**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Beating a dead horse?

I realize its offseason and a lot of master level alliances are tanking but... how?

Comments

• crgoodw1ncrgoodw1n Posts: 125
    Legit asking. I’m sure I’m missing something. Just looking for an explanation.
  • HaminHamin Posts: 2,444 ★★★★★
    Circumventing the system as usual.

Top alliance's Modus Operandi.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,191 ★★★★★
    Hamin said:

Circumventing the system as usual.

Top alliance's Modus Operandi.

Always working the system somehow. Lol. I wouldn't say that's really a statement directed at this particular Ally. Just people working some kind of advantage in general. TBH, I'm not a fan of this "save my seat while I go work an angle" business.
  • RapRap Posts: 3,193 ★★★★
    It completely escapes me what satisfaction they could get from being sneaks, operators and sometimes flat out cheats! Does it keep that spring in their step? Feed the kids? Get them dates with hotties? What?
    Simple. They want to monopolize and dominate the entire War Board. Lol.
  • DshuDshu Posts: 1,503 ★★★★

Is there any rule in place to say switching alliances is wrong? Will they really be able to climb back to the same level in a months time. If so that's great they have the skills to do it. I fail to see how they are monopolizing and dominating the aw board by presenting themselves with a greater challenge. Even if the whole alliance did move to a shell alliance they will still have to face the top tier alliances in order to reach the same level
    Taking up multiple spots on the Leaderboard is not really fair now, is it? Not a bit, actually. Just greedy when you think about it. Trying to dominate the Leaderboard by using multiple places is just unsportsmanlike. Not to mention if they're at the Top, they're just pecking off people lower than them in their spare time. There is something wrong with it. Anyone who understands the concept of fairness would see that.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Dshu said:

Is there any rule in place to say switching alliances is wrong? Will they really be able to climb back to the same level in a months time. If so that's great they have the skills to do it. I fail to see how they are monopolizing and dominating the aw board by presenting themselves with a greater challenge. Even if the whole alliance did move to a shell alliance they will still have to face the top tier alliances in order to reach the same level
    Wait. Swapping to a lower alliance so that you can destroy low alliances without the need for item use while the low alliance has to burn all their potions or fail to complete the map is giving themselves a greater challenge? Wow lol. That's quite a spin.

Dshu said:

Wait. Swapping to a lower alliance so that you can destroy low alliances without the need for item use while the low alliance has to burn all their potions or fail to complete the map is giving themselves a greater challenge? Wow lol. That's quite a spin.
    Yep.
  • DshuDshu Posts: 1,503 ★★★★

Taking up multiple spots on the Leaderboard is not really fair now, is it? Not a bit, actually. Just greedy when you think about it. Trying to dominate the Leaderboard by using multiple places is just unsportsmanlike. Not to mention if they're at the Top, they're just pecking off people lower than them in their spare time. There is something wrong with it. Anyone who understands the concept of fairness would see that.

Clogging up the forum to respond to every post regardless of if it applies to you is greedy but there is no rule against that. While you may not like the fact that they found a loophole in the game and are willing to fight their way back to that top spot it's not against any rule to start or move to another alliance. They are also not taking multiple spots on the leaderboards if the old alliance has only 2 members. You need a minimum number of players in an alliance to even participate in aw so the old alliance wont even be in the running for rewards.
  • UppercutUppercut Posts: 158

It’s not the first time of course. They swapped into that alliance before season 8 and lowered rating of original one during season. Now they can swap back - original alliance is ready for season 9. Rinse and repeat to prepare for season 10. Shell alliances were used to abuse the system for years at this point

Kabam never punished this behavior so why not take advantage?
    Uppercut said:

It’s not the first time of course. They swapped into that alliance before season 8 and lowered rating of original one during season. Now they can swap back - original alliance is ready for season 9. Rinse and repeat to prepare for season 10. Shell alliances were used to abuse the system for years at this point

Kabam never punished this behavior so why not take advantage?
    Yeah I can't speak for them doing something about it or not. All I know is I think it's dirty. It's supposed to be Alliance Wars, not selfish domination.
  • HaminHamin Posts: 2,444 ★★★★★
    Dshu said:

Clogging up the forum to respond to every post regardless of if it applies to you is greedy but there is no rule against that.