**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Overpowering Random Characters.

ShalanaforJokerShalanaforJoker Posts: 9
edited April 2019 in Suggestions and Requests
Since recently it feels the kabam team is using unnecessarily overpowered buffs on just any random champions. The game is starting to not reflect the power of the actually powerful characters of the marvel universe.

Don't you think the characters should be made in a way that reflects that the actual character shown through comics, cartoons or the mcu, Just because it's a new champion making it overpowered doesn't really make sense. I understand the business perspective where you can earn more by making a new champion more desirable to the existing customer base where they will spend there units, spend more to get champions.

But the game will only make sense if the actually powerful characters of marvel comics are built into the game that way as well.

What do ya'll think?

Comments

• JbwildeJbwilde Posts: 55
    Also, that’s the point of the battle realm and ISO to bring champs on a more level playing realm would you really wanna use any skill champ if they were as weak as they were in the comics?
  • I have been reading marvel comics for about 14 years now, so i know somewhat. There is noway a handful champions will dominate the battle realm if they are introduced properly. There's so many marvel characters that have certain weakness and a lot of other positives. they should be a way maintain the comic origin of the character without making it overpowered. But making **** characters like really powerful and making weaker characters more powerful doesn't make sense. Again, i understand the business side, but i think alot people are involved in the game because they want to see how there favourites characters play out. But if don't bring the characters origin in, it's just not right.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    Ultimately, they draw on Comics, Movies, and other sources, but not completely. They have to balance them within the framework of the game and within that, there is creative license to highlight whichever Champs they want. It's also a way for people to become more interested in Champs they may not particularly know much about.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,734 ★★★★★
    They already discussed about this.
    There is the game, there is the comics (marvel universe) and there is the MCU. All different, none the same.

This game is about adapting character's and their abilities based on fiction and real-life situations. They don't adapt their power levels for obvious reasons
  • This is a conversation that we need to sit down for. My whole idea is not getting through properly.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    No, I'd say we get your point, but there's no guarantee that Champs will dominate true to Comics.
  • XxLoganTDCxXXxLoganTDCxX Posts: 2,561 ★★★★
    Red Skull, Loki, Magneto, etc should be good though right?
    Wrong
    Its a game, not a movie or comics
    There has to be balance
  • ZuroZuro Posts: 2,707 ★★★★★
    I think what he is trying to say is why give some characters in this game certain abilities that don’t portray the actual character from the comics but that’s my guess you should elaborate on what you mean
  • TheVyrusTheVyrus Posts: 418 ★★★
    edited April 2019
    I think he is referring to the nodes that do not line up with characters. Like giving every new champ unstoppable and unblockable. Unfortunately they gave players the Mastery Tree that does the same thing for players, to a lesser extent, and therefore need the random nodes to maintain character balance.

Plus they have said many times that Marvel actually gives final say on he character's abilities.