people start using terms like "incompetent" when referencing complex coding such as this game, it's worth pointing out that issues can, will, and do come up. While we would like to expect a flawless product everytime, that's not a realistic expectation to have, and only serves to add further misunderstanding. It's not an infallible process. It's also not that dire.
  • webtswxwebtswx Posts: 192

webtswx said:

webtswx said:

It doesn't matter when they fix them. If they do it when the Crystals come out, people will complain. If they do it after, people will accuse them of Bait and Switch. If they do it months later, people say they waited too long. There is no winning.

they should fix and test him before releasing. this to me is a case of incompetence
    Nothing is perfect.
    wow. "nothing is perfect, so we can sell you a malfunctioned product" "nothing is perfect, so it's the passengers' fault for taking our malfunctioned airplane"

you know sometimes you are really making the case worse by giving these petty excuses right? my suggestion is that if you really want to be the spokesman for kabam, then come up with more intelligent, competent, reasonable answers, because things like this just make both you and kabam look bad...

then again, i know it takes a lot of humility to sincerely acknowledge and apologize for your mistake.
    Anytime people start using terms like "incompetent" when referencing complex coding such as this game, it's worth pointing out that issues can, will, and do come up. While we would like to expect a flawless product everytime, that's not a realistic expectation to have, and only serves to add further misunderstanding. It's not an infallible process. It's also not that dire.
    well, if this is a first time issue. then i wouldnt jump into conclusion that kabam is incompetent. howveer, trust is built and developed over time. you trust someone's ability because that person has consistently demonstrated his competency.

I dont think kabam has built that trust and confidence, especially with bugs and problems all over the place. this is not a one time thing, and this is not a first time thing.
  • Tasty_Yum_YumsTasty_Yum_Yums Posts: 444 ★★★

That's what you're talking about? They said that nothing was changed about the duration. The description was updated to be more accurate. Hardly something that applies to this situation.

It has a ton to do with this situation.

Ghost rider wasn’t working as intended. Rather than updating the champ, they changed the text.

Nick Fury wasn’t working as intended (as kabam claims). Rather than updating the text, they changed the champ.

I wonder if I’ll get flagged for abuse with all these knowledge slaps I’m giving you 🙃
    "As Kabam claims".....you do realize they are the intention that determines whether or not it's working, right?
    Thr GR situation didn't change him at all. The text changed. I do not believe they would lie and just change the text. Sorry. There's path of least resistance, and then there's just consipracy.
    The bottom line is he isn't meant to Purify all. That was the intention. It was written exactly how he was intended to perform, and they fixed it. We can debate until the cows come home, but the very bottom line is they don't want him doing that. You might not think it's overpowered, but a Champ that gives penalty-free Suicides is overpowered. Nothing much else to say about it.
    GR didn’t change to match his text. Nick Fury changed to match his text. Can’t break it down any simpler to you homie.

After yet another knowledge slap I’ve given you, I’ll go back to ignoring you until you bring some actual substance to your posts.
    That literally makes no sense at all. The text is how they intended him to be. The fix made it in line with that. GR wasn't intended to perform that way, and didn't, so they updated the text. I don't think you're grasping this very well.
    It was two sentences. How does it not make sense? Oh I know, it does not make sense in the way YOU want it to make sense...

Anyways, if you read the words written in the GR post, it states the change in the description is to match how the champ functions in the game. It does NOT state, “the change in the description is meant to match how we intended the champ to perform.”

Knowledge slap #3
    Is this your first Mobile Game? It's a constant process of fighting fires. Issues come up, you do the best you can, and keep pushing a product. Fight fires as they come, and some you can't resolve right away. More will come, that's part of the process. There are a great deal, but that's no different than any other game in this format, especially one as complex as this. #### is going to happen. It's a Mathematical certainty.
  • Harada78Harada78 Posts: 31
    A synergy exploited ? Who want to play with Deadpool Xforce like there are champs that have synergy that make them better that thats purpose of synergy. I only went for him due to your content creator videos which are good thing’ just that this should have been addressed before The 3 week marks since this synergy is what everyone grinded and spent money on to get him. Don’t wait till people spend thousand and time to get him and than say that it’s not working as intended 3 weeks later. That’s horrible business practice. You clearly seen the videos posted on YouTube by your content creator how could this have Been missed ?
  • webtswxwebtswx Posts: 192

Is this your first Mobile Game? It's a constant process of fighting fires. Issues come up, you do the best you can, and keep pushing a product. Fight fires as they come, and some you can't resolve right away. More will come, that's part of the process. There are a great deal, but that's no different than any other game in this format, especially one as complex as this. #### is going to happen. It's a Mathematical certainty.

"no game as complex as this one"

no wonder mcoc is the only game you've played.

and also to point out, you just conceded that kabam is unable to fix issues efficiently

That's what you're talking about? They said that nothing was changed about the duration. The description was updated to be more accurate. Hardly something that applies to this situation.

It has a ton to do with this situation.

Ghost rider wasn’t working as intended. Rather than updating the champ, they changed the text.

Nick Fury wasn’t working as intended (as kabam claims). Rather than updating the text, they changed the champ.

I wonder if I’ll get flagged for abuse with all these knowledge slaps I’m giving you 🙃
    "As Kabam claims".....you do realize they are the intention that determines whether or not it's working, right?
    Thr GR situation didn't change him at all. The text changed. I do not believe they would lie and just change the text. Sorry. There's path of least resistance, and then there's just consipracy.
    The bottom line is he isn't meant to Purify all. That was the intention. It was written exactly how he was intended to perform, and they fixed it. We can debate until the cows come home, but the very bottom line is they don't want him doing that. You might not think it's overpowered, but a Champ that gives penalty-free Suicides is overpowered. Nothing much else to say about it.
    GR didn’t change to match his text. Nick Fury changed to match his text. Can’t break it down any simpler to you homie.

After yet another knowledge slap I’ve given you, I’ll go back to ignoring you until you bring some actual substance to your posts.
    That literally makes no sense at all. The text is how they intended him to be. The fix made it in line with that. GR wasn't intended to perform that way, and didn't, so they updated the text. I don't think you're grasping this very well.
    It was two sentences. How does it not make sense? Oh I know, it does not make sense in the way YOU want it to make sense...

Anyways, if you read the words written in the GR post, it states the change in the description is to match how the champ functions in the game. It does NOT state, “the change in the description is meant to match how we intended the champ to perform.”

Knowledge slap #3
    What you're not seeing is he was already functioning as intended. That's why they updated the text. For years, he's been "working as intended". The text was different. They're not just going to change him to match the text that didn't even depict how he works, just because the text was different. That is what makes absolutely no sense at all. If he's working right, that's what takes precedence. Not the text.
    You think you're slapping me with knowledge, but all you're doing is shifting the information around to paint some kind of game that you think they're playing. They're not just shuffling things around for gits and shiggles. There's what they want from those Champs, and that is the priority. One involves fixing, the other involves fixing the text. Both cases, there is an intention that hasn't changed.
  • RogerRabsRogerRabs Posts: 548 ★★★★

Listen at this point, this thread is useless and not what it started out to be. The main point is, people saw that they could exploit things with Nick Fury, grinded, knowing exactly what they were doing, and now they’re on the forums complaining that Kabam ACTUALLY fixed a problem, which is complained about a lot more btw.

I can live with them changing the debuff bug. It does seem to indicate that he purifies one debuff, not multiple. But making his healing passive because they don't know their own game mechanics? Such BS.

They should stop using content creators as their QA.
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    Harada78 said:

So we waste real money and time and takes three weeks to acknowledge that this was not intended but you can clearly see videos of all there content creators promoting this synergy

No, kt took BG posting a video about how OP the synergy was for them to realize the "issue" then "fix" it.
    Ugh. You're seriously just dancing around. You and I both know very well the Thread you posted has a comment from Moderation that the text was fixed to reflect how he operates. The term "as intended" wasn't used, but that's a given.
    Literally nothing was changed about how he operates.
  • Harada78Harada78 Posts: 31
    Yeah they Totally killed this synergy for me. Changed the synergy and all it’s usefulness. Made nick fury a completed dud now without it. Really disappointed about the time I went in for this champ and after waiting a week with no known bugs they decided to change the text and synergy after players r5 him don't t thinks that fair At all or good business practice
    They didn't change the text. It's been the same since they released him.
  • Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★
    edited April 2019

The update to the durations was a nerf as instead of fixing the champ they decided to let him stay bugged basically and as for your question about fan buffet remove multiple buffs (different types ) it removes corvus true strike and cruelty buffs
  • 12345t678912345t6789 Posts: 17
    You have SIGNIFICANTLY altered the value of Nick Fury. As a frequent arena grinder that consistently uses "suicide" masteries, it was Nick Fury's Restoration Kit synergy that made him a "must have" champion. His ability to purify suicide debuffs was showcased on video after video from your Content Creator program and from people that pulled him early from the featured crystal offer. If this interaction was indeed "unintended" then why are you tell us this now AFTER people have heavily invested in him. WHY WAS THERE NO MENTION OF THIS (and your intent to "fix" it!) during the WEEKS leading up to his arena and crystal offering?

I both paid for and earned this champ in arenas and that investment was made under an obvious misrepresentation of the champion's value.

Will I be receiving a refund for the THOUSANDS of units that I spent double grinding the Nick Fury 5* arena?
    What about the rank up resources that I invested in the character? Do you intend to offer rank down tickets to Nick Fury owners?

This goes well beyond a bug fix. This is clearly a nerf and Nick Fury owners are not getting the value that was promised.
  • 12345t678912345t6789 Posts: 17
    Oh, please. The Content Creator program is used by KaBam to hype the release of these champions and that suicide synergy was demonstrated in almost all of them. If this was a bug then why was it not acknowledged or corrected by KaBam until well AFTER capitalizing on his arena. For all I know, the ability description was the error. Perhaps they left off an "s". Wouldn't be the first erroneous ability description. Correcting the text is a bug fix. Significantly altering the value of the champion is a nerf, plain and simple.
  • Patchie93Patchie93 Posts: 1,898 ★★★★
    How would an s fix the description
    As buff or a buffs neither makes sense
This discussion has been closed.