**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Can I use units to hire a tutor to explain the Human Torch's abilities for me?

MMCskippyMMCskippy Posts: 352 ★★
Is there a condensed version? How many variables are there to track? Smoldering... On fire... low temp... high temp... WTF?

Can we get a condensed version for an e-reader of his abilities? I seriously can't read all of the text off of my phone. I feel like I'm preparing for the SAT when I read his abilities.

I mean, my condensed version is: If you fight him with a mystic champ, you're going to die immediately. All other champs will be burned to death unless you can somehow see through the massively overblown graphics to evade his L1. Any champs immune to incinerate will strap pillows to their fists to fight him.

On the Epic path in the negative zone he also seems to be impervious to Assassin. My 3/45 awakened Void got clipped by him on a Special, so I revived Void and went at him again, except Johnny was at 15% health. My damage was not 60% higher. (I'm running max assassin, max deep wounds and max despair.) I'll cycle Gwenpool on a run because 5/50 max sig Wolvie doesn't seem to proc the bleeds I need to limit his debuff damage (I seem to remember reading that).

I'm glad I get a lot of free practice against him. I'm going to need a lot of experience from those distracting visuals to develop any timing what-so-ever with evading him.

Comments

• RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,369 ★★★★★
    Based off what i learn...key is to keep his temp down and avoid being hit by his light or medium attacks the last phase of his specials. Also if he goes in super nova just wait it out, i fought him in bounty many times and only once triggered super nova but even then i avoided attacking or letting him attack me.

Idk if in UC it would work but SL took him down without no problem on master in bounty...also dont bring mystic champs lol.

I also noticed in his bio stating opponents with power sting would take damage i am not sure if this is basically saying use Emma or YJ but when i used YJ i never got him to throw his special under powersting but with emma he took 2% damage from her. Do wonder how much from YJ lol
  • The_OneThe_One Posts: 2,936 ★★★★
    I've only fought him in the bounty missions but I one shot him every time on epic with cap IW or blade.
    No doubt he has ridiculous nodes in UC
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    I actually have tried to fight him with Mephisto but even then he's hard. He really punishes you for using the disadvantaged class, a bit overkill if you ask me.

I do not like his telephone book ability description either. Annihilus as well. I don't think it is positive addition to this game. This is even worse than IMIW/CAIW.
  • iRetr0iRetr0 Posts: 1,252 ★★★★
    edited April 2019
    I have a question, how does he gain Smoulder? How can I make him lose it? Once he gains 1 Smoulder seemingly out of nowhere, I already know it's game over.
  • AjisdopeAjisdope Posts: 932 ★★★
    I would fight Torch over Thing anyday
  • KalantakKalantak Posts: 1,291 ★★★★
    I also absolutely don't understand how he works!! He incinerates the incinerate immune!!! How in the heck is that possible??!! Its like blade bleeding a sentinel oh cause its a passive bleed so sentinel has to bleed! WTF!!! And that special two is either so fkin fast or laggs my game n i cant get back even thiugh i know i m gonna get wrecked but my champ just stands there
    edited April 2019
    Kalantak said:

I also absolutely don't understand how he works!! He incinerates the incinerate immune!!! How in the heck is that possible??!! Its like blade bleeding a sentinel oh cause its a passive bleed so sentinel has to bleed! WTF!!! And that special two is either so fkin fast or laggs my game n i cant get back even thiugh i know i m gonna get wrecked but my champ just stands there

Super Nova phase when he applies incinerate to incinerate immune bc in reality super nova is considered the strongest element in space which can melt literally against in its path

I have a question, how does he gain Smoulder? How can I make him lose it? Once he gains 1 Smoulder seemingly out of nowhere, I already know it's game over.

Tip is when his temp down fight normal but avoid being hit during his light or heavy attacks and last phase of his special attacks. If he reaches super nova just stay back and avoid him.
  • iRetr0iRetr0 Posts: 1,252 ★★★★

Tip is when his temp down fight normal but avoid being hit during his light or heavy attacks and last phase of his special attacks. If he reaches super nova just stay back and avoid him.
    @RiderofHell You still didn't answer my question on how to avoid him getting any Smoulder charges, or how to get rid of them

@RiderofHell You still didn't answer my question on how to avoid him getting any Smoulder charges, or how to get rid of them
    To avoid smoulder you must not block the last hit of his sp1 or sp2...if you block last hit from his sp1 he gets 1 smoulder and 2 smoulders if you block last 2 hits of his sp2
  • MMCskippyMMCskippy Posts: 352 ★★
    There are certain champs that make you pay if you have a laggy device. This is one of those champs!

I'm not sure if it's the higher graphics associated with him, or if it's all the game mechanics that are going on all at once, but they combine to have him either destroy you as a complete surprise or destroy you as you hopelessly try to evade while your champ just stands there.

It's good that he's the boss in the Negative Zone. We get to see how messy of a war defender he will be.