**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Back Issues #2: Mystery in the Microrealm

Comments

• CaptainnerdyyCaptainnerdyy Posts: 5
    Needs to be 2016 to 2017 on them crystals.
  • RedRubRedRub Posts: 15
    Tsunani said:

No 5 star rank 5 gem?

It's there.
  • HeroBoltsyHeroBoltsy Posts: 785 ★★★
    Was there only one difficulty when this quest originally came out? Just curious...
  • RogerRabsRogerRabs Posts: 548 ★★★★

Was there only one difficulty when this quest originally came out? Just curious...

There's two difficulties same as the last one. Classic and Variant
  • Vale84Vale84 Posts: 308 ★★★
    MCOC Team said:

Once upon a time, an intrepid thief followed the trail of mysterious happenings in The Battlerealm. Little did he know this tiny curiosity would lead to some of the biggest changes in all of The Contest!

Introducing, Back Issues #2: Mystery in the Micro-Realms!

As the Contest has grown and evolved we’ve introduced many Event Quests, each with their own unique stories, and many that have expanded on the mythos of The Battlerealm and The Contest of Champions. We want to give Veteran Summoners a way to relive those moments, and newer ones that weren’t with us at the time a chance to experience the stories of the Contest that they had missed out on!

This Event Quest is available in TWO difficulties:

CLASSIC difficulty is a recreation of the original quest. While not completely 1:1, the layouts, difficulty, and dialogue are all the same as you remember. Take a stroll down memory lane and see how far you've come, or experience a quest you never got the chance to play!

VARIANT difficulty is a new spin on the quest, available for Summoners level 40 and up. This version features extreme challenge, new opponents, updated map layouts, and new combat effects for the boss fights. This quest will test even the mightiest of Summoners, so be prepared! You can find out more about the challenges you will face in Variant Difficulty in our latest Dev Diary post here: https://playcontestofchampions.com/dev-diary-added-difficulty/

The Variant Challenges!

Variant Difficulty will test not only your skills, but your knowledge of Champion abilities, immunities, resistances, and counters! Those who rely on only a few Champions will find the need to diversify.

Unlike Back Issues #1, there will not be explicit gates (like Class or Rarity), but instead we’ll be applying Global Buffs that strongly encourage the use of certain Champions. In this case, it’s XL Champions. All quests will make use of Micro-Reflect, Size Matters, and Particle Protector; effects you might remember from Evangeline Lily’s Champion Challenge last year. (But appropriately souped up.) On top of this, the new Runaway Express and Cultivating Mass Buffs will give XL Champions further advantages beyond their ability to ignore Particle Protector. Finally, Quests 1-3 through 3-3 will also feature Buffs that will benefit bringing in certain XL Champions!

Take a look at the new Buffs you’ll be combating or benefiting from:

Remember Summoners, Variant Difficulty is going to be HARD! The good news is that Back Issues are permanent content, so if you’re not able to take Variant Difficulty on right now, take all the time you need and come back to it when you feel you are better equipped!

Rewards:

For completing and mastering all of the Classic quests, you earn:

Tier 2 Basic ISO x4
    Tier 3 Basic ISO x22
    Tier 4 Basic ISO x6
    Gold x12250
    Units x225
    Tier 1 Alpha Catalyst x1
    Premium Hero Crystal x3
    3-Star Hero Crystal x1

For completing and mastering all of the Variant quests, you earn:

5-Star Rank 2 → 3 Gem Crystal x3
    5-Star Rank 3 → 4 Gem Crystal (2015 Champs Only) x3
    5-Star Rank 3 → 4 Gem Crystal x1
    5-Star Rank 4 → 5 Gem Crystal x1
    5-Star Awakening Gem Crystal x1
    5-Star Crystal x1
    Tier 5 Basic Catalyst Fragments x27000
    6-Star Crystal Shards x2250
    5-Star Signature Stone Crystal x48
    Gold x2,100,000
    Units x360

This Quest will be available starting Wednesday, April 10th at 10 am PST! Remember, this is permanent content, so you can take your time completing this throwback!

So.

New content, harder than variant 1

SAME rewards of Variant 1

AGAIN 2015 rankups? If i got only cosmics or techs rankups 2015 so far, and find 2 more, running out of champion rankable, are they gonna rot forever in my inventory?

I am speechless at how you can't even think basic issues like these. Content progression =/= rewards progression is defenetly a let down too.

Nodes look fun too, and welp good job untill we see the champions combinations over them. But there's a clear air of "out of touch-ness" that makes me rather enjoy retirement. That's one too many disappointment in the last week sadly.
  • CliffordcanCliffordcan Posts: 1,341 ★★★★
    Also, can we get descriptions for Micro-Reflect and Size Matters?
  • IKONIKON Posts: 1,334 ★★★★★
    I do hope there's some revamps to old mutants to make them viable, and to a certain extent tech, other 4 classes are good for 2015 champs, and science is totally loaded.
  • Smeagz23Smeagz23 Posts: 96 ★★
    2015 again!? Tell me that’s a typo. If it’s not 2016 instead of 2015 this time you guys are officially brain dead.
  • tkt546tkt546 Posts: 34
    So what happens when you don't have anymore 2015 champs to rank up? I know it's highly unlikely, but what if you get all mutant? There's only 4 mutants currently available. Not to mention that several people have had Storm or Cyclops r4 for quite some time.
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    I’m tentatively excited for this, although XL champs are sort of in short supply and the majority of them suck. I’m lucky to have Venom and Sentinel.
  • HeroBoltsyHeroBoltsy Posts: 785 ★★★
    RogerRabs said:

There's two difficulties same as the last one. Classic and Variant
    Oh, no, I meant when this originally came out back in 2015.
  • UncleRayRayUncleRayRay Posts: 15
    What aabout those ppl who have for example all the Mutants 2015 champs at r4 already? What if they pull another mutant r4?
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    No way that it's 3 more 2015 gems. There aren't enough decent champs for that to be possible. I'm sure it should be 2015 or 2016 champs.
  • Cryptic_CobraCryptic_Cobra Posts: 532 ★★★
    Micro reflect and size matters. Can we get a refresher on what these global nodes do again? All the picture describes is how particle protector works, but you said all 3 of these are going to be the global. I dont recall exactly what these nodes did, I just remember it was a really bad idea to use small champs during the event.
  • belli300belli300 Posts: 704 ★★★
    Why is this issue of variant still giving rank up gems for 2015 champs shouldn’t this issue give rewards to rank 2016 champs?
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    Micro-Reflect: When the Defender Glances an attack, a portion of the damage is reflected on the attacker.

Per: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/132104/particle-protector-and-micro-reflect-not-working-properly
  • Vale84Vale84 Posts: 308 ★★★

Micro reflect and size matters. Can we get a refresher on what these global nodes do again? All the picture describes is how particle protector works, but you said all 3 of these are going to be the global. I dont recall exactly what these nodes did, I just remember it was a really bad idea to use small champs during the event.

if i recall:

micro reflect give glancing ability to the defender, where part of the glanced dmg becomes collateral dmg you will take (we have an uncollected path like that i think and the dmg reflected defenetly is a lot more than first appearances this node made).

Size matters works similarly. based on your champs size, opponents can glance heavies, mediums, specials, light hits. the bigger the champ, the less options the defenders will glance. no dmg reflection on this one
  • geoff78geoff78 Posts: 219 ★★
    Mcoc team. Enough with the ridiculous "RNG" determined rank ups. Randomizing the classes these rewards will benefit is much more unhealthy for the game than crystal hoarding every will be. Bring back t2a, and t5b rewards over the rank up gems. I'm sure most of your paying clientele would appreciate that
  • RapRap Posts: 3,193 ★★★★
    So to play you gotta rank a bunch of different 5s for one specific event? And if you have gaps in your roster you??? Just skip it till someday? You guys are really jumping the shark.
    edited April 2019
    Size Matters: XL Champions attacks cannot be Glanced. (there is a lot more to it, not going to type it all out)

Per Seatin's E Lily video
  • RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,498 ★★★★★
    edited April 2019

From Map 7 where it also appears.
  • Dunamis3493Dunamis3493 Posts: 2
    IKON said:

Antman quest is from 2015, so we get 2015 gems

Why More people don’t understand this is beyond me.
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,034 ★★★★★

IKON said:

Antman quest is from 2015, so we get 2015 gems

Why More people don’t understand this is beyond me.
    We understand that but it rng with you can end op with mutant and this class hav 4 avibel to ipgrade